Nancy Pelosi ???

Guest Bushbacker

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bend just about all of them" ??  Oh, I get it,  It's sort of like  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

That's not statistics, it's just typical political BS spin. Maybe someday you'll be smart enough to know the difference..................but I doubt it.

Guest BushBacker
When you look at the tax system you need to look at two things. How much income a person makes and how much they pay as a percentage of that income.

When the new tax law was passed, a larger percentage of the tax breaks went to the wealthiest americans under the theory that they would invest more and therefore create more jobs. However, this has not occured. In fact the Government produced statistics state that there is a greater accumulation of wealth now and a higher percentage of people classified as poor. Currently we have an approximate deficit in the range of 265 billion dollars. If those tax breaks were to expire or rolled back within three years at the current spending rate the budget would be balanced and there would be a surplus. These are not my words these come from economists both republican and democrat. So while Paris Hilton gets to shlup around the world you the average taxpayer are working longer hours for less money.

You're probably the most misinformed person I've ever seen. Unemployment is at historical lows, the economy is booming, the budget deficit is down by a third in the last 2 years. In typical defeatocratic fashion, you look for a slug in a pot of gold.

Guest a proud american
You're probably the most misinformed person I've ever seen. Unemployment is at historical lows, the economy is booming, the budget deficit is down by a third in the last 2 years. In typical defeatocratic fashion, you look for a slug in a pot of gold.

Actually I'm better informed than you think. As far as unemployment is concerned, the actual amount of new jobs are the only statistics that the Government releases. You need to look at the amount of jobs lost and apply it to the amount of new jobs. The Department of Labor stopped giving those statistics about a year ago, so you aren't getting a true picture. You also have to take into consdideration the type of jobs being created, the amount of people who are no longer looking for work because of age etc, and when you couple all of this together, you get a different picture. Now as far as the economy is concerned, housing costs are plummeting, which is a leading indicator of the economy and also consumer credit card debt is rising at a larger rate which means that people are financing their present and future because as we all know the bill comes due. As for me I'm retired and have made the financial adjustments I need to survive.

Guest BushBacker
Actually I'm better informed than you think. As far as unemployment is concerned, the actual amount of new jobs are the only statistics that the Government releases. You need to look at the amount of jobs lost and apply it to the amount of new jobs. The Department of Labor stopped giving those statistics about a year ago, so you aren't getting a true picture. You also have to take into consdideration the type of jobs being created, the amount of people who are no longer looking for work because of age etc, and when you couple all of this together, you get a different picture. Now as far as the economy is concerned, housing costs are plummeting, which is a leading indicator of the economy and also consumer credit card debt is rising at a larger rate which means that people are financing their present and future because as we all know the bill comes due. As for me I'm retired and have made the financial adjustments I need to survive.

As I said; In true defeatocratic fashion, you look for the slug in the pot of gold.

Guest a proud american
This is your brain on drugs.

I actually studied the tax information that Loki so graciously posted from the IRS statistics. And they are impressive. However, they only include up to 2003. What we need to look at is 04-06. Actually 09 when they are set to expire. But Since the other information is basically useless since the tax cuts didn't take effect until 04 one can only ask the question. If the majority of the tax cuts went to the most wealthiest and they are supposedly paying the lions share of the taxes then how come they are getting wealthier at the same time more people are becoming poorer?

Guest BushBacker
I actually studied the tax information that Loki so graciously posted from the IRS statistics. And they are impressive. However, they only include up to 2003. What we need to look at is 04-06. Actually 09 when they are set to expire. But Since the other information is basically useless since the tax cuts didn't take effect until 04 one can only ask the question. If the majority of the tax cuts went to the most wealthiest and they are supposedly paying the lions share of the taxes then how come they are getting wealthier at the same time more people are becoming poorer?

I'll check with Nancy Pelosi and get back to you.

Guest BushBacker
It was a comment NOT directed at you but at those who despite the opinion of sixteen US intelligence agencies and now that of a bipartisan committee think all is fine & dandy in BushWorld.

Usual "Blame America First" rhetoric from a Kool-aider.

Guest BushBacker
The usual ASININE Kool-Aid remarks from a wanker who has NO DEFENSE for the the idiot he backs.

According to a panel discussion on tv, sunday afternoon, Bush will go down as one of the greatest presidents in history. During his 6 years in office the U.S. has experienced hugh economic growth with virtually no unemployment, thanks to his tax cuts. The deficit is down a third over the last 2 years. All this dispite 9/11. All this dispite a war on terrorism (that has kept us safe for 5 years).

Kudos to Bush for rejecting the defeatocrats call to cut and run from Iraq and Afganistan. As former General Tommy Franks just said during an interview, "if we cut and run, terrorism WILL follow us home, we must finish the job". When you Kool-aid drinking defeatocrats are hiding under your beds, give thanks to Bush for protecting your sorry asses.

And as  former military, you want to cut and run ??  Whose military were you in ??

If it's not an ASININE Kool-Aid remark it's a meaningless sound bite.

Cut and run is actually the R M Nixon strategy of weaseling out of impeachment, removal from office, and probable criminal charges.

According to a panel discussion on tv, sunday afternoon,  Bush will go down as one of the greatest presidents in history.  During his 6 years in office the U.S. has experienced hugh economic growth with virtually no unemployment, thanks to his tax cuts. The deficit is down a third over the last 2 years. All this dispite 9/11.  All this dispite a war on terrorism (that has kept us safe for 5 years).

Just what panel was this? Dummy, Rummy and the Dick?

You truly are suffering from delusions and hallucinations.

If it's not an ASININE Kool-Aid remark it's a meaningless sound bite.

Cut and run is actually the R M Nixon strategy of weaseling out of impeachment, removal from office, and probable criminal charges.

WRONG! The first president to warn against Cut and Run, and it involves Vietnam, wasn't Nixon, it was LBJ.

And, truth be told, RESIGNATION was the tool used to weasel out of impeachment.