Cops and Firemen should live in town!

Guest Town resident

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kearny senior

Ok Barney we get it.The firemen are gonna have to pay nine thousand dollars a year just for health insurance and none of the crooked politicians will even raise taxes to help them out. They run into burning buildinds and save like 300 babies and you people keep complaining. The NJ state tax form should have a box to contribute to the firefighters health money because they almose die every day. I cry myself to sleep at 8 o cock at night thinking about the horror facing these men and the nightmares there families go through every day. Its not even febuary and they saved like 50 lives. you should grow up.

There was a residency clause years ago, it was lost due to an NAACP lawsuit. The Mayor promised to fight the ruling, but has since abandoned this position.

I agree with you, we should hire from within. BUT, you have to take that up with the Mayor, no idea why he changed his mind.

Guest Work here live here!

The Courts and Civil Service Commission disagree.....Tough Luck

Well just recently a residency law was enacted stating all state workers have to live within in the state. I don't see it as a stretch to expand residency requirements to each municipality leaving it to each town and or city to impose such residency requirements. We need elected officials that will fight this fight! Work here live here!

A guy from Bayonne was seriously injured fighting a fire on Devon Street less than 10 days ago. If you're going to risk your life to save me, I don't really give a crap where you're from.

Well just recently a residency law was enacted stating all state workers have to live within in the state. I don't see it as a stretch to expand residency requirements to each municipality leaving it to each town and or city to impose such residency requirements. We need elected officials that will fight this fight! Work here live here!

Actually for Police Officers that has been in effect for decades..you HAVE to be an NJ resident to be a cop in NJ. Kearny HAD residency requirements, the NAACP Lawsuits in the 90's did away with those...B**ch to them.

Much easier to mandate residence within STATE boundaries, gives you an area wide enough to permit people to live in an affordable area. Kearny is affordable, but might not be for everyone, so to mandate living within town borders becomes more difficult.

Having said that, being a resident prior to employment, and requiring to maintain for a set period of time would seem a lot more enforceable.

Guest Work here live here

A guy from Bayonne was seriously injured fighting a fire on Devon Street less than 10 days ago. If you're going to risk your life to save me, I don't really give a crap where you're from.

Let him move to Kearny! Work here live here!

Guest Work here live here

Let him move to Kearny! Work here live here!

Much easier to mandate residence within STATE boundaries, gives you an area wide enough to permit people to live in an affordable area. Kearny is affordable, but might not be for everyone, so to mandate living within town borders becomes more difficult.

Having said that, being a resident prior to employment, and requiring to maintain for a set period of time would seem a lot more enforceable.

NAACP lawsuits stopped that. Kearny had that in place until the Mid 1990's.

Guess you make your money here and then run off to the shore to spend it! Nice!

I merely didn't want assholes like YOU for a neighbor....thanks for making my point for me. Oh and now, i'm retired and taking your tax money completely out of the state... Thanks again.

When you have cops and firemen living in the town they serve you have ready real time available manpower in the event of a major emergency. You also have individuals who are vested in the community they serve, and economically speaking there is a better chance of keeping some of the money earned in town. These are just a few of the many advantages of having emergency personnel living in town. What are some of the advantages to having these people live out of town?

I merely didn't want assholes like YOU for a neighbor....thanks for making my point for me. Oh and now, i'm retired and taking your tax money completely out of the state... Thanks again.

Do you realize how ignorant you sound? Sad really sad!

Guest kearny senior

I will grab a firemans hose anytime even if there is no fire. I willalso keep them warm on cold nights if they want. Outcall only. You got the digits and the $, I'm your sexy senior!

With a reply like that who's the a**hole?

When you have cops and firemen living in the town they serve you have ready real time available manpower in the event of a major emergency. You also have individuals who are vested in the community they serve, and economically speaking there is a better chance of keeping some of the money earned in town. These are just a few of the many advantages of having emergency personnel living in town. What are some of the advantages to having these people live out of town?

That's very nice but what if you don't have enough people in town who want to take those jobs? Every town is different. Some towns won't have enough people to provide those services, or provide them well. We have some excellent officers and firefighters from outside Kearny, and some knuckleheads from within the town. So the idea, if put into practice, wouldn't help our community.

I guess the cops can live where the wish--who would want to live were we need to screen who goes to a wake. I seems that the girl that was murdered on the Drive had "Bloods" as pallbearers

and that was keeping the police, state police, and who knows who else busy. There was fear of a gang war. So the Drive was blocked off and all cars going into the area around Theil-Reids had

to be checked--in Armitage's second floor were sharp shooters watching out for problems. NA police would not let the funeral procession motor down Ridge Road---it was diverted to Schuyler

Avenue--no gang wars allowed on Ridge Road?

So you think that everything is Kearny is wonderful--guess again. The uniforms in the schools was done for a reason. We have had guards in KHS for years--do they have guns or not, I don't know,

but that wouldn't surprise me.

Hats off to our police and firefighters. You can live in Kearny or not, but, do keep us safe when you are on your jobs--that is all that we can ask and all that we expect.

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: The above information has not been confirmed.

I guess the cops can live where the wish--who would want to live were we need to screen who goes to a wake. I seems that the girl that was murdered on the Drive had "Bloods" as pallbearers

and that was keeping the police, state police, and who knows who else busy. There was fear of a gang war. So the Drive was blocked off and all cars going into the area around Theil-Reids had

to be checked--in Armitage's second floor were sharp shooters watching out for problems. NA police would not let the funeral procession motor down Ridge Road---it was diverted to Schuyler

Avenue--no gang wars allowed on Ridge Road?

So you think that everything is Kearny is wonderful--guess again. The uniforms in the schools was done for a reason. We have had guards in KHS for years--do they have guns or not, I don't know,

but that wouldn't surprise me.

Hats off to our police and firefighters. You can live in Kearny or not, but, do keep us safe when you are on your jobs--that is all that we can ask and all that we expect.

Yeah, boy, school uniforms will keep out the gangs.

Wow..some nameless douchebag on the internet doesn't like me... however will I survive????? :(

You kiss your mother with that mouth you knuckle dragging moron tell you what you give me your name and ill give you mine tough guy!

You see my family were real cops in real cities and they lived where they worked and took care of their communities. They gave they didn't just take. You are either a sh*t stirrer or just plain stupid. Glad you are no longer on the job and out of state! So be gone loser and taker.

I guess the cops can live where the wish--who would want to live were we need to screen who goes to a wake. I seems that the girl that was murdered on the Drive had "Bloods" as pallbearersand that was keeping the police, state police, and who knows who else busy. There was fear of a gang war. So the Drive was blocked off and all cars going into the area around Theil-Reids hadto be checked--in Armitage's second floor were sharp shooters watching out for problems. NA police would not let the funeral procession motor down Ridge Road---it was diverted to SchuylerAvenue--no gang wars allowed on Ridge Road? So you think that everything is Kearny is wonderful--guess again. The uniforms in the schools was done for a reason. We have had guards in KHS for years--do they have guns or not, I don't know,but that wouldn't surprise me. Hats off to our police and firefighters. You can live in Kearny or not, but, do keep us safe when you are on your jobs--that is all that we can ask and all that we expect.

Maybe if the cops lived here the town might be in better shape!