greatful

Guest guest

all i read on harrison posts are a bunch of people always complaining about the same old stuff. why don't you write about the positive sometime you all sound like a bunch of miserable aholes.

Guest BlueTideBacker

all i read on harrison posts are a bunch of people always complaining about the same old stuff. why don't you write about the positive sometime you all sound like a bunch of miserable aholes.

"greatful" from Kearny should have payed attention in English class. The spelling is "grateful".

that means they would have to say something nice about someone

"greatful" from Kearny should have payed attention in English class. The spelling is "grateful".

Yes, he should have "payed" attention. Maybe you should have too. The spelling is "paid"

that is exactly what was trying to be said harrisonians always try to find something wrong why don't you all just get a little more friendly and not be so negative

Guest BlueTideBacker

Yes, he should have "payed" attention. Maybe you should have too. The spelling is "paid"

"paid" and "payed" are both acceptable according to Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary. And I did pay attention.

"paid" and "payed" are both acceptable according to Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary. And I did pay attention.

It's really sad that you felt it more important to be the grammar and spelling police rather than to make an intelligent comment on the content of the original post. You actually validated the point that was being made.

While "payed" may appear in the dictionary, it is not proper usage. Quotes from the web: "If you paid attention in school, you know that the past tense of “pay” is “paid” except in the special sense that has to do with ropes: “He payed out the line to the smuggler in the rowboat.” and "Often used by people who have no grasp of the English language. The correct spelling is "Paid", which is of course the past tense of the word "Pay"."

How ironic.

Guest BlueTideBacker

It's really sad that you felt it more important to be the grammar and spelling police rather than to make an intelligent comment on the content of the original post. You actually validated the point that was being made.

While "payed" may appear in the dictionary, it is not proper usage. Quotes from the web: "If you paid attention in school, you know that the past tense of “pay” is “paid” except in the special sense that has to do with ropes: “He payed out the line to the smuggler in the rowboat.” and "Often used by people who have no grasp of the English language. The correct spelling is "Paid", which is of course the past tense of the word "Pay"."

How ironic.

Sorry Charlie, wrong again. "Payed" may not be as common as "paid" but if it's in the dictionary it's proper or appropriate usage. And as far as irony is concerned, your sadness over my pointing out a clearly misused word must be deepened by your own failed "grammar police" attempts to equate a

properly used word with a clearly misused one.

Sorry Charlie, wrong again. "Payed" may not be as common as "paid" but if it's in the dictionary it's proper or appropriate usage. And as far as irony is concerned, your sadness over my pointing out a clearly misused word must be deepened by your own failed "grammar police" attempts to equate a

properly used word with a clearly misused one.

Wow, you missed the whole point of what he was saying. You just don't get it at all.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Wow, you missed the whole point of what he was saying. You just don't get it at all.

No Charlie, I got it. And pretending to be someone else agreeing with you is dumb.