More wood to the fire.

Guest One side

Guest One side

Canessa wrote an article about It's time for healing.

It's time to move on.

Why is he adding wood to the fire.

A News reporter should bring the news to the community and he should not take sides. It is obvious that The Observer is taking sides on the story about the LaClairs and Paszkiewicz.

Canessa should give the news not twist it.

If you are quoting someone, it should be the person's correct statement.

You do have the CDs.

Don't tell me it's time for healing a keep adding things every week to the news paper and keeping the subject alive.

You are not helping the process.

Canessa wrote an article about It's time for healing.

It's time to move on.

Why is he adding wood to the fire.

A News reporter should bring the news to the community and he should not take sides. It is obvious that The Observer is taking sides on the story about the LaClairs and Paszkiewicz.

Canessa should give the news not twist it.

If you are quoting someone, it should be the person's correct statement.

You do have the CDs.

Don't tell me it's time for healing a keep adding things every week to the news paper and keeping the subject alive.

You are not helping the process.

Kevin is doing a good job of covering the story. The KBE should have taken care of this a month and a half ago. They failed and now they must act or this story will continue on. The world is now watching the KBE and our elected officials. This can no longer be swept under the carpet. Deal with it or this is going to continue to be a topic of discussion into next year.

The Observer has to follow this story. The hits on their website coming off this story where 2000+ a day according to the article in the paper today. I could imagine what the hits were on KOTW. There was a direct link from the online article in the NYT to kearnyontheweb.com

This site has gone national.

KOTW tell us how many hits you got.

Right, Canessa should ignore the fact that Kearny is the laughing stock of America. He should ignore the fact that the story has been all over TV and the radio. He should ignore the fact that the teacher broke the law. That makes alot of sense.

Just because he said its best to move on, doesn't mean he shouldn't report the story when necessary.

Right, Canessa should ignore the fact that Kearny is the laughing stock of America. He should ignore the fact that the story has been all over TV and the radio. He should ignore the fact that the teacher broke the law. That makes alot of sense.

Just because he said its best to move on, doesn't mean he shouldn't report the story when necessary.

When necessary? Give me a break! Canessa is probably having meetings with the LaClairs every day. The next picture in the observer will be of Matthew taking a bath. Imagine the scene...little Matt with his yellow rubber duck saying..."I need to find a date to take to the prom, but I can't because Mr. Paszkiewicz broke the law...." Canessa will probably report that too and will blame Paszkiewicz because little Mathew can't find a date. His opinions change every week and it matches what Paul says...Mr. LaClair is brainwashing Canessa...

ps: I loved the picture of Matthew in front of a christmas tree...

Matthew be careful you might offend your atheist friends....

Guest What Gives ?

:huh: If the LaClairs do not believe in the Catholic or any other religion, then why do they celebrate the birth of Christ? ( Christmas) My guess is that they want to have thier cake and eat it too!!! Well you can't have it both ways either you believe or not. Or is it that they think that this child< and I use the word lightly, is

going to be someone important ? or just another trouble maker in the world.

In my opinion, I think that Mr. LaClair called all of his associates and friends and had them and thier friends send all the comments on this web site.

:huh: If the LaClairs do not believe in the Catholic or any other religion, then why do they celebrate the birth of Christ? ( Christmas) My guess is that they want to have thier cake and eat it too!!! Well you can't have it both ways either you believe  or not. Or is it that they think that this child< and I use the word lightly, is

In my opinion, I think that Mr. LaClair called all of his associates and friends and had them and thier friends send all the comments on this web site.

I have no doubt....He is probably posting most of "guest" comments against Mr. P. hahahahaah! This guys doesn't work!

All sides? Did Mr. P say anything? NO! The LaClairs are the ones making a big deal out of it.

Apparently, Mr. P has said MORE than enough... and to a captive audience of minors instead of doing his job.

And then lied about it. No, he's said all he needs to say; the smartest thing he can do now is shut up--or at most, apologize.

"Report the story when necessary"? So far the only thing Canessa is reporting lately, is when Matt gets a TV or radio appearance. Now that is BIG news! I can't wait for next weeks Observer to see what he can come up with to keep the story alive.

When all else fails, instead of attacking the message attack the messenger. Good work, people.

Everyone has been following this story. Canessa is keeping everyone very well informed about everything.

He called for healing.

It was irresponsible jounalism for him to put a blog poll up, which pitted an adult against a minor. This was obviously not Paszkiewicz's choice but Canessa's.

It was shameful because it caused an entire town to choose sides between an adult and a minor. It was biased against Paszkiewicz because the poll question implied Paszkiewicz wanted to be able to preach in class when in fact what had occured was a religious discussion. When the blog poll did not go Canessa's way (95% in favor of Paszkiewicz) he pulled it down. Therefore "the messanger" proved himself inresponsible and biased. If Matthew is facing any bullying, Canessa may share some of the blame. Matthew was not the only one that wanted attention, Canessa did too. In my opinion they should both send Pasziewicz a thank you note for making them celebrities. ;)

"Report the story when necessary"?  So far the only thing Canessa is reporting lately, is when Matt gets a TV or radio appearance. Now that is BIG news! I can't wait for next weeks Observer to see what he can come up with to keep the story alive.

Yet another brilliant response. A local kid makes national headlines, and the local paper should just ignore it? What planet are you people on?

;) If the LaClairs do not believe in the Catholic or any other religion, then why do they celebrate the birth of Christ? ( Christmas) My guess is that they want to have thier cake and eat it too!!!

You do know that both the time around the end of December, and the 25th itself, were 'holidays' long before Christianity hijacked it (hijack = declare one of their holidays to be on the same day), right? Same with Easter. "The pagans" definitely had dibs. :)

Also, how do you even know they _do_ celebrate around this time of year? Or that they are celebrating the winter solstice instead of the "birth of Christ?" Or that they're just celebrating along with all the Christians just because it's fun?

Well you can't have it both ways either you believe  or not.

No, I'm pretty sure they can celebrate whatever they want for whatever reason they want and you can deal with it.

Or is it that they think that this child< and I use the word lightly, is

The world is in woefully short supply of Matthew LaClairs. We need more people like him--he is no troublemaker.

Silly conspiracy theory. How about the more obvious suggestion that the great exposure things like the NY Times gave the story brought a lot of people in to weigh in on the issue, especially those outside of Kearny? Hell, I _live_ in Kearny and I didn't know anything about this until a quote from _this forum_ made its way onto the Fundies Say the Darndest Things website.

Mr. P is not saying anything cause he spent all his energy preaching to his captive audience of children instead of teaching.

The man is exhausted from all those law breaking.

;) what do you want him to say? or like him to say? and just WHO ARE YOU?! FYI i had a talk with him and he is doing the right thing to say nothing! if he was to say anything it would be to Matt! and hes not going to say anything to hurt him nor would he like anybody to hurt or say anything! unlike you and most posting on this site he thinks this is not a very big problem that some time and understanding would hurt! so if you want to say anything put your name on it and stand up for what YOU THINK IS RIGHT! oh most real kearny folk now know who i am! are you from kearny? yah!!!! :)

When all else fails, instead of attacking the message attack the messenger. Good work, people.

Take a look at Canessa's page this week.

Why did Canessa chose this cartoon to be printed this week.

Could it be because he wants to make it clear which side his taking.

Remember your job is to bring the news to your community, not to take sides.

Poor Journalism!

Maybe you should go back to teaching. Maybe you better at that.

<_< If the LaClairs do not believe in the Catholic or any other religion, then why do they celebrate the birth of Christ? ( Christmas) My guess is that they want to have thier cake and eat it too!!! Well you can't have it both ways either you believe  or not. Or is it that they think that this child< and I use the word lightly, is

Because Christmas actually doesn't have that much to do with the birth of Jesus. Christians coopted it. It's a pagan holiday to celebrate the passing of the winter solstice and the days getting longer again. Jesus wasn't born in december. It was celebrated with a feast or festival.

Is there any mention of Christmas in the bible? Nope.

I'm an atheist. I celebrate Christmas. It's a celebration of family, peace and love.

I can care less about what Canessa thinks. His job is to bring the news and not express his opinion.

Guest William Smith

Do you people even know what the job of an editor is? Editors are where they are because they've succeeded as reporters. And they get to express their opinions. In editorials, in columns, whatever. If you have a problem with this guy, why don't you write to him or call him? I am sure the Observer's number is listed.

Everyone has been following this story. Canessa is keeping everyone very well informed about everything.

He called for healing.

It was irresponsible jounalism for him to put a blog poll up, which pitted an adult against a minor. This was obviously not Paszkiewicz's choice but Canessa's.

It was shameful because it caused an entire town to choose sides between an adult and a minor. It was biased against Paszkiewicz because the poll question implied Paszkiewicz wanted to be able to preach in class when in fact what had occured was a religious discussion. When the blog poll did not go Canessa's way (95% in favor of Paszkiewicz) he pulled it down. Therefore "the messanger" proved himself inresponsible and biased. If Matthew is facing any bullying, Canessa may share some of the blame. Matthew was not the only one that wanted attention, Canessa did too. In my opinion they should both send Pasziewicz a thank you note for making them celebrities. :)

Canessa took it out of the web because most people were supporting Mr. P and Mr. LaClair probably complained about it. What Canessa did was try to make the town go against Mr. P, it just didn't work. So the poll dissapeared!

Do you people even know what the job of an editor is? Editors are where they are because they've succeeded as reporters. And they get to express their opinions. In editorials, in columns, whatever. If you have a problem with this guy, why don't you write to him or call him? I am sure the Observer's number is listed.

Yes...and it not to to express their opinion. We want facts, not opinions. What Canessa thinks is not important, what matters is what is really happening. Imagine everytime you read the NY times you are readin what the editor thinks about an issue and not what is really going on?