WAY TO GO BIG MAC,ART WINS ON ABSENTEES

Guest Guest

Guest BlueTideBacker
MAYOR IS STILL UNDEFEATED,NOW YOU HAVE FOUR YEARS TO PAYBACK. ARTIE WINS BY SMALL MARGIN.

Election night in Harrison reminds me of the movie; "Night Of The Living Dead". The Zombies arose from the grave and voted for their leader.

Cliffhanger in 2nd Ward

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - Mayor Raymond J. McDonough was re-elected last night and his ticket won three out of four Town Council seats.

The Second Ward seat was too close to call last night, with incumbent Arthur Pettigrew behind Steven McCormick by 12 votes, with 28 ballots and a slew of provisional ballots not yet counted.

McDonough, the Democratic incumbent who has held his post for the past 11 years, defeated challenger Anselmo Millan 1,489 votes to 933.

"I think the voters realized that I'm sincere and dedicated to the town," McDonough said last night.

In the First Ward, political newcomer Jesus Huaranga, running on the McDonough ticket, defeated Maria Camano 282 to 201.

McCormick was ahead of Pettigrew 264 to 252, and James Doran defeated Millan-backed Joseph Wood 400 to 192 in the Fourth Ward.

In the Third Ward, Laurence Bennett, who ran unopposed on the McDonough ticket, garnered 570 votes.

All seats carry four-year terms.

© 2006 The Jersey Journal

© 2006 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. ? STAY TUNED.!!!!

MAYOR IS STILL UNDEFEATED,NOW YOU HAVE FOUR YEARS TO PAYBACK. ARTIE WINS BY SMALL MARGIN.

Yo senhor check again Estefan wins by 69 votos, time for some corona, its a petti that pettigrew lost senhor que pena, lo hombre es loco tiene problemas de las cabeza.

Cliffhanger in 2nd Ward

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - Mayor Raymond J. McDonough was re-elected last night and his ticket won three out of four Town Council seats.

The Second Ward seat was too close to call last night, with incumbent Arthur Pettigrew behind Steven McCormick by 12 votes, with 28 ballots and a slew of provisional ballots not yet counted.

McDonough, the Democratic incumbent who has held his post for the past 11 years, defeated challenger Anselmo Millan 1,489 votes to 933.

"I think the voters realized that I'm sincere and dedicated to the town," McDonough said last night.

In the First Ward, political newcomer Jesus Huaranga, running on the McDonough ticket, defeated Maria Camano 282 to 201.

McCormick was ahead of Pettigrew 264 to 252, and James Doran defeated Millan-backed Joseph Wood 400 to 192 in the Fourth Ward.

In the Third Ward, Laurence Bennett, who ran unopposed on the McDonough ticket, garnered 570 votes.

All seats carry four-year terms.

© 2006  The Jersey Journal

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.  ?  STAY TUNED.!!!!

Harrison results not in 'til Monday

Friday, November 10, 2006

By ALI WINSTON

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

HARRISON - A final count for the neck-and-neck race for the town's Second Ward Council seat between Anthony Pettigrew and Steven McCormick will not be delivered until Monday, a representative of the Hudson County Clerk's Office said yesterday.

Absentee and provisional ballots were being counted yesterday but won't be tallied until Monday - government employees are off today due to Veterans Day.

The two candidates are separated by a mere 12 votes. Pettigrew, the incumbent, received 252 votes; the challenger, McCormick, received 264.

Mayor Raymomd J. McDonough was re-elected Tuesday and Third Ward Councilman Laurence Bennett ran unopposed.

By ALI WINSTON

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

HARRISON - A final count for the neck-and-neck race for the town's Second Ward Council seat between Anthony Pettigrew and Steven McCormick will not be delivered until Monday, a representative of the Hudson County Clerk's Office said yesterday.

Absentee and provisional ballots were being counted yesterday but won't be tallied until Monday - government employees are off today due to Veterans Day.

The two candidates are separated by a mere 12 votes. Pettigrew, the incumbent, received 252 votes; the challenger, McCormick, received 264.

Mayor Raymomd J. McDonough was re-elected Tuesday and Third Ward Councilman Laurence Bennett ran unopposed.

By ALI WINSTON

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

so monday the dead are asked to confirm their votes? who's bringing FER back??? and who the f*ck is anthony pettigrew??? is this a last minute ploy to give artie a backbone? this staff writer just doesn't know the pitbull :ph34r:

By ALI WINSTON

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

way to go steve

Harrison race decided

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

HARRISON - The race between incumbent Arthur Pettigrew and challenger Steve McCormick for the Second Ward seat on the Town Council appears to be over after provisional and absentee ballots were tallied yesterday.

McCormick emerged victorious, taking 308 votes to Pettigrew's 263, a significant increase from the 12-vote margin he held after Election Day - 264 to 252 - before absentee and provisional ballots were tallied.

The count was suspended Friday due to the observance of Veterans Day.

ALI WINSTON

Guest concerned citizen

Dear Art.

I did not vote for you on Nov 2nd...When Steve came to me and told me that no one was voting for you it took me a little time but I did see it his way and your own county committe people to know that you were done in the second ward...

How wrong was I!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry..You got me my job with the town of Harrison and now all I hear is how Steve is meeting with Villati and telling him how he wants to work with the town...WHAT ABOUT THE FINES.

IS HE PAYING ALL THE FINES HE OWES...HIS WHOLE CAMPAIGN WAS AGAINST THE B TEAM...I HONSTLY DO NOT UNDERSTATND..

ART DO YOU REALIZE THAT MOST OF YOUR FRIENDS DID NOT VOTE FOR YOU..DO YOU REALIZE THAT MOST OF THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO REGRET THEIR DECISION.!

WHAT ABOUT STEVE'S KIDS AND THE HARRISON SCHOOL SYSTEM...THEY ARE TOOOOOO GOOD FOR OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM....THEY GO TO A CATHOLIC SCHOOL .

I FEEL REALLY BAD RIGHT NOW...STEVE PROMISED ALL THIS STUFF BUT HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS!

HOW MUCH DOES HE PAY IN TAXES ON HIS HOUSE WHICH STANDS ON HIS BUILDING.????

IS IT TRUE THAT HE SUBMITTED ABSENTEE BALLOTS FOR PEOPLE THAT DID NOT REALLY LIVE IH HARRISON??????

HOW LOW WILL YOU PEOPLE SINK...THE FACT THAT HE STILL HAS ALL THOSE SIGNS IN HIS STORE THAT HE CANNOT RENT TELL US SOMETHING.

HEY HINCHY...HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE USED.??????????????

I saw Mrs. P. yesterday...She looks good...big smile on her face!!!!

Watch out McCormick...you might have won an election but you might have lost your dignity....

All I have to say...I am moving on Dec 1.....

Dear Art.

I did not vote for you on Nov 2nd...When Steve came to me and told me that  no one was voting for you  it took me a little time but I did see it his way and your own county committe people  to know that you were done in the second ward...

I am so sorry..You got me my job with the town of Harrison and now all I hear is how Steve is meeting with Villati and telling him how he wants to work with the town...WHAT ABOUT THE FINES.

IS HE PAYING ALL THE FINES HE OWES...HIS WHOLE CAMPAIGN WAS AGAINST THE B TEAM...I HONSTLY DO NOT UNDERSTATND..

ART DO YOU REALIZE THAT MOST OF YOUR FRIENDS DID NOT VOTE FOR YOU..DO YOU REALIZE THAT MOST OF THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO REGRET THEIR DECISION.!

WHAT ABOUT STEVE'S KIDS AND THE HARRISON SCHOOL SYSTEM...THEY ARE TOOOOOO GOOD FOR OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM....THEY GO TO A CATHOLIC SCHOOL .

I FEEL REALLY BAD RIGHT NOW...STEVE PROMISED ALL THIS STUFF BUT HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS!

IS IT TRUE THAT HE SUBMITTED ABSENTEE BALLOTS FOR PEOPLE THAT DID NOT REALLY LIVE IH HARRISON??????

HOW LOW WILL YOU PEOPLE SINK...THE FACT THAT HE STILL HAS  ALL THOSE SIGNS IN HIS STORE THAT HE CANNOT RENT TELL US SOMETHING.

Watch out McCormick...you might have won an election but you might have lost your dignity....

GOOD, GET THE HELL OUT IDIOT

Dear Art.

I did not vote for you on Nov 2nd...When Steve came to me and told me that  no one was voting for you  it took me a little time but I did see it his way and your own county committe people  to know that you were done in the second ward...

HOW LOW WILL YOU PEOPLE SINK...THE FACT THAT HE STILL HAS  ALL THOSE SIGNS IN HIS STORE THAT HE CANNOT RENT TELL US SOMETHING.

HOLD THAT THOUGHT!!!! STEVE IS ASKING VALLATA FOR A 'TOWN JOB'???

WELL, WE'LL HAVE TO 'REMEMBER' THAT IN 4 MORE YRS AND KICK HIM OUT, REPLACING HIM WITH 'SOMEONE ELSE'. IT'S TIME THESE GUYS LEARNED THAT THEY CAN;T KEEP SUCKING OUR FINANCIALLY STRAPPED TOWN DRY, LIKE WAS DONE IN THE PAST, WHEN THERE WAS A 'LOT' OF INDUSTRY PAYING 'BIG' TAXES AND WE COULD AFFORD TO WINK AT THESE PAYOFFS WITH THEIR HANDS IN THE NEVER EMPTY COOKIE JAR! IT'S TIME THESE POLICITICANS STARTED 'EARNING' THEIR VOTES 7 POSITION! NO MORE FREE RIDE or we 'REPLACE' YOU IN 4 YRS from now !!!!

IF YOU'RE GOOD, WE'LL VOTE YOU IN 'AGAIN' INN 4 YRS.

Dear Art.

YOU FORGOT HEY ART I'LL SEE YOU ON NOV 23TH I'LL STUFF YOU WITH APPLES,TELL MH WHERE YOUR WHITE MEAT IS AT. :rolleyes:

move to bayville, point pleasant and lbi where all the smart ones go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Art.