Latoffs

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Harrison should terminate the jobs of the what I hear 22 Fireman as soon an possible to avoid any more wasting of money to the town. I also heard that the Fireman that are getting terminated, not layed-off, are trying to get paid for all of their unused vacation and sick time before getting the axe. If that's true, then two additional Fireman should be terminated to cover these costs. I looked into finding out if any cities or towns are looking to hire any experienced fire men to start out in an entry level capacity and found no luck at all. They may have to look down south or the midwest where they can find a paid fire department that will start them out at like $35,000.00/year. Most will probably have to work menial jobs like bagging groceries or pumping gas until they find something better. No unemployment can be collected since they were not paying into the system. I wish them luck in their new beginnings and hope they can sell their NJ houses for a decent sum.

Guest guest

The residents of Harrison will be shocked when they experience life without the HFD. There will be devestation and loss of life when you folks loss the services of these dedicated men. What's a life worth folks? You will soon find out when the emergencie situations come.

Harrison should terminate the jobs of the what I hear 22 Fireman as soon an possible to avoid any more wasting of money to the town. I also heard that the Fireman that are getting terminated, not layed-off, are trying to get paid for all of their unused vacation and sick time before getting the axe. If that's true, then two additional Fireman should be terminated to cover these costs. I looked into finding out if any cities or towns are looking to hire any experienced fire men to start out in an entry level capacity and found no luck at all. They may have to look down south or the midwest where they can find a paid fire department that will start them out at like $35,000.00/year. Most will probably have to work menial jobs like bagging groceries or pumping gas until they find something better. No unemployment can be collected since they were not paying into the system. I wish them luck in their new beginnings and hope they can sell their NJ houses for a decent sum.

HFD have a number of guys that can retire. No one will get terminated. They will retire which allows them to recieve all unused vacation and sick time. And it's not like they are "trying" to do this. It's just a rule.

Guest guest

Sorry about the Latoffs, hit the wrong key. SO HOW MANY RAGING BLAZES DID THE HFD WASTE THIS YEAR BY DEFENSIVELY ATTACKING A FIRE? 0,1 MAYBE? IT HAS COST THE TOWN 1.7 MILLION DOLLAR$ THIS YEAR. DO THE REIDENTS REALLY THINK THE HFD IS WORTH THAT MINDBLOWING AMOUNT OF MONEY? LOTS OF FRESH FACED READY, IN GOOD SHAPE, POLICE OFFICERS ARE READY TO WORK. BE SAFE, NOT IGNORANT.

Guest Guest

Sorry about the Latoffs, hit the wrong key. SO HOW MANY RAGING BLAZES DID THE HFD WASTE THIS YEAR BY DEFENSIVELY ATTACKING A FIRE? 0,1 MAYBE? IT HAS COST THE TOWN 1.7 MILLION DOLLAR$ THIS YEAR. DO THE REIDENTS REALLY THINK THE HFD IS WORTH THAT MINDBLOWING AMOUNT OF MONEY? LOTS OF FRESH FACED READY, IN GOOD SHAPE, POLICE OFFICERS ARE READY TO WORK. BE SAFE, NOT IGNORANT.

where are they recruiting these fresh face good shape coming from east newark??? because the guys harrison has now? you have to be kidding me! rollie pollies check! midgets check, balding double check ...........lol

Guest Guest

I disagree that the residents of Harrison will be shocked by experiencing life without the HFD. The HFD is going, going, gone or going to a volunteer dept. The only people that are going to be shocked are the $125,000 to $150,000 a year leaches and losers who are losing their set for life creampuff nepotism or patronage job when the drive out of town, thank God, for the last time. If it's not blown up into a big thing by the Mayor or canned firemen, no Harrison resident will even realize the clubhouse is closed until they hear about it until months later. The Town of Harrison, after they hire financial consultant to start a payment plan on all of the bond money they are going towards defaulting on, just may be able to begin in a few years, to try to bring the town back to a liveable condition. Hopefully the Mayor and most council members will resign by then and the financial consultant can weed out all of the unnecessary jobs that pay way over $100,000 a year.

It is going to take a few years, but right now the re-developement is dead in the water, all the borrowed money is gone, any new endeavors have been given 30 year tax abatements, so if any re-developement is to continue it will have to be from doubling the property owners taxes. That won't happen without the next civil war, but all money borrowed in the last few years earmarked as redevelopement money is already gone, mostly down to the Jersey Shore. There is nothing left.

The towns crdit rating is so bad that no financial institution will lend then even $10 dollars without collateral. As is, in my opinion, the Library, Recreation Center, and Senior Center will be sold to meet bond obligations.

The program that had the Town of Harrison pay for residents, supposedly for free, to put their children in certain daycare centers owned by relatives and friends of the Mayor and council at steep prices which made people multi-millionaires and others who were invited to those split up the proceeds dinners, should still be considered a criminal investigation. Thats where all the "wheres the money?" went.

Guest Guest

The residents of Harrison will be shocked when they experience life without the HFD. There will be devestation and loss of life when you folks loss the services of these dedicated men. What's a life worth folks? You will soon find out when the emergencie situations come.

Why not have people go around with a petition and distribute flyers when this comes up on a meeting, just as the woman that works for the town who let us know about the sale of the parking lots. apparently when people go to meetings in numbers it stops things as it did with this sale of residents parking lots. Have peole speak up a be heard about the safety of the residents in Harrison.

Guest guest

where are they recruiting these fresh face good shape coming from east newark??? because the guys harrison has now? you have to be kidding me! rollie pollies check! midgets check, balding double check ...........lol

The cost of the FD seems like alot but their budget has been reduced by a third over the last year and will be significantly cut again this year, I understand that there may be no alternative, however no one should question the reality that not having a quick response to a fire or medical emergency will certainly cost someone their life. Harrison may not have many big fires, but little fires grow big in a minute or two and the multi-family buildings are an extreme life hazard. Residents of Harrison also have been fortunate enough to have recieved outstanding EMS service for many years, this is ending in July and patients will have to pay the huge bills out of pocket. My guess is that the HFD we have had and bitched about will be sorely missed, except by the FEW non resident haters at the Police department.

Guest Guest

I can't wait for that life experience!

Guest Guest

this is so true the height requirement went out the window,the one is short and fat its cop meatball.lol hahahaha more then half are bald and with beer guts eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww havent seen the east newark cops but sounds like their better looking from the post???

Guest Harrison's Bravest

I disagree that the residents of Harrison will be shocked by experiencing life without the HFD. The HFD is going, going, gone or going to a volunteer dept. The only people that are going to be shocked are the $125,000 to $150,000 a year leaches and losers who are losing their set for life creampuff nepotism or patronage job when the drive out of town, thank God, for the last time. If it's not blown up into a big thing by the Mayor or canned firemen, no Harrison resident will even realize the clubhouse is closed until they hear about it until months later. The Town of Harrison, after they hire financial consultant to start a payment plan on all of the bond money they are going towards defaulting on, just may be able to begin in a few years, to try to bring the town back to a liveable condition. Hopefully the Mayor and most council members will resign by then and the financial consultant can weed out all of the unnecessary jobs that pay way over $100,000 a year.

It is going to take a few years, but right now the re-developement is dead in the water, all the borrowed money is gone, any new endeavors have been given 30 year tax abatements, so if any re-developement is to continue it will have to be from doubling the property owners taxes. That won't happen without the next civil war, but all money borrowed in the last few years earmarked as redevelopement money is already gone, mostly down to the Jersey Shore. There is nothing left.

The towns crdit rating is so bad that no financial institution will lend then even $10 dollars without collateral. As is, in my opinion, the Library, Recreation Center, and Senior Center will be sold to meet bond obligations.

The program that had the Town of Harrison pay for residents, supposedly for free, to put their children in certain daycare centers owned by relatives and friends of the Mayor and council at steep prices which made people multi-millionaires and others who were invited to those split up the proceeds dinners, should still be considered a criminal investigation. Thats where all the "wheres the money?" went.

I'm still here, Barney and I'm not going anywhere. As long as this little cupcake with the NYPD SWAT t-shirt feels a need to criticize the people he could never be, I'll be waiting for him to show his mousey face, which I know he'll never do. Sure, we'll lose some people but one thing is for sure, If we have a large fire where people are killed or injured and properties destroyed the town will be questioning the wisdom of laying off FF's and re-hiring will begin.

Guest Guest

The residents should not be fooled or be intiminated with fear by the Fire Department. A fire or EMS problem will CERTAINLY cost someone their life. Talk about projecting. I wonder how anyone would know for absolute certainty that someone will die in a fire and as to medical conditions people pass away according to God's plan, not the Town of Harrison's. If you take an ambulance you would be billed by the town or whatever other service is taking over so you just submit it to your insurance company and they pay. If you have no insurance, nothing changes either way.

These EGO's are so out of hand that the fireman now proclaim that they can project, in May, with absolute certainty that someone will die in a fire in Harrison 2011. I wish I had a crystal ball like that, I could use the Powerball numbers.

Guest Guest

Under the "guest" concession speech from the HFD as to their demise in which they predicted sure death for some poor sole in a flaming blaze, reality has seem to set in that the so-called Bravest have no fight left in them and have resigned to the fact that Harrison is finished with them as a paid entity. The town might keep the Cleveland Ave. building for the private ambulance company. The pink slip news must have been recently told to them because you can sense the defeat in the words of the loss of the $125,000.00/year, $5 million dollar mass lifetime vacation. It's not like they are gonna miss the town or the people, only the cash. No other towns are hiring either. The battle was the HFD vs. "0" cash in the towns general fund to make payroll. Not much of a fight. Time to respond out of the Town of Harrison with a good response time but in their own cars instead of a fire engine. In my opinion, the Firehouse, engines, and equiptment on Wilhelm already have a price tag on them.

I personally am not interested in what the HFD think because there will be no difference in public safety for the residents. The public are the ones who have been getting ripped-off all these years by this black hole of tax property money so they will benefit in the long run. I just wish I could see the flabby underachieving frat boys weeping together at the clubhouse and sitting at home crocked on Budweiser asking their wives, " what are we gonna do? Ray said we would always have a job?" Ray is a very wealthy man ready to resign and retire in comfort down Point Pleasant surely thinking of the sad Firemen while he eats a $200 dinner for two. Him and Tanski spending that "missing" town money.

Guest Guest

How would a Harrison Fireman know what it's like to be involved in a fire in a multi-story building? Not one of them live in a multi-story building out of town. They all live in lavish homes with built-in pools and could give a crap less what the peasants they, not I, call renters (OMG! Can you imagine paying rent instead of a mortgage? Yuck!) That's an FD saying. I say love improves all, not material possessions. I can only the imagine the sick feeling of getting your home foreclosed on. The HFD shall soon share those stories instead of war stories. That is becoming the new NJ Fireman way of life. A crowded basement apartment in Union City with your stuff in a storage unit. Maybe the losers feel better knowing my home was purchased in two $275.000.00 installments. No mortgage for me. It's not in NJ so it's a palace with less property taxes than the FD clowns pay in car insurance. They may soon be living back home. "We, we, have no more money, health insurance, or future to look forward to. MaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, can we all move back home? Will Daddy let us? ahahahahahahahaha. To other less fortunate families, NOT Firemen, I was just in the right place at the right time and did well. I sincerely hope that is your path also. I grew up with very little but now I have very little that I don't want. I wish the best for you also. Unfortunately, the only way I can show my love is to donate my time and tithings to charities. You will have your time.

Guest Guest

How would a Harrison Fireman know what it's like to be involved in a fire in a multi-story building? Not one of them live in a multi-story building out of town. They all live in lavish homes with built-in pools and could give a crap less what the peasants they, not I, call renters (OMG! Can you imagine paying rent instead of a mortgage? Yuck!) That's an FD saying. I say love improves all, not material possessions. I can only the imagine the sick feeling of getting your home foreclosed on. The HFD shall soon share those stories instead of war stories. That is becoming the new NJ Fireman way of life. A crowded basement apartment in Union City with your stuff in a storage unit. Maybe the losers feel better knowing my home was purchased in two $275.000.00 installments. No mortgage for me. It's not in NJ so it's a palace with less property taxes than the FD clowns pay in car insurance. They may soon be living back home. "We, we, have no more money, health insurance, or future to look forward to. MaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, can we all move back home? Will Daddy let us? ahahahahahahahaha. To other less fortunate families, NOT Firemen, I was just in the right place at the right time and did well. I sincerely hope that is your path also. I grew up with very little but now I have very little that I don't want. I wish the best for you also. Unfortunately, the only way I can show my love is to donate my time and tithings to charities. You will have your time.

So you claim to know what the members of the HFD and the KFD do or as you say don't do day in and day out, but yet you have claimed in previous posts not to know where Davis Ave in Kearny is which anybody that has any knowlege of Kearny or Harrison that has half a brain knows where that street is being it runs through both towns, not to mention West Hudson Park. So that makes me wonder how a person with such in depth knowelege of the emergency services in the West Hudson area doesnt even know where one of the more known streets are. Now you say you have a house out of state worth over half a million dollars and you were able to pay it off in two payments. Since you are such a BS artist in the first place I cant wait to here your answer on why such a well to do person as your self who lives not only outside of Hudson County but out of the state all together has such a hatred agaisnt fire fighters in Harrison and Kearny. If I had all the money you claim to have I'm pretty sure I wouldnt be spending all of my time on a message board for towns in a state I dont live in. You're fantasy world keeps getting better and better.

Guest guest

Wow. So you speak for the HFD? You know what the firemen think? Well you do not have live in a multi- story building to know how to fight a fire in one.That's what you study and prepare for. Also tanker trucks, single family dwellings, two family homes,vehicle extraction,CPR, and as many possible situations as you can. I have been in MANY multi bile family homes fully involved in fires. What you try and do is your job to the best of your abilities. That's what you train for. Please do speak for people that you do not even know. Just do your job to the best of your abilities. I hate myself for even replying on this web site, but with all this misinformation I felt as though I should. I promise I will not speak for you, can you have the same courtesy, and not speak for me?

Guest Guest

You people sound like a bunch of crying babies. Thank god I do not live in your horrible town. Any person that cheers the fact another person is being fired because of budget cuts is a moron, low life, and usually a loser. I'm a police officer from another town, and I have never read posts from such a low class type of citizen as I do while browsing this board.

Forget the fact that we are all americans and should be looking out for each other not hoping peoples lives get destroyed because of corrupt politicians. People losing jobs effects all of us. Thats less people spending money in our stores, and another person collecting unmployement. (the moron who says they can't collect unemployement needs to do some research instead of blurting out false information. You probably are referring to social security , because certain towns were able to opt out of paying into it basck in the 80's.

You laugh and say its just another way police and fire are beating the system, but the reason why we were given the option is because police and fire cannot collect full social security like the rest of you , no matter how much you have paid into the system.

I fought in the first Iraq war , and ill be a marine until i die. I'm ashamed to call you people my countrymen. If you have a problem with one fireman, that doesn't mean you wish ill on every single one, that is just foolish.

Use your head, you claim its a waste of money having firemen because there weren't a 100 fires this year in your town. I'd hate to be the family living in the house that does go up right after everyone is laid off.

People all over the state were furious that their streets weren't being plowed this winter during the huge snow storms. They were on the news, posting online, writing newspapers. These were the same people 5 months earlier who voted down town budgets and were calling for public workers to be laid off, and to be forced to take furlough days.

Who do you think plows the streets, and works the salt trucks, and works down at DPW yards keeping everything moving? I laughed my ass off, while it took me an hour to respond to calls in my police car, which was useless in the snow.

So before you start calling for everyone to be fired, think about "what can go wrong" because it usually happens. If people were furious about the streets not being cleaned, imagine the horror when people are being burned alive, when it takes 45 minutes for volunteers to respond to the fire station, gear up , and then hit the fire scene. I'm not an expert on fire, but i have responded and been on scene 100's of times before the fire department got there, and i can tell you first hand 1 minute of a burning fire in a house, is HUGE.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Barney, I'm looking for someone to clean and take care of my pool this summer. Since you're being laid off I figured you would need the work. Let me know, I pay $8. an hour plus all the donuts you can eat.

Guest Guest

You people sound like a bunch of crying babies. Thank god I do not live in your horrible town. Any person that cheers the fact another person is being fired because of budget cuts is a moron, low life, and usually a loser. I'm a police officer from another town, and I have never read posts from such a low class type of citizen as I do while browsing this board.

Forget the fact that we are all americans and should be looking out for each other not hoping peoples lives get destroyed because of corrupt politicians. People losing jobs effects all of us. Thats less people spending money in our stores, and another person collecting unmployement. (the moron who says they can't collect unemployement needs to do some research instead of blurting out false information. You probably are referring to social security , because certain towns were able to opt out of paying into it basck in the 80's.

You laugh and say its just another way police and fire are beating the system, but the reason why we were given the option is because police and fire cannot collect full social security like the rest of you , no matter how much you have paid into the system.

I fought in the first Iraq war , and ill be a marine until i die. I'm ashamed to call you people my countrymen. If you have a problem with one fireman, that doesn't mean you wish ill on every single one, that is just foolish.

Use your head, you claim its a waste of money having firemen because there weren't a 100 fires this year in your town. I'd hate to be the family living in the house that does go up right after everyone is laid off.

People all over the state were furious that their streets weren't being plowed this winter during the huge snow storms. They were on the news, posting online, writing newspapers. These were the same people 5 months earlier who voted down town budgets and were calling for public workers to be laid off, and to be forced to take furlough days.

Who do you think plows the streets, and works the salt trucks, and works down at DPW yards keeping everything moving? I laughed my ass off, while it took me an hour to respond to calls in my police car, which was useless in the snow.

So before you start calling for everyone to be fired, think about "what can go wrong" because it usually happens. If people were furious about the streets not being cleaned, imagine the horror when people are being burned alive, when it takes 45 minutes for volunteers to respond to the fire station, gear up , and then hit the fire scene. I'm not an expert on fire, but i have responded and been on scene 100's of times before the fire department got there, and i can tell you first hand 1 minute of a burning fire in a house, is HUGE.

AMEN brother! Thank you for your service to both our country and your community.

Guest Guest

I pledge allegiance to the flag...... SHUT UP PLEASE>> Joe Cop. Go ride around in your " cruiser" watching the fireman ride by making double what you make and then figure out where that $450 a month is gonna come from. Your a disgrace. I take it that you are not very popular at work. A gentle powder puff like you deserves to lose his job along with your firemen gaybirds. Then you can go sit in the firehouse all day and cry together. Why me? Why me? It's your own fault for being such punching bags for the politicians who's ** you kiss on a daily basis. Goodbye, hopefully for good.

Guest Guest

I pledge allegiance to the flag...... SHUT UP PLEASE>> Joe Cop. Go ride around in your " cruiser" watching the fireman ride by making double what you make and then figure out where that $450 a month is gonna come from. Your a disgrace. I take it that you are not very popular at work. A gentle powder puff like you deserves to lose his job along with your firemen gaybirds. Then you can go sit in the firehouse all day and cry together. Why me? Why me? It's your own fault for being such punching bags for the politicians who's ** you kiss on a daily basis. Goodbye, hopefully for good.

Can you help me with our campaign? HFD always does, you can keep your job, keep kissing our ass

we love you, Ray and Jimmy

Guest Guest

Wow first he hates Harrison Firefighters. Then Kearny Fire Fighters. Next was the Kearny Police. And now he hates gay people and this public servant because he stated his opinion. You dare mock this officer, who fought for our country. Its people like him who make it possible for people like you to come on here and throw your hate and lies around. He makes it possible for people like you to be a coward and use guest as a safe haven, because you know if people found out who you were, you would get what you deserve. You sir are everything that has gone bad with this country. A main reason why the rest of the world hates us. Because you are ignorant, spread B.S around and you are too much of a coward to even own up to it. Oh and by the way most police departments get paid higher salaries than fire departments, so i doubt this officer waving to fire fighters getting paid double than him. You probably already knew that but you would rather put another piece of misinformation up on this web site. You are an absolute piece of garbage.

Guest Lucy

Can you help me with our campaign? HFD always does, you can keep your job, keep kissing our ass

we love you, Ray and Jimmy

That's right many fire fighters were out in force to help mayor McDonough in is campaign for Mayor, another 4 years of hell for many of us, machine wins again, did he promise them something? had to. Go cry to the promise everything mayor and "I'll get back to you" mayor. Shame the HFD had to fall for the crap only to get dumped on. Why don't you ask the mayor about the life and property of our residents? and what is truly needed in Harrison. No Police Officers or Fire Fighters should be cut, instead they should consider many other options that are available to cut in Harrison.