New High School Principal?

Guest guest

Ask the fab 5. They're the ones who said they could find a better candidate than the previous principal. They did a despicable thing and a great disservice to the school district, teachers, and most of all, students. And I don't think they care one little bit. Board president King is the conductor of this runaway train and it is seriously off the rails.

Guest mumbojumbocambowatch

School starts in less than two weeks. Is there going to be a new principal or is the school going to be run by the three guys who shouldn't be?

Another clear and explicit demonstration of why the Fab 5 MUST GO PRONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! VOTE FOR LINDENFELSER LOWRY. AND DORAN THIS NOVEMBER 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask the fab 5. They're the ones who said they could find a better candidate than the previous principal. They did a despicable thing and a great disservice to the school district, teachers, and most of all, students. And I don't think they care one little bit. Board president King is the conductor of this runaway train and it is seriously off the rails.

Please, getting rid of her was the best thing. Their were a few Teachers who tried to rally the Students for Baumgartner, they only had a few step up.

Guest on the fence

Why so the other side if the board can continue to do Frankie d's handy work?! I've seen the other side of the board screw over people that were qualified for the job but were passed over for family and friends that are super connected to the town. Who are more willing to stand by? Those that are trying to undo past deceptions and be the bad guys for awhile to make things fair or those are really the bad guys but get to hide behind the "we are trying to do the best for the town" act?

Why so the other side if the board can continue to do Frankie d's handy work?! I've seen the other side of the board screw over people that were qualified for the job but were passed over for family and friends that are super connected to the town. Who are more willing to stand by? Those that are trying to undo past deceptions and be the bad guys for awhile to make things fair or those are really the bad guys but get to hide behind the "we are trying to do the best for the town" act?

Sound like maybe you were "screwed over"?

Who can answer this one simple question: "Who is the principal of Kearny High School?"

At the last board meeting, they announced that they were interviewing for an "interim high school principal." I don't think any action was taken after the interview.

Guest Willie Stark

A proposal that draws upon baseball history: after the disastrous 1960 season, Philip Wrigley (the chewing gum magnate), owner of the Chicago Cubs, decided that for the 1961 season, his team would be "managed by a College of (I believe it was eight) Coaches," who would be rotated after every 20 games or so.

Why not divide the school year into 30-day segments and have the six other principals in the district take turns being principal of Kearny High School? Of course that would mean one school would always be without a principal, but if no one tells them, I am sure Board members won't notice.

At the last board meeting, they announced that they were interviewing for an "interim high school principal." I don't think any action was taken after the interview.

No action is ever taken. This entire board is a bunch of morons. None of them care about the Education of our children. They all are just interested in their own agendas Very sad but true

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kearny Resident

I am still trying to find what the answer is on this? Did the "interim" Superintendant or the "interim" Assistant Superintendant ever hire an "interim" High School Principal? And if someone was hired can someone please post the name? Just writing this sounds so very stupid. This has been going on for such a long time and as taxpayers we are paying for this School Boards lack of ability to make a decision. Something has to be changed.

I am still trying to find what the answer is on this? Did the "interim" Superintendant or the "interim" Assistant Superintendant ever hire an "interim" High School Principal? And if someone was hired can someone please post the name? Just writing this sounds so very stupid. This has been going on for such a long time and as taxpayers we are paying for this School Boards lack of ability to make a decision. Something has to be changed.

There is NO high school principal, interim or otherwise.

Guest Big Joe's Buddy

How much money is being saved? With or without a principal, the school is working--does the principal really make a difference? KHS has gone without a principal in the past. Whether you liked

him or not, back in the seventies, the then only one vice principal took over KHS for a few months. Did the school run just fine? Yes it did. Did Big Joe make the school run--that is really hard to say

but the school didn't come to a stop. Relax--the new principal will be on board soon enough and the cost will be well over $125,000.

How much money is being saved? With or without a principal, the school is working--does the principal really make a difference? KHS has gone without a principal in the past. Whether you liked

him or not, back in the seventies, the then only one vice principal took over KHS for a few months. Did the school run just fine? Yes it did. Did Big Joe make the school run--that is really hard to say

but the school didn't come to a stop. Relax--the new principal will be on board soon enough and the cost will be well over $125,000.

You cannot effectively run a high school of 1,700+ students without a LEADER. Maybe temporarily, but we are now in month 4 & I understand NONE of the 3 vice principals are the least bit interested in taking the reins. 2 of those 3 are happy, happy, happy that Dr. Baumgartner is gone, but neither one of them have the ***** to take on the job. Too clueless, too complacent, too lazy. .