VOTE NO against "FAMILY FIRST" KEARNY BOE CANDIDATES,Lindenfe

Guest The Silent Majority

Lets not forget the many educators, adminstrators, that have secured family members in the Kearny Schools. Former Schools Chief Frank DeGesere has many family employed in the Kearny Schools, his wife, sister in law, his sister and his Assistant Super Robert Sprague was able to secure a position for his wife,and the list goes on and on and the poor umemployed teacher who knows nobody has no chance of getting a fair shot at a job because of this "Breakfest Club" of Board Members, Adminstrators, that have the inside track in the hiring process and why we as a community have to stop this purpose of GREED and SELF INTEREST and return Kearny Schools to a first class School System. The time is now to end hidden agendas and elect people with NO FAMILY INTERESTS in the Schools. Again LINDENFELSER, LOWERY, and DORAN all have FAMILY MEMBERS employed in the Kearny Schools. So please consider any of the candidates who are running on November 6 and educate yourself on the issues that matter to you and your family, I don't believe that these candidates above have your interests first, I strongly believe they will be SECURITY BLANKETS for current and future FAMILY FIRST EMPLOYEES if they are elected. END SELF INTEREST, VOTE NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES, DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER ON NOVEMBER 6

Mr. DiGesere's wife and sister-in-law were both hired before he was the superintendent of schools - he may have been the VP at Washington when his sil was hired and I don't remember when his wife was hired - but it was BEFORE he was the superintendent - please your lies only make you suspect.

Guest Just the facts Jack

Last I checked the vote was 9-0 in favor of the budget, so do not feed us your would of, could of should of BS. 9-0 means all members supported the budget.

Dr. Spin - Nobody is disputing the vote. And yes, it was 9-0 and that's a fact. But you can't change the fact that board members Castelli, O'Malley and Leadbeater stated, in public, that they would choose to go to cap, knowing that choice would have meant a a tax increase. The fact that they were PERSUADED to change their minds and chose to vote in favor of a 0 increase is admirable but that's not the way it started out. And that's a fact.

Guest Dr. Do Little

Dr. Spin - Nobody is disputing the vote. And yes, it was 9-0 and that's a fact. But you can't change the fact that board members Castelli, O'Malley and Leadbeater stated, in public, that they would choose to go to cap, knowing that choice would have meant a a tax increase. The fact that they were PERSUADED to change their minds and chose to vote in favor of a 0 increase is admirable but that's not the way it started out. And that's a fact.

The fact is and only is the vote was 9-0. That means all board members supported the budget. You can say all you want about a DISCUSSION and what some board members opinions were, but the fact remains ALL board members supported the budget, NOBODY WAS "PERSUADED". MR. Doran wants BIG MACS at every board meeting but the other members do not, so they don't have them, but that doesn't mean he is "persuaded" to agree not to have big macs at the meetings.

Guest Rewriting History

The fact is and only is the vote was 9-0. That means all board members supported the budget. You can say all you want about a DISCUSSION and what some board members opinions were, but the fact remains ALL board members supported the budget, NOBODY WAS "PERSUADED". MR. Doran wants BIG MACS at every board meeting but the other members do not, so they don't have them, but that doesn't mean he is "persuaded" to agree not to have big macs at the meetings.

Yes, the end result was a 9-0 vote, but the way that vote was arrived at is also of some importance. Somebody posted on this website boasting about the 0 tax increases since the Fab 5 took majority, I'm calling it out as crap. There was a 0 increase the year before there was a Fab 5 (ah, the good old days). And if not for a discussion led by the board minority, it is more than likely that the vote would have gone for the 2% cap, which would have resulted in a TAX INCREASE. You would like to forget all that. You would like to dismiss the way the decision became a 9-0 vote, but those are the facts. Spin it any way you want, that is still the truth. Leadbeater, Castelli and O'Malley were more than willing to increase taxes and, of course, it was all "FOR THE CHILDREN". Hah!

• 3 weeks later...

Lets not forget the many educators, adminstrators, that have secured family members in the Kearny Schools. Former Schools Chief Frank DeGesere has many family employed in the Kearny Schools, his wife, sister in law, his sister and his Assistant Super Robert Sprague was able to secure a position for his wife,and the list goes on and on and the poor umemployed teacher who knows nobody has no chance of getting a fair shot at a job because of this "Breakfest Club" of Board Members, Adminstrators, that have the inside track in the hiring process and why we as a community have to stop this purpose of GREED and SELF INTEREST and return Kearny Schools to a first class School System. The time is now to end hidden agendas and elect people with NO FAMILY INTERESTS in the Schools. Again LINDENFELSER, LOWERY, and DORAN all have FAMILY MEMBERS employed in the Kearny Schools. So please consider any of the candidates who are running on November 6 and educate yourself on the issues that matter to you and your family, I don't believe that these candidates above have your interests first, I strongly believe they will be SECURITY BLANKETS for current and future FAMILY FIRST EMPLOYEES if they are elected. END SELF INTEREST, VOTE NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES, DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER ON NOVEMBER 6

In the coming weeks the Taxpayers of Kearny will see the abuse of Power that Kearny Boards of Educations Past and Present have used to feather their own nests by placing FAMILY MEMBERS in high paying positions. The actual names of Board Members past and present who placed family members will be unvailed for all the townspeople to see and then the Public can judge if these individuals are and were FAMILY FIRST and the interests of the CHILDREN OF KEARNY SECOND. The DORAN, LOWERY,and LINDENFELSER TEAM all have FAMILY INTERESTS in the KEARNY SCHOOLS. Please consider any of the other candidates running for the Board of Education and lets END this selfish reckless reason for running for election. VOTE NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER on NOVEMBER 6TH Lets send them a MESSAGE that we want KEARNY'S CHILDERN FIRST and not SELF INTEREST AND FAMILY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In the coming weeks the Taxpayers of Kearny will see the abuse of Power that Kearny Boards of Educations Past and Present have used to feather their own nests by placing FAMILY MEMBERS in high paying positions. The actual names of Board Members past and present who placed family members will be unvailed for all the townspeople to see and then the Public can judge if these individuals are and were FAMILY FIRST and the interests of the CHILDREN OF KEARNY SECOND. The DORAN, LOWERY,and LINDENFELSER TEAM all have FAMILY INTERESTS in the KEARNY SCHOOLS. Please consider any of the other candidates running for the Board of Education and lets END this selfish reckless reason for running for election. VOTE NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER on NOVEMBER 6TH Lets send them a MESSAGE that we want KEARNY'S CHILDERN FIRST and not SELF INTEREST AND FAMILY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

Its interesting to see some of the sign locations around town and the families with self interest that are supporting the DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER TEAM. These locations for the most part have common interest like this TEAM in preserving their interests in the Kearny Schools with the FAMILY FIRST the CHILDREN SECOND agenda. From BOARD MEMBERS, ADMINSTRATORS, PAST and PRESENT.The KEA UNION PRESIDENT all with Family interests in the District. I ask the voters of KEARNY on your travels around town, ask yourself when you see their signs you have to wonder if their sign is to support in preserving their FAMILY FIRST agenda or the interests of the CHILDREN of KEARNY. VOTE NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER. END SELF INTEREST AGENDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its interesting to see some of the sign locations around town and the families with self interest that are supporting the DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER TEAM. These locations for the most part have common interest like this TEAM in preserving their interests in the Kearny Schools with the FAMILY FIRST the CHILDREN SECOND agenda. From BOARD MEMBERS, ADMINSTRATORS, PAST and PRESENT.The KEA UNION PRESIDENT all with Family interests in the District. I ask the voters of KEARNY on your travels around town, ask yourself when you see their signs you have to wonder if their sign is to support in preserving their FAMILY FIRST agenda or the interests of the CHILDREN of KEARNY. VOTE NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWERY, and LINDENFELSER. END SELF INTEREST AGENDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so sad and just smacks of desperation. So now all people who support the slate of Doran, Lowry and Lindefelser are self serving monsters who should be run out of town after being tarred and feathered. You keep trying to spin the family first agenda, all present board members and all potential candidates have people that are close to them within the school system, family, friends, associates they may have promised something ( you know who you are on that last one ) so let's get on with picking the most qualified people who can do the best for our kids. Forget my side forget their side research look into the people running and make an informed decision. On your own not from spin!!!

I agree with you 110%. People wanted change and got it, but more work needs to be done. Hopefully voters will keep progress going and not revert BACK to "old" ways!!!

Guest Shut up already

This is so sad and just smacks of desperation. So now all people who support the slate of Doran, Lowry and Lindefelser are self serving monsters who should be run out of town after being tarred and feathered. You keep trying to spin the family first agenda, all present board members and all potential candidates have people that are close to them within the school system, family, friends, associates they may have promised something ( you know who you are on that last one ) so let's get on with picking the most qualified people who can do the best for our kids. Forget my side forget their side research look into the people running and make an informed decision. On your own not from spin!!!

Don't get stressed. By the over use of his CAPS LOCK, it's obvious this is just one person's screwed-up opinion. Could be a CANDIDATE himself. Could be he has an AGENDA all his own. He's the one who's DESPERATE, so let him rant. Poor, pitiful Silent Majority. Your needle's stuck.

Don't get stressed. By the over use of his CAPS LOCK, it's obvious this is just one person's screwed-up opinion. Could be a CANDIDATE himself. Could be he has an AGENDA all his own. He's the one who's DESPERATE, so let him rant. Poor, pitiful Silent Majority. Your needle's stuck.

It seems your the one who is stressed maybe its because this FAMILY FIRST AGENDA is taking hold with the Townspeople. Its not desperation ITS FACT and the people are tired of candidates running for the Board of Education to use it as a FAMILY EMPLOYMENT AGENCY. Look at the signs around town for DORAN, LOWRY, and LINDENFELSER and it speaks volumes as to who supports this team. mostly all signs have family first agendas. Connect the dots and you will see that these Candidates if elected will PRESERVE the FAMILY FIRST agenda in securing employment for families of Past and Present Board Members and some Town Goverment Officals that for years have ABUSED the system in putting their FAMILY FIRST and the CHILDREN of KEARNY SECOND. VOTE NO!!!!! TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWRY, and LINDENFELSER

It seems your the one who is stressed maybe its because this FAMILY FIRST AGENDA is taking hold with the Townspeople. Its not desperation ITS FACT and the people are tired of candidates running for the Board of Education to use it as a FAMILY EMPLOYMENT AGENCY. Look at the signs around town for DORAN, LOWRY, and LINDENFELSER and it speaks volumes as to who supports this team. mostly all signs have family first agendas. Connect the dots and you will see that these Candidates if elected will PRESERVE the FAMILY FIRST agenda in securing employment for families of Past and Present Board Members and some Town Goverment Officals that for years have ABUSED the system in putting their FAMILY FIRST and the CHILDREN of KEARNY SECOND. VOTE NO!!!!! TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWRY, and LINDENFELSER

Hey, Silent Majority, I don't think there's a "NO" button on the voting machines. Just in case you didn't know.

Guest That Was Easy

Hey, Silent Majority, I don't think there's a "NO" button on the voting machines. Just in case you didn't know.

There should be one just for the Doran, Lowry ticket, they are 2 of the biggest hacks to run. NOTHING to offer, just themselves and their families. All about "I".

The FAMILY FIRST TEAM of DORAN , LOWRY, & LINDENFELSER, are planning several FAMILY REUNIONS with fundraising efforts in maintaining and preserving FAMILY FIRST EMPLOYEES in the Kearny Schools. Past and Present Board Members, Adminstrators, Town Elected Officials with family interests I'm sure won't miss a time to tell stories of how lucky THEY are that over the years how we managed to secure employment in good paying jobs for their famlies at the expense of the TAXPAYERS and how they will tell everyone we need to get elected and its for the children. DON'T BE FOOLED The FAMILY FIRST AGENDA is alive and well KEARNY EDUCATION NEEDS CHANGE!!!! You have a large field of candidates to choose from this year. Look at the issues and make the right decision for you and your family. These candidates are I believe don't have you best interests in mind. On NOVEMBER 6th VOTE NO!!!!!!!! TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWRY & LINDENFELSER END FAMILY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Please Shut Up

The FAMILY FIRST TEAM of DORAN , LOWRY, & LINDENFELSER, are planning several FAMILY REUNIONS with fundraising efforts in maintaining and preserving FAMILY FIRST EMPLOYEES in the Kearny Schools. Past and Present Board Members, Adminstrators, Town Elected Officials with family interests I'm sure won't miss a time to tell stories of how lucky THEY are that over the years how we managed to secure employment in good paying jobs for their famlies at the expense of the TAXPAYERS and how they will tell everyone we need to get elected and its for the children. DON'T BE FOOLED The FAMILY FIRST AGENDA is alive and well KEARNY EDUCATION NEEDS CHANGE!!!! You have a large field of candidates to choose from this year. Look at the issues and make the right decision for you and your family. These candidates are I believe don't have you best interests in mind. On NOVEMBER 6th VOTE NO!!!!!!!! TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES DORAN, LOWRY & LINDENFELSER END FAMILY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a whack job.

Guest lazaro bernavon

As a candidate for the BOE. I bring good intentions and honesty. If elected I will have a reason for making a decision popular or not but every decision has to have the best interest of our children in mind. I will be accessible to our community to hear their concerns and work on them together. Sometimes the people with all the experience are not our best choices but the people who are willing to make changes and stand up with integrity are. If your not happy with what you have now on the board you can change that on Nov 6th. Regardless of who wins lets work with them to better our system and give the best we can to our children. Lets not be part of the problem,lets be part of the solution.

Lazaro Bernavon

Guest James (Jim) L. Hill

ACT

My platform is simple. Accountability: continue to improve financial performance while keeping taxes stable. Hire the necessary administration to lead the district and help our teachers do their job by supporting them. When the adminstration is in place the board must work together with educators and parents to improve our test scores. Communication: I would encourage increased communications between the board, administrators, teachers, parents and students. If we are well informed and feel included there will be cooperation and a desire to help. Technology: as we improve our schools such as the high school project we need to have the best technology available. We need to obtain the very best technology for all our schools. Without cost to the taxpayer. By use of grants and gifts we can fund our technology that is needed.

I continue to walk throughout Kearny meeting the voters. I believe a candidate should address the needs of our schools. I also believe that if elected I need to work with the board to accomplish my goals.

I ask for your vote on November 6. James L. Hill 1O thank you

As a candidate for the BOE. I bring good intentions and honesty. If elected I will have a reason for making a decision popular or not but every decision has to have the best interest of our children in mind. I will be accessible to our community to hear their concerns and work on them together. Sometimes the people with all the experience are not our best choices but the people who are willing to make changes and stand up with integrity are. If your not happy with what you have now on the board you can change that on Nov 6th. Regardless of who wins lets work with them to better our system and give the best we can to our children. Lets not be part of the problem,lets be part of the solution.

Lazaro Bernavon

Personally, I'd like to have someone on the board of EDUCATION who knows which form of your/you're to use.

Guest No town connections

As a Kearny resident from birth and who has attended school in Kearny from k-12. I have been trying to get a job within the district for 4 years and have seen first hand how I have had my application thrown out to hire someone that has a personal connection with those in high places. I have also seen how after opening my mouth to confront it, has finally landed me an interview, but how the interview is driven to continue to hire those who have the connections, unlike myself. I know I am high qualified and there is no reason why I shouldn't be given a shot at this point. I have been patient, working my butt off, and would care about my job and the children I would work with.

Politics have always and are still happening. To act like it hasn't or only continues to happen, because of what you call the fabulous five, is only lying to yourself and the town.

As a Kearny resident from birth and who has attended school in Kearny from k-12. I have been trying to get a job within the district for 4 years and have seen first hand how I have had my application thrown out to hire someone that has a personal connection with those in high places. I have also seen how after opening my mouth to confront it, has finally landed me an interview, but how the interview is driven to continue to hire those who have the connections, unlike myself. I know I am high qualified and there is no reason why I shouldn't be given a shot at this point. I have been patient, working my butt off, and would care about my job and the children I would work with.

Politics have always and are still happening. To act like it hasn't or only continues to happen, because of what you call the fabulous five, is only lying to yourself and the town.

You are absolutely right about the appearance of unfairness within the BoE. There has always (and always will) be nepotism within the BoE (universally.) However, the most recent BoE in Kearny seems to have been running with an agenda of revenge and retaliation. Combining that with nepotism has added up to a very unpleasant and threatening environment within the schools. Hopefully the new blood that is coming in will look for, hire, and keep the best staff, faculty, and administrators going forward in Kearny. And if you fit into that picture, I hope very much that you do apply and get hired for the right position. Good luck! :)

Guest Wait and C

You are absolutely right about the appearance of unfairness within the BoE. There has always (and always will) be nepotism within the BoE (universally.) However, the most recent BoE in Kearny seems to have been running with an agenda of revenge and retaliation. Combining that with nepotism has added up to a very unpleasant and threatening environment within the schools. Hopefully the new blood that is coming in will look for, hire, and keep the best staff, faculty, and administrators going forward in Kearny. And if you fit into that picture, I hope very much that you do apply and get hired for the right position. Good luck! :)

As long as you're related to the new incoming board you'll be ok, such as a brother/sister, sister-in-law, but not really your sister-in-law because she is your husbands brothers wife, or some board member could be your godfather/mother, or just be a good friend and you're in.

The current board has not and would not hire any friends and family. and only did not tenure 2 employees because they were not performing, period, and there should have been a lot more!!!!

As long as you're related to the new incoming board you'll be ok, such as a brother/sister, sister-in-law, but not really your sister-in-law because she is your husbands brothers wife, or some board member could be your godfather/mother, or just be a good friend and you're in.

The current board has not and would not hire any friends and family. and only did not tenure 2 employees because they were not performing, period, and there should have been a lot more!!!!

Really? And who exactly are you that you know so much about whether people should be tenured or not? You talk like you actually know what you're talking about. Employee? Board member? In any event, if you are a current boe member, chances are you ALREADY have a at least one family member who works for the BOE - King, O'Malley, Plaugic, Leadbeater, Doran, Schalago, Viscuso. See? Only 2 left who have no family members employed by the boe. So why doesn't everybody drop this holier than thou bullshit. We live in a relatively small town. The boe is probably the biggest employer in this small town. If a job is available and you qualify, what's the big deal? Would you rather only hire people from out of town? Or is it just relatives that you have a problem with? Get over it. Nothing's going to change. It will always be this way. S**K it up.

• 6 months later...
Guest Board Watch

The KEA Union President is also part of the FAMILY FIRST Band wagon of EMPLOYMENT PATRONAGE by having relatives being hired in the system. Would it be true she is exchanging her Union Title to support LINDENFELSER, DORAN, and LOWERY for future hirings and promotions to FAMILY and FRIENDS???????? There is a price to pay for Union support and the Union is secondary with this Union President and her self interest has made its way to a union level and has resulted in givebacks at the very people she is suppose to be representing TEACHERS. As I see it it appears the KEA PRESIDENT is FAMILY FIRST, TEACHERS SECOND. SAY NO TO FAMILY FIRST CANDIDATES LINDENFELSER, DORAN, LOWERY

Sad to say this Union President is in lock and step with this Board Majority.

Guest Rumpelstiltskin

Sad to say this Union President is in lock and step with this Board Majority.

Hey genius, there IS no board majority. Where have you been? It's 4, 4 & 1. You're so smart, I won't bother identifying them. And it's lock step, not lock and step. And I don't think the union president is aligned with anyone. Perhaps she just knows who's right and who's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hey genius, there IS no board majority. Where have you been? It's 4, 4 & 1. You're so smart, I won't bother identifying them. And it's lock step, not lock and step. And I don't think the union president is aligned with anyone. Perhaps she just knows who's right and who's wrong?

4-4-1 measured by what? Measured by completely crazy versus not completely crazy, we've upgraded to 5-4 for not completely crazy. It's not much but considering what we just endured, I'll take it for now.