Tax Bill

Guest HudsonLifer

Guest HudsonLifer

Like many residents i recieved my quarterly tax bill and was quite suprised. My taxes again went up!!! What is going on? I made a few calls to the town and was told that this was just an estimation and that by years end they may go up farther. Again, how can this be? I thought last year the town was budget cutting and found ways to save money. I was at the town meeting when the town employees, cops and firemen gave back considerable sums to help keep taxes down. Did someone fall asleep at the wheel and lose more of our taxpayer money? What has this town done to keep up their end of the bargain? I know some of our services were cut, so I must ask. Where are the savings? I have lived in Kearny for almost 30 years and this town is in worse condition that i can bare to remember, but yet I am paying more and more taxes and getting less back in return. Hopefully someone can help fill me in on what is going on here.

Guest Resign

Taxes continue to raise because there is no one watching the money. This Mayor spent count-less dollars on a phantom train station who continue's to pay Police 100,000 thousand dollars a year for a job that could be done by private individuals making 45,000 a year. The Town is mis-managed by arrogance and greed. Can you grasp that the Mayor wants elderly individuals who are on SSI and who make 9,000 a year to pay 8,000 a year on taxes and scrape 6 quarters together to by a pint of milk. Time to make the Garbage volunteer pick up a slash the Police and Fire by 50 % Hire private industry to replace those who the tax payer can no longer afford. Mayor you should understand you really lost control of your Police and Fire contracts. This is a corporation and for them to work with state or federal authoritys is illegal under corporate law. Peddeling influence is still a crime