Fires

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Firemen in Harrison, Kearny, Hoboken, Jersey City, and Bayonne; get rid of all of these useless pieces of crap and save all our cities from financial ruin. I was in a fully involved house fire just a few years ago, in the middle of the building, spent a good amount of time in the burn unit getting grafts and wearing the JOBES pants and upper body wraps, and it wasn't that bad to be honest compared to other things in life. I was telling the two fire/medics in the back of the ambulance," Are you alright? Are you gonna faint? At least cover the damn burns if you can't look them. What a bunch of bitches!

If you could see how much more scared they were than I was you would laugh. It hurt like hell, but I took it like a trooper. If thats what the doctors and nurses said was "bad" and I didn't have 100 lbs. of gear protecting of fire retardent gear and masks like the firemen wear to prevent those burns what is so dangerous? I got out the person I needed to by myself because the firemen took forever and I had to go in or my buddy would have been dead. We got no awards, recognition, or even an honorable mention for for doing much more than any FD member every did and we just moved on after a few days in the burn unit, changed bandages and Silverdine (I think thats what it was called)?

No heroes ceremony for us or even a you guys did a good a good job by any fireman, only the public, who clapped and yelled like heck for us and the firemen were actually pissed because initially they thought they were getting applause but they were for us. They were so damn angry THEY weren't the heroes, WE WERE. Even the medics in the the ambulance were pissed-off. It was like some sort of joke. One said," Good thing we were there, huh! I was like" What?" The people at that scene saw the real heroes in action and got the thrill of their life. The Engines didn't even round the corner until the ambulance was already on its way. Guess the sandman wouldn't allow their eyes to open. I still have some wicked scars to prove it but am back to 100% ON MY OWN.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kearny Senior

Firemen in Harrison, Kearny, Hoboken, Jersey City, and Bayonne; get rid of all of these useless pieces of crap and save all our cities from financial ruin. I was in a fully involved house fire just a few years ago, in the middle of the building, spent a good amount of time in the burn unit getting grafts and wearing the JOBES pants and upper body wraps, and it wasn't that bad to be honest compared to other things in life. I was telling the two fire/medics in the back of the ambulance," Are you alright? Are you gonna faint? At least cover the damn burns if you can't look them. What a bunch of bitches!

If you could see how much more scared they were than I was you would laugh. It hurt like hell, but I took it like a trooper. If thats what the doctors and nurses said was "bad" and I didn't have 100 lbs. of gear protecting of fire retardent gear and masks like the firemen wear to prevent those burns what is so dangerous? I got out the person I needed to by myself because the firemen took forever and I had to go in or my buddy would have been dead. We got no awards, recognition, or even an honorable mention for for doing much more than any FD member every did and we just moved on after a few days in the burn unit, changed bandages and Silverdine (I think thats what it was called)?

No heroes ceremony for us or even a you guys did a good a good job by any fireman, only the public, who clapped and yelled like heck for us and the firemen were actually pissed because initially they thought they were getting applause but they were for us. They were so damn angry THEY weren't the heroes, WE WERE. Even the medics in the the ambulance were pissed-off. It was like some sort of joke. One said," Good thing we were there, huh! I was like" What?" The people at that scene saw the real heroes in action and got the thrill of their life. The Engines didn't even round the corner until the ambulance was already on its way. Guess the sandman wouldn't allow their eyes to open. I still have some wicked scars to prove it but am back to 100% ON MY OWN.

Excellent Barney, great story! Here's a suggestion for your next one, how about a story where you leap tall buildings in a single bound. While wearing your NYPD SWAT t-shirt of course.

Doc13mets, in my opinion you are showing your one sided view of things again to the public. The Police are in the same financial trouble over in Harrison yet you nly talk of the Harrison Fire Department having some serious troubles over there. You go on and give accoldes and praise to everything the fire dept. does along with things they have never done (just war stories) but don't say oe word about the Harrison Police Department and how ell it is run. The HPD keeps crime in check in impossible odds day after day because of the manpower sortage but you didn't recognize the one bit for their tenacity. Now you know how I figured out you are retired Fireman scanner junkie wishing he could have done more with his life.

I agree with you on a few things. Yes the Harrison Police do a fantastic job with the little man power they have already!! I posted in the Harrison section about how they should not be reduced one bit! Unfortunately (or fortunately for some people that seem to "hate" me for whatever reason) I can't go into great detail about the HPD because I do not know as much about them. What I do know is Harrison needs more police protection in this day and age and they are doing one hell of a job with the reduced manpower they already have. The Town of Harrison can't afford to reduce any public safety (Police and Fire) at this time.

I fully support the HPD, anyone who puts their life on the line everyday in protection of others gets my praise.

Doc13mets, in my opinion you are showing your one sided view of things again to the public. The Police are in the same financial trouble over in Harrison yet you nly talk of the Harrison Fire Department having some serious troubles over there. You go on and give accoldes and praise to everything the fire dept. does along with things they have never done (just war stories) but don't say oe word about the Harrison Police Department and how ell it is run. The HPD keeps crime in check in impossible odds day after day because of the manpower sortage but you didn't recognize the one bit for their tenacity. Now you know how I figured out you are retired Fireman scanner junkie wishing he could have done more with his life.

Furthermore this topic is about "Fires" and the KFD and HFD was mentioned. That's probably why I didn't mention the HPD at all.

I hope this story isn't true. If it is. It's very sad and I'm sorry for what happened to you.

On the other hand one thing leads me to believe that isn't not true. One thing and one thing only. You mentioned you got skin grafts, wearing jobes pants and upper body wraps then mentioned how it wasn't that bad. You go on to talk about how you "moved on after a few days in the burn unit". Well if you were actually burned as badly as you say you were and the description would fit with skin grafts and such. You would be in the burn unit for a lot more then a "few days" in fact you have to even return numerous times after your initial treatment period.

If that story is true then God bless you!

Guest Guest

You can believe me or not. I do not not care. This is not a contest as to what human being suffered more for we also suffer inside and outside for those we have have lost or those that are teminally sick and it hurts us also see the pain. Some scars can be seen, but much worse are those that cannot be seen. Those on the heart and mind. You don't get it. You want names, xrays, dates of se, and facts thats are none of your business. If you choose to say it's a made up bunch of garbage, so be it. Nothing said on this forum can ever be genuine. Like putting a few bucks in those reputalble charity envelopes you get instead of throwing them in the garbage like so many lost lives of good people. Do and believe whatever engine moves more boat.

Guest Patriot

I hope this story isn't true. If it is. It's very sad and I'm sorry for what happened to you.

On the other hand one thing leads me to believe that isn't not true. One thing and one thing only. You mentioned you got skin grafts, wearing jobes pants and upper body wraps then mentioned how it wasn't that bad. You go on to talk about how you "moved on after a few days in the burn unit". Well if you were actually burned as badly as you say you were and the description would fit with skin grafts and such. You would be in the burn unit for a lot more then a "few days" in fact you have to even return numerous times after your initial treatment period.

If that story is true then God bless you!

Doc, please. Barney has more stories than Steven King and just as phony. Barney is nothing more than an unhappy, disgruntled cop that's jealous of the FD, wishes he could be a firefighter, but knows he's not good enough.

Guest Guest

First off it doesn't matter how many fires they have put out to date. We are paying them to be there when we need them most. First off you souldn't group KFD and HFD in the same boat. HFD is going through some really really tough times, the likes none have seen and they need some serious help over there. No one seems to be willing to work out solutions to the problem.

Kearny on the other hand is still in good shape. Sure they had to make some adjustments after the last layoff threat. But they worked through it and still have a safe amount of manpower on each day. KFD doesn't just goto Fire, the do lost of other important things like Extracations at MVA's, they take care of dangerous conditions (from dangerous falling tree limbs to siding falling off building onto walk ways) to make sure people don't get hurt.

I've said from day one as a taxypayer I'm very happy to have a paid fire department protecting my home, you should to.

Then you should be even happier Kearny just add a firemen this Tuesday. I didn't know that to become a firemen you have to be dating someone with political ties, wished that the other candidates would have know that.

Guest guest

First, a real hero, doesn't cry liek a baby because he didn't get recognition for something he or she feels they should have. Your a grown ass man, I would hope you wouldn't need to be told, to leave the house rather then sit in a burning building until someone else saved you.

Second, you saved yourself, and you and your buddy got out of the house. Big deal. Nothing hero like in that situation at all. The firemen are going into the fire with the intentions of saving people, except they are risking their lives for people they don't even know, and they don't have the luxury of just leaving when they feel like it. They are there until the fire is put out and everyone is accounted for.

Guest guest1255

Two first off's. Hard to do. You answered the question, NO FIRES. The towns have spent millions of dollars that could have been used for something, anything else but not just thrown into a bottomless hole in the ground sucking the life out of the residents Fire Deparments. These out of town Firemen are loaded with the residents money. The higest paid in NJ for what, sleeping and watching TV? Good for you, you got what you wanted and are now suffering the consequences. Some morons are still on board supporting this Mayor and Council of this sinking ship. Just wait until you get those special ballots for add ons to the 2%. Everytime you check the box that you want more of this or more of that, kaching kaching let that property tax cash register ring. Property taxes will be 30% to 35% higher and bankrupt the homeowners, plus nobody will be capable of paying the sky high rents, so goodbye to rental properties. The "special people" who all DO NOT live in town will still get their mid $100K cash salaries with raises and laugh at the residents, the suckers. Then the wealthy birds shall fly South permanently holding bags of gold, the residents cash, in their talons after the last bones are picked clean of meat. You were told this would happened and the snake oil salesmen suckered you right off the cliff. Damn shame. In my opinion, it was planned all along.

You are out of your mind if you think Kearny Firemen are the highest paid in the State. I don't know whay kool aid you have been drinking, but just because you read it online, or in the holy grail of accurate information (the observer) doesn't mean its true. When people vote on the special ballots, they are voting if they want the fire department to be around or they don't. Just because you do not want it, doesn't mean the rest of the town won't. And trust me , your the minority in your living in the now way of thinking.

You probably were one of the people crying like a big baby to the police department that nobody was plowing the roads and how dangerous it was. How you were calling the mayor and this is insane. Guess what moron, plowing the roads costs money. Money the town didn't want to pay. Money the residents didn't want to pay. So what you get is some times workers will be working, and other times they will be on furlough days. Just so happens the storms hit on day the workers were forced to stay home and not get paid. Do you really think workers were gonna jump right at the chance of coming into work , to work for a town that won't pay them, and for the people who voted not to pay them?

Give me a break.

Guest Guest

You are out of your mind if you think Kearny Firemen are the highest paid in the State. I don't know whay kool aid you have been drinking, but just because you read it online, or in the holy grail of accurate information (the observer) doesn't mean its true. When people vote on the special ballots, they are voting if they want the fire department to be around or they don't. Just because you do not want it, doesn't mean the rest of the town won't. And trust me , your the minority in your living in the now way of thinking.

You probably were one of the people crying like a big baby to the police department that nobody was plowing the roads and how dangerous it was. How you were calling the mayor and this is insane. Guess what moron, plowing the roads costs money. Money the town didn't want to pay. Money the residents didn't want to pay. So what you get is some times workers will be working, and other times they will be on furlough days. Just so happens the storms hit on day the workers were forced to stay home and not get paid. Do you really think workers were gonna jump right at the chance of coming into work , to work for a town that won't pay them, and for the people who voted not to pay them?

Give me a break.

Why did we hire a firemen when the rest of the town is having furlough days? Political payback? Also why is the average policemen salary 100K. It nice to know that when I cry to the police department that the other guy on the phone is probably making on average 100K. Yes I need a break.

Guest Guest

You make a point. The people should vote how many fireman the town should have, how much they are to be paid, how many at each rank, and the increase in taxes for each one they want. Not the politicians. The answer would be be easy, just check NONE. Taxes would stop like the rain stopped. The Mayor, Council, or Fire Department already refuse to disclose how many fires they have put out because when the people see the number 0 or 1 they would wonder what the heck is their money being used for?

It is being used for out of town people who pretend to work in Kearny to eat, sleep, watch TV, crap, sleep some more and go home. That's why no one will answer the question as to how many fires they put our so far in 2011. In terms of a fire as you would think of one, like a house fire, the answer is NONE. They know it, thats why they are afraid of answering the question. Also, because many firemen are multiple family members, have 2 jobs, and are relatives of the Mayor and Council. VERY few of them are making less the $100,000.00 a year. That's why the town is so dangerous to live in, more people move OUT rather than IN every year with less and less other services.

I would say the town needs more cops, but everytime I do KPDBlue or KPDPipes say we have

enough, hire more fireman. These two cops must be the most popular cops in town. In NJ these are probably the only 2 Cops that act as union reps. for the firemen. It's comical.

I hope Kearny hires 400 fireman at 150,000.00 each because the town I don't live in and never will because all you have to do is look over to Harrison for the financial condition Kearny will soon be in.

Guest Guest

Million$ to pay out of towners and not a dang bit of work in sight. Must S**K if you are a resident of Hudson County and nothing but money taken out of your check. People getting burned and a 20 min. response time for fires one block away. USELESS, LOW QUALITY EMPLOYEES.

Once again,

Every bit of information you want and more is available in Kearny Fire Headquarters, 109 Midland Ave.

Just think you can go there and find out for yourself and then report back here with your findings.

There's only one reason why you wouldn't, you already know what everyone here knows.

Your whole foundation on this and probably many other forums is prevarication as a means to inflame a

response though it doesn't work here very well does it? As a matter of fact it's been blowing up in

your face big time.

Or to put it simply.....

your a liar and a coward.

Have a nice day,I know I am.

jus sayin

Guest KPDPipes

I would say the town needs more cops, but everytime I do KPDBlue or KPDPipes say we have

enough, hire more fireman. These two cops must be the most popular cops in town. In NJ these are probably the only 2 Cops that act as union reps. for the firemen. It's comical.

Stuff and nonsense..thank you though for proving once again that you have nothing to add to any conversation but lies and stupidity. I DEFY you to show Once when I have EVER Said anything even close to what you claim. The fact that you hate firefighters so much shows a lot more about your character (or lack thereof) than my NOT having an issue with them does mine. They have their jobs, We have ours..Two very different career paths, and one that I dont begrudge them. I Dont Like fire..never have. Considering that with the recent retirements KPD are several BEHIND what the TO calls for, and looking ahead to the large nuymber that are expected to go by the end of 2012, KPD staffing is going to end up back at the Vartan Administration Level..or Below. We will NEED to hire...Gonna take the test skippy? or will you have some "Excuse" why you cant do the Job??

Back to fire.. I will ask the same question that has been posed here by myself and others....yet never manages to get an answer...... aside from ad hominem attacks that is. If Kearny could not keep ONE Ambulance 24/7/365 manned with TWO people as volunteers, WHAT Makes you think you will get enough Volunteers to fight fires??? KVERS went to paid days and Billing for calls, just like North Arlington did, because they Couldn't get people for the daytime shift. KVERS folded because in the end they couldnt keep the Nights, weekends and holidays manned, and Both North Arlington and Harrison began refusing calls in Kearny because they were spending more time here than covering their own towns. That is the reality here. Volunteer FDS do work, but this particular area seems to have a hard time finding volunteers for even 28 Ambulance shifts per week, (2 people x 4 12-hour shifts x 7 Days), and Less than that once they went paid, nevermind a Dozen or more people to fight a fire. Are YOU "Guest" going to Volunteer?? Why not start Now? NA and EN will both take out-of towners as Vollies for their FD's I believe. Put up...or better yet, just Shut up...and stay sitting behind your computer in Mommy's basement like the rest of the Keyboard Warriors.

Million$ to pay out of towners and not a dang bit of work in sight. Must S**K if you are a resident of Hudson County and nothing but money taken out of your check. People getting burned and a 20 min. response time for fires one block away. USELESS, LOW QUALITY EMPLOYEES.

Are you serious? a 20 min response time? I would put any dollar amount that Hudson County FD's combined have the quickest response time vs any other county in the state. Kearny and Harrison both have very good response times. Now maybe you bring up a point about out of towners. People should at least have to live in a certain "bubble" maybe like 15-20 miles of their town to be an emergency worker in my opinion. But you are talking about state laws that allow it. So thats what should be challenged.

Guest Guest

Says the useless human being.

Guest Guest

You make a point. The people should vote how many fireman the town should have, how much they are to be paid, how many at each rank, and the increase in taxes for each one they want. Not the politicians. The answer would be be easy, just check NONE. Taxes would stop like the rain stopped. The Mayor, Council, or Fire Department already refuse to disclose how many fires they have put out because when the people see the number 0 or 1 they would wonder what the heck is their money being used for?

It is being used for out of town people who pretend to work in Kearny to eat, sleep, watch TV, crap, sleep some more and go home. That's why no one will answer the question as to how many fires they put our so far in 2011. In terms of a fire as you would think of one, like a house fire, the answer is NONE. They know it, thats why they are afraid of answering the question. Also, because many firemen are multiple family members, have 2 jobs, and are relatives of the Mayor and Council. VERY few of them are making less the $100,000.00 a year. That's why the town is so dangerous to live in, more people move OUT rather than IN every year with less and less other services.

I hope Kearny hires 400 fireman at 150,000.00 each because the town I don't live in and never will because all you have to do is look over to Harrison for the financial condition Kearny will soon be in.

Too bad the community didnt vote on if your ****** should have an *******. We wouldnt have had to hear the ramblings of a crazy person.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Guest

Why did Kearny hire a firemen if there going to have layoff next year anyway?

Guest Guest

KPDPies says nothing about himself being a procactive, effective Police Officer but types a whole paragaraph about the Fire Depaartment going back to the levels of manpower when Leo Vartan was Mayor? You remind me of KPDBlu, the coward of the county. How did you know that fact? You seem to spit it out like you talk about it all day, 7 days a week. What a loser. Why didn't you take the FD test?

" I Don't like fire...never did. " Big baby. How come you didn't say " I Don't like crime...never did. " Scared little dimwit. I bet you would have to do some research on how many cops there were when Vartan was Mayor, right you little big shot. You are quite laughable. That shows how weak of an Officer you are who probably doesn't move an inch when a crime is reported even if you are on the same block. Local tough guys on the street probably tell you to go **** yourself off duty and you just put your head down and walk away.

You wait until the dispatcher TELLS YOU in particular to respond and to a crime, and even if you are on the same block when the call goes but not to you, you take off before anyone sees you like a little baby chicken crap. You have every piece of Police equipment known to man on you and in your car but are always the last to arrive and first to leave a scene. Never an arrest, but you are probably heavy handed with the tickets, right big man? Nice and safe, right baby boy? You are a humiliation to your department and have few friends there I'm sure. I hope your work buddies don't know who you are because this would be such a humiliation, but you deserve it. Fake *** crybaby momma's boy. I doubt you have any rank, but if you managed to squeak by on a promotional exam I'm sure every guy assigned to your squad would say," OH no, not this **hole and you would get no respect at all.

Gon get togetther with Jus Sayin and please tell us some more firemen facts. Wait, this is blowing my mind! A dual war story where you both are involved, like I dropped my fourth back up gun but my firebuddy knocked the perp down with a blast of water!! IT would be too much.

Guest Guest

Geting burned hurt like heck, thats for sure. It also cost me my job and a lot of other important things in my life things because of the recovery period. Six months in those healing type of underwear was a real thrill and that was about a quarter of the time. I still got back on my feet in my opinion a realatively short time. It felt like 10 years, but with all of the civil litigation going on it was distracting. The money, or settlement, wasn't worth it. I still wish it never happened. The Fire House was ONE block from my home and the offically reported response time was 22 minutes. The Police were there in 3 minutes and the private ambulance company was right on their tail thank God. I was at the trauma center/burn unit before the first fire engine arrived. Doubt it all you want but the truth is just that, the Truth.

I am set for life now with only a few scars and bad memories but the FD fought their own recorded response time till the very end of the settlement. It was a fact, not the firemen's opinion from every agency. I blame it on heavy sleeping firemen who happened to not be their turn to go out, as it happened in the middle of the night to back that up. They treated it like a false alarm and as I understand when the the firemen got there they had to re-call it in as a real fire for the rest to show up. The firemen never even made a formal aplogy, but that check they had to pay in installments certainly said they were sorry, as well as the fired firemen, and it was multiple individuals from the dispacher on up. Good job guys, I'll hate you forever.

Guest Guest

If it's true, Kearny hired another nopotism fireman when every other union like the cops and the teachers had to make concessions to keep their jobs. Yet they claim each group is, " We." That is pure corruption in my opinion. Another do no nothing leaky bag of crap on the payroll. Disgracefull. Why would the town of no work need another fireman. It's just white mans welfare anyway you look at it. I would be a fireman just for fun but the boredom would kill me. Sleep, eat, crap, watch TV, read a magazine, fool around on a laptop, sleep some more, you get it. Where's the benefit to the town in the return of these many million$ of dollars? There is NONE. A complete town merger of Harrison and Kearny is the only answer to prevent Harrsion from folding. Then there will be guaranteed lay offs because the sold out 17 are not going to work along side a $110,000.00 a year Harrison guy who doesn't even have to get drug tested among other things. Senioriy from Harrison will rule the roost. The Kearny Chief having to step down to Deputy Chief as well as every other rank to make way for the conrtactually paid well above six figure Captains from Harrison. Kearny will have have mass demotions to make way from who's really gonna be in charge. Same with the Police. Right brother?

Guest Guest

If it's true, Kearny hired another nopotism fireman when every other union like the cops and the teachers had to make concessions to keep their jobs. Yet they claim each group is, " We." That is pure corruption in my opinion. Another do no nothing leaky bag of crap on the payroll. Disgracefull. Why would the town of no work need another fireman. It's just white mans welfare anyway you look at it. I would be a fireman just for fun but the boredom would kill me. Sleep, eat, crap, watch TV, read a magazine, fool around on a laptop, sleep some more, you get it. Where's the benefit to the town in the return of these many million$ of dollars? There is NONE. A complete town merger of Harrison and Kearny is the only answer to prevent Harrsion from folding. Then there will be guaranteed lay offs because the sold out 17 are not going to work along side a $110,000.00 a year Harrison guy who doesn't even have to get drug tested among other things. Senioriy from Harrison will rule the roost. The Kearny Chief having to step down to Deputy Chief as well as every other rank to make way for the conrtactually paid well above six figure Captains from Harrison. Kearny will have have mass demotions to make way from who's really gonna be in charge. Same with the Police. Right brother?

It's true they hire a fireman, look at the town website under council meeting video part 1 on 5-24-2011. Why the hell would they do that if there going to fire him next year? Who is he dating that he got hire when the town suppose to be on a hiring freeze.

Kearny would have the upper hand in any merge. As they are not the ones that need it. It would be on their terms. That I'm pretty sure of.

Like you said it would save Harrison from folding. I still believe Harrison has the ability to save themselves and keep a fully paid fire department and not layoff PD/FD. Just they are unwilling to approach the issue. Who's at fault? Not sure, but the tax payers deserve those services.

Guest Kearny Senior

Geting burned hurt like heck, thats for sure. It also cost me my job and a lot of other important things in my life things because of the recovery period. Six months in those healing type of underwear was a real thrill and that was about a quarter of the time. I still got back on my feet in my opinion a realatively short time. It felt like 10 years, but with all of the civil litigation going on it was distracting. The money, or settlement, wasn't worth it. I still wish it never happened. The Fire House was ONE block from my home and the offically reported response time was 22 minutes. The Police were there in 3 minutes and the private ambulance company was right on their tail thank God. I was at the trauma center/burn unit before the first fire engine arrived. Doubt it all you want but the truth is just that, the Truth.

I am set for life now with only a few scars and bad memories but the FD fought their own recorded response time till the very end of the settlement. It was a fact, not the firemen's opinion from every agency. I blame it on heavy sleeping firemen who happened to not be their turn to go out, as it happened in the middle of the night to back that up. They treated it like a false alarm and as I understand when the the firemen got there they had to re-call it in as a real fire for the rest to show up. The firemen never even made a formal aplogy, but that check they had to pay in installments certainly said they were sorry, as well as the fired firemen, and it was multiple individuals from the dispacher on up. Good job guys, I'll hate you forever.

Tell us that story again about when you were in Iraq and you killed 10 terrorists with your bare hands.