SHARED SERVICES

Guest GUEST

Guest GUEST

The great and no nonsense Governor Christie has wisely decided that the future of Police and Fire services will be geographically shared services. This will present no problem to the Police in Harrison and Kearny. However, I see an opportunity for substantial savings in the cost of fire service. There are currently about 130 firechildren in these combined towns with a budget close to what rivals that of just Newark. The fireladies should work 5 eight hour days which could effectively cut the budget in half as well as cut the response times in half. Having approximately 80 fireman TOTAL would save MILLION$ in tax money and the service would actually improve. The one to one supervisor to firemen ratio is a broken toy. Let's fix it now and move forward and see the success.

Guest Guest

I read an article and saw a picture of firemen at an alleged fire on Kearny Ave in the Jersey Journal. The article stated that Kearny firemen saved several lives. In retrospect, as I continued to read the article, it clearly stated that the building was abandoned and in fact no one had occupied the building for several years. Could the KFD please explain how they saved several people's lives if in fact no one was in the building to begin with? This is the very evolution of a fire department's imaginary, untrue tall tale, as is often the fact in Harrison as well. Keep saving those imaginary lives.

Guest Kearny Senior

I read an article and saw a picture of firemen at an alleged fire on Kearny Ave in the Jersey Journal. The article stated that Kearny firemen saved several lives. In retrospect, as I continued to read the article, it clearly stated that the building was abandoned and in fact no one had occupied the building for several years. Could the KFD please explain how they saved several people's lives if in fact no one was in the building to begin with? This is the very evolution of a fire department's imaginary, untrue tall tale, as is often the fact in Harrison as well. Keep saving those imaginary lives.

In retrospect ?? Barney, don't try to act smart it doesn't suit you.

There wasn't an abandoned building fire on Kearny Ave in the past few years at the very least... if you are talking about the one last week then it was occupied. In fact the fire was started by candels the resident had left lit.

The great and no nonsense Governor Christie has wisely decided that the future of Police and Fire services will be geographically shared services. This will present no problem to the Police in Harrison and Kearny. However, I see an opportunity for substantial savings in the cost of fire service. There are currently about 130 firechildren in these combined towns with a budget close to what rivals that of just Newark. The fireladies should work 5 eight hour days which could effectively cut the budget in half as well as cut the response times in half. Having approximately 80 fireman TOTAL would save MILLION$ in tax money and the service would actually improve. The one to one supervisor to firemen ratio is a broken toy. Let's fix it now and move forward and see the success.

You do realize Newarks fire budget is over 64 million dollars a year???!!!!

Maybe you should do some research before posting.

Guest Kearny Senior

Don't expect too much from Barney, he's just a patrolman that can't get promoted.

Guest NUNYA

62.5M w/ 585 members strong, and that does NOT include the 75 additional hires they are getting w/ the grant they just acquired. The original poster is an idiot.. the only decent thing he wrote was 'shared services'... Harrison/Kearny/East Newark should jump on board with what North Hudson did and start the West Hudson Regional FD. This will eliminate the need for the abundance of chiefs/captains/officers/admins/etc and possibly begin a combo career/volunteer dept

Hmmmm, back again are we?

I see the memories of your past embarrasments have faded.

Just for the hell of it....which eight hours of the day do you feel need fire protection or better yet which 16 don't?

Oh and what two days of the week don't need any protection at all?

jus sayin

Guest Guest

I see how quickly you spit out Newark's budget and the guess of how the fire on Kearny Ave. started. Why didn't you discuss the mind-blowing salaries of the West Hudson fireman, the outrageous number of supervisors to the average underachieving fireman, the 80 day work year and Mercedes Benz benefit package. Thank the Lord I don't live in Hudson County because in my opinion the fireman structure is nothing but a corrupt service to fleece the people. Why don't the lot of losers publish the number of cowards at each position and the punishment the salaries these losers impose on the citizens. $100,000.00 to $175,000.00 each year is a disgrace for a part time job. At the rate these cowards are getting paid, you can count on substantial tax increases and the continually rising property taxes in a very unsafe town. Where was the 9/11 loser parade? This does NOT include civilians!

Guest Kearny Senior

Hmmmm, back again are we?

I see the memories of your past embarrasments have faded.

Just for the hell of it....which eight hours of the day do you feel need fire protection or better yet which 16 don't?

Oh and what two days of the week don't need any protection at all?

jus sayin

Barney must have failed the Sgt's exam again.

62.5M w/ 585 members strong, and that does NOT include the 75 additional hires they are getting w/ the grant they just acquired. The original poster is an idiot.. the only decent thing he wrote was 'shared services'... Harrison/Kearny/East Newark should jump on board with what North Hudson did and start the West Hudson Regional FD. This will eliminate the need for the abundance of chiefs/captains/officers/admins/etc and possibly begin a combo career/volunteer dept

Kearny's budget is 10.4 million for a department a little more then 1/6th the size... and Newarks last year total was over 64 million you may just be counting salaries.

Don't use Newark as a model, the grant you speak of they have f'ed up big time. They got the grant to hire 75 guys (they had to do it in 3 months) they only hired 25, still haven't even started the process for any more. They are loosing millions from the grant for not following the rules. They will not be hiring the full 75.

Guest Guest

Why is the KFD only answer to legitimate question is to call someone Barney. They cannot or rather WILL NOT answer a simple question as to operational procedures, manpower and what the salaries are at each position, and the ratio of Captains and higher ranks. What about the ratio of supervisors to lower level fireman. You will NEVER see that because the outrage of the people at the astronomical salaries and one supervisor per one fireman ratio, which is about correct . A shocking waste of money you would not believe. Print those facts tough guys and not the Barney crap. WHAT COWARDS!!!

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

Why is the KFD only answer to legitimate question is to call someone Barney. They cannot or rather WILL NOT answer a simple question as to operational procedures, manpower and what the salaries are at each position, and the ratio of Captains and higher ranks. What about the ratio of supervisors to lower level fireman. You will NEVER see that because the outrage of the people at the astronomical salaries and one supervisor per one fireman ratio, which is about correct . A shocking waste of money you would not believe. Print those facts tough guys and not the Barney crap. WHAT COWARDS!!!

We're not calling someone Barney, we're calling YOU Barney. Because you're a disgruntled cop that is extremely jealous of Kearny's Bravest. My guess is that you don't like your job, you failed the Sgt.'s exam and you wish you were a Kearny firefighter. So stuff your face with another donut while you vent your frustrations on your keyboard and dream about what you can't attain.

Do I really need to repeat myself?

All the information you require is a matter of public record and much of it is available on the web all YOU have to do is look and ask.

As far as the "Barney" name not once have I ever referred to ANYONE on this site as such, I dare you to prove me wrong, I have and contine to believe that the "Guest" poster is not and has never been a Police Officer I think to refer to him as such is an insult to all Police Officers and I have far too much respect for that profession to do so.

I find it interesting that someone who goes to such great lengths to remain faceless and nameless while disparaging so many would be comfortable using the word coward in referance to others, I believe the operative word here would be transferrance.

That cup of coffee is still waiting for you all you have to do is come on over.

jus sayin

Guest Guest

"Kearny Senior" is from Harrison, and is not a Kearny Firefighter..or ANY firefighter for that matter.. KFD and KPD get along pretty well, so why dont you take all of your divisive sh!t back to Harrison???

Guest guest

I see how quickly you spit out Newark's budget and the guess of how the fire on Kearny Ave. started. Why didn't you discuss the mind-blowing salaries of the West Hudson fireman, the outrageous number of supervisors to the average underachieving fireman, the 80 day work year and Mercedes Benz benefit package. Thank the Lord I don't live in Hudson County because in my opinion the fireman structure is nothing but a corrupt service to fleece the people. Why don't the lot of losers publish the number of cowards at each position and the punishment the salaries these losers impose on the citizens. $100,000.00 to $175,000.00 each year is a disgrace for a part time job. At the rate these cowards are getting paid, you can count on substantial tax increases and the continually rising property taxes in a very unsafe town. Where was the 9/11 loser parade? This does NOT include civilians!

You probably could have made a good point about shared services, but then you showed your a morn by thinking kearny firemen are making 100 -175k a year. Go check the app look ups of any kearny fireman and tell me how many firefighers are making 100k a year. Your a typical internet tough guy. And by the way, these insanely good health benefits aren't all you and the media makes them out to be. Not to mention firemen are paying towards their health care costs.

Guest NUNYA

Kearny's budget is 10.4 million for a department a little more then 1/6th the size... and Newarks last year total was over 64 million you may just be counting salaries.

Don't use Newark as a model, the grant you speak of they have f'ed up big time. They got the grant to hire 75 guys (they had to do it in 3 months) they only hired 25, still haven't even started the process for any more. They are loosing millions from the grant for not following the rules. They will not be hiring the full 75.

64.3M was the 2011 budget, 2012 is 62.5M ; https://ndex.ci.newa...RE%20BUDGET.pdf ... I know they F'd up the grant, big time!!!!... I know someone very very well that was affected by that screw up...

64.3M was the 2011 budget, 2012 is 62.5M ; https://ndex.ci.newa...RE%20BUDGET.pdf ... I know they F'd up the grant, big time!!!!... I know someone very very well that was affected by that screw up...

Both Kearny and Newarks 2012 budgets are only proposed. Neither has passed yet. So I did use the 2011 numbers to compare.