Media Bias

Guest Loki

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're still waiting because you get all your news from left wing bloggers.  Switch over to Fox and be enlightened.

I said I've been waiting to hear a PLAN, NOT more cheesy meaningless sound-bites

Pull your head out of your butt and be enlightened.

I don't know why you would have a problem with this, after all, this round-up was ordered by a defeatocratic president ,  FDR.

You're the idiot who seems to think right or wrong is determined by party affiliation. Don't try to put your stupidity on others, just stick with your own dekusional, lying exixtence.

I never said they weren't imprisoned, I said that it was wrong.  (You could go back and re-read it, its there.)  But, that doesn't make it Nazi like.  You're talking about mass murderers.  You'll forgive me if I fail to make the connection between internment and murder.

Presumed guilt for NO OTHER REASON than heritage is MOST definitely Nazi like as are leaders presuming to make law as they see fit. And......not all Nazi prisoners were murdered, many were in labor camps. And no, I don't forgive your lack of respect for American principals.

You're still waiting because you get all your news from left wing bloggers.  Switch over to Fox and be enlightened.

Apparently the plan is to create a higher level of terror amongst Iraqi civilians than Saddam was able to mangae and to place the US in greater danger of terrorist attack. Nice work cowboy!

I never said they weren't imprisoned, I said that it was wrong.  (You could go back and re-read it, its there.)  But, that doesn't make it Nazi like.  You're talking about mass murderers.  You'll forgive me if I fail to make the connection between internment and murder.

Imprisoning people strictly for their ethnicity is NOT Nazi like? You have a very poor understanding of history. The crime in Nazi eyes was not being like them, murder may have been the punishment but the crime was still not being like them.

Mass murder was an action, not a belief system.

I equate Nazism to tunnel-visioned intolerance and racism among other things.

The imprisoment of AMERICAN-CITIZENS by the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT for race certainly fits that criteria.

Presumed guilt for NO OTHER REASON than heritage is MOST definitely Nazi like as are leaders presuming to make law as they see fit.  And......not all Nazi prisoners were murdered, many were in labor camps.  And no, I don't forgive your lack of respect for American principals.

Did you mean principles???

Guest Patriot
Presumed guilt for NO OTHER REASON than heritage is MOST definitely Nazi like as are leaders presuming to make law as they see fit.  And......not all Nazi prisoners were murdered, many were in labor camps.  And no, I don't forgive your lack of respect for American principals.

"Not all Nazi prisoners were murdered" ??? Now you're sticking up for the Nazis ??? First you stick up for the terrorists that filmed an american soldier being murdered which CNN aired, and now the Nazis weren't that bad because they didn't murder everyone . That's a twisted mind you have, must be the Kool-aid.

Guest Patriot
Mass murder was an action, not a belief system.

I equate Nazism to tunnel-visioned intolerance and racism among other things.

The imprisoment of AMERICAN-CITIZENS by the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT for race certainly fits that criteria.

"Tunnel vision" ?? By not recognizing that the confinement of Japanese-Americans in WW2 was prompted by the attack on Pearl Harbor is tunnel vision.

After the attack, it was feared that some or many of the Japanese living in Cal. were spys. In that context, it was prudent to confine them. Unfortunate but necessary.

"Tunnel vision"  ??  By not recognizing that the confinement of Japanese-Americans in WW2 was prompted by the attack on Pearl Harbor is tunnel vision.

After the attack, it was feared that some or many of the Japanese living in Cal. were spys. In that context, it was prudent to confine them. Unfortunate but necessary.

YOU are truly an idiot as you completely miss the point!

It was racism, pure and simple, although there were a few you didn't see German-Americans or Italian-Americans rounded up and locked away.

Racism is a standout characteristic of Nazi-like behavior.

Did you mean principles???

Yes I did. And saying you had a lack of respect for American principles was uncalled for and I'll take a mea culpa, I apologize. I was a little upset viewing the siruation in Iraq, I don't think it's headed in the right direction.

"Not all Nazi prisoners were murdered"  ???  Now you're sticking up for the Nazis ???  First you stick up for the terrorists that filmed an american soldier being murdered which CNN aired, and now the Nazis weren't that bad because they didn't murder everyone .  That's a twisted mind you have, must be the Kool-aid.

You know, I'd really like to have a reasoned debate but YOU are a LIAR, an IDIOT, and have little knowledge of or appreciation of history.

IT IS A FACT THAT NOT ALL NAZI PRISONERS WERE MURDERED AND YOU EQUATE THAT WITH DEFENDING THE NAZIS!

PURE AND SIMPLE! YOU! YOU ARE A DAMN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BushBacker
You know,  I'd really like to have a reasoned debate but YOU are a LIAR, an IDIOT, and have little knowledge of or appreciation of history.

IT IS A FACT THAT NOT ALL NAZI PRISONERS WERE MURDERED AND YOU EQUATE THAT WITH DEFENDING THE NAZIS!

PURE AND SIMPLE!  YOU!  YOU ARE A DAMN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You pointed out that all Nazi prisoners weren't murdered like that's a redeeming quality of the Nazis. Yeah, you're right. They weren't so bad after all.

Guest Patriot
YOU are truly an idiot as you completely miss the point!

It was racism, pure and simple, although there were a few you didn't see German-Americans or Italian-Americans rounded up and locked away.

Racism is a standout characteristic of Nazi-like behavior.

So in your Kool-aid infused mind you believe that the internment of japanese right after 12/7 was a coincidence, the attack had nothing to do with it, it was racism pure and simple. I guess FDR hated japs and was just waiting for a reason to abuse them. If you don't recognize how bizarre that theory is, you're beyond help.

Guest Concerned Citizen
So in your Kool-aid infused mind you believe that the internment of japanese right after 12/7 was a coincidence, the attack had nothing to do with it, it was racism pure and simple. I guess FDR hated japs and was just waiting for a reason to abuse them.  If you don't recognize how bizarre that theory is, you're beyond help.

You're absolutely right. The proof is this: If 12/7 hadn't occured, no Japanese-Americans would ever have been interred. So where's the racism .

You're absolutely right.  The proof is this:  If 12/7 hadn't occured, no Japanese-Americans would ever have been interred. So where's the racism .

If you can't figure that out or understand where the racism is YOU are even a dumber idiot than you've so far led us to believe.

Maybe since we were attacked by a bunch of dummies we should lock YOU up, you certainly qualify.

You're absolutely right.  The proof is this:  If 12/7 hadn't occured, no Japanese-Americans would ever have been interred. So where's the racism .

Just about any reasonably intelligent person is able to understand that when people are treated differentlt solely based on race, THAT is by definition-----------------racism.

American citizens were imprisoned solely because of their race- and you ask "where's the racism?"?

What part of a simple concept is your little mind unable to understand?

Japanese living in Cal.?

They were AMERICAN CITIZENS you stupid wanker!

TRY to learn some FACTS BEFORE you treat us to another view of your ignorance!

So in your Kool-aid infused mind you believe that the internment of japanese right after 12/7 was a coincidence, the attack had nothing to do with it, it was racism pure and simple. I guess FDR hated japs and was just waiting for a reason to abuse them.  If you don't recognize how bizarre that theory is, you're beyond help.

In YOUR stupid mind you refer to the "internment of Japanese"

The FACT is that they were AMERICAN CITIZENS!

It would be a welcome change if someday you might post something that has a FACTUAL BASIS. or are you trying out for a spot on FOX where FACTS are avoided at all cost?

Guest BushBacker
In YOUR stupid mind you refer to the "internment of Japanese"

The FACT is that they were AMERICAN CITIZENS!

It would be a welcome change if someday you might post something that has a FACTUAL BASIS. or are you trying out for a spot on FOX where FACTS are avoided at all cost?

Have a little too much Kool-aid tonight ???

Guest a proud american
Have a little  too much Kool-aid tonight ???

As much as I disagree with Patriot on almost everything, he's right this time. Although it was a terrible thing, the internment of Japanese citizens was deemed appropriate at the time. I don't think it was racism as much as fear and ignorance. If the Nazis had attacked the US they would in all probability done the same thing and we did in fact arrest many Germans. Of course they were considered spies but I'm sure that not all of them were. Looking at it this way, on 9/10/01 we looked at middle eastern people differently than we did on 9/12/01 and still do. I don't think it's necessarily racist, but mis-trust and ignorance. I don't mean ignorance in a bad way but we don't care or take the time to understand different cultures.

As much as I disagree with Patriot on almost everything, he's right this time. Although it was a terrible thing, the internment of Japanese citizens was deemed appropriate at the time. I don't think it was racism as much as fear and ignorance. If the Nazis had attacked the US they would in all probability done the same thing and we did in fact arrest many Germans. Of course they were considered spies but I'm sure that not all of them were. Looking at it this way, on 9/10/01 we looked at middle eastern people differently than we did on 9/12/01 and still do. I don't think it's necessarily racist, but mis-trust and ignorance. I don't mean ignorance in a bad way but we don't care or take the time to understand different cultures.

Try talking to anyone of german extractioon that was in the US during and just after WWI, it was definitly NOT fashionable to be Deutsche. What is now Liberty St, was "Kaiser" st before WWI, and the "Empire" Biscutes that are sold in the Scottish bakeries were also called "Kaiser" biscuts pre-war. The simple fact is, that because the Japanese_americans were a tight community, it was believed, rightly or wrongly, that they were a security risk. the sad part is that VERY few Nisei were involved in espionage, compared to numbers of American Bund members who did, in fact collude with the nazis.