Excellent Kearny Police Work

Guest Harrison Senior

Guest Harrison Senior

I am very impressed with the Kearny Police after I read a story today about a violent confrontation they had with criminals in a near riot situation. They apprehended the crazed offenders who attacked the Officers with everything they had available. Yet, three brave, dedicated, and vigilant Officers who were bruised and bloodied in this life or death confrontation refused medical attention, changed uniforms and finished their shift. These Officers should be recognized with promotions for this hand to hand combat situation.

In my opinion, had three Kearny firefighters had gotten 1/2 of the trauma these Officers continue to endure the Firefighters would have been out as injured on duty and applying to the state for the 2/3 tax free disability which is no longer paid out of the pension system. Those pensions are now paid directly by taxpayer dollars and would cost the Kearny residents a couple of million over the life of the pensions. If the Police are in the State of NJ health benefit program as the firefighters are the Police should have a better benefit package as they face more danger than Firefighters every day of the week. If they are in the same, the Firefighters should contribute more on a yearly basis and the Police less for the same coverage.

Guest Harrison Senior

I am very impressed with the Kearny Police after I read a story today about a violent confrontation they had with criminals in a near riot situation. They apprehended the crazed offenders who attacked the Officers with everything they had available. Yet, three brave, dedicated, and vigilant Officers who were bruised and bloodied in this life or death confrontation refused medical attention, changed uniforms and finished their shift. These Officers should be recognized with promotions for this hand to hand combat situation.

In my opinion, had three Kearny firefighters had gotten 1/2 of the trauma these Officers continue to endure the Firefighters would have been out as injured on duty and applying to the state for the 2/3 tax free disability which is no longer paid out of the pension system. Those pensions are now paid directly by taxpayer dollars and would cost the Kearny residents a couple of million over the life of the pensions. If the Police are in the State of NJ health benefit program as the firefighters are the Police should have a better benefit package as they face more danger than Firefighters every day of the week. If they are in the same, the Firefighters should contribute more on a yearly basis and the Police less for the same coverage.

Yeah Barney we get it.