Good bye Fire Dept.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I keep myself close to county news and not these piss ant local Mayors and it appears that the Harrison Fire Department has a short shelf life. Ray is gonna cut out soon so then who's shoulder will you cry on? It is going to be volunteer or merged with another town with a combined much smaller budget. Their will be demotions in all ranks and less rank overall due to restructuring if it goes that way. I personally am hoping for a volunteer department with a private ambulance service taking over. One way or another, changes are in the works. Once Ray and Dollarhan are gone, thats the swan song.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

I keep myself close to county news and not these piss ant local Mayors and it appears that the Harrison Fire Department has a short shelf life. Ray is gonna cut out soon so then who's shoulder will you cry on? It is going to be volunteer or merged with another town with a combined much smaller budget. Their will be demotions in all ranks and less rank overall due to restructuring if it goes that way. I personally am hoping for a volunteer department with a private ambulance service taking over. One way or another, changes are in the works. Once Ray and Dollarhan are gone, thats the swan song.

Barney, How are you ever going to realize your dream of becoming one of Harrison's Bravest if the FD goes away? You'll have to be satisfied with wearing your NYPD SWAT t-shirt in your momma's basement.

Here's the real deal Barney, the FD's not going away. It's not going volunteer and it's not merging with Kearny (although I do think that could work). Don't give up though, you're good for a laugh every day reading your nonsense with my coffee.

This is not the best move for the safety of Harrison. Changes are in the works, but they don't have to be so drastic. If Harrison does go down to 20 odd men they would have to be cuts in the ranks but you honestly you still need rank and you still need to pay them. Those with the rank take huge liability and make life or death decisions. They should be compensated as such.

You make not think the Fire Department is needed but that just means you are oblivious to your surroundings.

Guest Guest

I am so glad that there are gonna be fired Fireman dragging themselves out of the Harrison Firehouse sulking with their heads hung down and crying over the end of their $125,000.00 a year for life vacation and have to get a real job. I couldn't be happier. It's like a dream come true. Please, please publish the date so I can get my camera set-up to catch he action. That Wal-Mart job is looking better now, isn't it!

Guest Guest

Like everyone else, I recognize that the HFD costs money to run; money paid by the taxpayer. No matter how bad things are though, I don't think we should be cheerleading for the DEMISE of the department. Perhaps costs can be better controlled, or cuts can be made, but to eliminate the entire department makes us all less safe.

Guest Guest

Nobody cares...the HFD is done, finished!! The children should get that day off every year to celebrate if it's a school day. No more $125,000.00/year vacation for you fat lazy man. No other town is hiring either. Maybe you can make sandwiches at Enzo's or deliver pies for Nino's Pizza. AHAHAHAHAHA

Guest Guest

Cry me a river. I once saw a pregnant woman chanding o flat tire outside the Clubhouse while three frat boyz didn't even help her. I stopped and changed the tire for her. She had a few choice words for the fat, in their shorts, losers. Pitifull.