Petition to have Paszkiewicz fired

Guest Michael from Texas

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth are you talking about? When has Paul demanded that anyone think the way he does? How is posting on a public forum "exactly the same thing" as misusing your position as a teacher--a representative of government--to brainwash captive schoolchildren with your pet superstitions?

Paul doesn't seem particularly angry to me, but then again, not all anger is unjustified. Anger in the face of injustice is particularly valuable, for example.

When people have nothing better to say, they attack others. When they're getting their behinds kicked, they project their anger.

The teacher deserves every bit of controversy he gets from his blatant contempt for the Establishment Clause. He brought it upon himself. I'm glad it was made into a "mountain." It serves him right to see what happens when he starts telling public school students, children he is supposed to be teaching history too, that they belong in hell.

Paszkiewicz said his mission was to spread his religion to all men. Well, it has been spread to the world, and the world has spoken. He's no innocent here.

What law did the teacher break, please?

Be as specific as you are able.

Ever heard of this little thingy called the First Amendment? It's only part of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Or does mere secular law not applicable to christofundies since they will only answer to the "laws of god?"

Guest Lifelong Kearny Resident
We have the address of the kearny school board, let's start an email/web petition to have this teacher fired and his credentials revoked.

Mike, Nice to have you visit our forum. Isn't Texas the state banned cleavage in public schools. How heartless can you people be? A woman's cleavage is one of the things that keeps a young man going and functioning through high school. - you should be helping solve that "serious" problem and not worry about trying to get a good man fired. Let the Kearny School system deal with their problem... you woory about dealing with your own problems ... How are things in Waco?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

What law did the teacher break, please?

Be as specific as you are able.

Obviously, any statement that Mr. Paskiewicz or any administrator "broke the law" is just opinion and speculation, because that's up to a court, and no one has even filed a lawsuit as yet. Many posters have raised the possibility of violations of the Establishment clause of the First Amendment. I posted some background on this aspect at post #27 and post #32 in the "feeding frenzy" topic (not my title!). They show as "guest" because I forgot to sign in. I'm sure there are other pieces of related information elsewhere in the topics on this blog that might be found easily using the "outline" view.

Tp Psychologist,

Pardon me, but the categories you have constructed of "LeClair" supporters and "teachers" supporters are neither logical nor accurate. You've assumed that the posts in favor of a disciplinary process for teachers who abuse their authority in the classroom are not written by colleagues and co educators. Please be aware that many of us are educators within and outside of Kearny and we know exactly what is at stake here.

Secondly, if you want to argue the "minor" angle, I doubt any reasonable judicial entity would look kindly upon an adult using the classroom to preach a divisive point of view. The imbalance of power within a classroom cannot be overstated-and its one that usually works in favor of the instructor. It seems as if the administration of Kearny High does not have a reputation for being highly responsive to students of Mr. P.

Thirdly, if LeClair and the Muslim female student who were obvious targets of this teacher's abuse of power, what makes you think that their peers are not affected  by this hate speech? The environment of the classroom, the covenant of trust, discourse and acceptance has already been violated by the teacher when he trangressed the responsibilities of his job.To put it another way, if a teacher/professor/authority figure discriminates against my peer and/or friend, I have been some way been forced to witness the act of abuse. In this case, that would be approximately twenty minors in the direct act?

Thanks to the interactors O and Paul-very articulate and edifying posts.

What are you talking about?? :D

This is certainly not a correct reply to what the Psychologist wrote. Another poster that reads to INTO the post and draws their own view instead of what is written.

Guest Idiot Strife
Idiot. The teacher didn't make a "mistake." He knew damned well what he was doing, continued to do it for years beforehand, _and_ he knew it was wrong, which is why he denied making the statements to his superiors right up until the point Matthew whipped out his trusty CDs with the hard evidence on them.

Face it. He was nailed by the truth. Hard. And he deserved it. He got caught, and he won't even apologize or anything. Firing is too good for him.

I see you are new. And doing just what most others are doing. When someone comments and you don't agree start name calling and bashing people.

Then give your opinion and try to force everyone to accept that your opinion is the RIGHT opinion.

Convicted killers make "mistakes" and sometimes even they get just a slap on the wrists. Hopefully one of them will make a mistake with you! Than we'll have some space on this site that you have taken control over.

Merry Christmas my neighbor, it's great to have you in town. IDIOT :D

Guest Too much
Not when it's wholly deserved. Abusing one's position as a teacher to proselytize in public school (in history class no less), condemning students to hell, undermining the entire science curriculum, and then getting caught lying about it.

Firing is too good for him. How exactly can anyone justify these reprehensible actions by that teacher?

Let us all not forget one thing here.

The teacher was posed a question, in which he asked the class if anyone objects to his view on, no one objected including Matt LaClair, who posed the question and than started recording. The rest is history.

Guest Michael from Texas
Mike, Nice to have you visit our forum. Isn't Texas the state banned cleavage in public schools. How heartless can you people be? A woman's cleavage is one of the things that keeps a young man going and functioning through high school. - you should be helping solve that "serious" problem and not worry about trying to get a good man fired. Let the Kearny School system deal with their problem... you woory about dealing with your own problems ... How are things in Waco?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

Thanks, it's nice to visit the forum and see that Texas doesn't have the monopoly on bigots, intolerants, and religious fundamentalists.

Yes, not only did some parts of Texas ban cleavage, they also passed laws banning "suggestive" moves by cheerleaders.

Now I don't know about you, but I don't want some panel of religious zealots staring at my daughter's cheerleading squad trying to determine what is suggestive.

Let those closet gays and pedophiles keep their eyes on their computer screens rather than on my daughter.

Things are great in Waco, thanks. The economy is booming, the Branch Davidian church to which you probably are referring is alive and well and active again, without their pedophile cult leader David Koresh.

You see, religion is not a bad thing. When the fundamentalists, like your teacher and school board, take over, things go bad. The Branch Davidian church had no problem with the government, nor the government with them. When David Koresh started sleeping with the daughters of the flock and stockpiling guns, the government had a problem.

So, enjoy your Christmas, and try to survive another year without your Jesus returning.

The teacher was posed a question, in which he asked the class if anyone objects to his view on, no one objected including Matt LaClair, who posed the question and than started recording. The rest is history.

I think Matt leaves this out when he is ranting on other forums.

Obviously, any statement that Mr. Paskiewicz or any administrator "broke the law" is just opinion and speculation, because that's up to a court,

Uh, no. Not only does a legal precedent for this already exist, but in this case, it is _very_ obvious that a law was broken. If someone shot someone else, would it be "just opinion and speculation" whether he/she broke a law before he goes to court?

and no one has even filed a lawsuit as yet.

Completely irrelevant. You can sue someone without any law having been broken. Also, when you sue someone, you do not have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" like in a criminal case. A lawsuit is not even close to the same as a criminal case. Educate yourself.

I see you are new.

To this specific forum, yes. To Kearny, hell no. :) What point are you trying to make? Condescending already?

And doing just what most others are doing.

Actually, ever since I've heard about this case, it seems very much that "most others" are actually supporting the teacher.

When someone comments and you don't agree start name calling and bashing people.

I call as I see, and someone trying to defend their precious fellow bigot by referring to him declaring certain people belong in hell in a history class is an innocent little "mistake," is full of shit, quite frankly. I have no sympathy for his apologists, and for good reason, considering the outrageous circumstances (he was caught in the act, lied to his bosses, and people are still defending his actions!).

I'm so very sorry if I don't have as much "tact" as you'd like when dealing with such under-handed statements coming from people who spew garbage like that and think no one's going to notice. I noticed. I'm not fooled. Deal with it.

Then give your opinion and try to force everyone to accept that your opinion is the RIGHT opinion.

He abused his teaching position in a public, state-funded school to proselytize. Fact, not opinion.

He broke the law. Fact, not opinion.

He lied blatantly to his bosses about his crime. Fact, not opinion.

He hasn't made any attempt at apology and shows zero remorse for his actions. Fact, not opinion.

I want people to accept the FACTS. His apologists do not accept the facts. They spew the persecution complex and "freedom of speech" nonsense around and act like the teacher was the one wronged just because Matthew took steps to catch him in the act!

Convicted killers make "mistakes" and sometimes even they get just a slap on the wrists.

What's your point?

Hopefully one of them will make a mistake with you! Than we'll have some space on this site that you have taken control over.

Wow, what a non-sequitur. Just what are you attempting to say here?

Merry Christmas my neighbor, it's great to have you in town. IDIOT :huh:

Seems like someone was projecting about the whole "name calling when someone disagrees with you" thing. Now, I corrected your false statements about me, and laid out exactly why I said what I said. Can you do the same?

You know what you shouldn't forget? The fact that there is legal precedent (someone remind me exactly which case it was--it was mentioned on this forum already, but it slipped my mind) to the fact that the students' consent does not matter. It is still quite illegal, because of the teacher's position of power among other things.

Guest A. V. Blom
I see you are new. And doing just what most others are doing. When someone comments and you don't agree start name calling and bashing people.

Convicted killers make "mistakes" and sometimes even they get just a slap on the wrists. Hopefully one of them will make a mistake with you! Than we'll have some space on this site that you have taken control over.

Merry Christmas my neighbor, it's great to have you in town. IDIOT :huh:

Yeah...that's a good boy. Don't attempt to argue any actual points, instead just wish for him to get murdered, and put it up next to a shiny fallacy.

Insulting though Strife might have been, he actually DID give an argument...of course, you ignored it in favor of adressing a well-deserved insult.

Guest A. V. Blom

And of course, this has NOTHING at all to do with a teacher being in a position of power over the students, right? :huh:

Even if it DID happen the way you claim (I sincerely doubt it, as the recording started BEFORE that IIRC), the teacher still has no excuse. He has broken the law, knowing so full well...the one thing you can not argue is that a teacher has no control over his classroom.

False. The recording was on the whole time, else how would you know what Matthew did?

Irrelevant that the teacher asked whether it was bothering anyone. See Engel v. Vitale, (US Supreme Court, 1962). Because the teacher is in a position of authority, the students cannot fairly be asked whether they object.

I'm quite familiar with the term. It is the 'bringing down the whole country' part I disagree with. While I realize it is breaking the law, it is a stretch to claim these immigrants will doom the country. I reiterate, their being illegal does not preclude them being an economic asset.

Indeed, I think people who make claims like "immigrants are bringing the country down" believe that magical elves bring produce into the market late at night while we sleep, that California avocados or Florida oranges on the shelves are not the product of a lot of human sweat and effort. Maybe the farmers should pay American born laborers what those jobs are worth and price us all out of the ability to afford fresh food. Or we could buy everything from Brazil and Mexico and leave American farms out of it entirely.