hfd promotions

Guest sharperhead

Guest Hugh Jasz

More promotions? What a joke on the taxpayers. Now this is even funnier than the EMS Captains scam. Ratio to officer/firemen should be back to about 1:1 now.

Guest Harrison Senior

More promotions? What a joke on the taxpayers. Now this is even funnier than the EMS Captains scam. Ratio to officer/firemen should be back to about 1:1 now.

Hugh Jasz ? That Barney sure is slick.

Guest Citizen

Guests, I guess that 1 officer ratio to 11/4 fireman is except able because your not a taxpayer of the Town of Harrison . Are you one of those men being promoted ?

Guest Guest

Here is Channel 7's Jim Dolan's report on Harrison. What Jim Dolan didn't get is that the Harrison Firefighters were in town for the St. Patrick's Day Parade when the fire started. There was plenty of Harrison fire fighters but they are incompetent and as usual called in neighboring towns to help them put out the fire. It is not the lack of man power it is the lack of skills. Just sub-contract out Newark or Jersey City to respond to Harrison if there is a big fire and hire East Newark volunteers for the routine stuff and the Harrison taxpayers will save millions. How dare the Mayor and Council even consider promotions on the heals of such a poor job by our firefighters (can we keep calling them that after this latest performance. It should be more like incompetent fighters.)

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=9049120&pid=9049104

Guest Guest

Here is Channel 7's Jim Dolan's report on Harrison. What Jim Dolan didn't get is that the Harrison Firefighters were in town for the St. Patrick's Day Parade when the fire started. There was plenty of Harrison fire fighters but they are incompetent and as usual called in neighboring towns to help them put out the fire. It is not the lack of man power it is the lack of skills. Just sub-contract out Newark or Jersey City to respond to Harrison if there is a big fire and hire East Newark volunteers for the routine stuff and the Harrison taxpayers will save millions. How dare the Mayor and Council even consider promotions on the heals of such a poor job by our firefighters (can we keep calling them that after this latest performance. It should be more like incompetent fighters.)

What the Harrison Fire Dept. needs is a volunteer backup. With so many firemen living out of town, a volunteer back up would insure manpower in a faster manner than it would take for a help to come from Jersey City or even North Arlington. Most towns in NJ have volunteer Dept. With most of the industry moved out we should have no problem putting out residential fires. I would bet we could easily get a dozen or more volunteers, which would save the taxpayers a fortune and provide tons of manpower at a working fire in a short period of time.

Guest Guest

FINALLY, something on big media about this problem

But they got it wrong. Jim Dolan instead of checking the facts and conducting a comprehensive investigation simply went with the fireman's story that they are undermanned. They are calling mutual aid all the time because they simply are not doing the job they are paid to do. If I didn't do my job, I would be fired. If every time it came time for me to do my job, I called over a colleague and said you do my job, I would be fired.

Jim Dolan should review the various videotapes from the fire and figure out that the Harrison fire fighters done very little to put this fire out and then blamed others and shortage of man power. On the day of the fire, there were plenty of additional Harrison firefighters in town to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and march in the parade. So why didn't they all go suit up and help put the fire out. Because they are a bunch of lazy cowards we call Harrison fire fighters.

Guest Harrison Senior

But they got it wrong. Jim Dolan instead of checking the facts and conducting a comprehensive investigation simply went with the fireman's story that they are undermanned. They are calling mutual aid all the time because they simply are not doing the job they are paid to do. If I didn't do my job, I would be fired. If every time it came time for me to do my job, I called over a colleague and said you do my job, I would be fired.

Jim Dolan should review the various videotapes from the fire and figure out that the Harrison fire fighters done very little to put this fire out and then blamed others and shortage of man power. On the day of the fire, there were plenty of additional Harrison firefighters in town to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and march in the parade. So why didn't they all go suit up and help put the fire out. Because they are a bunch of lazy cowards we call Harrison fire fighters.

Poor Barney, You're going to get an ulcer if you can't get over being rejected by the HFD.