Question for the webmaster

Guest Farenheit 451

Guest Farenheit 451

Webmaster, where is my topic entitled "Your tax dollars at work" that was posted on September 18th? Are we into censorship now? I did not state any names (unlike many posts on this discussion board), did not "out" anybody, but left identities "blind" and up to the reader to decipher. Everything in the post was TRUE, not rumor or innuendo. So I want to know what topics YOU get TO decide are eligible for print and which are not. If indeed your intent is to probe local topics and inspire discussion about town-related topics, WHY ISN'T MY POST ON HERE FOR EVERYONE'S SCRUTINY & NOT JUST YOURS?

A related question: why are some comments posted immediately and others (and I am not referring to the personal attack diatribes, which must be edited or rejected) not posted for days and days?

Some posts are held for further review. Those posts may be edited and released at a later date. Some are deleted or archived never to be released to the public. If a moderator is reviewing posts and you happen to just post you may feel like your post was put up immediately and it was but only because you lucked out. Timing is everything.

As soon as more posters start clicking and purchasing items from our advertisers, KOTW can hire more moderators so their are fewer delays in posts.

KOTW

Guest Mr Wosniak

Some posts are held for further review. Those posts may be edited and released at a later date. Some are deleted or archived never to be released to the public. If a moderator is reviewing posts and you happen to just post you may feel like your post was put up immediately and it was but only because you lucked out. Timing is everything.

As soon as more posters start clicking and purchasing items from our advertisers, KOTW can hire more moderators so their are fewer delays in posts.

KOTW

Hey is this Big Mac from Harrison? Wow pay to post?

Guest Farenheit 451

KOTW

Webmaster - I see you had no problem posting a highly edited rant which was obviously accusing the KBOE's former director of curriculum, who also just happens to be a BOE school board candidate, of something scurrilous and negative. Yet in your somewhat questionable opinion my posting was, what? Too scandalous? Too informative? Whatever your reasoning, my posting has never appeared and I suppose it never will. Again, I question exactly how your censorship rules work, especially when my posting names NO names and is actually factual. You have no way of knowing whether the posting about Ms. Lowry is even remotely based on fact, yet there it is, for everyone to see & to try to decipher exactly what your asterisks are hiding. In my opinion, I consider your "pick and choose" decisions to be biased, especially since this is supposed to be a PUBLIC forum.

Webmaster - I see you had no problem posting a highly edited rant which was obviously accusing the KBOE's former director of curriculum, who also just happens to be a BOE school board candidate, of something scurrilous and negative. Yet in your somewhat questionable opinion my posting was, what? Too scandalous? Too informative? Whatever your reasoning, my posting has never appeared and I suppose it never will. Again, I question exactly how your censorship rules work, especially when my posting names NO names and is actually factual. You have no way of knowing whether the posting about Ms. Lowry is even remotely based on fact, yet there it is, for everyone to see & to try to decipher exactly what your asterisks are hiding. In my opinion, I consider your "pick and choose" decisions to be biased, especially since this is supposed to be a PUBLIC forum.

it's a privately Owned forum..you are a guest. KOTW has the right to post ot not post whichever posts he or she chooses to..or not to. Dont like it?? go post on another forum.

Guest Farenheit 451

it's a privately Owned forum..you are a guest. KOTW has the right to post ot not post whichever posts he or she chooses to..or not to. Dont like it?? go post on another forum.

Well, I didn't realize the forum was privately "owned". And I still find it hard to understand what the guidelines are for approval or disapproval. I don't think I was over the line with my questions, but I thank you for the explanation. One other thing. If you're not the webmaster - who could maybe take issue with my questions - what's with the attitude???

Well, I didn't realize the forum was privately "owned". And I still find it hard to understand what the guidelines are for approval or disapproval. I don't think I was over the line with my questions, but I thank you for the explanation. One other thing. If you're not the webmaster - who could maybe take issue with my questions - what's with the attitude???

Because people post the same complaints over and over....through IIRC about 3 owners of the site now. Previous owners of this forum have been sued over things posted here, Owners of some other sites have been sued because of things posted on those sites. The current owner has no wish to BE sued, so he or she chooses to strictly regulate what is posted here. Cant say that I blame them personally..it costs money out of pocket to keep the site up, and then to pay Attorney fees on top of that? IMO You guys arent worth it.

Guest Get Use To It

Ok, and what is the problem? Obviously you must be her and know what to fill in the asterisks with to make sense of it! For your information BOE members and candidates have been getting beat up on this site for years now. So if you are going to be a candidate my advice would be to toughen up your skin you have not seen anything yet!

Guest Farenheit 451

Because people post the same complaints over and over....through IIRC about 3 owners of the site now. Previous owners of this forum have been sued over things posted here, Owners of some other sites have been sued because of things posted on those sites. The current owner has no wish to BE sued, so he or she chooses to strictly regulate what is posted here. Cant say that I blame them personally..it costs money out of pocket to keep the site up, and then to pay Attorney fees on top of that? IMO You guys arent worth it.

I'm sure nobody wants to see the site owners getting sued. Let's hope Ms. Lowry doesn't decide to sue, since - IMO - that posting maybe shouldn't have passed the censorship test, eh? And as for you, webmaster mouthpiece, glad to see you're still throwing your attitude around. Way to insult all the users of this privately owned site. IMO, of course.

Guest Farenheit 451

Ok, and what is the problem? Obviously you must be her and know what to fill in the asterisks with to make sense of it! For your information BOE members and candidates have been getting beat up on this site for years now. So if you are going to be a candidate my advice would be to toughen up your skin you have not seen anything yet!

Not a candidate & I don't know what the asterisks are hiding. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know it's neither positive or flattering.

Guest 212 degrees

I'm sure nobody wants to see the site owners getting sued. Let's hope Ms. Lowry doesn't decide to sue, since - IMO - that posting maybe shouldn't have passed the censorship test, eh? And as for you, webmaster mouthpiece, glad to see you're still throwing your attitude around. Way to insult all the users of this privately owned site. IMO, of course.

You're not going to make the next month if you're letting things get to you already, relax, you're keeping the heat off your running mates.

Guest Somebody is scared

You're not going to make the next month if you're letting things get to you already, relax, you're keeping the heat off your running mates.

I am a close family friend of the Lowrys and I know for a fact Debbie was given advice when she got involved in this election not to read and get involved in this KOTW nonsense. Knowing her I'm 99% sure she listened to that advice! As for the rest of us who love to splash around in this cess pool keep it coming. People know what's what!

Guest Farenheit 451

Einstein, I'm not Debbie Lowry.

Guest Not 100%

I am a close family friend of the Lowrys and I know for a fact Debbie was given advice when she got involved in this election not to read and get involved in this KOTW nonsense. Knowing her I'm 99% sure she listened to that advice! As for the rest of us who love to splash around in this cess pool keep it coming. People know what's what!

I will take a guess that 1% she is!!!