Friends and Family Plan

Guest Not Verizon

Guest Not Verizon

At last weeks meet the candidates night for the Board of Education Election at the LCC on Davis Ave, two candidates, incumbent, running for re-election Dave Stevenson and Candidate seeking election, Zibby Viscuso expressed their reason for running as " I am here for Supt. Frank Digesere, he is my friend and I am here for him". While other candidates offered some legitimate reasons for running these two publicly stated they are here for Frank! Hopefully the voters will send them a message, that you don't run for the BOE to be there just to be a YES vote for the Supt. This is nuts!!! The friends and family plan should end and now! Get people in there who want to do good things for our kids and be accountable to the taxpayer, not just be a extended voice of the supt. People complain all the time the way the BOE has operated, you have a choice this year to turn things around for the better! Stay clear of the Supt. ticket of Stevenson, Viscuso and Valdez they are all about BUSINESS AS USUAL. Frank Digesere is their campaign manager....beware. There are (5) other candidates all with the right views of making things better for kids, staff and the taxpayers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest You're Right

At last weeks meet the candidates night for the Board of Education Election at the LCC on Davis Ave, two candidates, incumbent, running for re-election Dave Stevenson and Candidate seeking election, Zibby Viscuso expressed their reason for running as " I am here for Supt. Frank Digesere, he is my friend and I am here for him". While other candidates offered some legitimate reasons for running these two publicly stated they are here for Frank! Hopefully the voters will send them a message, that you don't run for the BOE to be there just to be a YES vote for the Supt. This is nuts!!! The friends and family plan should end and now! Get people in there who want to do good things for our kids and be accountable to the taxpayer, not just be a extended voice of the supt. People complain all the time the way the BOE has operated, you have a choice this year to turn things around for the better! Stay clear of the Supt. ticket of Stevenson, Viscuso and Valdez they are all about BUSINESS AS USUAL. Frank Digesere is their campaign manager....beware. There are (5) other candidates all with the right views of making things better for kids, staff and the taxpayers.

You are on the money with that post. At the candidates night at KHS all three recited the same sentiments off their script, that they SUPPORT Supt. Frank Digesere, and they are his friends and he is the best thing for Kearny Schools.

If this is not unbelievable I do not know what is! How about Frank Digesere is retiring June 2011.....yes, he has handed in his RETIREMENT DOCUMENTS and he is finished! He also retired last year and than decided to stay. How about hiring a Superintendent that will be here for at least the next 5 years so he/or she can make an impact on the Education of our kids and not spend all their time watching their pension plan!

Now you have (3) people running for the BOE who are here for Mr. Digesere.....NOT OUR KIDS, BUT YES, THEIR FRIEND! STEVENSON, VISCUSO AND VALDEZ ALL RUNNING FOR MR. DIGESERE NOT OUR KIDS OR THE TAXPAYER....AMAZING!!!!

APRIL 27, 2011......SEND THESE PEOPLE A MESSAGE......NO MORE BUSINESS AS USUAL, HELP MAKE THE BOE RESPECTABLE AND ACCOUNTABLE TO OUR KIDS AND THE TAXPAYERS OF KEARNY. SAY NO MORE...STAY CLEAR OF 2,3 & 4. (BALLOT POSITIONS)

Guest Not so fast

Talk about putting a spin on what was said!! The fact that two candidates share the same vision and support the philosophy of the current superintendent is not an illegitimate reason for running for a board seat; nor is it the sole reason given by either of the respective candidates. Stop manipulating the facts to suit your own agenda.

I find it interesting that in a town as small as Kearny, with a fraction of a percent of its residents willing to put themselves out there on a ballot, the naysayers want to eliminate any perspective candidate who has ever had any contact or relationship with the administration. Good people are good people no matter who they know or share DNA with. Grow up.

Guest Get Out Fast

Talk about putting a spin on what was said!! The fact that two candidates share the same vision and support the philosophy of the current superintendent is not an illegitimate reason for running for a board seat; nor is it the sole reason given by either of the respective candidates. Stop manipulating the facts to suit your own agenda.

I find it interesting that in a town as small as Kearny, with a fraction of a percent of its residents willing to put themselves out there on a ballot, the naysayers want to eliminate any perspective candidate who has ever had any contact or relationship with the administration. Good people are good people no matter who they know or share DNA with. Grow up.

Not only should YOU grow up, but YOU should wake up. This election and winning a seat SHOULD HAVE NOTHING to do with a candidate liking the superintendent or not. This is about making good decisions for the students best education and being accountable when it comes to spending taxpayers dollars. THE SUPERINTENDENT IS RETIRING! HIS PAPERS ARE IN, HE IS LEAVING. HELLO.........

The fact that the super begged Viscuso to run is wrong, he is not suppose to have anything to do with the election, but that is only another issue. As far as good people being good people.....great, so if it is Stevenson's and Viscuso's feelings that the super is so great and they want to spend time with him KEEP GOING TO HIS HOME IN TOMS RIVER and having BBQ's with him all you want! So let us all MOVE ON !!

Guest Guest

I completely agree with you one this issue - if all of the complainers and critics actually ran for office, volunteered some time, maybe we'd have a true choice and a real election.