Creationists take over Grand Canyon

God Save Us From Christians

HOW OLD IS THE GRAND CANYON? PARK SERVICE WON’T SAY — Orders to Cater to Creationists Makes National Park Agnostic on Geology

Washington, DC — Grand Canyon National Park is not permitted to give an official estimate of the geologic age of its principal feature, due to pressure from Bush administration appointees. Despite promising a prompt review of its approval for a book claiming the Grand Canyon was created by Noah's flood rather than by geologic forces, more than three years later no review has ever been done and the book remains on sale at the park, according to documents released today by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER).

“In order to avoid offending religious fundamentalists, our National Park Service is under orders to suspend its belief in geology,” stated PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch. “It is disconcerting that the official position of a national park as to the geologic age of the Grand Canyon is ‘no comment.’”"

Read more:

http://www.peer.org/news/news_id.php?row_id=428

PARK SERVICE STICKS WITH BIBLICAL EXPLANATION FOR GRAND CANYON — Promised Legal Review on Creationist Book Is Shelved

Washington, DC -- The Bush Administration has decided that it will stand by its approval for a book claiming the Grand Canyon was created by Noah's flood rather than by geologic forces, according to internal documents released today by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER).

NPS Headquarters did not respond to a January 25th memo from its own top geologists charging that sale of the book violated agency policies and undercut its scientific education programs;

The Park Service ignored a letter of protest signed by the presidents of seven scientific societies on December 16, 2003.

"Promoting creationism in our national parks is just as wrong as promoting it in our public schools," stated PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch, "If the Bush Administration is using public resources for pandering to Christian fundamentalists, it should at least have the decency to tell the truth about it."

More proof that fundamentalist Christians have an agenda to turn America into a Taliban like Theocracy.

And it starts in Kearny, NJ in the classrooms of teachers like the Baptist Mr. P.

Read more:

http://www.peer.org/news/news_id.php?row_id=428

NPS Headquarters did not respond to a January 25th memo from its own top geologists charging that sale of the book violated agency policies and undercut its scientific education programs;

The Park Service ignored a letter of protest signed by the presidents of seven scientific societies on December 16, 2003.

"Promoting creationism in our national parks is just as wrong as promoting it in our public schools," stated PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch, "If the Bush Administration is using public resources for pandering to Christian fundamentalists, it should at least have the decency to tell the truth about it."

More proof that fundamentalist Christians have an agenda to turn America into a Taliban like Theocracy.

And it starts in Kearny, NJ in the classrooms of teachers like the Baptist Mr. P.

:/

I read about this--at least from what I heard at the time, the correct geological age of the canyon still remains on their website.

Just more evidence of what a splendid job Bush is doing, suppressing science for the benefit of tired myths. :P

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-flood.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icr-science.html

Just more evidence of what a splendid job Bush is doing, suppressing science for the benefit of tired myths. :P

I really can't understand why you Kool-Aiders are so down on my hero.

After all, Santa's busy in his workshop, the Easter Bunny never fails to appear, and the Tooth Fairy continues her fine work, all due to the protection of our cowboy.

After all, Santa's busy in his workshop, the Easter Bunny never fails to appear, and the Tooth Fairy continues her fine work, all due to the protection of our cowboy.

Hey, don't forget Jesus in your list of fairy tale characters too!

Guest Patriot

Not only Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. The president also protects the Daffy Darwiniacs, the Loony Lefties and the Kool-aiders. One big happy family.

Not only Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. The president also protects the Daffy Darwiniacs, the Loony Lefties and the Kool-aiders. One big happy family.

Of course, we KNOW he has good family values, we saw him campaigning for the adulterous congressman in PA.

Yeah, but YOU told us that going from 4 to 4.6% under Bush meant that unemployment was way down, seem like you're either a liar or an idiot.

Or, maybe you're so talented that you're an idiotic liar or a lying idiot.

I'm afraid he doesn't. You see, the president, as one of you Christian Fundamentalists really has no use for the Constitution either. He can read my mail, peek into my bank accounts, credit card records and listen in on my phone conversations. All without a warrant, all at the whim of his people.

He doesn't protect any of those groups you mentioned. He's only protecting his job.

How sad that you are so blinded by your Jesus that you don't see it.

I'm afraid he doesn't.  You see, the president, as one of you Christian Fundamentalists really has no use for the Constitution either.  He can read my mail, peek into my bank accounts, credit card records and listen in on my phone conversations.  All without a warrant, all at the whim of his people.

He doesn't protect any of those groups you mentioned.  He's only protecting his job.

You must have a high opinion of yourself to think that the Pres has the need to look at any of your info.

Don't be afraid, no one cares about you. :)

Guest 2smart4u
I'm afraid he doesn't.  You see, the president, as one of you Christian Fundamentalists really has no use for the Constitution either.  He can read my mail, peek into my bank accounts, credit card records and listen in on my phone conversations.  All without a warrant, all at the whim of his people.

He doesn't protect any of those groups you mentioned.  He's only protecting his job.

Insignificant bits of protoplasm like yourself hold no interest to the federal government, you can come out from under your bed.

Yeah, but YOU told us that going from 4 to 4.6% under Bush meant that unemployment was way down, seem like you're either a liar or an idiot.

Or, maybe you're so talented that you're an idiotic liar or a lying idiot.

That's called Christian Math. Just like Intelligent Design, and Christian History, they ignore the facts, and make up whatever they want to as "truth."

It's what they teach in Home School Curriculum, since the godless public schools are filled with devil worshippers.

It's also why all the best brains are coming to this country from China and India. The Religious Fundamental Home School movement are making up their own truths while ignoring facts.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

In Jonestown, the folks who drank the "Koo-Aide" were misguided and indoctrinated by a religious zealot. By default, each time you use the term 'Kool-Aide Drinker", you are in fact talking about yourself.

You must have a high opinion of yourself to think that the Pres has the need to look at any of your info.

Don't be afraid, no one cares about you. :ninja:

Gosh, that makes this unprecedented power-grab okay, then. After all, it won't be affecting me personally, so why should I care if the Constitution's getting trashed (again)?

If only "patriot" were here to offer his cheerful support for theocratic tyranny, too.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
Actually, it was Flavor-Ade they used as Jonestown.  I don't know what the hell a "kool-aider" is, unless it's a person who is not particularly discriminating in their choice of refreshment.  ;)

Ouch! You just split my hair! :P

Actually, it was Flavor-Ade they used as Jonestown.  I don't know what the hell a "kool-aider" is, unless it's a person who is not particularly discriminating in their choice of refreshment.  :P

I hope it didn't take you a long time to come up with that gem.