Red Bull Boondaggle

Guest Toms River Fan

Guest Toms River Fan

Today, the Red Bulls open their season, but the Harrison Town Council put a crimp on anyone who lives out of town attending the game. They will only allow you to park at meters or in the parking lots, otherwise you will receive a parking summons. That's a good way to stop vistors from patronizing local restaurants. It takes more then 1 hour to get out of the parking lots after the game and then the best thing you can do is to get onto 280 and leave town. I have season tickets, but after that vote, I won't be renewing them. I always arrived early and ate at the local restaurants before proceeding to my lot next to the Red Bull Stadium. Now, I will try to sell my tickets because it's a real hazzl to go to the game. :angry:

Guest Guest

Today, the Red Bulls open their season, but the Harrison Town Council put a crimp on anyone who lives out of town attending the game. They will only allow you to park at meters or in the parking lots, otherwise you will receive a parking summons. That's a good way to stop vistors from patronizing local restaurants. It takes more then 1 hour to get out of the parking lots after the game and then the best thing you can do is to get onto 280 and leave town. I have season tickets, but after that vote, I won't be renewing them. I always arrived early and ate at the local restaurants before proceeding to my lot next to the Red Bull Stadium. Now, I will try to sell my tickets because it's a real hazzl to go to the game. :angry:

Good we hope all Red Bull fans give up their tickets and nobody comes to any games any more. Harrison doesn't need the headache and disruption from this mess. We taxPAYERS have to put up with the NON PAYING TAXOWERS the Red BullSH***ERS and there crap. Just close them down

Guest Guest

WOWWWWW, IS THAT A THREAT?? GOOD YOU DIRTY LITTLE HAMSTER ONE LESS A-HOLE TO LOCK UP. SELL ALL YOU SH*T GET THE F*CK OUT!

Guest Guest

Barney, why don't you donate the tickets to the firefighters in town. You pathetic sack of s--t.

Guest guest

I agree with you, however, it is another one of the Mayor and council's blunders and not the residents fault. The Harrison citizens are going to have a bad enough year(s) because the Mayor and council have conducted a sneak attack on them after getting elected or re-elected on the isuue of property taxes. They are subverting the 2% cap proposed by the Governor and are trying to impose a 20% to 30% property tax increase in addition to the 24% increase last year. That figure may not be exactly accurate but it's close. What a way to thank the residents for voting for them by trying to rip the residents throats out financially. They have no shame in what they do to the residents. They simply don't care about anyone but themselves, their friends and families. Heartless actions towards a town of great people.

Guest Ex Blue Tider

I agree with you, however, it is another one of the Mayor and council's blunders and not the residents fault. The Harrison citizens are going to have a bad enough year(s) because the Mayor and council have conducted a sneak attack on them after getting elected or re-elected on the isuue of property taxes. They are subverting the 2% cap proposed by the Governor and are trying to impose a 20% to 30% property tax increase in addition to the 24% increase last year. That figure may not be exactly accurate but it's close. What a way to thank the residents for voting for them by trying to rip the residents throats out financially. They have no shame in what they do to the residents. They simply don't care about anyone but themselves, their friends and families. Heartless actions towards a town of great people.

This entire redevelopment project has been a giant fiasco. The Red Bulls stadium is nothing but headaches to homeowners and it's not the windfall some gullible people thought it would be. The developers sold a pie in the sky idea and the mayor and council swallowed it hook, line and sinker. The Red Bulls are now fighting the town on taxes (remember all those smiles and handshakes at the ground breaking)?? I see no relief in sight for Harrison, they can't undo the stadium or erase the thousand new residential units. Harrison better start looking at consolidation of sevices with Kearny,

there's a limit on how much you can tax people before they revolt.

Guest Barney

I was unable to get to the game because I was stuck in traffic, so I turned around and went home. I thought about going to the firehouse to partake in dinner with Harrison's Bravest and watch the game on TV, but I didn't feel I would be welcomed. Anyway, I read that the Red Bulls won with a goal scored by an 18 year old who was raised in Barnegat. How come none of Harrison's soccer players did not make the team. That would be a better story because of Harrison's long history of winning soccer championships. I don't think Barnegat has won any. :wub:

Guest Red Bull fan in Harrison

Good we hope all Red Bull fans give up their tickets and nobody comes to any games any more. Harrison doesn't need the headache and disruption from this mess. We taxPAYERS have to put up with the NON PAYING TAXOWERS the Red BullSH***ERS and there crap. Just close them down

How bout us Red Bull fans that are residents? The stadium is here and if you don't like it, maybe you are the one that needs to move out!

Guest Guest

How bout us Red Bull fans that are residents? The stadium is here and if you don't like it, maybe you are the one that needs to move out!

Hmmm .... I wonder which council person wrote this ??

Guest guest

I would not be seen going into or leaving a frat house in any town, except if they were volunteer ff, because I have dignity and an image of myself that does not include freeloading on my neighbors hard earned money as a way of life. The real, true reason the Harrison FF were not at the Red Bulls game was that before the stadium opened, they tried to reach into the developers pocket and get the developers to have an HFD Engine and six Gutless at every game at an OT rate and the developers told them GO SCREW, if we need you we'll call you. The Gutless complain about manpower but when they thought they could make a buck by taking a piece of equiptment away that is supposed to help save the residents lives, they were insistant on the matter and gave no thought to the fact that the engine was owned by the residents, not them. They only wanted money, "MEFIRST," with total disregard to the residents safety. DENIED. The developers readily agreed that having Harrison's Finest at every game to help with crowd control and trafic would prove most usefull. I agree.

Guest Guest

Typical party line. Eat the sh-t we feed you or leave.

Guest Guest

Isn't this a piece of typical ZOMBIE Logic.Screw the stadium, give it the kids to play on.Just cause your a resident we shouldn't be subsidizing a group of NON PAYING of millionaires!If our TAXES are going to pay for this crap then give the field to OUR kids!

Guest Red Bull fan in Harrison

Isn't this a piece of typical ZOMBIE Logic.Screw the stadium, give it the kids to play on.Just cause your a resident we shouldn't be subsidizing a group of NON PAYING of millionaires!If our TAXES are going to pay for this crap then give the field to OUR kids!

Maybe if the mayor and redevelopment agency did screw the deal up so bad, Red Bull would be paying taxes and help keep ours lower. You really need to direct your anger towards those that allowed this to happen. Funny how everyone complains that Red Bull isn't paying their fair share (because of a bad deal), but the same people who made and allowed that deal are voted back into office.

I'm not a zombie, I voted against them all, but I'm glad I'm able to hang out with friends and walk to a game easily.

Where are all the parks and fields and schools that the kids who will live in the new redevelopment going to go? Are you screaming to the mayor about having more parks built along the water, or just sitting back waiting to complain after everything is finished?