teaching

Guest Handsome

Guest Handsome

The basic principles of getting a good education start at home. It's the parents responsibility to get involved and make sure their child or children are concentrating on what is being taught instead of complaining about the out of context of supposedly bad schools. Anyone can be a top student if they put in the effort and the parents stay involved. I do agree that the Hudson Counties are all typical. The B.O.E.'s repeatedly look to cheaper and less beneficial means of promoting a quality education while they spend more time trying to find a way to benefit themselves. In my opinion, students under-performing in no small part have a better chance at getting into college on a scholarship than better performing schools due to their minority status. Even the President of the U.S. got a free 4 year ride at Harvard after being a marginal student. This is widespread all over the U.S. A Black female Senator in Texas diverted funds away from the salvation army, the bell ringers at Holiday time, and gave 26 scholarships to every extended family member she could find all over the U.S. When caught, she said she didn't read the fine print about doling out cash to family members with no apology or remorse. Thats behavior that was not punished, she laughed about it on TV. When a white student I know got a perfect score on the SAT exam and never had even a "B" grade, all "A"s got put on a waiting list for a scholarship while several minority students from the same school whose academic performance was mediocre at best got full scholarships because of their minority status was appauling. Almost every minority judge on these TV court shows got free rides to Harvard as mediocre high school students then wound up doing good. Why stress education if this is the example thats set? The best students should get the rewards, not the middle of the pack students because of their minority status. This is also the case when thousands of jobs across the U.S. are given to minorities when a white student taking the same exam does better. Yet if a white person complains, they are labled as racist. The fact is that they are right to complain. They put in the hard work for what, a waiting list? This is especially apparent in public sector jobs such as cops, fireman, teachers, etc. If all men are created equal, then why the disparity when it comes to free rides when it comes to education and employment? Those are my opinions of a country gone crazy.

The basic principles of getting a good education start at home. It's the parents responsibility to get involved and make sure their child or children are concentrating on what is being taught instead of complaining about the out of context of supposedly bad schools. Anyone can be a top student if they put in the effort and the parents stay involved. I do agree that the Hudson Counties are all typical. The B.O.E.'s repeatedly look to cheaper and less beneficial means of promoting a quality education while they spend more time trying to find a way to benefit themselves. In my opinion, students under-performing in no small part have a better chance at getting into college on a scholarship than better performing schools due to their minority status. Even the President of the U.S. got a free 4 year ride at Harvard after being a marginal student. This is widespread all over the U.S. A Black female Senator in Texas diverted funds away from the salvation army, the bell ringers at Holiday time, and gave 26 scholarships to every extended family member she could find all over the U.S. When caught, she said she didn't read the fine print about doling out cash to family members with no apology or remorse. Thats behavior that was not punished, she laughed about it on TV. When a white student I know got a perfect score on the SAT exam and never had even a "B" grade, all "A"s got put on a waiting list for a scholarship while several minority students from the same school whose academic performance was mediocre at best got full scholarships because of their minority status was appauling. Almost every minority judge on these TV court shows got free rides to Harvard as mediocre high school students then wound up doing good. Why stress education if this is the example thats set? The best students should get the rewards, not the middle of the pack students because of their minority status. This is also the case when thousands of jobs across the U.S. are given to minorities when a white student taking the same exam does better. Yet if a white person complains, they are labled as racist. The fact is that they are right to complain. They put in the hard work for what, a waiting list? This is especially apparent in public sector jobs such as cops, fireman, teachers, etc. If all men are created equal, then why the disparity when it comes to free rides when it comes to education and employment? Those are my opinions of a country gone crazy.

What's crazy is white people in the US insisting that black folks have all the advantages. Younger people are getting past this nonsense. Stop stoking old fires.

These issues are not old fires, and the poster said minorites, not blacks. These are present, current day pratices that are still filling our schools and workforce with unqualified people pushed thru the system. I worked at a job with a minority guy who supposedly scored the highest on a test after me to get a job. Shortly thereafter, I was doing all the work because the only thing he could spell was his name. When I complained, they just transferred him to another part of the organization at the same money. The best rewards should go to the best qualified people without adding on points to their score for being a minority. Period.

Nice paragraph, moron! ;-)

These issues are not old fires, and the poster said minorites, not blacks.

Oh no, he didn't mean black people, of course not. He only mentioned President Obama, a black legislator and "whites." Give me a break.

These are present, current day pratices that are still filling our schools and workforce with unqualified people pushed thru the system. I worked at a job with a minority guy who supposedly scored the highest on a test after me to get a job. Shortly thereafter, I was doing all the work because the only thing he could spell was his name. When I complained, they just transferred him to another part of the organization at the same money. The best rewards should go to the best qualified people without adding on points to their score for being a minority. Period.

You ignore all the unqualified white people in the system. In Kearny that means people who are connected. I got news for you, they ain't minorities.

It's always the same. Bigots never see that they are bigoted. It's always those minorities who are at fault. Again, give me a break.

A bigot. I think not. I am one of the people who for years, not months, have been asking why is Kearny and Harrison one big white man and womans welfare system. I know that it couldn't be more apparent than in these towns of unqualified white people receiving outrageous slaries for menial jobs, and they don't even do the menial jobs well. Does the employee situation in Harrison and Kearny reflect the towns population. HELL NO. Thats not my battle. My battle is with the education sustem. Did you think it was OK for a black Senator to steal money from the salvation Army to give out like Christmas candy to her family and extended family under the guise of scholarships. You must have thought that was OK because you didn't mention it. They kept the money and she wasn't even verbally repremanded, another "OOPS mistake," right. Wrong!

President Obama is the President of the United States. Yet you lowered his title to legislator now. It might be Governor Obama in your next post. You are ashamed to even give the man his proper title. I guess you are accepting the idea of a marginal President already. Thats understandable.