LAYOFFS

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Word is out that Harrison is going to layoff 8 cops and 12 firemen due to a budget gap of over 2 million dollars.Taxes have already been increased fot the everyday person in town. The Red Bulls still refuse to pay their 2.3 million dollars of last years taxes. Is anyone going to stand up and fix this problem or are we going to just roll over and let the firemen and cops disappear because of greed and arrogance.You regular tax payers should revolt until the Red Bulls pay their due!

Guest Guest

Word is out that Harrison is going to layoff 8 cops and 12 firemen due to a budget gap of over 2 million dollars.Taxes have already been increased fot the everyday person in town. The Red Bulls still refuse to pay their 2.3 million dollars of last years taxes. Is anyone going to stand up and fix this problem or are we going to just roll over and let the firemen and cops disappear because of greed and arrogance.You regular tax payers should revolt until the Red Bulls pay their due!

What if the court rules in the Red Bulls favor?

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Remember when all the talking heads thought the Red Bulls were going to be Harrison's deliverance?

Guest Guest

All that matters in court in a contractual issue/agreement is that which is stated in the four corners of the paper. In this case, the Red Bulls are the winner all the way up to the Supreme Court. That's not gonna change. It takes a businesseman to run the town, not an unemployed plumber who got a patronage job at PVSC by Tom Powell and others who were elected because "thats the way its always been," instead of people who get things done instead of blindly following someone off a cliff. You have elected and re-elected the same incompetent crew for 16 years, since 1995, and have had disastrous after disastrous year. Now the house of cards is folding and they are saying to the residents who are stuck in Harrison, " Stop down my house if your ever down the Jersey shore, later." Sad.

Guest Guest

If I did not pay my taxes, the town would take my property. Why can't we shut the Red Bulls stadium down or block the doors? That's not fair, why should they get away with not paying taxes when we have too. I am starting to think that maybe there was a secret agreement betweeen our town and the Red Bull Stadium that they got an abatement for so many years.

Guest guest

Harrison is taking over redbulls,take some people that lost their jobs due to layoffs,and let us work some games! All im asked to do is volunteer.Dont want to pay me dont ask me to volunteer.Half of these people have full time jobs.

Guest blueclaw

The Fire & police Chiefs have been told to retire. 8 cops are being laid off and the FD will go down to 24 men.A private company will take over the mbulance.The Fire Chief has asked the Mayor to make him Public Safety Director.

Times are bsd.The days of wine and roses are over. :o

Guest Guest

How can you tell a Police Officer with less than 25 years on the job to retire? I know McDouchebag thinks he's God, but get back to reality. The Fire Dept. can easily be dismissed without affecting town services, but no way is Harrison going to have only 30 cops. That would mean that there would be only 1 cop on duty 24/7 to protect the residents of the entire town. Stick your predictions back up your *** and go back to bed loser.

Guest Guest

The Fire & police Chiefs have been told to retire. 8 cops are being laid off and the FD will go down to 24 men.A private company will take over the mbulance.The Fire Chief has asked the Mayor to make him Public Safety Director.

Times are bsd.The days of wine and roses are over. :o

as i taxpayer i would like to know, why our dispatchers are dispatching for east newark? my understanding is that their salary comes from the police budget and yet they dispatch for another dept? whats the benefit for harrison to have them do so? more importantly, do the taxpayers pay for liability issues that arise? If the town gets nothing in exchange? why should i have to pay to service another town and keep their officers safe? SCREW THEM.......let them deal with the crap they had before!

as far as the chief becoming the director? he doesn't qualify and i would think the state would have to approve such an appointment.

as i taxpayer i would like to know, why our dispatchers are dispatching for east newark? my understanding is that their salary comes from the police budget and yet they dispatch for another dept? whats the benefit for harrison to have them do so? more importantly, do the taxpayers pay for liability issues that arise? If the town gets nothing in exchange? why should i have to pay to service another town and keep their officers safe? SCREW THEM.......let them deal with the crap they had before!

as far as the chief becoming the director? he doesn't qualify and i would think the state would have to approve such an appointment.

Your dispatchers are dispatching East Newark Police and Fire because:

1. East Newark is paying them to do so.

2. Harrison gets more state aid for sharing services.

1+2=More money for Harrison = savings for Harrison Tax payers. yaay.

Actually if anyone does qualify that's currently employed by the town it would be him. The Fire Chief was a cop.

I think they would want to bring in an outsider though or at least I hope they would. One that would be clean of local politics.

Guest Guest

There are 8 cops who can retire. 1 Captain, 4 Lts. and 3Sgts. All were appointed in 1984. They would be crazy to stay because the Gov. wants them to pay 30% of their health benefits. They also pay 8.5% of their pension. If they retired before these plans take effect, they would not have to pay fortheir health benefits or pension. Do the math and get out while you can.

As for the Chief, he is up shits creek without a paddle. But, ** *** *** *** ******* ******** and **** **** ****** ***** ******. The Fire Chief has 34 years in the pension. Get out! The Mayor doesn't want you as Public Safety Director. Your a l****** in your *** ****. :rolleyes:

What is the PBA President doing to prevent these layoffs? His tirade at the Council Meeting about mismanagement just got the politicians mad. :o

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Guest

Your dispatchers are dispatching East Newark Police and Fire because:

1. East Newark is paying them to do so.

2. Harrison gets more state aid for sharing services.

1+2=More money for Harrison = savings for Harrison Tax payers. yaay.

Actually if anyone does qualify that's currently employed by the town it would be him. The Fire Chief was a cop.

I think they would want to bring in an outsider though or at least I hope they would. One that would be clean of local politics.

actually .your misinformed the dispatchers are not paid extra to dispatch for east newark police or fire. no savings for taxpayers and yes plenty of LIABILITY for harrison, check your facts.

actually .your misinformed the dispatchers are not paid extra to dispatch for east newark police or fire. no savings for taxpayers and yes plenty of LIABILITY for harrison, check your facts.

I am not misinformed. I said East Newark is paying "them" to do so. By them I meant the Town of Harrison. What Harrison pays there employees to do or not to do is not of East Newarks concern.

East Newark pays Harrison to provide dispatch services.

Guest Guest

I am not misinformed. I said East Newark is paying "them" to do so. By them I meant the Town of Harrison. What Harrison pays there employees to do or not to do is not of East Newarks concern.

East Newark pays Harrison to provide dispatch services.

WRONG AGAIN, east newark hasnt paid crap to anyone, if that was the case the merger would be in place and cops wouldnt be laid off.east newark residents and employees are the winners in this MESS. they gained professional service and excellent dispatchers!

Guest Guest

Police Officers, good guys, arguing over who is paying the dispatchers while the Mayor and council are on the third floor planning on taking your job away. Dummy up.

WRONG AGAIN, east newark hasnt paid crap to anyone, if that was the case the merger would be in place and cops wouldnt be laid off.east newark residents and employees are the winners in this MESS. they gained professional service and excellent dispatchers!

That makes no sense. Even if what you say is true (and it isn't), lets be reasonable would anyone provide a service that they aren't getting paid for? Why would Harrison agree to it, they would be nuts.

Anyway lets assume for one second that what you say is true. East Newark has not paid anything to Harrison for that service. How would them paying for dispatching service all of a sudden mean a merger in the police department? That makes no sense.

Guest Guest

That makes no sense. Even if what you say is true (and it isn't), lets be reasonable would anyone provide a service that they aren't getting paid for? Why would Harrison agree to it, they would be nuts.

Anyway lets assume for one second that what you say is true. East Newark has not paid anything to Harrison for that service. How would them paying for dispatching service all of a sudden mean a merger in the police department? That makes no sense.

you must b from kearny! harrison does ems service for east newark for years now and guess what, thet dont pay for it, harrison pays same with school system. harrison has always bailed out east newark. there is no merger idiot otherwise cops wouldnt be on the chopping block. its mutual aid service that harrison gives into, screwing their residents and benefiting the east newark folks.

harrison screws up with redbulls and you question are they nuts? really? ask any harrison dispatchers they got royally screwed by the town.their pay is additional work,liability and crap!stay in kearny please.....

you must b from kearny! harrison does ems service for east newark for years now and guess what, thet dont pay for it, harrison pays same with school system. harrison has always bailed out east newark. there is no merger idiot otherwise cops wouldnt be on the chopping block. its mutual aid service that harrison gives into, screwing their residents and benefiting the east newark folks.

harrison screws up with redbulls and you question are they nuts? really? ask any harrison dispatchers they got royally screwed by the town.their pay is additional work,liability and crap!stay in kearny please.....

wow... East Newark pays a lump yearly sum for EMS service. You have you stories all messed up. In addition to the lump sum Harrison gets paid they also bill insurance of East Newark residents and get extra money that way. And not for nothing when Harrison EMS comes to East Newark they put ENFD on standby to cover them, they end up with more fire protection then before that EMS call came in. Also the rumor was East Newark was going to buy Harrison a new ambulance and forgo the yearly payment for the next few years. But I guess that isn't going to happen now that HFD is cutting back. There goes that EMS money!!

And what does "harrison pays same with school system" mean?

In fact here is the article to prove it. And beyond the article I know it's true. East Newark pays Harrison $45,000 a year to provide the service.

Wrong again buddy!!

East Newark/Harrison Dispatch

Guest Guest

In fact here is the article to prove it. And beyond the article I know it's true. East Newark pays Harrison $45,000 a year to provide the service.

Wrong again buddy!!

East Newark/Harrison Dispatch

so b/c it was written in the paper it's true? b/c mayor smith said? wow you are special! dont assume buddy!