Racist rapper at white house

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

\ The rapper "Common" whose song lyrics include glorifing NJ Trooper murderer Joanne Chesmard is performing tonite at the white house for zerO. This is a serious mistake by zerO, this will cost him at the polls. Are there any Loonies left in Kearny that still support that POS.

Guest KPDBlue

\ The rapper "Common" whose song lyrics include glorifing NJ Trooper murderer Joanne Chesmard is performing tonite at the white house for zerO. This is a serious mistake by zerO, this will cost him at the polls. Are there any Loonies left in Kearny that still support that POS.

Once again This President shows his Disdain for the Police Profession.

First, the Cambridge Police "Acted Stupidly"...before he found out that in fact, it was his Professor Aquaintance who was 100% in the wrong...THEN to add insult to injury, he Blew off Police Memorial day..in his INAUGURAL YEAR to host some sports team. ATF and the DOJ (In other words, Attorney General Holder) Knowingly Allowed firearms to be purchased, that they knew were being sent to Mexican Cartels, which ultimately were used to Murder a DEA agent in Mexico, and a US Border patrol agent here in the US. Now, on the Night before the Nations Police Widows arrive in DC for Police Week, they decide to host this..Individual who Glorifies Scum like Joanne Chesimard, and Wesley Cook.

I Disagree with Patriot in that this will Harm the President in the polls however, Police have become the whipping boys and girls for the nation lately. But, this Administration has proven that it doesnt give a damn for Law Enforceemnt..despite the empty plattitudes they trot out to make soundbites.

Guest Tired of Fox news

Patriot,

I think your comments are laughable. But I rather a comedian make fun of Fox then you. But here a link that I think you'll enjoy about Common the hardcore rapper. :)

Guest Guest

He doesn't look like a racist to me.

Guest Proud American

Common has not advocated for the killing of police officers. He has written lyrics supportive of Black Panthers and Joanne Chesimard, who was convicted of killing a State Trooper.

I know you will argue that's the same thing. If so, then no Republican candidate for President should associate with white Southerners who salute a Confederacy flag or who celebrate their Civil War military heroes like Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. Because Davis and Lee supported slavery and owned slaves, celebrating them is supporting the dehumanization and killing of humans based on their race.

If you want a present day example, all you Republicans should be criticizing Sarah Palin for saying, "Don't retreat, reload." Using your logic regarding Common, then Palin's words contributed to the shooting in Tuscon, which resulted in the killing of a federal judge and severely injuring a member of Congress.

Guest Guest

It is no mistake that the President is much more on the side of the Cop haters and killers than anyone thinks. How does he go from making nothing to $11.8 million in the second term? Did Snoop and Dre drop some grip on him? $400,000.00 to 11.8 million I heard from some black senator this morning in income. If Bernie Madoff was legit he couldn't even do it. Over a 30% return after taxes in this economy? Amazing!! Who is his broker? Must be Jackson Hewitt and their resourcefull accounting. Where is the shared pain and transparency. Michelle says the've been blessed. Bless me please. The lot he bought next to his D.C. home is valued at $1.7 million but Bill Ayers (weather underground cop killer advocates) sold it to him for $400,00.00. Good discount. Such a deal. His closest neighbor is Louis Farrakahn. Just like a good neighbor, state farm is there.

Guest Guest

Common has not advocated for the killing of police officers. He has written lyrics supportive of Black Panthers and Joanne Chesimard, who was convicted of killing a State Trooper.

I know you will argue that's the same thing. If so, then no Republican candidate for President should associate with white Southerners who salute a Confederacy flag or who celebrate their Civil War military heroes like Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. Because Davis and Lee supported slavery and owned slaves, celebrating them is supporting the dehumanization and killing of humans based on their race.

If you want a present day example, all you Republicans should be criticizing Sarah Palin for saying, "Don't retreat, reload." Using your logic regarding Common, then Palin's words contributed to the shooting in Tuscon, which resulted in the killing of a federal judge and severely injuring a member of Congress.

So you support Common writing lyrics in support of a convicted cop killer. You're no Proud American, more like a dispicable turd.

Guest Guest

There are 52 weeks of the year.....yet the White House Chose POLICE WEEK to Host this individual. President Obama has Slapped American Law Enforcement in the face for the THIRD TIME of his Presidency. The fact that YOU cant seem to understand that tells me a whole lot about you.

Guest Proud American

So you support Common writing lyrics in support of a convicted cop killer. You're no Proud American, more like a dispicable turd.

No, I never said that. My posting was intended to point out your hypocrisy because you apply one standard to President Obama and another to Republicans. If an association with someone means you support that person's views, then are Republicans who associate with white Southerners who celebrate Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis racists and supporters of enslavement of Black persons?

The hypocrisy is incredible on multiple levels. Bono wrote a song about a person convicted of killing FBI agents. Was George W. Bush supporting the killing of FBI agents because he had lunch with Bono at the White House in 2005? What about Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen (who've also written songs about persons convicted of killing law enforcement officers), is the President allowed to talk to them? invite them to the White House? listen to their music? Why the double standard, is it because Bono, Dylan and Springsteen are White?

The good thing about this story is that the vast majority of America is not buying it. The right's fear mongering tactic using race and, in this case, a black rapper, to rally supporters is fizzling fast.

And BTW, I am so very much a Proud American and very proud of my President, Barack H. Obama.

Guest Guest

Isn't Common the same guy in the gap ads? And he supports cop killings?

Guest Gadfly

Listen to the sheep bleat! The song isn't praising someone who shot a cop, it is saying she couldn't have done it. Considering that medical experts testified at her trial saying that it was probable that she couldn't have fired the gun, this is not exactly a far-fetched assertion. I doubt it's a correct assertion and this certainly is not a nice woman, but he's praising her because he thinks she DIDN'T do it. Now, because apparently people who believe this story are too damn stupid to Google lyrics, here they are:

In the spirit of god.

In the spirit of the ancestors.

In the spirit of the black panthers.

In the spirit of assata shakur.

We make this movement towards freedom

For all those who have been oppressed, and all those in the struggle.

Yeah. yo, check it-

There were lights and sirens, gunshots firin

Cover your eyes as I describe a scene so violent

Seemed like a bad dream, she laid in a blood puddle

Blood bubbled in her chest, cold air brushed against open flesh

No room to rest, pain consumed each breath

Shot twice wit her hands up

Police questioned but shot before she answered

One panther lost his life, the other ran for his

Scandalous the police were as they kicked and beat her

Comprehension she was beyond, tryna hold on

To life. she thought she'd live with no arm

That's what it felt like, got to the hospital, eyes held tight

They moved her room to room-she could tell by the light

Handcuffed tight to the bed, through her skin it bit

Put guns to her head, every word she got hit

'who shot the trooper? ' they asked her

Put mace in her eyes, threatened to blast her

Her mind raced till things got still

Opened her eyes, realized she's next to her best friend who got killed

She got chills, they told her: that's where she would be next

Hurt mixed wit anger-survival was a reflex

They lied and denied visits from her lawyer

But she was buildin as they tried to destroy her

If it wasn't for this german nurse they woulda served her worse

I read this sister's story, knew that it deserved a verse

I wonder what would happen if that woulda been me?

All this shit so we could be free, so dig it, y'all.

(cee-lo vocals)

I'm thinkin' of assata, yes.

Listen to my love, assata, yes.

Your power and pride is beautiful.

May God bless your soul.

(common)

It seemed like the middle of the night when the law awakened her

Walkie-talkies cracklin, I see 'em when they takin her

Though she kinda knew,

What made the ride peaceful was the trees and the sky was blue

Arrived to middlesex prison about six inna morning

Uneasy as they pushed her to the second floor in

A cell, one cot, no window, facing hell.

Put in the basement of a prison wit all males

And the smell of misery, seatless toilets and centipedes

She'd exercise, (paint? ,) and begin to read

Two years inna hole. her soul grew weak

Away from people so long she forgot how to speak

She discovered frredom is a unspoken sound

And a wall is a wall and can be broken down

Found peace in the panthers she went on trial with

One of the brothers she had a child with

The foulness they would feed her, hopin she's lose her seed

Held tight, knowing the fight would live through this seed

In need of a doctor, from her stomach she's bleed

Out of this situation a girl was conceived

Separated from her, left to mother the revolution

And lactated to attack hate

Cause federal and state was built for a black fate

Her emptiness was filled with beatings and court dates

They fabricated cases, hoping one would stick

And said she robbed places that didn't exist

In the midst of threats on her life and being caged with aryan whites

Through dark halls of hate she carried the light

I wonder what would happen if that woulda been me?

All of this shit so we could be free.

Yeah, I often wonder what would happen if that woulda been me?

All of this shit so we could be free, so dig it, people-

(cee-lo)

I'm thinkin' of assata, yeah.

Listen to my love, assata, yeah.

Your power and pride, so beautiful...

May God bless your soul.

Oooh.

(common)

Yo

From north carolina her grandmother would bring

News that she had had a dream

Her dreams always meant what they needed them to mean

What made them real was the action in between

She dreamt that assata was free in they old house in queens

The fact that they always came true was the thing

Assata had been convicted of a murder she couldna done

Medical evidence shown she couldna shot the gun

It's time for her to see the sun from the other side

Time for her daughter to be by her mother's side

Time for this beautiful woman to become soft again

Time for her to breathe, and not be told how or when

She untangled the chains and escaped the pain

How she broke out of prison I could never explain

And even to this day they try to get to her

But she's free with political asylum in cuba.

(cee-lo vocals)

I'm thinkin' of assata, yeah.

Listen to my love, assata, yeah.

We're molded from the same mud, assata.

We share the same blood, assata, yeah.

May God bless your soul.

May God bless your soul.

Oooh.

(assata)

Freedom! you askin me about freedom. askin me about freedom?

I'll be honest with you. I know a whole more about what freedom isn't

Than about what it is, cause I've never been free.

I can only share my vision with you of the future, about what freedom is.

Uhh, the way I see it, freedom is-- is the right to grow, is the right to

Blossom.

Freedom is -is the right to be yourself, to be who you are,

To be who you wanna be, to do what you wanna do. (fade out)

THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Guest keith

It is no mistake that the President is much more on the side of the Cop haters and killers than anyone thinks. How does he go from making nothing to $11.8 million in the second term? Did Snoop and Dre drop some grip on him? $400,000.00 to 11.8 million I heard from some black senator this morning in income. If Bernie Madoff was legit he couldn't even do it. Over a 30% return after taxes in this economy? Amazing!! Who is his broker? Must be Jackson Hewitt and their resourcefull accounting. Where is the shared pain and transparency. Michelle says the've been blessed. Bless me please. The lot he bought next to his D.C. home is valued at $1.7 million but Bill Ayers (weather underground cop killer advocates) sold it to him for $400,00.00. Good discount. Such a deal. His closest neighbor is Louis Farrakahn. Just like a good neighbor, state farm is there.

Edited by KOTW
Blank Post

Guest Proud American

No, I never said that. My posting was intended to point out your hypocrisy because you apply one standard to President Obama and another to Republicans. If an association with someone means you support that person's views, then are Republicans who associate with white Southerners who celebrate Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis racists and supporters of enslavement of Black persons?

The hypocrisy is incredible on multiple levels. Bono wrote a song about a person convicted of killing FBI agents. Was George W. Bush supporting the killing of FBI agents because he had lunch with Bono at the White House in 2005? What about Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen (who've also written songs about persons convicted of killing law enforcement officers), is the President allowed to talk to them? invite them to the White House? listen to their music? Why the double standard, is it because Bono, Dylan and Springsteen are White?

The good thing about this story is that the vast majority of America is not buying it. The right's fear mongering tactic using race and, in this case, a black rapper, to rally supporters is fizzling fast.

And BTW, I am so very much a Proud American and very proud of my President, Barack H. Obama.

CORRECTION: I should have said that I'm very proud of OUR President, Barack H. Obama.

Guest Patriot

CORRECTION: I should have said that I'm very proud of OUR President, Barack H. Obama.

No, you were right the first time, your president, not mine. BTW, did you see where he just threw Israel under the bus. Another example of zerO's love for the arab & muslim extremists.

Guest Guest

This is a plain black/white issue, and I am NOT referring to race or any thought of racial issue so don't try it. Every law abiding citizen, Police Officer, and Military Service Soldier should consider this what it is: a slap in the face by a scumbag of a President. All of these professions include every race under the sun, so I truly mean everyone in these professions as human beings. Lotta high fives going on in the penetentiaries in this country where 2 million people "reside" but none of them did what they were accused of and have found God all of a sudden. Nobody is sorry they did anything, every Law Enforcement Officer knows that, they are just sorry they got caught. The same goes for defense lawyers, and liberal judges who's chances of becoming a crime victim are slim because their world is a world of millionaires and bodyguards. If they though that the criminal in court in front of them could actually get them back you would see some real sentencing instead of these token jail stays.

This country has gone "soft" and the whole world knows it and is taking advantage of it. The Pakistan miltary kidnapped Bin Laden probably 8 years ago and hid him while have our soldiers train their military for free and milk the U.S. of hundreds of millions of dollars in a scam effort to capture him and Bush fell for it as well as Obama at first. Then they drive every citizen crazy with a bad economy making the normal go insane and di irrataional things. That's where the blame starts and stops.

Guest Tired of Fox News

No, you were right the first time, your president, not mine. BTW, did you see where he just threw Israel under the bus. Another example of zerO's love for the arab & muslim extremists.

Patriot your crazy, you open to many threads hoping one of them sticks. Now he loves extremist, really? Your really sad, here a though why don't you talk about issues that are effecting Kearny and ways to help instead of talking about how much you hate our president. We get it your not a fan.

Guest Patriot

Patriot in name only, you are a traitorous slimeball. Trying to get traction on the rapper issue that even the "fairly unbalanced" news people gave up on when they saw Sean Panicky's support for ted nugent.

FAIL

Guest Proud American

That's not very patriotic of you, Patriot. Our country has ONE President and ONE Commander-in-Chief. You have the right to disagree with, and criticize, the President. I often did with President Bush. But to say President Obama is not your President is anti-America. Patriot, are you a U.S. citizen?

Guest Patriot

Patriot in name only, you are a traitorous slimeball. Trying to get traction on the rapper issue that even the "fairly unbalanced" news people gave up on when they saw Sean Panicky's support for ted nugent.

FAIL

You must have seen Netenyahu's address to congress when he said Israel would never go back to the 1967 borders. The entire congress, dem's and repub's gave him a standing ovation, an absolute repudiation of zerO's statement that "we" want Israel to give up the land won in the '67 war.

Guest Guest

You must have seen Netenyahu's address to congress when he said Israel would never go back to the 1967 borders. The entire congress, dem's and repub's gave him a standing ovation, an absolute repudiation of zerO's statement that "we" want Israel to give up the land won in the '67 war.

O god another useless thread, all I hear from this guy is complaining, give me a break.

Guest Proud American

Here's the President's FULL quote. This is the only outcome that will work unless Israel wants to move away from a democratic Jewish state since with the current boundaries the majority of the population will soon be non-Jewish.

[W]hile the core issues of the conflict must be negotiated, the basis of those negotiations is clear: a viable Palestine, a secure Israel. The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine. We believe the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states.

Guest gadfly

AMAZING how every one of Patriot's posts in this thread can be disproven by actually reading what someone actually said. Come on, Patriot-you should be able to do better than that. You're my grandpa's age and he's the smartest guy I know. Are you perhaps going senile? Are your eyes going so you can't read but have to believe whatever the news tells you? Think for yourself!

Guest Patriot

Here's the President's FULL quote. This is the only outcome that will work unless Israel wants to move away from a democratic Jewish state since with the current boundaries the majority of the population will soon be non-Jewish.

[W]hile the core issues of the conflict must be negotiated, the basis of those negotiations is clear: a viable Palestine, a secure Israel. The United States believes that negotiations should result in two states, with permanent Palestinian borders with Israel, Jordan, and Egypt, and permanent Israeli borders with Palestine. We believe the borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps, so that secure and recognized borders are established for both states.

What's your point? Netanyahu said Israel would NOT return to the '67 border and Congress gave him a standing ovation when he said it. That's indisputable and you can't spin it to make zerO look good.

Even the dems in congress are begining to recognize zerO's incompetence.

Guest Proud American

What's your point? Netanyahu said Israel would NOT return to the '67 border and Congress gave him a standing ovation when he said it. That's indisputable and you can't spin it to make zerO look good.

Even the dems in congress are begining to recognize zerO's incompetence.

My point was twofold.

First, that the President's statement on 1967 borders was qualified by the "mutually agreed swaps" language.

Second, that demographics will mean that the currently configured Israel will cease to be a Jewish democratic state since a majority will soon be Palestinian OR it will cease to be democratic by precluding Palestinians from voting.

Let me add another point. In September the UN General Assembly is voting on a resolution to recognize an independent State of Palestine using the 1967 borders WITHOUT land swaps. The US and Israel alone can't stop it (it's not the Security Council). The only way the President can stop the UN action is by bringing both the Palestinians and the Israeli government to the negotiating table and delaying the UN vote.

We don't know the outcome yet, so you can't judge the President's strategy on this. If the President does bring both sides back to the negotiating table, then it won't matter what the Republican presidential candidates said last week about Israel or how many times Congress stood up for Prime Minister Netanyahu.

You know, it would be like the right wing's constant attacks on Obama's Afghanistan and anti-terrorism policies until US intelligence successfully located OBL and the President issue the order to raid the compound in Pakistan and kill OBL.