Kearny firefighters protest cuts in funding

Guest President FMBA Local 18

Guest Guest

In regards to the need for municipal consolidation: There has been a demographic shift in the United States (and in other "1st world" countries), things will not go back to the way they were. People will not suddenly start having 3-4 children instead of 1-2. Society has reached the point of leveling off at a "replacement rate" for children; that is, about 2.1 kids per couple. The entitlement and pension systems that are currently in place were not designed for this. They are pay-as-you-go systems and are insolvent. They will require either: tax increases on those still working, reduced pay-outs (or increased age at which you can receive payments), complete elimination and replacement with something else, or some combination of those.

Further, municipal consolidation is hardly "radical". Merging a few tiny towns in the same county to save a couple million dollars a year is not that big of a deal. Nor would it be impossible to undo if the results were somehow catastrophic. It is a nonpartisan issue and completely about efficiency in government. There are people that will stand to lose from it: senior government workers in the towns consolidated and presumably the families of those individuals. Having the superintendent of schools be responsible for another thousand kids and a few more buildings isn't that much more of a strain, having a single town clerk and board of health and police chief, and construction official is not the end of the world. They can handle the "increased workload". Even if you had the exact same number of municipal workers, but reduced the department heads to subordinate positions and flattened the hierarchy (and thus paid them less), it would still be beneficial!

You are right: there isn't any going back. The 20th century is gone. Demographics have changed: people have fewer kids and live longer. That's expensive on society. Government must change with it. That means becoming more efficient. Towns created in the late 19th or early 20th century, don't necessarily make sense in the 21st. Municipal governments and pension systems created in the 20th need to meet the realities of the 21st.

As for the 8% number: it is an annual expectation, not 8% over 10 years or 15 years or some other future period. The public accounting system is flawed, but that isn't the point. The point is the number used for return estimates is set by politicians, not technocratic professionals that understand investments and can provide a fair and accurate assessment of what payments are needed in the system currently so society can determine the future payouts and other rules for the system. Why? Because those in political power can have it every way and please all people: politicians can tell taxpayers they are "balancing the budget" and "not raising taxes" and simultaneously tell the people that will depend on those pensions that the "system is solvent" and provide future pensioners with increased guarantees. There isn't a single private pension program out there that has the rosy growth expectations that the public systems use. Go take a look at Johnson & Johnson's: that's a company that still has a defined benefit pension system and is considered to be one of the best managed out there, even that system doesn't expect 8% annual growth.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Good logical posting. However, in furtherance of the FMBA threatening the public that, " People WILL die.." I still would like to have either the FMBA Pres., Fire Chief, or anyone else in the fire service answer a question I asked and they refuse to respond. Have fatalities due to fires increased in Kearny or Harrison due to manpower levels? How many (exactly) fireman are needed to prevent those people from dying? How much More money will it cost the taxpayers?

Guest Guest

Just when you thought Superfreak , Mr.Jus Sayin couldn't make more of a fool of himself he has outdone himself once again. His latest retort is monumental. When FMBA Pres. Jim Carey stated that "People WILL die...." I figured he was just an uninformed Bully. The stupidity and failure of the Chief of the Kearny Fire Department with his "We were overwhelmed..." statement implying a complete lie about lack of personnel at a simple ordinary two family fire while needing mutual aid from 4 other towns, ad hoc spokesman Jus Sayin, and the rest of the KFD it may have been more on the mark with reality. Jus Sayin (LOL) says that he is not an Officer (don't know what that means) but yet he is available AT THE FIREHOUSE with regularity but yet he says he is not a fireman. If he is employed by the town, and is assigned to the firehouse due to his availability there for you to bring your "timecard" to him, whatever that means is strange. If he is at the firehouse during his working hours but NOT a fireman than what the heck does he do? Firehouse masseur, cook, personal shopper, whatever....but apparently he is NOT doing the job his title would imply so he is stealing from the town by his own admission.

If there is a job in the Town of Kearny that only requires an individual to sit or sleep in a firehouse until a person comes in to complain about a time card problem, can I get an application? Two people may be necessary for that grueling responsibilty?

Jus Sayin also states that he worked 200 hrs. in the past year with NO compensation. 5, 40 hrs. work weeks for FREE. WOW, what a guy!! I wonder if the fireman negotiated in the last contract to work 200 hrs. per man for free. I would love to see that clause. The FMBA Pres. plays dumb but he or any other union shop would disappear from society if he/she mentioned working for free.

I my opinion, this entire Fire Dept. need a complete overhaul of personnel with proper skills and a reasonable rate of pay. Let them see what the salaries and benefits for someone who is NOT a town employee look like. Cry me a river.

Angry?

Your kidding right? Mildly bemused would be a more adequate description,lol.

A personal attack? Not hardly, trust me if it came to my mind to go down that road there'd be no doubt but there are people out there that have very thin skins and find themselves easily threatened, don't like what I have to say or how I say it?

Just move your little mousey on to the next page and all the bad mans words will go away.

You come to this little tete a tete years late my friend I suggest you do some reading of past posts and educate yourself or you can continue on the assumption that you know the players in this game... there is a history here.

My salary? Oh how many times have I answered this question? Ok how about one more, my salary along with my name and the names of all Kearny Firefighters is easily available on-line has been for years all you have to do is look, it's one of the perks of public employment feel free to repost.

Comp time? The Firefighters agreed to work on an hour for hour ratio even though comp time was replacing overtime which is based on a one to one and one half ratio so my 200 hours plus was actually 300 hours plus the Town recieved an immediate free 100 hours due to this straight conversion that's right into the pocket. Comp time is also only paid back when there is adequate manpower to allow for a man to be off without incurring any expense to the Town again no cost. Because of this I have recieved only 24 hours of the Comp time owed me because the Dept has been downsized to the point that there are not enough Firefighters to fill the positions much less allow people off for Comp time. The Agreement was that the time would be paid back by he 31st of May needless to say it never happened nor will it happen in this year.

Simply put if the Town recieved work from it's employees without renumeration it's free.They're not giving me anything I didn't already have.

I'll make you a deal, you get the Town to agree to it and I'll donate all the money in time owed to me to the St. Barnabus Burn Center or how about the Wounded Warriors Charity, want an incentive? You can have the tax write off.

Just a reminder we did this to save Firefighters jobs and maintain the level of manpower as it was, now as it turns out it was all for naught as the Town is cutting manpower anyway which brings us full circle to the reason this thread was started.

As far as others in my famly being employed by the Town if that's true then you must know who I am so go ahead and post my name and the names of those in my family that are employed by the Town as well ,you have my permission but if you can't then it just means your a liar then doesn't it? So yes I'm calling you out.

Don't like me? Fine. Hate Firefighters in general? It's all good. Because regardless of those feelings we will continue to do our jobs to the best of our abilities to be there whenever and wherever we are needed.

I am proud to be a Firefighter for this Town it's my life and no one will ever be able to take that from me and yours and others poor opinion of me and my Brothers is just part of doing that job a sad part but still a part.

So continue to flame away.....I'm used to the heat.

jus sayin

Guest Guest

Now he finally admits to being a frat house boy. This situation of refusing to reply to a simple question reminds me of another situation but in Harrison. The Harrison Mayor, Fire Chief, and anyone related to fire service was asked why the Harrison FD REFUSED to be drug tested and their only response was to call someone Barney. To this day they don,t have a valid excuse to be the only FD in Hudson County not to be drug tested. McDonough won't ask for random drug testing because at the next family barbecue he doesn't want to run into 10 relatives who lost their jobs because they pissed hot. He jumped all over the cops the minute he could and 1 guy got caught even though there had never been an issue of drugs with the cops. The Harrison fireman had many drug related incidents with one fireman committing suicide over his drug addiction. But that's Harrison's problem.

I mentioned the NO ANSWER because now the Kearny fire service has been asked about 20 times already questions that they WILL NOT ANSWER. The FMBA # 18 Pres. stated that due to manpower problems," People will die." he said. Now back it up! Once again, how many more fireman does the town need to prevent these definite dead bodies from littering the street?? How many more promotions? Just how much more money do the greedy do nothing fireman need to line their pockets with at the taxpayers expense. The job of a fireman is one 25 year vacation. They think everybody in the free market system, or private employment makes $150,000.00 a year with Mercedes Benz benefits for working two days a week and get a 70% pension for life. THAT IS NOT THE REAL WORLD!! Most people WORK for their money. The firemen get town issued welfare and they still can't shut up. I can only hope Christie follows Wisconsin but includes the Fireman in the overhaul. Now can you answer the question you little piss ants. That's my opinion.

Guest Lucid Leroy

Hey jus sayin'

Yep, your latest only confirms my points.

1. You can't hide from your own words. You acted like a bully. I'll copy them one more time just in case you're man enough to apologize:

"I guess that's why they call it bliss, you've also never told us what it is exactly that you do for a living, are you ashamed?"

"As you stated in your past post there's no reason to put a name to it because the content is all that counts and you may look stupid and then people would know who you are and therefore know you are an idiot."

2. You won't answer a question as basic as your salary. Is it $98,000 a year (without over-time) as a firefighter? Or is it $135,000 a year (without over-time) as a captain or is it $174,000 a year as a deputy chief?

3. You said you worked 200 hours without pay in 2011. That was wrong. You got compensatory time. That means you will get 200 hours PAID time off. That's the equivalent of an additional 5 weeks vacation time (to go with the four weeks a year you already get). For those not in the know, firefighters work 24-hour shifts. For every 24 hours on, they're off the next 72 hours. That means a firefighter works either seven or eight 24-hour shifts each month. You will get that time off paid at your straight rate, although I don't know what that is in dollars since you won't tell me whether you're a firefighter, captain or deputy chief. I'm also very sure that you will collect every last hour of it and that you won't give it back to the Kearny taxpayer.

4. Now that you were caught bullying others, you play the part of victim and try to deflect blame by saying I'm hateful of firefighters. The exact opposite is true. I admire and am quite in awe of them. It is your extraordinary salary and benefits that I question and that taxpayers can't afford. Why do most Kearny firefighters live in communities with volunteer fire departments?

Guest Guest

The personal attacks are pointless and unnecessary. In my opinion, it is also the general problem with small municipalities - people take everything personally and are concerned with what they think other people are getting and issues of "fairness" that are biased by their perceptions of another person's work. Instead, we should work together to figure out what is the most efficient way to get the most from our local governments at the least cost.

As to the statement that people "will die". Can't we all agree that both sides are sort of right on this? First, it was needless grandstanding and exaggeration designed to frighten (but not threaten) the public into generally supporting more spending on increased spending on fire safety (and thus more for unionized members of the fire department). It uses an emotional argument, rather than a logical one (unfortunately probably the majority of voters only care about emotional arguments). But, we should also be able to agree that reduced spending on fire safety does decrease fire safety. If there are less members of the fire department, less fire companies, less people on duty at any one time you would be less safe than previously all else being held equal (e.g. you didn't somehow switch to a force of only the best firemen from across the entire country in one town). The point that the town is less safe shouldn't be the point, that is probably obvious. The question should be: How much can we afford to spend on the fire department and what is the most effective way to spend that money?

In my opinion, the most effective way to spend that money is by pooling resources in West Hudson and consolidating departments along with an increasing reliance on volunteer assistance, so we can flatten the hierarchy as much as possible in the short term. In the long term it is pension and benefit reform for all public employees (mostly eliminating retirement at the current ages and switching from defined benefit to defined contribution pensions for "white collar" public employees).

Guest Guest

If the Kearny firemen have been doing their so-called job to the best of their abilities, the town is in real trouble. They had to push the panic button and call 4 other towns for an ordinary two family house fire. That inability, not ability. If anyone sees a fire they should call the FDNY because they are the closest competent fireman in the tri-state area. If there is a six family apt. building the Kearny Chief will say, "We ran away become we were overwhelmed and very scared........MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......WAHHHHHHHHH

Guest Guest

An added bonus the firemen do not tell the public about is that if they call in sick, only 16 hours are deducted from the 24 hour shift. Does anyone else in Kearny have a job ( I am not saying a fireman is a job) where they can call in sick for 2 days in a row and then gets a free 3rd day thrown in with full pay. Calling in sick for fifteen days and only getting 10 taken away is an extra week of paid vacation a year. That's a hidden "bonus" of about $2500.00 to $3000.00 a year the frat boys get and yet they still cry.

Lets see how many questions I can answer just using information that already exists in this thread.

1. "you've also never told us what it is exactly that you do for a living, are you ashamed?" Yes, a question and not the first time I've asked it....still no answer but he likes to tell us what kind of underwear he prefers.

2. Yes, I was paraphrasing Guests/ Georges post....."I cannot see why a person's name is required to post an opinion. It is the content of the post that matters, not who said it. For instance, Mr. FMBA would have been better off not using his name and associating himself with his uneducated post and comments predicting that, "People WILL die." He has solidified the fact that he is an underachiever after having unlimited time for his composition and made a complete fool of himself."

My take on this statement is that it's better to remain anonymous when posting so when you make a stupid statement people will not know who you are and yes by the way I do think that Guest / George is an idiot, but in this statement alone he also shows he's a coward and aware of his own shall we say "limitations".

3." Is it $98,000 a year (without over-time) as a firefighter? Or is it $135,000 a year (without over-time) as a captain or is it $174,000 a year as a deputy chief?"

"I'm not an Officer" " I am proud to be a Firefighter for this Town "

Well I think that's pretty clear.

4. " You said you worked 200 hours without pay in 2011. That was wrong. You got compensatory time. That means you will get 200 hours PAID time off. That's the equivalent of an additional 5 weeks "

"I have recieved only 24 hours of the Comp time owed me " "Simply put if the Town recieved work from it's employees without renumeration it's free.They're not giving me anything I didn't already have.'

I gave the Town over 200 hours of my personal time if they give me 200 hous back how am I ahead? If I lend you a dollar and you give me back my dollar did I make money? Please tell me your not an Accountant. And if I haven't made it clear to you let me say it again, the Town still owes me.

5." Now that you were caught bullying others"

"Just move your little mousey on to the next page and all the bad mans words will go away."

Now really... I'm a Bully? Did I come into your home grab you by the scruff of your neck and force you onto this webpage? Are you that easily intimidated? For your sake I certainly hope not. By the way in case you weren't aware of it your new friend Guest/George has been admonished by the Owner of this website for threatening members of this forum.

You picked a real winner,lol.

Last year the percentage of people with one million dollars in liquid assets rose 2%, an intersting stastic considering we're supposed to be in the worst economic times in decades. The rich continue to become wealthier and American companies send their work overseas while Americans go without jobs.

And the middle class, what's left of it are tearing each other apart, there was a time when workers strived to get more and do better now the trend is to take from those that have more, not to rise up but drag down.

Let me restate something I said on this site years ago, "If you think the Government is going to take from me and give it to you your sadly mistaken" My pension money has been going into the State coffers since the 90's we've reduced the manpower to the bone and increased healthcare payments.

So how come your taxes haven't gone down?

Oh and read the other Threads, now it's our fault that fires are getting beyond our abilities.

Over the past few years I've posted my work location and shift times along with invitations for coffee, my salary and position are also known and I've posted under the same screen name the entire time along with the fact that I am a resident of the Town.

So who's hiding?

jus sayin

Guest Guest

The rich, as you call them, pay 40% of ALL taxes in NJ. The welfare misfits pay nothing. Firemen have a part time job with better perks, benefits, and pensions than anyone in America. The school kids throwing garbage into the 9/11 fountain in NY should indicate to you how the public doesn't feel sorry for the bloodsucking Firemen anymore. Like Christie says, the day of the free lunch is coming to an end.

Guest Lucid Lawrence

Hey jus sayin',

Good try but you're still way off the mark.

1. The poster's job has nothing to do with the Kearny Fire Department. He asked about his tax dollars and safety, and you belittle him by suggesting his job is one he should be "ashamed" of. I call that intimidation.

2. You called him an idiot. You now also call him a coward. You have the right to your opinion. So does he. And he has the right to ask where his tax dollars are going and to make an argument to reduce spending. To name-call is to intimidate and, yes, to bully. Oh, BTW, he would be no more a "coward" than you since I don't see you giving us your identity.

3. Finally, so you make $98,000 a year, plus overtime. You didn't mention your health plan which costs the Kearny tax payers another $24,000 a year or the town's pension contribution for you which is another $20,000 a year. So you cost the taxpayer currently $142,000 a year without overtime. Oh yeah, that's right, you contributed 1.5% of your salary for your health plan, so deduct a whopping $1,470 and you cost the taxpayer for the year $140,530.

4. The equivalent of five weeks more in PAID vacation (to go with the four you already get), and you have the audacity to say you don't know how you're coming ahead? Really??

5. I guess if you limit the definition of "bullying" to "come into your home, grab you by the scruff of your neck and force you onto this webpage", then you would be right. However, what you just described is assault, battery and, if you were related to me, domestic violence. Bullying often is intimidating words or actions. Like calling someone a coward. Or intimidating him to shut up by suggesting his job is something to be ashamed of. That's bullying in most people's book. (BTW, you still owe him an apology.)

6. Your new statement of "My pension money has been gointo into the State coffers since the 90's" is so misleading. You contributed 8.5% of your annual pay for your pension until this year when it was raised to 10%. So this year you contribute $9,800, last year it was $8,300. Over 25 years, you've contributed about $150,000 in TOTAL. Now consider your pension benefit when you retire. If you've got 20 years, you can retire today and collect your pension immediately irregardless of how old you are. At 25 years of service, you get 65% of your highest annual salary as an annual pension for the rest of your life. So that's a sweet annual pension of $63,700 for you. In just three years, you will have exceeded every penny you put in. But you keep collecting like an entitlement benefit for the rest of your life so, if you live to 79, which is the average life expectancy for males, and you retire at 55, you'll get 24 years x $63,700 = $1,528,800. The taxpayer has to pay that. That's why we're going broke.

Guest Guest

To the firemen, especially Jus Sayin ( your ad hoc asshole spokesman) you say you represent government workers. Fireman do not work so you are not govt. workers. As to your arrogant and almighty diss. to the private sector workers in this country, the Governor has taken money out of your pocket. Remember the cries of Me First, actually Why me, that the firemen were crushed by a short time ago. It's gonna be many more givebacks going forward and the Honorable Mayor Santos is puttin it on you already.

Guest Kearny Guy

I guess Lucid was right, Jus Saying isn't man enough (or if Jus Sayin is the wife of a fireman, then woman enough) to apologize for calling someone a "coward" and belittling his employment. She or he also never answered why most Kearny firemen live in communities with volunteer fire departments.

Aww you missed me and you learned a new word, nice language do you kiss Mommy with that mouth too?

I just love reading the comments about how we should have a volunteer fire dept. It's never I'm going to start one or I want to be a volunteer,how about stepping up to the plate yourself after all it's an easy job right? And you already know so much about it.

Lets do some math, what's 1-1+1=? here's a hint the number is right in front of you, that's how I don't come out ahead.

Fire dept. Spokesman? Government worker spokesman?

Nah but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite.

Play nice kids

jus sayin

Guest Lucid Lauro

Aww you missed me and you learned a new word, nice language do you kiss Mommy with that mouth too?

I just love reading the comments about how we should have a volunteer fire dept. It's never I'm going to start one or I want to be a volunteer,how about stepping up to the plate yourself after all it's an easy job right? And you already know so much about it.

Lets do some math, what's 1-1+1=? here's a hint the number is right in front of you, that's how I don't come out ahead.

Fire dept. Spokesman? Government worker spokesman?

Nah but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite.

Play nice kids

jus sayin

Jus Sayin, you really are shameless. You act the bully and pretend you weren't. You make misstatements that you then ignore. You don't answer the original poster's question on tax dollars and the later question as to why most Kearny firemen live in communities with volunteer fire departments. You exhibit obsessive and delusional characteristics.

Here' the last posting. Let's try one more time. Care to answer the points?:

Hey jus sayin',

Good try but you're still way off the mark.

1. The poster's job has nothing to do with the Kearny Fire Department. He asked about his tax dollars and safety, and you belittle him by suggesting his job is one he should be "ashamed" of. I call that intimidation.

2. You called him an idiot. You now also call him a coward. You have the right to your opinion. So does he. And he has the right to ask where his tax dollars are going and to make an argument to reduce spending. To name-call is to intimidate and, yes, to bully. Oh, BTW, he would be no more a "coward" than you since I don't see you giving us your identity.

3. Finally, so you make $98,000 a year, plus overtime. You didn't mention your health plan which costs the Kearny tax payers another $24,000 a year or the town's pension contribution for you which is another $20,000 a year. So you cost the taxpayer currently $142,000 a year without overtime. Oh yeah, that's right, you contributed 1.5% of your salary for your health plan, so deduct a whopping $1,470 and you cost the taxpayer for the year $140,530.

4. The equivalent of five weeks more in PAID vacation (to go with the four you already get), and you have the audacity to say you don't know how you're coming ahead? Really??

5. I guess if you limit the definition of "bullying" to "come into your home, grab you by the scruff of your neck and force you onto this webpage", then you would be right. However, what you just described is assault, battery and, if you were related to me, domestic violence. Bullying often is intimidating words or actions. Like calling someone a coward. Or intimidating him to shut up by suggesting his job is something to be ashamed of. That's bullying in most people's book. (BTW, you still owe him an apology.)

Guest kyle

So, how many of you Keyboard Commandos stepped up last night at the Fireworks and gave the Firefighters a piece of your mind??????

What exactly are you saying would happen if these keyboard commandos "stepped up"? This isn't the first situation where a firefighter or cop has taken to this website to threaten violence against the community they've sworn to protect. That doesn't surprise me, though. So many of our town's loyal employees live as far away as Lakewood. They'll take the town's tax revenue, but they'll move away and trash the people who pay their salaries. I still support FMBA Local 18, but certain individuals in the KFD have big heads and absolutely no respect.

Well if you read you'll get your answers, that said the Town of Kearny hires out of town Firefighters the town council has seen fit to not push for a residency requirement a big mistake and disservice to the Kearny residents and their children in my opinion. I am of the opinion that there should be a residency requirement, there was one when I was hired I see these kids at fires and am saddened that they'll probably never get a chance to do this job and that's just wrong.

But in the end read some of the posts on this Forum would you want to live with people that have such a low opinion of you? I often question why I stayed.

I've explained my Comp time way too many times already, if you don't get it then you don't, if it wasn't a bonus to the Town then why did they ask us to do it and then credit the budget with a savings of several hundred thousands of dollars.

As far as overtime that's manpower driven not something I have control over, same with health benefits and I wholeheartedly agree that they are way over the top, how come Gov. Christie didn't put a 2% cap on them as well? And after all the paperwork is done my payment is 35% of my benefits not 1.5%.

You want a smaller Dept. you got it, 13 more left last week in retirement and are not being replaced, Christie has raised my pension payment and my medical benefits payments were initiated by referendum not negotiation yet still my taxes haven't gone down, maybe next year,lol.

As far as apologies, nah not going to happen, I'm not sorry that Guest is an idiot and I don't think he is either if it wasn't for the internet and his computer he'd have nothing to do but kick his dog,lol.

I treat people on this Forum as they treat me, if you act like an idiot I'm going to call you on it, you and I have managed to have a civil discussion here, right? Now look at Guest's posts, like I said we have a history here that goes back several years, he got his start bashing HFD on the Harrison forum and still does, no rhyme no reason and probably not even a resident just a Troll.

So I guess that makes me a Bully, I can live with that.

jus sayin

Guest Lucid Leroy

Hey jus sayin,

Your last posting provides plenty of material to confirm that you misstate facts and exhibit delusional characteristics. Let me deconstruct:

1. On compensatory time, you're still fretting that you got called out on what was actually done, which was give you regular PAID time off for every hour of overtime. You (or your husband as the case may be) came out ahead with an additional 5 weeks paid time off. But you can't let go. You then make the misstatement that it saved the town "several hundred thousand dollars". I'm not a math teacher, but I know what "several" means.

2. Here's another doozy of an intentional misstatement: "my payment is 35% of my benefits not 1.5%". If you (or your spouse) are still working in 2015, then yes, your payment will be 35%. Here's the description of from the State Health Benefits Plan: All public employees will be required to contribute a certain percentage of their health benefit premiums. The percentage rate of contribution is determined based on the employee's annual salary and the selected level of coverage. The increased employee contributions will be phased in over a 4-year period with a minimum contribution required to be at least 1.5% of salary.

3. Here's another misstatement: "13 more left last week". I'm not a math teacher, but I know how to count.

4. Here's the delusional part. Your last posting is a feeble attempt to make the original poster to be the bad guy when you're the one who called him a "coward", "idiot", "Troll" and said that he should be "ashamed" of his job. I guess in your mind somewhere, somehow, the poster said things in prior threads that justify your conduct. No it does not, even if you knew who was who in the anonymous postings. It only confirms that you're a bully because when a bully gets called out in front of others, he can't admit he was wrong. (BTW, "Guest" is the fallback posting name for anyone who posts on this board without a name.)

5. You want to know why taxes haven't gone down? Re-read the earlier postings. You or your spouse costs the taxpayer $140,000 a year and when you retire you'll collect about $1.5 million in pension payments over the remainder of your life.

Allow me to introduce you to one of "Guests" most recent posts on the Harrison side of this Forum....

"What a disgrace the Harrison Fire Dept. is and they have proved it again. The towns full compliment of fireman had to push the panic button AGAIN to put out a little ol' fire. When the HFD arrived after quite some time (you know, the I'm tired, five more minutes syndrome) they didn't even know how to operate the equipment until one of 5 other towns arrived. They just stood there and watched until another dept. got there. In my opinion, it was one of the worst cases of cowardice by the HFD I have ever seen, and there have been plenty. The second disgrace was when they put up the truck ladder too far from the building and argued about who would go up the ladder. A Police Officer finally had to go up the ladder first. ( That was a different time )

A multi-million dollar budget for a bunch of clowns who are afraid to even pee in a cup. It's more of a comedy show to watch them. The best was when one ff wiped some soot off the ground in back of the house on his face to dirty himself up to look like he did something.

When the Kearny union rep. said," Somebody will die...," he may have been talking about Kearny and Harrison. P A T H E T I C !!!! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Really? So this guy was in front of and behind the house all at the same time? At 3am no less.

This is an example of pure unadulterated prevarication, a figment of someones twisted little imagination,in other words it's BS. A play by play description from someone who wasn't even at the game.

The Harrison FD did an excellent job at this fire considering that they are severly undermanned and the fire had a good head start on them. Add to this the fact that KFD's communications were down and there was a delay in getting the second alarm out, fortunately we've learned to cover ourselves by keeping radio watches.

How do I know this? I came on shift the next morning and the first question I asked was "how did the Harrison guys make out?"

The answer I got back was "they did great".

That's good enough for me.

And to my bestest buddy Guest I say, when was the last time you put 75lbs of equipment on and humped a hose up three flights of stairs in 98* temps?

Yeah I thought so.

Flame on Johnny Torch

jus sayin

Guest Guest

You Firemen just don't get. The public DOES NOT CARE how much Christie has taken away FROM you. The Town of Kearny pays you a bucket load of money a year out of the Kearny residents pockets. Most of the people paying for you to sleep are concerned about THEIR OWN situation like food, clothes for the kids, and that next tax, water, and car insurance bill. The residents are not looking to bail you out. You have a guarenteed lifetime job of high pay and benefits. Many people may not have a check coming in a month from now and cannot affords to see a doctor. These are things you take for granted, don't appreciate, and then have the nerve to challenge the public to fight you at an Independence Day celebration. It is no wonder public sentiment has turned so sour against you and your gangster friends.

Guest Kearny Senior

You Firemen just don't get. The public DOES NOT CARE how much Christie has taken away FROM you. The Town of Kearny pays you a bucket load of money a year out of the Kearny residents pockets. Most of the people paying for you to sleep are concerned about THEIR OWN situation like food, clothes for the kids, and that next tax, water, and car insurance bill. The residents are not looking to bail you out. You have a guarenteed lifetime job of high pay and benefits. Many people may not have a check coming in a month from now and cannot affords to see a doctor. These are things you take for granted, don't appreciate, and then have the nerve to challenge the public to fight you at an Independence Day celebration. It is no wonder public sentiment has turned so sour against you and your gangster friends.

Barney, can't you come up with some new material, you sound like a broken record.