Mayor MAC time to ACT!

Guest BFD Professional

Guest BFD Professional

What has happened to the HFD is a shame. You other residents really need to step up and support these guys or someone is going to get hurt or even more seriously die. Yes your administration has made mistakes, but that’s no reason to take it out on the tax payers and compromise their safety. I for one am doing everything in my ability to get my family to move out of Harrison due to my concern about their lives. (not just fire either, due to the same issues their security is at risk and we need to increase police presence in town and fast!)

Some things need to happen and happen fast. The mayor needs to step up and act. Merge the public safety departments. First time to make Kearny a serious offer, not this I’ll pay you a penny and you protect me crap, step up and offer at least 75%-80% of your current budget. Also approach KPD about a merge with HPD this would be a great benefit!

Ok if that doesn’t work and it may not due to Kearny being more stable currently. Time to call upon another Mayor and Town. Time to make the deal look to enticing to East Newark to allow them to refuse. We all know you hold a lot of stuff over their heads. What’s two more shared services? HPD merged with ENPD is a no brainer. Now obviously merging a career FD and a volunteer FD would raise a number of issues but its doable as a plan “b” and necessary. It’s working in many other places in NJ look to nearby Nutley as just one example. Bottom line is having 2 or 3 cops on duty and 5 firefighters is just unacceptable and unsafe.

Again until this happens the towns talking about a merge could have some sort of memorandum of understanding and provide mutual automatic aid to each other. I had heard East Newark agreed to provide an automatic ladder to Harrison but that the HFD officers refused to utilize this, I’m guessing because of concerns over job security and I understand that. Just be warned if any of my families houses has a fire and there is a delay in requesting assistance from East Newark or Kearny, I will make sure the people in charge are sued for negligence.

One glimmer of hope. Maybe we won’t even need a merge. If Red Bulls continue to pay taxes and redevelopment continues to grow and take off Harrison can be the next Hoboken. But realistically that’s still about 10-15 years away.

Lets make changes today so we can be safe tomorrow. Right guys?

Guest Matt D.

Wow, 10 - 15 years Do you think good people will wait that long? Maybe the pickled Elk members, will stumbling around numb all the time., and the town cronies who get a raise every year and can pay the taxes . The simple fact is, There are a lot of families here in town that have been paying taxes forever, Take away some Fd and Pd, Cut services they used to provide, Then give new condo owners a fcking tax abatement of ten years, Build a stadium and have to wait years to get tax money from it. The longtime tax payers are getting screwed the hardest here. I personally think that we should get a real news crew to come to Harrison and really document what has been going on for the past two years, This way other small towns will see when their Mayor and councils start doing the same as ours did, And maybe give them a warning. Raymond, you should just retire now, you are the worst mayor in our history and will be known as a disgrace forever. You will be cursed for years after you leave by the poor souls left here to clean up your mess. Harrison is just not worth the taxes we have to shell out each year. Did I say that Ray has chased all the good people out of our town that could have made it better.

Guest Pete Goodman

Bikes on sidewalks have just started to be a problem. Yes Changeling is right, although i wouldn't go as far as to call human beings imports. I have seen Adults on bikes almost knocking senior citizens down. Yes the problem has started to get out of hand and i'm sure other people are also mad. Are we going to wait until a senor citizen gets knocked down and breaks a hip? Bikes belong in the street .

Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. You have over one million dollars in salaried personnel on duty at all times in a one square mile town and you want more? What idiot of a mayor in any other town or city would take on a dept. that is 50% to 75% deep with supervisors at inflated salaries? Would another town be willing to demote their own supervisors of their own dept. because a Harrison fire dept. member has more seniority? No way, Jose!

Sorry, but that's not gonna happen. You have over one million dollars in salaried personnel on duty at all times in a one square mile town and you want more? What idiot of a mayor in any other town or city would take on a dept. that is 50% to 75% deep with supervisors at inflated salaries? Would another town be willing to demote their own supervisors of their own dept. because a Harrison fire dept. member has more seniority? No way, Jose!

To tackle Harrison's problems in one post is impossible.

But if a merge happened seniority doesn't necessarily get transferred over. At least many other towns it hasn't. Look what’s happening in Camden, disbanding of one department and hiring by another, all those guys are bottom of the list in seniority. Same thing has happened in other New Jersey towns.

Harrison needs help, don't know how to do it, but something should be done.

All BS. The Harrison Fire Dept. TOLD the mayor that they are not being drug tested. The Firemen ordered the mayor and council to shut-up. Now they ordered the mayor and council not to merge so it will not happen. A merger could make juniors future not directly under total control of mommy and daddy. Kearny FD conduts drug testing and the HFD is scared out of their minds about the prospect of getting ONLY a 40% crack pension instead of 70% plus benefits. That kills the merger. The HFD is also very top heavy with chiefs with just a few indians and an expen$ive overblown budget. Why would any town take on the mess that is the HFD?

All BS. The Harrison Fire Dept. TOLD the mayor that they are not being drug tested. The Firemen ordered the mayor and council to shut-up. Now they ordered the mayor and council not to merge so it will not happen. A merger could make juniors future not directly under total control of mommy and daddy. Kearny FD conduts drug testing and the HFD is scared out of their minds about the prospect of getting ONLY a 40% crack pension instead of 70% plus benefits. That kills the merger. The HFD is also very top heavy with chiefs with just a few indians and an expen$ive overblown budget. Why would any town take on the mess that is the HFD?

I think Barney needs to be drug tested.

Ha ha. The only BS is this post. I was actually listening to you for a second then I came across a statement that is 100% false, so I decided not to believe anything you said as it is mostly likely also 100% false.

Tell me something... how can Harrison be top heavy with chiefs if they don't even have ONE chief?? That's right they don't have ONE currently. Which is also a shame but that's a different convo for a different day.

Doc13mets, what a moron. It's a decades long saying. "Chiefs" would encompass deputy chiefs, batallion chiefs, captains, and indians would be the run of the mill firemen. All firemen are run of the mill people but I had to distinguish it for your simple level of education. Your G.E.D. is shining through again.