Town cops on B O E no conflict?

Guest Tell me

Guest Union Member

Barbara Cifelli- Sherry is a political hack who would sell her soul for an office. If ANY of you bother to read the Law in this case, there is a conflict of interest defined by the STATE, not the Kearny BOE. They could only pay her out if the Teachers union voted for the contract that dictated the terms of her separation be reopened. They voted NO, therefore, the BOEs hands are tied. Why don't you people get your facts straight before you open your mouth and remove all doubt that you are idiots. Glad to be done with Kearny, shame it has turned into such a mean spirited and unfriendly place. seems to me it is driven by the very accepting Democrats in the town- Not, my advice- get the hell out now before the town is totally in the trash,

BCS doesn't have to sell her soul, she just wins elections and she wins them big. Barb, you got my vote anytime you run again.

The union NEVER voted on the issue because the board never approached them with the option. I got the sense that there was a lot of positive sentiment for Mrs. Lowry among the rank and file. Too bad we couldn't see it come to a vote, but that was the board majority's decision, not the union.

Guest You are a LIAR
Barbara Cifelli- Sherry is a political hack who would sell her soul for an office. If ANY of you bother to read the Law in this case, there is a conflict of interest defined by the STATE, not the Kearny BOE. They could only pay her out if the Teachers union voted for the contract that dictated the terms of her separation be reopened. They voted NO, therefore, the BOEs hands are tied. Why don't you people get your facts straight before you open your mouth and remove all doubt that you are idiots. Glad to be done with Kearny, shame it has turned into such a mean spirited and unfriendly place. seems to me it is driven by the very accepting Democrats in the town- Not, my advice- get the hell out now before the town is totally in the trash,
That is a total lie! The board never approached the union to settle the Lowry situation. So it seems you need to get your facts straight! And I'm glad you got the hell out so why don't you do us a favor and stay out of issues concerning Kearny!

First of all, Lowry was a member of the administrator's union, not the Teacher's union. Secondly, the legal procedure is for the BOE to approach that union if they (BOE ) wanted to cure the conflict. Third, the BOE NEVER went to the union to ask if they (union) would vote in the matter. The union can NOT vote on something unless asked. It appears the former majority just didn't want to risk having the union vote. Makes you wonder why.

Of course no one approached the administrators union about awarding $250.00 a day retro to July 1st 2012 to high school VP's or a $16,000.00 salary hike to the director of technology either. That's a $70,000.00 expense that falls under negotiations. Why isn't anyone questioning why those recommendations were in the December agenda (superintendent's report) without going through the proper procedure of opening up a labor issue ? Talk about arbitrarily following rules. Sort of like arbitrarily adhering to policy when it fits your purpose, like appointing the new business administrstor - oops - facilities diector - oops - Superintendent. Lawsuits waiting to happen. But don't worry those lawsuits won't affect the former majority's personal pocketbook... Those expenses come out of the BOE's funds.... Oh, right ..... The taxpayers foot the bill. More money taken away from the kids. But you keep defending the former majority's actions if it makes you feel better.

Guest Move on little doggie

This post is filled with so many inaccuracies that it's almost funny. Number one, Debbie Lowry was not a member of the teacher's union. She was an administrator at the time of her retirement and there is a separate bargaining unit for those employees. There was a vote? Really? And when exactly was that vote? And what exactly was the results of that vote? Oh, wait a minute. You had the wrong union to begin with, so why should the rest of your information be correct!

Number two, Barbara Cifelli-Sherry is a political hack? Is that your personal opinion or do you have something to back up that statement? And why would anyone take the word of an annoying little gnat like you anyway?

So glad to hear that you've moved on from Kearny, so perhaps you should write us off and keep your mouth shut with your useless caustic comments. Hope you're happy wherever you are, and I don't really care where you are. And speaking of mean spirited and unfriendly . . . did you read your own piece? Buh bye!

• 2 weeks later...

You're correct also. Served the communities for your own personal gain.

They are all graff taker's in this Town - They are being accussed of being perverted frauds in a real court room, Lets hope they had nothing to do with this arrest of the suspect in the Kearny girls murder ,This way there will be no perverted taint on this case