Salaries

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I was digging into NJ.COM a bit today and came across an article, with a graph, that stated that a firefighter in Harrison, NJ makes an average salary of 21% higher than any other place in the State of NJ. Why would that be? It also has way at the bottom of the number of fires one of the least in NJ. Anyone know why that would be such a huge discrepency?

Guest Harrison Senior

I was digging into NJ.COM a bit today and came across an article, with a graph, that stated that a firefighter in Harrison, NJ makes an average salary of 21% higher than any other place in the State of NJ. Why would that be? It also has way at the bottom of the number of fires one of the least in NJ. Anyone know why that would be such a huge discrepency?

Barney, I think the town should cut police salaries and give the money to the FD, I'd like to see that number aqround 30%.

Please share the link. Many other people would probably want to read it.

Weekends here again,lol.

Ok I'll bite how about posting that link so we all may read it?

My guess is that as with all your "articles" and "information" we'll never see the actual thing.

Wanna guess why?

Go ahead make me eat crow.

I dare you...

jus sayin

Guest Guest

You got it all wrongm big bad fireman douchebag. The 30% is the number you are going to see as in monetary terms is gonna to be your healthcare after the 4th of July. I am actually going out to see thefireworks this year. Happy 30%, or is it Happy 4th of July.

Guest Guest

For some unknown or unsolicited reason, a KEARNY fireman who calls himself Jus Sayin, monitors the other towns discussion boards for some need of attention. I realize that with both towns together, Kearny and Harrison, there is such a lack of necessity and work that the firemen are climbing the walls with nothing to do. The Fire Chiefs or Mayors should find something to do to make keep these guys busy, I don't know what, like keep a journal of their day or be given some little cars to ride around in to find some crime or powerwash the storefronts on Kearny and Harrison Ave.'s windows or whatever else someone can think of. Millions upon millions of dollars are being wasted on these guys who have NOTHING to do. What a shame. A great chunk of the towns money being given away for no reason other than what I can see is some in return. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but there must be some reason for this huge waste of the peoples money. I live in a town with a volunteer fire department and like two owns over there is a town with this big paid fire department that has not seen any more or any less action than the town I live in.

I cannot remember the last time that there has a been a fire other than someone burning some leaves or something. It is an affluent county and could have paid fd's if wanted but why pay for nothing. It doesn't make sense. The taxes in the town with the paid FD are about $3,000.00 more per property than I have. There is no sense to it, but thats their problem, not mine.