Kearny firefighters protest cuts in funding

Guest President FMBA Local 18

Guest Hugh G. Rection

To get an alarm at a West Hudson frat. house you would have to take a week off and stay their 24/7. To respond to a fire as a second responded (the Police are first) you would would have to be at the frat. house 24/7 for a month. I am still trying to figure out how the West Hudson clubhouse gangs report to the state that there are up to 300 fires a year in each town? Not possible. It's a lie.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest retired fire fighter

As usual the no nothings criticize but don't want to try it. This proves what cowards you really are. For those of you who are old enough, remember the fire on Laurel Avenue in the 60's where 4 children were killed. I watched the frat boys bringing out the bodies and trying to breath life into one of the children. This is just one of many examples.

Responding to 300 fires a year is a lie? Are you sure you're not referring to alarms because all calls are recorded not just actual ones and have to be treated as an actual alarm. And for information purposes part of being a fire fighter is fire prevention. Also they must be in complience with all NFPA standards. Continuation of training is part of these standards. So since none of you bashers want to take my suggestion go to the library and read the National Fire Protection Association Manual. The only danger you'll face is a possible paper cut. So kep on bashing. The more you do the more it makes me proud to have served protecting you no nothings.

• 2 weeks later...