Pete's Place

Guest Guest

Pete's Place closed its doors just before Christmas.

Another local landmark gone.

Thanks for 30 years of good food, good drink and conversation among friends.

And my cholesterol level dropped 20 points in the last week. Boy am I gonna miss that place!

Pete's Place closed its doors just before Christmas.

Another local landmark gone.

Thanks for 30 years of good food, good drink and conversation among friends.

YEAH AND THIS PLACE IS GOING TO BE REPLACED BY A DUNKIN DONUTS?! DONT WE HAVE ENOUGH DUNKIN DONUTS AROUND HERE?! GEEZ!!! HOW ABOUT A STARBUCKS OR SOMETHING ELSE?!

YEAH AND THIS PLACE IS GOING TO BE REPLACED BY A DUNKIN DONUTS?! DONT WE HAVE ENOUGH DUNKIN DONUTS AROUND HERE?! GEEZ!!! HOW ABOUT A STARBUCKS OR SOMETHING ELSE?!

Why not another Baptist Church? Your local Baptists don't seem to have enough places to preach, they are spilling over into the public schools in Kearny.

Why not another Baptist Church?  Your local Baptists don't seem to have enough places to preach, they are spilling over into the public schools in Kearny.

I'm sure your starting to annoy more than just me! And what s with the "quote" at the bottom of your posts?? WEIRDO

I'm sure your starting to annoy more than just me! And what s with the "quote" at the bottom of your posts?? WEIRDO

You don't like my quote at the bottom? That's from the Bible. You should read it some time.

Moses and the Israelites fought the Midianites:

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

It's all there in the Bible. But I guess Christians don't read the parts they don't like. Only the parts about Jesus being the God of Love. I guess mass slaughter counts as love in their eyes as well.

Annoying the Christians? I haven't even begun yet!

Why not another Baptist Church?  Your local Baptists don't seem to have enough places to preach, they are spilling over into the public schools in Kearny.

Isn't there enough blogs in this site for you to post about that crap.

God save us from YOU.

You don't like my quote at the bottom?  That's from the Bible.  You should read it some time.

Moses and the Israelites fought the Midianites:

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

It's all there in the Bible.  But I guess Christians don't read the parts they don't like.  Only the parts about Jesus being the God of Love.  I guess mass slaughter counts as love in their eyes as well.

Annoying the Christians?  I haven't even begun yet!

Maybe a more specific 'cite' in your sig would be clearer ("Numbers 31:13-18").

Isn't there enough blogs in this site for you to post about that crap.

God save us from YOU.

When Paskeweicz is fired, or severly punished for the "crap" he did, I will gracefully leave this board.

Until then, the world needs to continue to know what a backwater city Kearny, NJ is.

Guest A Christian
When Paskeweicz is fired, or severly punished for the "crap" he did, I will gracefully leave this board.

Until then, the world needs to continue to know what a backwater city Kearny, NJ is.

Well then I guess you'll be posting here until you push your last key. LOL.

You know, this is one of those top ten qualities of being a Christian fundie--when a non-Christian knows the Bible better than you do.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...18;&version=31;

Thanks for the insight, STRIFE 767, but I was questioning WHY he would use that as a quote......YES, using that at the end of your comment makes you a wierdo!

Well let us thank you now for the warning! But regardless of what we think about the Paskeweicz drama, if he hasn't been been suspended or anything yet, it isn't going to happen. I got a better idea, why not use some of the time you spend on this site and make a few calls/visits to the BOE to voice your comments. :P

Well let us thank you now for the warning! But regardless of what we think about the Paskeweicz drama, if he hasn't been been suspended or anything yet, it isn't going to happen. I got a better idea, why not use some of the time you spend on this site and make a few calls/visits to the BOE to voice your comments.  :P

already have. It was kind of like talking to the people that ran the Dover, PA school board for a while. Very spooky.

Thanks for the insight, STRIFE 767, but I was questioning WHY he would use that as a quote......YES, using that at the end of your comment makes you a wierdo!

I'm a wierdo because I quote the Bible? You Christians quote the Bible all the time and you aren't wierdos?

This is in the Bible. You don't like it?

What's wrong with it? It's the WORD OF GOD.

I'm a wierdo because I quote the Bible?  You Christians quote the Bible all the time and you aren't wierdos?

This is in the Bible.  You don't like it?

What's wrong with it?  It's the WORD OF GOD.

Why don't you go down to the Passaic River and show us all how you can walk on water. <_< JACKASS!

Why don't you go down to the Passaic River and show us all how you can walk on water. :lol:  JACKASS!

Wow, would you call your Lord and Savior a jackass because he could walk on water?

More proof that Christians are just full of sh** about everything.

OK, so you don't like the scripture I chose. How about this one instead. It's from Leviticus.

Any of the people of Israel, or of the aliens who reside in Israel, who give any of their offspring to Molech shall be put to death; the people of the land shall stone them to death. I myself will set my face against them, and will cut them off from the people, because they have given of their offspring to Molech, defiling my sanctuary and profaning my holy name. And if the people of the land should ever close their eyes to them, when they give of their offspring to Molech, and do not put them to death, I myself will set my face against them and against their family, and will cut them off from among their people, them and all who follow them in prostituting themselves to Molech.

If any turn to mediums and wizards, prostituting themselves to them, I will set my face against them, and will cut them off from the people. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God. Keep my statutes, and observe them; I am the Lord; I sanctify you. All who curse father or mother shall be put to death; having cursed father or mother, their blood is upon them.

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father’s wife has uncovered his father’s nakedness; both of them shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; they have committed perversion; their blood is upon them. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. [Leviticus, chapter 20]

According to this passage, in God's Word, we have to kill half the people in America. We are supposed to kill everyone who has cursed his father or mother, everyone who has committed adultery, and every homosexual.

Now, when I bring this up to Christians, they don't like that one bit, and are quick to remind me that the "New" Convenant replaces many of these laws from God Himself.

So, if this book, this Holy Bible, is the word of God, is it fair to say that God, the almighty king of the universe, changed his mind?

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Arlington Jo

There have been a number of nights that I have wanted to get a nice steak sandwich like Pete's place use to provide. It doesn't exist in Kearny anymore.

I have tried several of these newer either Cuban or Brazilian places and the food is just spicy and the quality of meat is that close to what I would feed my dog. We need to get quality restaurants back into Kearny.

Thanks for the flashback. For a brief moment I could taste Pete's Place again.