Laclair hypocrisy

pbrown64

I find it interesting that in this weeks Observer there is a photograph of Matthew Laclair standing in front of a Christmas tree. The accompanying article stated that Matthew was not a Christian and that this parents have found themselves less involved with the church. Why the tree? Why celebrate Christmas if you are a non believer?

Hypocrisy!

I find it interesting that in this weeks Observer there is a photograph of Matthew Laclair standing in front of a Christmas tree. The accompanying article stated that Matthew was  not a Christian and that this parents have found themselves less involved with the church.  Why the tree? Why celebrate Christmas if you are a non believer?

Hypocrisy!

Hypocrisy? Not really, trees appeared at winter solstice celebrations long before the first Christmas.

And you say Matthew is not a Christian, I would guess it's not his house but his parents' and if they're less involved with a church it sounds like te=hey're still Christian to some extent.

I find it interesting that in this weeks Observer there is a photograph of Matthew Laclair standing in front of a Christmas tree. The accompanying article stated that Matthew was  not a Christian and that this parents have found themselves less involved with the church.  Why the tree? Why celebrate Christmas if you are a non believer?

Hypocrisy!

The christmas tree is yet another example of a pratice stolen from the Pagans. I'm a Wiccan and yet I have a decorated tree in my home, I also don't celebrate christmas I do celebrate Yule December 21 2006 while the majority of my family is christian I celebrate december 25 for them. Christians throughout history have stolen many Pagan holidays aka ritual days. Examples being the Yule log, Yule, Santa Claus, the Christmas tree, decking the halls with boughs of holly is a pagan ritual. The Easter bunny and the Eggs revolve around Paganism. you took all hollows eve a very solemn day in paganism and turned into a day of teaching your kids to be greedy and beg for candy

Hypocrisy!

Did the article actually state where the picture was taken or are you just making a baseless assumption?

Yeah...and if the Christmas tree was actually, you know, named in the Bible, you might have a point.

Excuse me? What were you saying about the bible?

Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not." (KJV).

Guest Patriot
The christmas tree is yet another example of a pratice stolen from the Pagans. I'm a Wiccan and yet I have a decorated tree in my home, I also don't celebrate christmas I do celebrate Yule December 21 2006 while the majority of my family is christian I celebrate december 25 for them. Christians throughout history have stolen many Pagan holidays aka ritual days. Examples being the Yule log, Yule, Santa Claus, the Christmas tree, decking the halls with boughs of holly is a pagan ritual. The Easter bunny and the Eggs revolve around Paganism. you took all hollows eve a very solemn day in paganism and turned into a day of teaching your kids to be greedy and beg for candy

You had a typo in your post. You said you were a "Wiccan" when you meant "wacko".

Hypocrisy?  Not really, trees appeared at winter solstice celebrations long before the first Christmas.

And you say Matthew is not a Christian, I would guess it's not his house but his parents' and if they're less involved with a church it sounds like te=hey're still Christian to some extent.

They are not christians...They can be anything, but christians...in fact, Paul LaClair wrote an article about his "non belief". Ask him, he will be glad to talk about it.

Did the article actually state where the picture was taken or are you just making a baseless assumption?

It doesn't matter where the picture was taken...Matthew offended my family and I, we don't celebrate christmas because we are atheits....I should sue him...lol!

Yeah...and if the Christmas tree was actually, you know, named in the Bible, you might have a point.

It is hypocrisy! Right from the beginning....people just can't see it. You know, he needed to do something different in order to look good on his college application!

They are not christians...They can be anything, but christians...in fact, Paul LaClair wrote an article about his "non belief". Ask him, he will be glad to talk about it.

It said they were LESS involved with a church, it didn't say they were NOT involved.

Who but Christians worship in places titled 'church'?

It doesn't matter where the picture was taken...Matthew offended my family and I, we don't celebrate christmas because we are atheits....I  should sue him...lol!

Iy most certainly does matter if you're going to accuse him of hypocrisy for being in front of a tree, maybe it's not the family's.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

What if Matt were (and possibly may be because I havn't heard HIM say otherwise) a Christain?

Maybe he just didn't care for his teachers particular flavor of Christianity? If you don't like a certain church or pastor you can frely get up and leave which is considerably more complicated when your talking about a high school classroom.

So there is a photo of him standing in front of a tree? So what?

• 5 weeks later...

Hypocrisy!

I would like to apologize to the La Clairs for the above statement. It was and is not my place to call into question the spiritual beliefs or standing of anybody. The only accomplishment of that post was to contribute to the division and hate that has been spewed on this board towards the La Clairs.

Patty Brown

I would like to apologize to the La Clairs for the above statement.  It was and is not my place to call into question the spiritual beliefs or standing of anybody. The only accomplishment of that post was to contribute to the division and hate that has been spewed on this board towards the La Clairs.

Patty Brown

Now that's a Christian --- and a Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, Humanist --- truly one of us all.

If only everyone --- EVERYONE --- would display such humility.

Bravo, Ms. Brown, Bravo!