Red Bulls

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I read that the Red Bulls are doing quite well and having a major game/event against another team that is expected to draw 25,000 fans and probably will. It said Mayor McDonough and even the Hudson County Executive will be hosting the game. Unfortunately, the Town of Harrison is going to lose a bundle that night instead of these type of events which usually brings prosperity to any town. The Red Bulls will get a good payday thru ticket sales, some money thru parking and some from food and drinks at the game.

Unfortunately, Harrison will have to get every warm blooded cop that is alive to work the stadium that night on O.T., possibly every cop, at a great cost to the taxpayers. Being that Harrison will not be able to collect any tax revenue from the Red Bulls for the next 29 years means that the Mayor and Council have made what would have been a booming financial night to the town into a tremendous loss for paying all the cops and whoever else gets in on it. Another Harrison success story.

Guest Guest

I read that the Red Bulls are doing quite well and having a major game/event against another team that is expected to draw 25,000 fans and probably will. It said Mayor McDonough and even the Hudson County Executive will be hosting the game. Unfortunately, the Town of Harrison is going to lose a bundle that night instead of these type of events which usually brings prosperity to any town. The Red Bulls will get a good payday thru ticket sales, some money thru parking and some from food and drinks at the game.

Unfortunately, Harrison will have to get every warm blooded cop that is alive to work the stadium that night on O.T., possibly every cop, at a great cost to the taxpayers. Being that Harrison will not be able to collect any tax revenue from the Red Bulls for the next 29 years means that the Mayor and Council have made what would have been a booming financial night to the town into a tremendous loss for paying all the cops and whoever else gets in on it. Another Harrison success story.

well if the cops pba union is out to prove their worth and support their fellow brother facing cuts come july then refuse the overtime,do as little as possible and let the natives run wild. maybe then the truth will come out. bitchin here isnt helping anyone. ever hear actions speak louder then words. but then the ones up chiefs azzzz n mayor will buckle like your detectives and traffic. no spines.

Guest Rocker

The OT for the police during Red Bull events is paid for by Red Bull, not by the taxpayers. Your argument is null and void.

"Officials said Harrison police, who are paid by the Red Bull organization to patrol streets surrounding the stadium on game days"

NJ.com Article

Guest Guest

You ask the Cops to refuse the O.T. and then rip into them with alot of venom and disparaging remarks about them. Way to go. If I was an off-duty cop I would crawl to get their now because of your comments. Another HHS graduate showing no brains at all.

Guest Guest

You are correct about the Red Bulls picking up the tab for the extra Police. Maybe you can point out some ways that the Town of Harrison will profit, even at a minimum level, with these games and events going on being that the Red Bulls have, now please correct me if I am wrong, a contractual 30 year tax abatement.

Guest Guest

You ask the Cops to refuse the O.T. and then rip into them with alot of venom and disparaging remarks about them. Way to go. If I was an off-duty cop I would crawl to get their now because of your comments. Another HHS graduate showing no brains at all.

another yellow bus rider graduate not using spell check , I would crawl to get THERE...(your an Ahole)

Guest Guest

You are correct about the Red Bulls picking up the tab for the extra Police. Maybe you can point out some ways that the Town of Harrison will profit, even at a minimum level, with these games and events going on being that the Red Bulls have, now please correct me if I am wrong, a contractual 30 year tax abatement.

Yes you are correct, and you can thank the Mayor and the Yes Council for their support in allowing this to happen with no concessions to the town of Harrison and its residents. the concessions were made directly to the mayor and yes council.. ask them where they aquired their season tickets from? *****, whats in it for me, know well enough what he did.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Guest

Harrison could have benefitted by allowing people to spend money at the businesses in town during game day. But since you aren't allowed to park on the streets, it seems everyone is going to spend their money in Newark before games. On the other hand, Harrison can make money from the parking garage and by having 2 people drive the carts around to ticket cars without permits. Although you have to wonder if the revenue from parking tickets will cover the cost to pay their OT and the new signage going up.

Don't blame Red Bull because the mayor/council/redevelopment agency gave them a sweetheart deal.

Guest Guest

The tickets wouldn't even cover the cost of the two people riding around issuing them. Some person(s) made a small fortune for giving the Bulls anything they wanted, and it was not the residents. That kind of BIG money goes to only very few so they can shut-up and not have a leak. Very unfair to the residents.

Guest Optimistic Harrisonian

Ask any local business owner, specifically those in the restaurant/bar business, if they notice a spike in business. I don't understand how everyone would rather sit here and bash the good that comes from these games instead of point out the pros or band together to promote ideas for businesses to increase revenue or offer specials. I think everyones goal is to see the stadium, and the impact it has on our town, succeed. If ideas were brought to our local gov't on how to harness the power of the stadium, I honestly can't see them shutting out these ideas. Together as one, more is accomplished, than separated & where the intent is malicious in nature. More energy is spent on ignorant comments about how this town is run than harnessing those efforts and doing good with it. It's frustrating to come on here and read the same negative IGNORANT comments from the same handful of IGNORANT, close minded people.

Guest Guest

This type of planning to benefit the whole town cannot be accomplished by the brain power of a plumber and a bunch of barely made it high school graduates. The Red Bulls sent businessmen to Harrison to hammer out every penny they can make for their organization while Harrison counteracts with a group of councilmen and a Mayor who have a reputation as being naive in business dealings. The Red Bulls saw a bunch of suckers ripe to be taken advantage of and mad their move. They got everything they wanted and more for a few pairs of free season tickets.