teachers

Guest Guest

Guest GUEST

Idiots like you can't even get your little monsters to school every day of the current schedule. How do you plan on getting them to school for another 3 months?

Maybe if you supported the schools, and people didn't take they're animals on month long vacations to South America during the school year, Kearny wouldn't be rated 230th.

Little monsters!! This is what you think of your students. Don`t blame the parents because your teaching skills are lousy. By the way my child only has 2 days out of school this year, how many days were you out? The responsibility of teachers is to educate our students if they fail to do so they should be TERMINATED. The average working person has to answer for their job performance ,but a teacher with tenure get`s a free ride. The B.O.E. should get rid of teachers like you and hire one`s that want to educate our children ,or as you put it our little monster I support the schools 100 percent, more than you could ever dream of doing. Animals, you are a poor excuse of a human being. Do yourself and our students a favor and QUIT teaching. Just think if the school year was extended then the parents would not be able to take,as you stated,our animals to south america for a month. By the way Kearny is 230th because of moron teachers like you. DO YOUR JOB MORON. Have a lousy day

Guest Guest

Ms. Crabtree, I'm sure you met Munster, not monster, remember I was in your fifth grade class Eddie Munster. Everyone is fine except Grandpa, he's getting a little old.

Is there a class called Aryan Nation Studies at the Schools. Those "animals" that take their month long vacations to South America really seems to bother you. You a total disgrace to every teacher in Kearny and if anyone knows who you are they should turn you in to be terminated for extreme racism. Those S. American animals are people, children, human beings. Maybe you should know that the richest man in the world is from S. America, Carlos Slim. I guess it is possible to educate an animal unless your doing better than the $70 billion he has in the investments and cash. Your 230th rank in the State is not because of the children, it is because Kearny hires very marginable teachers to instruct them. When a football team stinks, they fire the coach not the players. Maybe if some of the teachers who are racist like you and are getting consistently poor grades are because of YOU! Merit pay might be the answer. I am sure their are teachers who go that extra yard for the kids to help them and then there are pitifull, lazy slugs like you.

The racism is the worst thing. Do you hate the blacks, orientals, and all hispanics. You are sick in the head. 230th in a town that has one of the highest per pupil cost in the state. It's absolutely shamefull. To the good teachers, sorry and keep up the good work. This person is just should not be allowed to teach at any school. 14 weeks of vacation and you are still complaining. You are the absolute worst.

Guest knowsbetter

Yes they did walk on their own time, but to say they marched for our children is crazy. they marched for themselves. I have a idea, let`s have the teachers work all year instead of having three months off in the summer. Maybe than our scores would come up. Too many days off for teachers during the year. Remove tenure for teachers this way the B.O.E. woulId be able to fire them if their teaching skills are not helpful to the students. The only thing the teachers want is to keep TENURE,RAISES,BENEFITS period!! If they were concerned about our students than kearny would not be rated 230 in the state. So who`s got their head up their butt????

In answer to your last question, YOU DO!!!! Teachers were marching on behalf of your children. If teachers are laid off, class sizes will increase and bigger classes mean less attention to the individual child! Try watching these teachers doing their job in class every day teaching YOUR children - it is an exercise in DEDICATION!!! So, don't attempt to put yourself in their place. You obviously wouldn't understand this concept since you obviously WERE ABSENT FROM SCHOOL FOR TWELVE YEAR!!! REMEMBER TO VOTE ON APRIL 27TH!!! GO BUDGET!!!

Guest Guest

Ms. Crabtree, I'm sure you met Munster, not monster, remember I was in your fifth grade class Eddie Munster. Everyone is fine except Grandpa, he's getting a little old.

Is there a class called Aryan Nation Studies at the Schools. Those "animals" that take their month long vacations to South America really seems to bother you. You a total disgrace to every teacher in Kearny and if anyone knows who you are they should turn you in to be terminated for extreme racism. Those S. American animals are people, children, human beings. Maybe you should know that the richest man in the world is from S. America, Carlos Slim. I guess it is possible to educate an animal unless your doing better than the $70 billion he has in the investments and cash. Your 230th rank in the State is not because of the children, it is because Kearny hires very marginable teachers to instruct them. When a football team stinks, they fire the coach not the players. Maybe if some of the teachers who are racist like you and are getting consistently poor grades are because of YOU! Merit pay might be the answer. I am sure their are teachers who go that extra yard for the kids to help them and then there are pitifull, lazy slugs like you.

The racism is the worst thing. Do you hate the blacks, orientals, and all hispanics. You are sick in the head. 230th in a town that has one of the highest per pupil cost in the state. It's absolutely shamefull. To the good teachers, sorry and keep up the good work. This person is just should not be allowed to teach at any school. 14 weeks of vacation and you are still complaining. You are the absolute worst.

I agree 230 times. Well said.

Guest Guest

To knowsbetter: It's difficult, but possible, to believe that your fellow teachers do not know who you are. People who are so bitter and ouright racist like you often have a hard time not slipping up when you are not at home and rage to your family about the...I don't want to say the names you probably call different races. Monsters? Weren't you a little monster, as you say, at one point in your life. I know a family who have a little girl that has a terminal disease, I'm getting emotional just because you are so damn cruel and I'm picturing her, you should be lucky it's not you, who will not live a long life. They go to "their country" once a year for like a month so she can spend time with her cousins and friends she had before they moved here. Does this little amazing sick Spanish child make you sick, you racist *****? I can only hope that some teacher who has a conscience turns you in and you are fired. You have severe mental problems to deal with, then again I could care less where you end up as long as it's away from the children.

Guest Guest

Why are you so sure that the ignoramus who mentioned the children who are taken out of school for extended vacations is necessarily a teacher? Monsters is a harsh term.

It is a huge problem, and a lot of resources (read: money) are used to try to get these children back on grade level. Unfortunately, the poster used some inappropriate language, but the message is not wrong. Most children do fine missing a couple of days here and there, a bout with the flu, the poor unfortunates who suffer from asthma - all understandable and I don't know of a single teacher who won't bend over backwards to help those children with the lessons missed through no fault of their (or their parents') own. When children leave school for often a month at a time to visit their "country" they lose more than the lessons taught during their absence - they lose some of their English language skills since their "country" is rarely an English speaking country. Getting these children back on track is a monumental task.

Guest Baloney

Idiots like you can't even get your little monsters to school every day of the current schedule. How do you plan on getting them to school for another 3 months?

Maybe if you supported the schools, and people didn't take they're animals on month long vacations to South America during the school year, Kearny wouldn't be rated 230th.

No way this was a teacher! Just a sh*t stirrer.

Guest Guest

I personally, in my opinion, never said it was the teachers. There was no painting with a broad brush going on here. However, I unfortunately do believe it was a single teacher who made the comments. Most teachers work ethic is sound and they do present their best effort to educate the students, but in any govt., union, profession, politics (be it union or not), there are exceptions concerning people who care about nothing but money and what benefits them specifically. Doctors who run pill mills, unscrupulous accountants, corrupt politicians (you are in Hudson County, NJ after all) and other professions for that matter. I am regretfull for saying doctors and accountants but they are hot button issues that are devastating the country as a whole in very recent times. My reasoning is that, you may say it's stupid or ridiculous, is that some union employees, a teacher this time, are so devoted to the almighty buck rather than their profession that I think the teacher did lash out in a rage of sort because of recent changes taking place concerning monetary issues with the new Governor. It's not at all improbable. I, as well as you, have most likely seen lifelong friendships end over $10.00. This concerns hundreds a month. That is my reasoning and opinion. If you are a teacher who feels insulted by that I apologize but I call it like I see it.

Guest Just Like A Business

I'll go along with keeping the schools open for 11.5 months - I think you'd agree with a 2 week vacation, wouldn't you? Except, my husband started with 2 weeks and receives an additional week for every 5 years thereafter, that sounds fair, doesn't it just like in business? So let me think...I'm finishing my 29th year so I guess I'm entitled to 2 weeks plus nearly 6 additional weeks for my years with the company - you want us to work like a business, right? So now they need a substitute teacher to cover those additional 6 weeks beyond the 2 that you'd agree everyone should start with, just like in business, right?

Here's the next issue: when we stay open for 11.5 months, we'll have to close when the buildings reach temperatures above 90 degrees - that's just a health issue, right? Since only 1.5 schools are air conditioned (Lincoln and the new part of Schuyler) that means that we'd have to close the schools for much of a typical July and August (not to mention the heavy temperatures that build in those school in both June and September - those flat roofed buildings are suffocating in the hot weather. Or we can spend the money efficiently air conditioning all of the schools. But old buildings like Roosevelt, Schuyler, Garfield, Washington, KHS, would probably then need entire new electrical and duct work in order to do that. I'm sure tax payers would be happy to foot the bill for that work. We need to keep the schools open for 11.5 months so the expense is worth it.

Here's another issue: families would have to sign contracts or be penalized for taking their children out of school at any time other than the 2 week vacation agreed upon in the schools. No taking the kids to Disney when the rates are lower, no visiting the family in Asia or South and Central American during their summers. Just like in business, you can't just take off with clearance from the bosses (administration), right?

Oops! One more thing, since salaries are calculated for the contracted time from September 1 through June 30, everyone would be expected to receive a 20% raise - like in business if you work 20% more days, you'd receive 20% more compensation, wouldn't you?

Keep the schools open for 11.5 months - as long as you all agree to make everything about it like a business, I'm in!

YOUR STATEMENTS ARE PRETTY ACCURATE. NOW I HAVE ONE FOR YOU. IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB OR MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS, THAN QUIT YOUR OR JOB OR GET RELEASED (FIRED) LIKE A BUSINESS....RIGHT?

Guest Guest

I personally, in my opinion, never said it was the teachers. There was no painting with a broad brush going on here. However, I unfortunately do believe it was a single teacher who made the comments. Most teachers work ethic is sound and they do present their best effort to educate the students, but in any govt., union, profession, politics (be it union or not), there are exceptions concerning people who care about nothing but money and what benefits them specifically. Doctors who run pill mills, unscrupulous accountants, corrupt politicians (you are in Hudson County, NJ after all) and other professions for that matter. I am regretfull for saying doctors and accountants but they are hot button issues that are devastating the country as a whole in very recent times. My reasoning is that, you may say it's stupid or ridiculous, is that some union employees, a teacher this time, are so devoted to the almighty buck rather than their profession that I think the teacher did lash out in a rage of sort because of recent changes taking place concerning monetary issues with the new Governor. It's not at all improbable. I, as well as you, have most likely seen lifelong friendships end over $10.00. This concerns hundreds a month. That is my reasoning and opinion. If you are a teacher who feels insulted by that I apologize but I call it like I see it.

I completely respect your thinking, but as I reread the original obnoxious post, I notice the grammar/spelling mistake:

a teacher wouldn't have chosen the incorrect form of the word, their (in my opinion.)

Guest Guest

YOUR STATEMENTS ARE PRETTY ACCURATE. NOW I HAVE ONE FOR YOU. IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB OR MORE IMPORTANTLY, YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS, THAN QUIT YOUR OR JOB OR GET RELEASED (FIRED) LIKE A BUSINESS....RIGHT?

Nowhere did I complain about my job - which I love. It seems so many posters have problems with my job and working conditions. I don't have a problem with changes, but the costs of those changes have to be taken into account. Very few people realize just what keeping the schools open for another month and a half will cost. Just putting it out there. If the public wants schools run like a business, then it has to be run like a business. ^_^

Guest Guest

You can play spellchecker and contract negotiator all you want, but do it with the town according to the Governors rules. My concern is the way the way a teacher making great money and benefits in a school district that ranks 230th in the state can call the children monsters. Without those monsters (your words) you wouldn't have a job. As to the blatant blanket abusive racism that has been displayed, thats all on you. I am wondering if these minority students tests are being graded on a harsher scale than your Aryan Nation (white) students. In my opinion, I think that you are unfairly targeting minority students when you grade their work. This absoluely horrendous practice should and be looked at on a by a State appointed auditor with special attention to Kearny. You may be resposible for these students not getting finincial assistance to college or a chance at a scholarship that you are saving for your white students. That is unacceptable and if uncovered those teachers should be immediately terminated and prosecuted. Level playing field. Remember that concept.

Guest Guest

The teacher(s) on the board can spell, but coming in 230th means that they cannot teach. The children cannot spell. You can correct a few words that were typed wrong, everybody does it, but can you overcome your evil racism. W H I T E P O W E R!! That is your message. My spelling and puntuation are O.K. this time. Please don't fail me Ms. Crabtree.

Signed,

Stymie

Guest Guest

My days of working are over, permanently! It is now that I can objectively see anger and extreme frustration on someone's part when the real issue is money. **** everything, what is in it for me? That person is YOU. Why don't you just come out and say it? You are in no way teacher material because it's apparent that you are just pushing kids through the system while searching for a way to get into another job, probably the education field that pays better because that's all you know. Hence the 230th ranking. That means nothing to you. Now correct any grammar or punctuation marks I made instead of addressing your demons.

Guest Guest

My days of working are over, permanently! It is now that I can objectively see anger and extreme frustration on someone's part when the real issue is money. **** everything, what is in it for me? That person is YOU. Why don't you just come out and say it? You are in no way teacher material because it's apparent that you are just pushing kids through the system while searching for a way to get into another job, probably the education field that pays better because that's all you know. Hence the 230th ranking. That means nothing to you. Now correct any grammar or punctuation marks I made instead of addressing your demons.

I don't know if it is the same person responding angrily over and over again, but I am not reading anger or greed from the teachers' side in this thread. If it is the same person, that person is not reading the same posts that I am reading. I am not reading anger or frustration from anyone but what sounds like the same bitter, bitter poster over and over again. This is typical of those who just want to rant and rage without offering any true, thoughtful, dialog about a problem which needs to be addressed. My guess is that you are not running for a position on the school board, and therefore, have not real desire for improvement or change, just a desire to attack and complain about things about which you have no real knowledge. Good luck with that. <_<

Guest Guest

The teacher(s) on the board can spell, but coming in 230th means that they cannot teach. The children cannot spell. You can correct a few words that were typed wrong, everybody does it, but can you overcome your evil racism. W H I T E P O W E R!! That is your message. My spelling and puntuation are O.K. this time. Please don't fail me Ms. Crabtree.

Signed,

Stymie

The message is simple and accurate and even you should be able to understand it. You want to make it a race issue which it is not, although it does seem that certain ethnic groups do not have the necessary respect for the system.

Education requires cooperation from parents. Taking a child out of school for a month is unacceptable.

Signed,

Farina

Guest Guest

You can play spellchecker and contract negotiator all you want, but do it with the town according to the Governors rules. My concern is the way the way a teacher making great money and benefits in a school district that ranks 230th in the state can call the children monsters. Without those monsters (your words) you wouldn't have a job. As to the blatant blanket abusive racism that has been displayed, thats all on you. I am wondering if these minority students tests are being graded on a harsher scale than your Aryan Nation (white) students. In my opinion, I think that you are unfairly targeting minority students when you grade their work. This absoluely horrendous practice should and be looked at on a by a State appointed auditor with special attention to Kearny. You may be resposible for these students not getting finincial assistance to college or a chance at a scholarship that you are saving for your white students. That is unacceptable and if uncovered those teachers should be immediately terminated and prosecuted. Level playing field. Remember that concept.

Give it a rest more sh*t stirrers! With an obvious agenda. How about "Aryan Nation (white) students", thats not racist? Once again a teacher did not post the offensive rant!

Guest Parent

These posts are really interesting-from Christie to Teacher haters. How many districts are in NJ? We are 230 something out of how many? (LIKE 649- I wouldnt mind being number 230 out of 649.) What is our average income ranked with all the districts that did better than we did? What percentage of our kids go to a 4 year college? What percentage of our town went to a 4 year college? Compair those numbers to the districts that did better than we did: Summit, Glenridge, Fort Lee, Mahwah....

An education equals a higher paying job (yes there are exceptions), kids in towns where their parents went to college do better on state tests. So are our kids failures? I dont see that. I think we are doing well for a blue collar town with white collar and poverty fringes. I went to college and yes both of my kids went to college. I think my kids did okay in the Kearny schools. We need to support our town, kids, teachers and schools. That is why I just voted yes for the budget today.

Most people that run their mouths about teachers (police and fire also) are just jealous of their pensions and benifits. I honestly wouldnt do their jobs. Most of our teacher are good honest people. Our Kearny teachers did a good job with my kids, the three techers I dont like gave my kids a D, F and a problem in gym. Notice a theme there-they didn't give my kids the grades I wanted them to have-so I dont like them. I read about changing tenure. I would have had all three teachers fired, they gave my kids a problem in their class. Looking back on it now, my kids were probably at fault, tenure just might be a good thing.

Guest Guest

These posts are really interesting-from Christie to Teacher haters. How many districts are in NJ? We are 230 something out of how many? (LIKE 649- I wouldnt mind being number 230 out of 649.) What is our average income ranked with all the districts that did better than we did? What percentage of our kids go to a 4 year college? What percentage of our town went to a 4 year college? Compair those numbers to the districts that did better than we did: Summit, Glenridge, Fort Lee, Mahwah....

An education equals a higher paying job (yes there are exceptions), kids in towns where their parents went to college do better on state tests. So are our kids failures? I dont see that. I think we are doing well for a blue collar town with white collar and poverty fringes. I went to college and yes both of my kids went to college. I think my kids did okay in the Kearny schools. We need to support our town, kids, teachers and schools. That is why I just voted yes for the budget today.

Most people that run their mouths about teachers (police and fire also) are just jealous of their pensions and benifits. I honestly wouldnt do their jobs. Most of our teacher are good honest people. Our Kearny teachers did a good job with my kids, the three techers I dont like gave my kids a D, F and a problem in gym. Notice a theme there-they didn't give my kids the grades I wanted them to have-so I dont like them. I read about changing tenure. I would have had all three teachers fired, they gave my kids a problem in their class. Looking back on it now, my kids were probably at fault, tenure just might be a good thing.

Thank you! This is, perhaps, the most intelligent post I have read on KOTW in years. :rolleyes:

Guest Inside Eyes

After checking the list of School rankings with New Jersey Monthly, Kearny is 230 out of 322. I would say that we are in the lower two thirds of the schools in the state. That is not a good place to be.

Guest Guest

Why hasn't one of the teachers corrected the grammar and puntuations mistakes in the post of GIANT letters that was printed above by a teacher. Those mistakes are only pointed out by the teachers to us commun folk y'all. You think that 230th out of 649 is GOOD. It's TERRIBLE, DISGRACEFULL and I knew the money or salary would come into play. Pay the teachers more and we will put in a better effort. My Parents put All of their children into to private Catholic/Jesuit grammar schools, high schools, and colleges. None of them were cheap. Most were some of the best in the out of state from NJ system they also paid housing, living expenses, food, clothing, and sky high tuitions, but it paid off greatly in the end. It cost over a million dollars for us and they nor I ever took out a loan. That's one of the reasons why we ALL graduated college and three from Graduate School which was even way more money than the undergrad programs. They didn't get a break. They do not mind paying into the public school system although they paid a small fortune in the the private schools and never used one, but that avenue was available. They don't complain because even if you don't have the means they think all the children are entitled to a quality education, not overpaid teachers, greedy. The parents concern over education has also eroded. My parents pay their fair share willingly without a grudge and expect better than 230th out of 649. YOU ARE PROUD OF THAT? Pushing kids through the system does not exactly resonate pride, it's awfull. Forget the dollar signs and teach for a damn living!