BOE MEETING

Guest Concern Parent of 3!

Guest Concern Parent of 3!

Does anyone know what went down at the BOE meeting on 4/30...I heard bits and pieces one being the current HS Principal and VP of Franklin School were let go. Who is going to be the next HS Principal one of the (3) VP's or will boe go outside of the district? It is a shame when someone losses their job especially in these tough times. Can they both be place in another position besides the one they currently hold and do they loss their salary? Last questioned...Was any teachers let go? Thanks for keeping me posted.

Guest Concerned town citizen

As a concerned citizen of the town of Kearny and a mother of 3 I would like to know why the HS principal was let go after a short time being in the position. Is it because she is a woman, is it because she's not part of the "boys" club or is it because she was actually making progress and positive changes in our highschool. Our highschool I feel is major trouble...It certainly is not the same highschool that I attended. Change is good and if Kearny is going to compete with other towns and districts then we need to step up our game and raise standards, hold teachers and students accountable. I have about 6 years before my child enters highschool and as of now, there is NO WAY he is going to Kearny Highschool. Bad decision BOE.

Guest Guest

Does anyone know what went down at the BOE meeting on 4/30...I heard bits and pieces one being the current HS Principal and VP of Franklin School were let go. Who is going to be the next HS Principal one of the (3) VP's or will boe go outside of the district? It is a shame when someone losses their job especially in these tough times. Can they both be place in another position besides the one they currently hold and do they loss their salary? Last questioned...Was any teachers let go? Thanks for keeping me posted.

At this time, the job for the HS principal has been posted (advertised) although I understand Dr. B is fighting it. The VP position has not been posted at this time. It is not public knowledge who will be the next KHS principal - current administrator or outsider. None of the teachers who were recommended by their administrators were let go.

Guest Guest 2

Dear Concerned Parent of 3,

You are right to be concerned. Rumor has it that one of the 3 VP's has already applied and is a "shoe-in" for the job. He is a good buddy of the Fab 5.

Good luck, Kearny.

Guest Guest

What you are seeing is Christie's attitude towards tenure taking affect. Anyone that is coming close to receiving tenure in their position will be on the chopping block. One misstep or even the perception that you are not doing your job and your gone. And forget it if there's any political motivation against you.

Welcome to the revolving door.

Guest Guest

Dear Concerned Parent of 3,

You are right to be concerned. Rumor has it that one of the 3 VP's has already applied and is a "shoe-in" for the job. He is a good buddy of the Fab 5.

Good luck, Kearny.

SO which 1 of the 3 is it?

Guest 2nd Ward Voter

I disagree with the tenure statement. If this was true, why was the Franklin School pirncipal kept on as well as the other VPs who do not have tenure. This has to do with politics as usual, just a different cast of characters. Dr. Baumgartner came to a school where sports are more important than academics. She tried to change this but it doesn't happen overnight. She did not have support of her VPs because they are threatened by an intelligent woman.

Guest Reality

What you are seeing is what happens in the Real world. Do your job and do it well and you have nothing to be concerned about. Do not do your job and do not perform well and get terminated. Why should an employee get "protected" status after a few short years? It's crazy ! In the case of teachers, if a teacher makes it 3 years and gets tenure and than it is determined that in year 5 that this teacher is doing a horrible job it is next to impossible to terminate that individual.

Guest Guest

What you are seeing is what happens in the Real world. Do your job and do it well and you have nothing to be concerned about. Do not do your job and do not perform well and get terminated. Why should an employee get "protected" status after a few short years? It's crazy ! In the case of teachers, if a teacher makes it 3 years and gets tenure and than it is determined that in year 5 that this teacher is doing a horrible job it is next to impossible to terminate that individual.

By most accounts Dr. Baumgartner is doing a good job. Tenure exists in part to protect people like her from the political whims of a BOE.

A since by your name you seem to be into reality, the reality is that an administrator or teacher, even with tenure, can be terminated as long as the case has been properly documented. Where did you ever hear "Do your job and do it well and you have nothing to be concerned about"?

Guest Guest

Sports are more important than academics? PLEASE!!!! You couldn't be more wrong. While academics and discipline is a mess, nothing is worse than sports at the High School right now. Kearny High School used tobe a great school, it is a disaster right now. The only thing the current administration cares about is their money and retirement packages.

Sports at the High School is a joke. that is why so many kids are leaving for private high schools if they are good at a sport, so they have a shot at a scholarship, of which there is virtually no shot at KHS

I disagree with the tenure statement. If this was true, why was the Franklin School pirncipal kept on as well as the other VPs who do not have tenure. This has to do with politics as usual, just a different cast of characters. Dr. Baumgartner came to a school where sports are more important than academics. She tried to change this but it doesn't happen overnight. She did not have support of her VPs because they are threatened by an intelligent woman.