Interim Superintendent Recommends Illegal Salary Increase

Guest Disappointed on Devon

Professional teachers love their job and do not spend their time and energy trying to get even with the board or administration. They go into their classroms and do what they do TEACH. If individuals are not willing to give their all to teaching then perhaps it is not the right profession for them.

I'm hoping you aren't really a teacher - us should be we - then should be than - politics has should be politics have or the political system has. I have to rush off to school now, or I'd continue to correct your grammar. Please, confess, you aren't really teaching anyone, are you?

So your response is to nitpick grammar used on an ON-LINE FORUM and not address the issue of unethical behavior by the Interim Superintendent?

So your response is to nitpick grammar used on an ON-LINE FORUM and not address the issue of unethical behavior by the Interim Superintendent?

No, it isn't. However, when the poster calls himself/herself a teacher, I expect that person to use appropriate and correct grammar when posting to a public forum. By not using the English language correctly, the "teacher" loses some credibility.

I have been watching this thread for a while and am interested to see when and how it will be resolved. Perhaps the new board members will look into whether or not there has been some impropriety.

No, it isn't. However, when the poster calls himself/herself a teacher, I expect that person to use appropriate and correct grammar when posting to a public forum. By not using the English language correctly, the "teacher" loses some credibility.

I have been watching this thread for a while and am interested to see when and how it will be resolved. Perhaps the new board members will look into whether or not there has been some impropriety.

In a world of Twitter, texting and blogs, the Queen's English is no longer followed. Save it for your longhand class prep.

In a world of Twitter, texting and blogs, the Queen's English is no longer followed. Save it for your longhand class prep.

Twitter, texting, blogging shorthand is one thing, but the poster that I corrected wasn't using shorthand, the poster was using incorrect grammar. There is a difference. :o

Twitter, texting, blogging shorthand is one thing, but the poster that I corrected wasn't using shorthand, the poster was using incorrect grammar. There is a difference. :o

Lady, you're on an Internet forum in the year 2012, there are no grammar rules here!

Do you have a meaningful comment on the doubling of the Interim Superintendent's (now) wife's salary or are you just a nitpicker?

Lady, you're on an Internet forum in the year 2012, there are no grammar rules here!

Do you have a meaningful comment on the doubling of the Interim Superintendent's (now) wife's salary or are you just a nitpicker?

One last time - I commented because the poster was claiming to be a teacher and making comments that do not reflect the majority of the teachers I work with.

This is exactly why us teachers will do nothing more than the basics to get by in class..Why should we strive to do better.Half of the staff is getting favors for no reason..just because they know someone or have relations with the board members...The Super has to go and his girl friend also..All this is a slap in the face to every teacher in the school and we all know whats going on..So don't expect us to do anymore then required. The politics has ruined our attitude about teaching here in Kearny VOTE OUT THE PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS NOW ...

I was trying to point out to anyone else reading these posts that this person is most certainly not a teacher and has no business making comments in the name of Kearny teachers. If you'll go back through the posts this person has never tried to convince me of anything different - just annoyed that I pointed out his or her ignorance of the written English language.

And I have said that while I don't know where this story about the possible impropriety by the interim Superintendent is going, I have been watching and am interested in seeing where it will end.

Guest Huh????

One last time - I commented because the poster was claiming to be a teacher and making comments that do not reflect the majority of the teachers I work with.

This is exactly why us teachers will do nothing more than the basics to get by in class..Why should we strive to do better.Half of the staff is getting favors for no reason..just because they know someone or have relations with the board members...The Super has to go and his girl friend also..All this is a slap in the face to every teacher in the school and we all know whats going on..So don't expect us to do anymore then required. The politics has ruined our attitude about teaching here in Kearny VOTE OUT THE PRESENT BOARD MEMBERS NOW ...

I was trying to point out to anyone else reading these posts that this person is most certainly not a teacher and has no business making comments in the name of Kearny teachers. If you'll go back through the posts this person has never tried to convince me of anything different - just annoyed that I pointed out his or her ignorance of the written English language.

And I have said that while I don't know where this story about the possible impropriety by the interim Superintendent is going, I have been watching and am interested in seeing where it will end.

I stand corrected. You're not a nitpicker. Instead, you're a basher who attacks a poster while taking a pass on the issue itself with a grammatically perfect copout about "watching" and "seeing".

Is he going to fight the Lowry election so that the "Fab Five" will extend his stay in the Kearny district?

I heard that is already a done deal - Lowry is out and they are looking to see who is next in line for the position. He doesn't want to stay on in Kearny - he has stated on more than one occasion that he is done with Kearny and is counting the days until a permanent super can be found. I don't think he ever expected to be here this long.

Guest Big Wee Wee

I stand corrected. You're not a nitpicker. Instead, you're a basher who attacks a poster while taking a pass on the issue itself with a grammatically perfect copout about "watching" and "seeing".

And you're an idiot.

Guest More Curious

Lowry "already a done deal???" REALLY! And whom are you quoting? Hmm. Interesting.

I heard that is already a done deal - Lowry is out and they are looking to see who is next in line for the position. He doesn't want to stay on in Kearny - he has stated on more than one occasion that he is done with Kearny and is counting the days until a permanent super can be found. I don't think he ever expected to be here this long.

Edited by KOTW
Empty post

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Don't get it

And yet Bolandi continues working for the district, extended again. It's all going according to his plan.