Petition to have Paszkiewicz fired

Guest Michael from Texas

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest A. V. Blom
Thanks, it's nice to visit the forum and see that Texas doesn't have the monopoly on bigots, intolerants, and religious fundamentalists.

Yes, not only did some parts of Texas ban cleavage, they also passed laws banning "suggestive" moves by cheerleaders.

Now I don't know about you, but I don't want some panel of religious zealots staring at my daughter's cheerleading squad trying to determine what is suggestive.

Let those closet gays and pedophiles keep their eyes on their computer screens rather than on my daughter.

Things are great in Waco, thanks.  The economy is booming, the Branch Davidian church to which you probably are referring is alive and well and active again, without their pedophile cult leader David Koresh.

You see, religion is not a bad thing.  When the fundamentalists, like your teacher and school board, take over, things go bad.  The Branch Davidian church had no problem with the government, nor the government with them. When David Koresh started sleeping with the daughters of the flock and stockpiling guns, the government had a problem.

So, enjoy your Christmas, and try to survive another year without your Jesus returning.

:rolleyes: For shame, indeed! What's cheerleading without suggestive movements?

Guest A. V. Blom
Indeed, I think people who make claims like "immigrants are bringing the country down" believe that magical elves bring produce into the market late at night while we sleep, that California avocados or Florida oranges on the shelves are not the product of a lot of human sweat and effort.  Maybe the farmers should pay American born laborers what those jobs are worth and price us all out of the ability to afford fresh food.  Or we could buy everything from Brazil and Mexico and leave American farms out of it entirely.

You seem to have a better grasp of economics than most people...quite heartening. I'd recommend a book by another Tim...Tim Harford's "The Undercover Economist," to be precise. Ricardo's law of comparative advantage has long ago shown that things are actually more beneficial this way.

Nobody needs any sarcasm...please keep your comments to yourself if you dont live in kearny because you're not accomplishing anything.

as for Mr. Mike from Texas, stop what ever it is your trying to do..you're wasting precious time that you have and you can be out trying to improve your community in which you live in. Get a life.

Nobody needs any sarcasm...please keep your comments to yourself if you dont live in kearny because you're not accomplishing anything.

as for Mr. Mike from Texas, stop what ever it is your trying to do..you're wasting precious time that you have and you can be out trying to improve your community in which you live in.  Get a life.

How hypocritical. You have no problem whining at someone because you don't agree with what they're doing, but God forbid (sarcasm intended :lol:) that someone ever tell you your prayers, or your worship, or your faith are/is "wasting precious time that you [could be using to] improve your community," and you would explode with fundie rage and whine about how 'persecuted' you are. What happened to "do unto others," huh?

How hypocritical. You have no problem whining at someone because you don't agree with what they're doing, but God forbid (sarcasm intended :D) that someone ever tell you your prayers, or your worship, or your faith are/is "wasting precious time that you [could be using to] improve your community," and you would explode with fundie rage and whine about how 'persecuted' you are. What happened to "do unto others," huh?

Wow Strife, you are paranoid. Is EVERYONE around you a fundie?

Let us all not forget one thing here.

The teacher was posed a question, in which he asked the class if anyone objects to his view on, no one objected including Matt LaClair, who posed the question and than started recording. The rest is history.

So, if the teacher asked if anyone objected to having a beer in class and nobody did you'd be OK with that? A teacher who relies on his students to decide what is appropriate in class is clearly not qualified to teach.

So, if the teacher asked if anyone objected to having a beer in class and nobody did you'd be OK with that?  A teacher who relies on his students to decide what is appropriate in class is clearly not qualified to teach.

In addition to the fact that the Supreme Court has already declared the concept of "consent" irrelevant when minor children are facing a teacher in authority over them.

I wonder if some other fundie nutjob will start asking the cheerleaders "Do you mind if I start stroking your leg? I just control your grade point average, but no worries... Any objections, anyone? Anyone at all?"

So, if the teacher asked if anyone objected to having a beer in class and nobody did you'd be OK with that?  A teacher who relies on his students to decide what is appropriate in class is clearly not qualified to teach.

Hey, there's another huge segment of teachers we can fire. I've run across quite a few teachers who ask for student input in what to teach.

Here's the relevant thing about student questions: If the student's question may be objectively answered without directly proselytizing (something other than "Why should I join your church, Mr. Paszkiewicz?" for example).

Paszkiewicz erred in one area, from what I've seen, and that's in declaring that a creative being needs to be (unequivocally) intelligent.

His discussions of Christian doctrine, however, were relevant to the point of comparing two cosmological models (addressing the nature of religious faith by example, and explaining the primary Christian response to the problem of evil in response to a student's question).

In the worst case (intelligent v. unintelligent generation of the cosmos), there is no particular religion in play.

In the other case, Paszkiewicz is indeed talking about history.

This is also where Matthew LaClair is at fault to a degree. He is disingenuous to complain about an infringement on his rights when the defense of his rights (those rights as LaClair perceives them) would require the teacher not to answer a question that LaClair asked.

In such an instance, LaClair seems less than zealous of protecting his own right not to hear about Christian doctrine in class. On the contrary.

That said, there's still no good reason to threaten or ostracize him.

In addition to the fact that the Supreme Court has already declared the concept of "consent" irrelevant when minor children are facing a teacher in authority over them.

The sad thing is as a society we seem to be losing any semblance of common sense. It seems that without legal counsel we can't understand that prisoners shouldn't run the jails, inmates ahouldn't run the asylums, and students shouldn't run the classrooms.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
How hypocritical. You have no problem whining at someone because you don't agree with what they're doing, but God forbid (sarcasm intended :P) that someone ever tell you your prayers, or your worship, or your faith are/is "wasting precious time that you [could be using to] improve your community," and you would explode with fundie rage and whine about how 'persecuted' you are. What happened to "do unto others," huh?

Relgious Persecution is like a sword in that it can cut both ways.