Police Shootings

Guest Guest

Guest GUEST 51
Listen, not one person besides him and the two officers know what happened that day. No one else was there. (At least no one from these boards) We all know the officer and if you believe for a second that he EXECUTED this individual then you are off your rocker. I only agree that the subject should be dropped.

I agree with You 100% ....Drop it leave both these families alone..It is over and done with and nothing can change it....this officer did not mean to kill this guy and anyone who thinks so is NUTS....

Sorry Bud, you got your facts way wrong.  The officers were interviewed seperately, per AG guidelines

First, the only thing the victim was guilty of was driving with out a license. The Officers engaged in a chase after the victim took off from in front of Supor's building on Harrison Ave. They knew who he was and there was no need to engage in a high speed chase. They could have merely mailed him a summons. Second, after the victims car lost control on the ramp leading to 280 in S. Kearny, it hit the curb and broke its front axle. It was immdeidately surrounded by 3 Partol cars. One in back and one on each side. It couldn't go anywhere. 1 Officer reached in to turn off the ignition, and his arm was cought in the drivers window. He yelled for help, and then 2 shots were fired by the other officer. One missed and hit an iron bar and the other struck the victim causing his demise. The HP Prosectors Office was notified and responded to investigate.

Could this all been avoided? In my opinion, yes. Read over the first 4 sentences.

Listen, not one person besides him and the two officers know what happened that day. No one else was there. (At least no one from these boards) We all know the officer and if you believe for a second that he EXECUTED this individual then you are off your rocker. I only agree that the subject should be dropped.

Wrong again, there were 3 officers involved. The 3rd. Officer pulled up behind the victimscar blocking his escape. He soon left the HPD after the incident.

Wrong again, there were 3 officers involved. The 3rd. Officer pulled up behind the victimscar blocking his escape. He soon left the HPD after the incident.

Wrong again...this so man being pulled over for a minor infraction was the result of a call from the Kingsford Charcoal company reporting a robbery in progress not that he was driving without a valid NJ license. I will give you one thing though...the cops did know him as did most people in the town and it wasn't because he was a kind, generous, upstanding citizen. Now drop it!

First, the only thing the victim was guilty of was driving with out a license. The Officers engaged in a chase after the victim took off from in front of Supor's building on Harrison Ave. They knew who he was and there was no need to engage in a high speed chase. They could have merely mailed him a summons. Second, after the victims car lost control on the ramp leading to 280 in S. Kearny, it hit the curb and broke its front axle. It was immdeidately surrounded by 3 Partol cars. One in back and one on each side. It couldn't go anywhere. 1 Officer reached in to turn off the ignition, and his arm was cought in the drivers window. He yelled for help, and then 2 shots were fired by the other officer. One missed and hit an iron bar and the other struck the victim causing his demise. The HP Prosectors Office was notified and responded to investigate.

Could this all been avoided? In my opinion, yes. Read over the first 4 sentences.

The first sentence is partially correct. I believe there was als a burglary he was fleeing from. Anyways, HCPO investigated, as you said, and cleared all. END OF DISCUSSION. Its a shame it happened but it did. But don't blame the officers.

Guest Guest===
Wrong again...this so man being pulled over for a minor infraction was the result of a call from the Kingsford Charcoal company reporting a robbery in progress not that he was driving without a valid NJ license.  I will give you one thing though...the cops did know him as did most people in the town and it wasn't because he was a kind, generous, upstanding citizen.  Now drop it!

This is the true answer to what happened. And This Guys kids are doing well and also hung out at the officers house shortly after this happened ......

I only agree that more intensive firearm training should take place. Besides that, I think you should drop dead but before you do, look at the situations and how they differ. Just because a fire arm was fired doesn't make the New York shooting anything like the Harrison one.

RIP-Steve.

Wrong again...this so man being pulled over for a minor infraction was the result of a call from the Kingsford Charcoal company reporting a robbery in progress not that he was driving without a valid NJ license.  I will give you one thing though...the cops did know him as did most people in the town and it wasn't because he was a kind, generous, upstanding citizen.  Now drop it!

Learn the proper terminology before you post. There was no robbery-there was a report of a suspicious vehicle. No contraband was found in the car- what was he going to steal-a bag of charcoal?

Learn the proper terminology before you post. There was no robbery-there was a report of a suspicious vehicle. No contraband was found in the car- what was he going to steal-a bag of charcoal?

Who knows. But one thing's for certain, he was dragging an officer under his car and the other officer had the presence of mind to shoot the driver after all other options were exhausted. These guys were doing their jobs, and they did it correctly. I'm not going to bash Steve here, but the officers did nothing wrong. It was just a very unfortunate situation that nobody wanted to happen but it did. They shouldn't regret doing it, but I'm sure they regret HAVING to do it.

All everyone wants to do is find fault with the cops here. They don't shoot 51 times or shove plungers up guys asses. They do their job, and sometimes that means LAWFULLY taking someone's life.

• 3 weeks later...
Who knows.  But one thing's for certain, he was dragging an officer under his car and the other officer had the presence of mind to shoot the driver after all other options were exhausted.  These guys were doing their jobs, and they did it correctly.  I'm not going to bash Steve here, but the officers did nothing wrong.  It was just a very unfortunate situation that nobody wanted to happen but it did.  They shouldn't regret doing it, but I'm sure they regret HAVING to do it.

All everyone wants to do is find fault with the cops here.  They don't shoot 51 times or shove plungers up guys asses.  They do their job, and sometimes that means LAWFULLY taking someone's life.

yEA, HE WAS LUCKY HE DIDN'T HIT THE OFFICER WHO ALLEDGEDLY WAS BEING DRAGGED, CAUSE HE WAS IN THE LINE OF FIRE. cHECK THE OFFICERS INJURIES?