Media Bias

Guest Loki

Guest Patriot
As much as I disagree with Patriot on almost everything, he's right this time. Although it was a terrible thing, the internment of Japanese citizens was deemed appropriate at the time. I don't think it was racism as much as fear and ignorance. If the Nazis had attacked the US they would in all probability done the same thing and we did in fact arrest many Germans. Of course they were considered spies but I'm sure that not all of them were. Looking at it this way, on 9/10/01 we looked at middle eastern people differently than we did on 9/12/01 and still do. I don't think it's necessarily racist, but mis-trust and ignorance. I don't mean ignorance in a bad way but we don't care or take the time to understand different cultures.

There may be hope for you yet. The first step in your recovery is to admit you were wrong, which you've done. Now if you go cold-turkey; lay off the Kool-aid and start watching Bill O'Reilly, you may be rehabilitated. I would also recommend you read the book "Culture Warrior". Some day soon you may be able to call yourself a Republican.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I disagree with Patriot on almost everything, he's right this time. Although it was a terrible thing, the internment of Japanese citizens was deemed appropriate at the time. I don't think it was racism as much as fear and ignorance. 

I think you need to re-evaluate. It WAS NOT Japanese citizens, it was AMERICAN citizens.

There may be hope for you yet. The first step in your recovery is to admit you were wrong, which you've done.  Now if you go cold-turkey; lay off the Kool-aid and start watching Bill O'Reilly, you may be rehabilitated. I would also recommend you read the book "Culture Warrior".  Some day soon you may be able to call yourself a Republican.

Well PatRat, if nothng else tou prove the old saying:

"Once an A**HOLE, ALWAYS an A**HOLE.

Guest a proud american
There may be hope for you yet. The first step in your recovery is to admit you were wrong, which you've done.  Now if you go cold-turkey; lay off the Kool-aid and start watching Bill O'Reilly, you may be rehabilitated. I would also recommend you read the book "Culture Warrior".  Some day soon you may be able to call yourself a Republican.

Patriot my friend, I was not admitting I was wrong but agreeing with you with regards to the Japanese intenment caps. As far as O'Reilly is concerned no serious person could ever take what he says except with a grain of salt. His former employer was one of those rag shows, I think Inside Edition. As a journal;ist his credential are nil and reading any of his trash does nothing but give people who think like him validity. I read books written by disinterested authors who have no ax to grind with either side except to tell the truth. And as far as becoming a Republican again, as long as the party is run by the likes of Bush, Falwell, Dobson et el forget it. That dog won't hunt.

Guest Patriot
Patriot my friend, I was not admitting I was wrong but agreeing with you with regards to the Japanese intenment caps. As far as O'Reilly is concerned no serious person could ever take what he says except with a grain of salt. His former employer was one of those rag shows, I think Inside Edition. As a journal;ist his credential are nil and reading any of his trash does nothing but give people who think like him validity. I read books written by disinterested authors who have no ax to grind with either side except to tell the truth. And as far as becoming a Republican again, as long as the party is run by the likes of Bush, Falwell, Dobson et el forget it. That dog won't hunt.

Bill O'Reilly's "The O'Reilly Factor" is cable's top rated news program. Fox has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC put together, by a large margin. Obviously there's a few people out there that don't agree with you.

Guest a proud american
Bill  O'Reilly's "The O'Reilly Factor" is cable's top rated news program. Fox has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC put together, by a large margin. Obviously there's a few people out there that don't agree with you.

Actually, we discussed this topic a couple of weeks ago. But in case you missed it, Keith Olberman consistantly beats the O'Reilly factor in the ratings albeit by a small percentage. As for fox news, I don't have any problem with them except for the slanted shows that they put on at night. Whether you are a liberal or conservative consistently watching one network is fine but you cannot reach an intelligent conclusion without hearing different stations. The problem with Fox is that they do the very thing you criticize about the liberal media. They call themselves fair and balanced yet how many conservatives and how many liberals do they actually have on their shows? The percentage of conservatives is in the 93% range which even you would have to admit is not fair and balanced. I don't watch that much of CNN but do watch MSNBC for their content and they are fair and balanced. Look at who they have on their shows repeatedly every day. Pat Buchanan, Joe Scarborough, Tucker Carlson, Chris Matthews, Don Imus. These people are not by any stretch liberal but always have guests who offer opposite opinions. I also listen to a conservative talk show on the radio, but the host doesn't yell and call people names. When he disagrees with a caller he treats them with respect which is what a program should be about. And he's not afraid to criticize both parties and in fact does it all the time. Thats fair and balanced.

Guest Patriot
Actually, we discussed this topic a couple of weeks ago. But in case you missed it, Keith Olberman consistantly beats the O'Reilly factor in the ratings albeit by a small percentage. As for fox news, I don't have any problem with them except for the slanted shows that they put on at night. Whether you are a liberal or conservative consistently watching one network is fine but you cannot reach an intelligent conclusion without hearing different stations. The problem with Fox is that they do the very thing you criticize about the liberal media. They call themselves fair and balanced yet how many conservatives and how many liberals do they actually have on their shows? The percentage of conservatives is in the 93% range which even you would have to admit is not fair and balanced. I don't watch that much of CNN but do watch MSNBC for their content and they are fair and balanced. Look at who they have on their shows repeatedly every day. Pat Buchanan, Joe Scarborough, Tucker Carlson, Chris Matthews, Don Imus. These people are not by any stretch liberal but always have guests who offer opposite opinions. I also listen to a conservative talk show on the radio, but the host doesn't yell and call people names. When he disagrees with a caller he treats them with respect which is what a program should be about. And he's not afraid to criticize both parties and in fact does it all the time. Thats fair and balanced.

It's laughable how misinformed you are. That's the danger in getting all your data from left wing bloggers. Bill O'Reilly is the #1 newsman on cable, Olberman is not even on the radar screen. And you watch MSNBC ?? They're a distant third behind CNN, they get something like 10% of the cable news audience. And where in the world did you come up with 93 % conservative guests ?? I watch Fox every day, whenever there's a political discussion on The Factor, O'Reilly will have both a liberal and conservative guest. I have never seen just a conservative point of view presented. I enjoy debating you but if you continue to try to pass off rediculous garbage as facts, I'm wasting my time.

Guest a proud american
It's laughable how misinformed you are. That's the danger in getting all your data from left wing bloggers.  Bill O'Reilly is the #1 newsman on cable, Olberman is not even on the radar screen.  And you watch MSNBC ??  They're a distant third behind CNN, they get something like 10% of the cable news audience.  And where in the world did you come up with 93 % conservative guests ??  I watch Fox every day, whenever there's a political discussion on The Factor, O'Reilly will have both a liberal and conservative guest. I have never seen just a conservative point of view presented.  I enjoy debating you but if you continue to try to pass off rediculous garbage as facts, I'm wasting my time.

If you contact the fine people at Arbitron, these are the ones who actually do the ratings, you will find the results. As far as MSNBC is concerned, whether 10% or 80% watch it, I find their programming to be much better. And as far as the Fox content, the statistics come from the independent news ratings services. I am sorry if you gbelieve that facts that don't agree with you are ridiculous, but I don't rate the shows Indepoendent Companies do so your beef is with them.

Guest Patriot
Were you always an idiot or do you blame FOX for making you one?

I CREDIT Fox for their fair and balanced presentation of the news. For too long the network news outlets, CBS,NBC and ABC, have had the minds of the viewers, presenting their left wing liberal agenda without any competition. The reason Fox is #1 is people are now aware of the liberal agendas on CNN, MSNBC and the network news are are rejecting that garbage.

Guest a proud american
Were you always an idiot or do you blame FOX for making you one?

Actually there is nothing wrong with watching Fox News. You just aren't going to get fair and balanced opinion from them. Check out MSNBC for a few days and see if their content is as good as Fox News.

Guest BushBacker
Actually there is nothing wrong with watching Fox News. You just aren't going to get fair and balanced opinion from them. Check out MSNBC for a few days and see if their content is as good as Fox News.

Hmmmm, It's curious that you use the words "fair and balanced". That happens to be Fox's logo. Are you a closet Fox fan ??

I  CREDIT Fox for their fair and balanced presentation of the news.  For too long the network news outlets, CBS,NBC and ABC, have had the minds of the viewers, presenting their left wing liberal agenda without any competition.  The reason Fox is #1  is people are now aware of the liberal agendas on CNN, MSNBC and the network news are are rejecting that garbage.

But YOU have also demonstrated yourself to be a LIAR and delusional.

FOX is #1 where--comedy series?

ALL news is right wing biased, and FOX is extremelly right wing biased.

except for the daily show, even though they are a comedy show, their news is more informative then anything else on TV. They dont really even have to do much these days, Just repeat what the republicans say while trying not to laugh and you have a comedy show right there.

The Internet travels in TUBES!

Your retarded, FOX NEWS (I hesitate to call it that), is absolute garbage. You think that O'Reily is the number one rated show? Is that what he told you? (BTW, a lot of poeple watch, just so they can laugh at the crap that he says).

ALL news is right wing biased, and FOX is extremelly right wing biased.

except for the daily show, even though they are a comedy show, their news is more informative then anything else on TV.  They dont really even have to do much these days, Just repeat what the republicans say while trying not to laugh and you have a comedy show right there.

The Internet travels in TUBES!

Question: Exactly how long did it take to build this world that you live in?