High School Track Used for Parking Lot

Guest Disappointed on Devon

They're using the new track in the high school stadium on the King Street side as a parking lot for teachers and administrators. I counted 16 parked cars there this morning. How sad, destroying a million dollar track because teachers don't want to park a block away. Why did the BOE authorize this?

What's next, turning the front lawn of the school into an asphalt parking lot?

They're using the new track in the high school stadium on the King Street side as a parking lot for teachers and administrators. I counted 16 parked cars there this morning. How sad, destroying a million dollar track because teachers don't want to park a block away. Why did the BOE authorize this?

What's next, turning the front lawn of the school into an asphalt parking lot?

Capital idea!

In case you haven't noticed there is major construction going on at the school. Room for this is required.

The teachers and administrators are parking their cars on the track. Are they the ones repointing the brick on the building?

Why would anyone, workers included, be allowed to park vehicles on a new track?

What is really disgusting, is the amount of trash that the kids leave behind on Devon Street and the surrounding streets of the high school. During the summer months, streets are find, but as soon as September rolls around garbage from them litters the side walks and streets.

The teachers and administrators are parking their cars on the track. Are they the ones repointing the brick on the building?

track isn't new

Is the track even new? I know the turf is semi-new, but I think the track has been the same. Also, the custodians have been driving on the track for years to that shed/ware house thing on the side of the track.

Cool story, bro. Make sure you complain when they start parking in front of your house again. Cause, ya know, you just want to complain!

Guest guestimate

Is the track even new? I know the turf is semi-new, but I think the track has been the same. Also, the custodians have been driving on the track for years to that shed/ware house thing on the side of the track.

Track is newer than the turf.

Cool story, bro. Make sure you complain when they start parking in front of your house again. Cause, ya know, you just want to complain!

And you just want to write everything off as if nothing matters except your causes. Get back in the basement ko. When you start paying property taxes in Kearny then you can have a say.

And you just want to write everything off as if nothing matters except your causes. Get back in the basement ko. When you start paying property taxes in Kearny then you can have a say.

I told you before. I live in the ATTIC.

• 4 weeks later...

Capital idea!

I agree the front should be a head on parking for the teachers.Do you realy think the costodians want to cut that grass .If the town put some lines on King street so the people that live around there learn how to park and not take up two spots there wouldn't be such a problem. Have some consideration.

I agree the front should be a head on parking for the teachers.Do you realy think the costodians want to cut that grass .If the town put some lines on King street so the people that live around there learn how to park and not take up two spots there wouldn't be such a problem. Have some consideration.

Agreed with the lines for parking spots. Sick of driving around looking for parking and seeing people taking up 2-3 spots.

The turf is considered old, it is now 8 years being played on and it is WAY overused, it will need to be redone shortly. The track is being ruined by all the vehicles on it, and that track is not new and already needed to be patched up due to an installation problem by the home side benches

• 4 months later...
Guest Frustrated on Forest

Why are the maintenance guys allowed to go in and out 50 times a day, over and over the track and park (2) BOE trucks by the old concession stand every night? The area of the track that is shot is by where they park these (2) trucks every day. Hello...........wear and tear from driving on the same spot every day!!!!! No brainer, who is in charge of these idiots?The field house is like their club house, they hang out there most of the day. Keep all vehicles off the track....period, unless there is a delivery being made and there is no choice to drive on the track., but not every day and not in and out and not parking vehicles there EVERY day. Use some sense.