An important question to Paul LeClair

Guest Mary

Dear Paul LeClair,

I have been following these theads as closely as possible from the beginning, but now there are so many, I don't have enough time in the day to read them all. Most recently there are quite a few statements that Mr. "P" has literaly told a Muslim student to her face that she was going to hell. When this story broke there wasn't any mention of this horrible act. Would you kindly clear up any misconceptions people may have concerning this matter before any further lies may spread, if they are lies.

Thank you,

Mary

Dear Paul LeClair,

I have been following these theads as closely as possible from the beginning, but now there are so many, I don't have enough time in the day to read them all. Most recently there are quite a few statements that Mr. "P" has literaly told a Muslim student to her face that she was going to hell. When this story broke there wasn't any mention of this horrible act. Would you kindly clear up any misconceptions people may have concerning this matter before any further lies may spread, if they are lies.

Thank you,

Mary

She was not told that to her face. She was spoken of in class in that way, but not to her face, as she is not in that class.

She was not told that to her face. She was spoken of in class in that way, but not to her face, as she is not in that class.

I believe you have not listened to the records. When one student mentioned this muslim girl' name...what Paszkiewicz clearly said was, let's leave individuals out of the conversation....Please listen to the records before making a comment here. Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about.

This was a question to Paul, only he can answer this one if things need to be cleared up.

Paul can't asnwer anything because he wasn't in the classroom. Listen to the recorded cds online, it is right in the beginning(of one of the records, I am not sure which date), you will find the answer that you need. Paul LaClair will try to convince you that the teacher did in fact mention that girl's name, but he didn't! Check out for yourself, it is better than ask Paul LaClair. He knows as much as we all do, he just thinks he knows better because his son was in the classroom. My daughter was there too and her story is completly different from the one Matthew is talking about. In fact, challenge Mr. LaClair to prove that the teacher lied during the meeting with the administrators and the teacher. He can't prove it or for some reason he has not allowed people to listen to it. I wonder why, don't you? There is something wrong with this story. People just don't see it.

Paul can't asnwer anything because he wasn't in the classroom. Listen to the recorded cds online, it is right in the beginning(of one of the records, I am not sure which date), you will find the answer that you need. Paul LaClair will try to convince you that the teacher did in fact mention that girl's name, but he didn't! Check out for yourself, it is better than ask Paul LaClair. He knows as much as we all do, he just thinks he knows better because his son was in the classroom. My daughter was there too and her story is completly different from the one Matthew is talking about. In fact, challenge Mr. LaClair to prove that the teacher lied during the meeting with the administrators and the teacher. He can't prove it or for some reason he has not allowed people to listen to it. I wonder why, don't you? There is something wrong with this story. People just don't see it.

Then don't you think Paul should clear this up? Afterall, it was he that told the NY Times that the teacher said that.

The NY Times made the claim when they interviewed the LeClairs. If the Times misunderstood the LeClairs,and printed such a thing,then the Times isn't so respectable as people may think.

I have yet to see any journalist covering this story address it with integrity and even-handedness. All - from The Observer to the NY Times - have gone tabloid with it.

I believe you have not listened to the records. When one student mentioned this muslim girl' name...what Paszkiewicz clearly said was, let's leave individuals out of the conversation....Please listen to the records before making a comment here. Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have heard the recording. It is very clear. Paszkiewicz said let's leave individuals out of it when a student challenged him AFTER he acknowleded his belief that this girl is going to hell. What a hypocrite.

The NY Times made the claim when they interviewed the LeClairs. If the Times misunderstood the LeClairs,and printed such a thing,then the Times isn't so respectable as people may think.

The New York Times confirmed the story by listening to the recordings.

Guest BushBacker

The NY Times is a left-wing rag. Anything "conservative" is either omitted or buried on page 35. People are starting to recognize this fact, their circulation is way down and many jobs have been cut.

The NY Times is a left-wing rag. Anything "conservative" is either omitted or buried on page 35.  People are starting to recognize this fact, their circulation is way down and many jobs have been cut.

*laughs* This is hilarious.

Hey, "BushBacker:" the recordings are publicly available. You apologists for that bigot have no way out. The sooner you face that reality, the sooner you'll stop being a laughingstock, at least in this circumstance.

Guest A. V. Blom
The NY Times is a left-wing rag. Anything "conservative" is either omitted or buried on page 35.

That's because reality, as Colbert once put it, has a significant liberal bias...perhaps that's the reason the neocons are in denial.

People are starting to recognize this fact, their circulation is way down and many jobs have been cut.

And of course, here we have the idea that correlation must equal causation...if this is true at all. Given your previous distortions, forgive me if I take it with a grain of salt.

Where is Paul LaClair to answer the question about the Muslim girl? I am curious about what he has to say....

I was on vacation. The Muslim girl was not in the classroom, isn't in that class. Another student spoke of her, along the lines of what a nice person she is, how could she go to hell? In a pitying tone, Paszkiewicz expressed his affection for her, but said if you ask him, well, you know. My son Matthew tried to challenge that, and at this point Paszkiewicz said let's not discuss an individual, having just told the class that she will go to hell if she does not convert! He must he have known it was wrong, because he later claimed he stopped the discussion about her immediately, which he did not. He only stopped it after he told the class his opinion about her personal fate. What a hypocrite, and what blistering irresponsibility.

Dear Paul LeClair,

Thank you,

Mary

Paul- Did Mr. P tell a Muslim student, to her face, that she was going to hell? -Mary

Paul- Did Mr. P tell a Muslim student, to her face, that she was going to hell? -Mary

I don't know. Ask him. I can only tell you what I know from the recordings and from Matthew. What the New York Times reported was not said in the presence of the Muslim student in question. There is a post from Nicole Romaniak who states that he told her in a previous year that she was going to hell.

I don't know. Ask him. I can only tell you what I know from the recordings and from Matthew. What the New York Times reported was not said in the presence of the Muslim student in question. There is a post from Nicole Romaniak who states that he told her in a previous year that she was going to hell.

Can Nicole prove it? Or you just told her to say it? I don't trust you or your son. What the New York TImes reported was in your presence...you can see your son's wonderful face in the picture. When we say something Mr. LaClair, you have to prove it...it was not just the NYTimes, other papers mentioned the samething...Smart people who are honest, can clearly tell from the recordings that Mr. P did not mention anyone by name, someone else did, if I am not mistaken, your son mentioned her name. Why? I don't know ask him....Mr P said that he wanted to leave individuals out of the conversation...YOU KNOW THAT! You just don't say anything because it sounds good in the news. It helps your Matthew look like an hero..Well, Paul he is not, he is just a 16 year old used by his father..People from your son's age can't stand being around him...Why is it like that? Because of you...

Can Nicole prove it? Or you just told her to say it? I don't trust you or your son. What the New York TImes reported was in your presence...you can see your son's wonderful face in the picture. When we say something Mr. LaClair, you have to prove it...it was not just the NYTimes, other papers mentioned the samething...Smart people who are honest, can clearly tell from the recordings that Mr. P did not mention anyone by name, someone else did, if I am not mistaken, your son mentioned her name. Why? I don't know ask him....Mr P said that he wanted to leave individuals out of the conversation...YOU KNOW THAT! You just don't say anything because it sounds good in the news. It helps your Matthew look like an hero..Well, Paul he is not, he is just a 16 year old used by his father..People from your son's age can't stand being around him...Why is it like that? Because of you...

Obviously you'll never be convinced of anything that doesn't defend this teacher. The fact is, Paszkiewicz picked up the discussion regarding this young student, stated his opinion in a pitying tone, and then when he was challenged AFTER he had expressed his own opinion, he said let's not discuss a student by name. The proper time to do that was before and instead of offering his opinion that she will spend eternity in hell, in a public school classroom where he is the teacher. But no, he had to get in his opinion first. What a hypocrite, and what abysmal judgment!

Can Nicole prove it? Or you just told her to say it? I don't trust you or your son. What the New York TImes reported was in your presence...you can see your son's wonderful face in the picture. When we say something Mr. LaClair, you have to prove it...

Unless there's another New York Times article that I'm unaware of, the only thing the NYT said about this specific subject is this:

"While science teachers, particularly in the Bible Belt, have been known to refuse to teach evolution, the controversy here, 10 miles west of Manhattan, hinges on assertions Mr. Paszkiewicz made in class, including how a specific Muslim girl would go to hell."

No where does it say that this was said to her face or in her presence. Nor have the LaClairs claimed such. In fact, Paul has plainly stated that she wasn't there. If you're going to demand that someone back up a claim, it would be sensible to limit the demand to a claim that was actually made.

That someone misread or misremembered this and distorted it, does not mean that the LaClairs or the NYT lied. The error was in the retelling, not the telling.

it was not just the NYTimes, other papers mentioned the samething...

Did they claim that this was said to the student's face, or did they say basically the same thing that the LaClairs, the NYT, and the recording itself indicated?

Smart people who are honest, can clearly tell from the recordings that Mr. P did not mention anyone by name, someone else did, if I am not mistaken, your son mentioned her name.

Does that somehow change the fact that he was referring to a specific student?

Why? I don't know ask him....Mr P said that he wanted to leave individuals out of the conversation...YOU KNOW THAT! You just don't say anything because it sounds good in the news.

Yes, he said that after the fact. That's the reality that is revealed by the recording. And that reality doesn't actually sound so good in the news, does it?

It helps your Matthew look like an hero..Well, Paul he is not, he is just a 16 year old used by his father..People from your son's age can't stand being around him...Why is it like that? Because of you...

No, it is because of rampant religious bigotry, taught to these kids by their parents, teachers, preachers, peers, you, etc.

Obviously you'll never be convinced of anything that doesn't defend this teacher.

C'mon, Paul. As a lawyer you'd know that secondhand sourcing is automatically suspect as well as that from close family members.

Her suspicions are reasonable even if they are incorrect--you don't know if she'd never be convinced of anything unless you're a mind reader.

You're not a mind reader, are you?

o.o! Nicole Romaniak? Holy shit, it must be her! I remember her--we were in the same graduating class, iirc. XD It was just a few months ago that we ran into each other at my job. Her post was quite revealing as to the...persistance of that teacher's religious rantings, once I tracked it (the post) down. Wow...now I wish I had Nicki/y's email address so I could talk to her more about it. The issue could use another Kearnian ally.

Obviously you'll never be convinced of anything that doesn't defend this teacher. The fact is, Paszkiewicz picked up the discussion regarding this young student, stated his opinion in a pitying tone, and then when he was challenged AFTER he had expressed his own opinion, he said let's not discuss a student by name. The proper time to do that was before and instead of offering his opinion that she will spend eternity in hell, in a public school classroom where he is the teacher. But no, he had to get in his opinion first. What a hypocrite, and what abysmal judgment!

I think you are the hypocrite! Stop acting like you know the truth, you don't. People from Matthew's class don't say the same things your son says...By the way, you are right, I will never be convinced of anything that doesn't defend tthis teacher. In my opinion he didn't do anything wrong...If you are "so" right, why do you spend so much time trying to prove that you are right?