Mayor Santos in attendance at CHRISTIE EVENT

Guest Political Observer

Guest Political Observer

Is Mayor Santos a true Democrat, according to NJ.COM, Santos was in attendance in Union City with Sen & Mayor Stack in greeting Gov Christie which leads me to believe he is supporting the policies that have down graded all unions. I hope all Kearny Union leaders are watching for the sake of all its members.

Guest Patriot

Is Mayor Santos a true Democrat, according to NJ.COM, Santos was in attendance in Union City with Sen & Mayor Stack in greeting Gov Christie which leads me to believe he is supporting the policies that have down graded all unions. I hope all Kearny Union leaders are watching for the sake of all its members.

Mayor Santos is a true Patriot like everyone else that was in the audience. The hand writing's on the wall for unions; WI,OH,NJ are showing the way unions are headed.

I am so glad Mayor Santos is getting ahead of the curve and being, I hope, a leader in this cost savings effort put forth by the Honorable Governor Christie. The Governor has to start hitting these crybaby unions, like the firemen and teachers, with big cuts in pay and much larger contributions to their health benefits. Those aren't the only unions that need to get the smack down either. The salaries and benefits for these jobs have gotten wildly out of hand over the years and they want more, more, more. Now its time to CONTRIBUTE MORE. If you don't like it, find another job. Nobody cares. 10% towards a pension and 30% towards medical is just fine. If not, get your own HMO and retirement plan. NO MORE entitlement. Unions were Ok when the fat cat companies in the past were keeping all the profits and starving the people. Now the states are starving and these union members are running wild raises and perks. Teddy Roosavelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Christie follows that example. Most of these unions are riddled with nepotism and patronage jobs. There are 100 member fire depts. where 20% of the entire department are from the same extended family. Two jobs, three jobs, four jobs, along with a pension and healthcare plan for each job all held by one person. Outrageous. This unfairly labled union busting has to happen. No more 40 years on the job and leaving with an 80% pension and over $1 million in unused vacation and sick days. Lets give the next generation a chance. Fire Chiefs and Police Chiefs staying for over 40 years with constant raises. Its absurd. I view this as a great opportunity for my children to have a better future. Bust up this collective bargaining for good. I remember the title "Kearny Fireman save Kearny $1.1 million." Where is it? Where? Anywhere outside of NJ people cannot believe how much the property taxes are. You have to actually show them proof and they are aghast at it. This is to support not only the unions but the political corruption. Everyone in these small towns think its a joke to run at a deficit as long as everyone in Joe's family, for example, they been in town forever, makes $150K a year its cool. ITS WRONG!! GO CHRISTIE AND GOD BLESS YOU. E-mail someone at a company called GOOGLE and ask them if they want a union. They would bury you first. They have a job, benefits, a retirement plan, and are happy. The unions greed has run amok. Its time for change.

I am so glad Mayor Santos is getting ahead of the curve and being, I hope, a leader in this cost savings effort put forth by the Honorable Governor Christie. The Governor has to start hitting these crybaby unions, like the firemen and teachers, with big cuts in pay and much larger contributions to their health benefits. Those aren't the only unions that need to get the smack down either. The salaries and benefits for these jobs have gotten wildly out of hand over the years and they want more, more, more. Now its time to CONTRIBUTE MORE. If you don't like it, find another job. Nobody cares. 10% towards a pension and 30% towards medical is just fine. If not, get your own HMO and retirement plan. NO MORE entitlement. Unions were Ok when the fat cat companies in the past were keeping all the profits and starving the people. Now the states are starving and these union members are running wild raises and perks. Teddy Roosavelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Christie follows that example. Most of these unions are riddled with nepotism and patronage jobs. There are 100 member fire depts. where 20% of the entire department are from the same extended family. Two jobs, three jobs, four jobs, along with a pension and healthcare plan for each job all held by one person. Outrageous. This unfairly labled union busting has to happen. No more 40 years on the job and leaving with an 80% pension and over $1 million in unused vacation and sick days. Lets give the next generation a chance. Fire Chiefs and Police Chiefs staying for over 40 years with constant raises. Its absurd. I view this as a great opportunity for my children to have a better future. Bust up this collective bargaining for good. I remember the title "Kearny Fireman save Kearny $1.1 million." Where is it? Where? Anywhere outside of NJ people cannot believe how much the property taxes are. You have to actually show them proof and they are aghast at it. This is to support not only the unions but the political corruption. Everyone in these small towns think its a joke to run at a deficit as long as everyone in Joe's family, for example, they been in town forever, makes $150K a year its cool. ITS WRONG!! GO CHRISTIE AND GOD BLESS YOU. E-mail someone at a company called GOOGLE and ask them if they want a union. They would bury you first. They have a job, benefits, a retirement plan, and are happy. The unions greed has run amok. Its time for change.

I can't email Google - glenn beck said not to use Google.

Mayor Santos is a true Patriot like everyone else that was in the audience. The hand writing's on the wall for unions; WI,OH,NJ are showing the way unions are headed.

The REAL reason Santos went was because if Crispy was coming, you can count on free food being served. :lol:

• 8 months later...
Guest Union Member

Its interesting that Mayor Santos is following the Governors lead in dismantling the Town of Kearny piece by piece Town Workers, Police, Firefighters. What a shame reduced services with a tax increase to boot. Keep hanging with the Governor Mayor, and maybe Kearny will see the kind of person you really are in the eyes of working families. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

Guest dave s.

You people are so misinformed it's really almost scary. Around Oct. 20th there was an article on NJ.com that proved what the unions have been saying all along. There will be no huge savings the governor was selling to the public. In fact Christie in the article stated, that he never said there was going to be. You people who are claiming he saved you money are either stupid or just plain blind. The state is only kicking in a small portion of what they owe towards pensions. The actual union members are paying as usual ever pay check, and police and fire are now up to 10% of that pay check. I don't know the exact year, but i believe its around 2017 that the state will really be kicking in their share.

So, lets think about this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that in 2017 you people are going to be crying and wanting the public workers to pay more and more. When really its because the state is just kicking its payments down the line just like they have been doing for years. its exactly what got us into this mess in the first place. None of you were complaining when they took money out of the pension fund to give you your nice homestead rebates. Where was patriot when he was cashing his check using money we paid into? The pension fund is still heading towards disaster and the only thing the governor accomplished was thousands of people are now on unemployment because of him.

That means less cops, firemen, teachers, public works, court staff, snow plows, street cleaners, crossing guards. the list goes on and on. All these people who were spending money in the communities are now out of work , just trying to get by. So lets recap.

Your taxes still went up this year. Except you now have less services. And if you own a small business, you are losing even more customers.

Tell me again how NJ is better off?

And patriot, where is your post screaming and hollering about the 13 million that was just given out to a small few workers and Fanny and Freddie Mac as bonuses? They receive your tax dollars, caused the mess we are currently in, but its ok to give out a couple of workers millions as a bonus?

It's ok to pay a ceo a super high salary that we think is "too much", but a school district can't pay a teacher what they feel is a high salary to attract some of the top teachers in the field? Makes no sense at all.

Guest Overtaxed

You people are so misinformed it's really almost scary. Around Oct. 20th there was an article on NJ.com that proved what the unions have been saying all along. There will be no huge savings the governor was selling to the public. In fact Christie in the article stated, that he never said there was going to be. You people who are claiming he saved you money are either stupid or just plain blind. The state is only kicking in a small portion of what they owe towards pensions. The actual union members are paying as usual ever pay check, and police and fire are now up to 10% of that pay check. I don't know the exact year, but i believe its around 2017 that the state will really be kicking in their share.

So, lets think about this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that in 2017 you people are going to be crying and wanting the public workers to pay more and more. When really its because the state is just kicking its payments down the line just like they have been doing for years. its exactly what got us into this mess in the first place. None of you were complaining when they took money out of the pension fund to give you your nice homestead rebates. Where was patriot when he was cashing his check using money we paid into? The pension fund is still heading towards disaster and the only thing the governor accomplished was thousands of people are now on unemployment because of him.

That means less cops, firemen, teachers, public works, court staff, snow plows, street cleaners, crossing guards. the list goes on and on. All these people who were spending money in the communities are now out of work , just trying to get by. So lets recap.

Your taxes still went up this year. Except you now have less services. And if you own a small business, you are losing even more customers.

Tell me again how NJ is better off?

And patriot, where is your post screaming and hollering about the 13 million that was just given out to a small few workers and Fanny and Freddie Mac as bonuses? They receive your tax dollars, caused the mess we are currently in, but its ok to give out a couple of workers millions as a bonus?

It's ok to pay a ceo a super high salary that we think is "too much", but a school district can't pay a teacher what they feel is a high salary to attract some of the top teachers in the field? Makes no sense at all.

You're missing a key fact. The "State" and "they" are the taxpayers of New Jersey. New Jersey taxpayers don't want to pay any more. For the State to make the pension payments that public employees want, my income tax would go up. For the State and cities to keep all their public employees and giving them raises every year, then my income and property taxes would have to go even higher. I have tremendous respect for teachers, but a top step teacher at $90,000+ with a pension and full health benefits is not sustainable. A firefighter with just 7 years on the job making $98,000 with pension and benefits is not sustainable. A street sweeper making $60,000 a year with pension and health benefits is not sustainable.

I might be wrong, but I don't think voters will back you up. Christie's ratings have gone up this year because more and more independents are supporting his policies.

• 2 weeks later...

Try teaching 110 kids a day .Half care alittle and the other half come from broken families and don't care at all.We all know the parents don't care and thats why the kids don't care. The teachers should get a raise every year just for babysitting half of the kids in Kearny. I give the teachers alot of credit for what they do.it's not easy and more and more regulations are put on them.

Try teaching 110 kids a day .Half care alittle and the other half come from broken families and don't care at all.We all know the parents don't care and thats why the kids don't care. The teachers should get a raise every year just for babysitting half of the kids in Kearny. I give the teachers alot of credit for what they do.it's not easy and more and more regulations are put on them.

Are you kidding me.You sound like the one who came from a broken family or maybe your just a broken down teacher. They deserve raises? With the rating Kearny schools received from the State are You CRAZY. Make teachers work all year round if they want a raise or better yet tell them to start teaching so our state scores come up. Maybe the K.B.O.E. should retest all the teachers. The teachers have to many days off holidays, vacation days, personal days, 3 month`s off during the summer. The Teachers should stop blaming the Parents and concentrate on educating our Children.....

• 3 months later...
Guest Hikearnian

Can Mayor Santos survive another term after what he has done to the backbone of our town "OUR UNIONS"

Guest Guest

Can Mayor Santos survive another term after what he has done to the backbone of our town "OUR UNIONS"

He can if the repubs can't come up with better candidates.