KHS Band & Cheerleaders left in the cold

Guest Town Watch

Guest Town Watch

For the amount of money we pay our High School adminstrators can't they at least get the BUSES STRAIGHT when it comes to transporting our Band and Cheerleaders to the Football Game. These kids got dressed and waited from 5:00 pm till 8:00 pm in hoping to go to the game only to be told that there was no bus coming and to go home. This is a total disgrace and someone dropped the ball on this and there should be an inqiury into who screwed this up and hopefully the Board of Education will take action in holding the Adminstration accountable for this simple task of having BUSES to transport our kids to these games.

For the amount of money we pay our High School adminstrators can't they at least get the BUSES STRAIGHT when it comes to transporting our Band and Cheerleaders to the Football Game. These kids got dressed and waited from 5:00 pm till 8:00 pm in hoping to go to the game only to be told that there was no bus coming and to go home. This is a total disgrace and someone dropped the ball on this and there should be an inqiury into who screwed this up and hopefully the Board of Education will take action in holding the Adminstration accountable for this simple task of having BUSES to transport our kids to these games.

Wow! If this is true, that's really a shame and yes, someone should be held responsible. :unsure:

Guest Come to BOE Meeting

If you are the "Town Watch" than you should know the BOE meets on the 3rd Monday of every month. Instead of typing away on this site, how about coming to a BOE meeting and speaking your piece? The Board is a "new" friendlier board and there are no more secrets. They will actually listen to your concerns and give you a straight answer. If they don't have the answer they will get it for you and report back. As for the buses, there are no BOE employees at fault, the buses were ordered and the bus company screwed up and did not send any. The only people to hold accountable is the bus company.

Guest Senior Citizen

HUMMMMMM why don't they use the senior citizen busses to transport theese kids. Years ago they used them to transport police to their training, they used them to transport the teams to games (my son one of them) I even remember them being in the parade with seniors on them, wouldn't this be a lot cheaper with a few hours over time verses standing in the cold for no show busses and the added expense of a bus company? DUHHHHHH

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FOB (Father of Band)

There were over 75 band members and about 20 cheerleaders needing a bus. The bid for the bus went to a non-local company that could not fix the mistake, that was made by the bus company, at 5PM in the evening. Local buses might be the answer or watch and see how many mistakes are made by this "new" to us bus company. I think the bus company is called Student First. I dont know if the savings for this bus company is worth: older buses, missing buses and drivers that wont follow each other so the student all get there together. YES! my kid was standing on the side of the road waiting for the bus, I didnt just write and complain, I got the facts and am waiting to see how the rest of the year goes.