HFD Reporting

Guest Barney

You dumb asshole firemen actually think that one person is writing all this stuff. I certainly love my writing, but at this point so many other people are sick of the Mayors and the Fire Departments shit that they are jumping in before I even get a chance to reply. What do you think, someone who might lose their house because of taxes of $12,000.00/year due to you assholes is going to stay silent forever. Nothing could happen to the Newark Cops, they got a good union. Nothing could happen to the jobs at PVSC because everyone keeps it quit. Nothing can happen to the Harrison Fire Dept. cause its all just us. Getting the picture now genius.

You dumb asshole firemen actually think that one person is writing all this stuff. I certainly love my writing, but at this point so many other people are sick of the Mayors and the Fire Departments shit that they are jumping in before I even get a chance to reply. What do you think, someone who might lose their house because of taxes of $12,000.00/year due to you assholes is going to stay silent forever. Nothing could happen to the Newark Cops, they got a good union. Nothing could happen to the jobs at PVSC because everyone keeps it quit. Nothing can happen to the Harrison Fire Dept. cause its all just us. Getting the picture now genius.

Whoa...is there a need for such foul language? Try writing something intelligible and people may listen.

Yes, I do get the picture, and thanx for pointing out that I cursed so much. Sometimes in life, thats the only language some people can understand, and when it comes to the fireboys threats and violence are their primary defense in almost every situation, like drug testing. As to clarify, my message was to the HFD. I was saying in different words that every organization and some people think they are irrepaceable. Thats a bad misconception have. They are arrogant, overpaid for a part time job, and the town simply cannot afford them. What is the town gonna do next year when every financial analyst I hear or article I read, or the State of Hudson County address given by the County Executive, all say that Hudson County is going to be MUCH worse off next year. It took Harrison a 24% property tax raise, higher water bils, and higher sewer bills just to meet payroll and to survive. That 24% property tax penalty on the residents was to pay bills left over from last year. Next year, when they can only raise taxes 2 1/2%, what then? Garbage pick-up once a month, terminated fireboys, terminated Police Officers, terminated jobs everywhere except the nepotism and patronage jobs. Harrison should just merge with Newark, not E. Newark , right now. Going to a volunteer fire Dept. starting ASAP will give the town an extra $5 million dollars a year, thats an obscene amount of cash paid only in salaries to 42 people (40 who live out of town). Its about $119,000.00/person just for glorified ambulance drivers. That $5 million dollars could stabilize the town and prepare it for the future, instead of doom it to the future for the residents. Who is going to be ignorant enough to move to or start a business in Harrison? If you want to leave, who's going to stupid enough to but your house except at a fire sale price. That was my point. Gracias.

Yes, I do get the picture, and thanx for pointing out that I cursed so much. Sometimes in life, thats the only language some people can understand, and when it comes to the fireboys threats and violence are their primary defense in almost every situation, like drug testing. As to clarify, my message was to the HFD. I was saying in different words that every organization and some people think they are irrepaceable. Thats a bad misconception have. They are arrogant, overpaid for a part time job, and the town simply cannot afford them. What is the town gonna do next year when every financial analyst I hear or article I read, or the State of Hudson County address given by the County Executive, all say that Hudson County is going to be MUCH worse off next year. It took Harrison a 24% property tax raise, higher water bils, and higher sewer bills just to meet payroll and to survive. That 24% property tax penalty on the residents was to pay bills left over from last year. Next year, when they can only raise taxes 2 1/2%, what then? Garbage pick-up once a month, terminated fireboys, terminated Police Officers, terminated jobs everywhere except the nepotism and patronage jobs. Harrison should just merge with Newark, not E. Newark , right now. Going to a volunteer fire Dept. starting ASAP will give the town an extra $5 million dollars a year, thats an obscene amount of cash paid only in salaries to 42 people (40 who live out of town). Its about $119,000.00/person just for glorified ambulance drivers. That $5 million dollars could stabilize the town and prepare it for the future, instead of doom it to the future for the residents. Who is going to be ignorant enough to move to or start a business in Harrison? If you want to leave, who's going to stupid enough to but your house except at a fire sale price. That was my point. Gracias.

Has the mayor ever considered getting rid of the PD ?? I don't think you could ever get enough reliable volunteers to man the FD and EMS full time, and the last thing you want is a serious fire with people dying and 3 volunteers show up.

But getting rid of the PD would be doable. 4 to 5 million would be saved, pay Kearny 2 million to cover Harrison, they could hire 10 -15 cops to improve their numbers without any expense to their taxpayers. Harrison saves 2-3 million, Kearny makes money, everyone's happy.

Guest Council Person

Has the mayor ever considered getting rid of the PD ?? I don't think you could ever get enough reliable volunteers to man the FD and EMS full time, and the last thing you want is a serious fire with people dying and 3 volunteers show up.

But getting rid of the PD would be doable. 4 to 5 million would be saved, pay Kearny 2 million to cover Harrison, they could hire 10 -15 cops to improve their numbers without any expense to their taxpayers. Harrison saves 2-3 million, Kearny makes money, everyone's happy.

Hmmmm, I think I'm going to look into that. Barney could get a job with Walmart security.

If you merged with Newark you would not be able to have a volunteer FD as you would now be part of Newark and they would never have volunteers. Please come up with a new suggestion and post that this one is impossible.

Harrison should sell an Engine. They have 3 only really use 1.

You want to get rid of the Police Department and you think I need psychological help. Go right ahead and do it. There is no doubt in my mind that Mayor McDonough would love to do that and would actually be stupid enough do try it with some jerkoff saying on here that fires go up in a bad economy, not crime. When has anyone from the Harrison Fire Dept. EVER ran into a burning building where 3 people are dying? NEVER. You gotta stop watching that "Backdraft" DVD because it is frying your brain. I don't think that any HFD clown would have the guts to run into a building to put out a candle. How many perilous blazing buildings have the HFD ran into in January. If you say "NONE," you are correct. The only thing they did since 2011 started is a few common ambulance rides. Wow, how dangerous and exciting! What I have noticed is that crime, some violent crimes at that, have increased lately. When someone is holding a gun to your head a fireman can respond and say, "Stop, or I'll squirt water on you." If you think that in any remote part of this world that a fire dept. is needed more than Police Dept. I suggest you move there. This way anyone who feels like it can beat, rob, rape. or kill a member of your family, but then you can go to the hospital or cemetary holding your head high and and say, "Hey, it happens, but at least we have a paid Fire Department." You gotta be the dumbest asshole on the face of the earth, but what more can you expect from a G.E.D.(Good Enough Diploma") fireman. You mistakenly have a huge misconception of your own self importance. I hope and pray you don't have a wife and any kids living with and your "Backdraft and Rescue Me" DVD collection and walking around the house in your full firemans costume because it must be a house of horrors. Your IQ gotta be around 60 at best. Your own frat brothers have to try and find out what asshole sleeping next to them would make such a suggestion and refuse to collect welfare with you. OMG, someone please save us from these deranged babies!!! That post was the single most idiotic ranting I have ever read.

Ho-lee-shit. You have destroyed the theory of evolution. Supposedly, lower life forms morphed into todays humans after millions of years. The brain capacity of the HFD just set that progress back millions of years. Gotta go with creation now. This fireman is so polluted with whatever he's on needs help like yesterday to think that Harrison would be fine without the Police. Who's gonna come when you call 911, the firemen? You need a man to respond to a police call. Firemen are only men when they travel in groups, never alone. I could just see a burglar slapping the piss out of a fireman if he went to a call and kicking his crying ass out of the house. If anyone at the HFD knows this guy you gotta do something, he's crying out for help. I would not work with this guy until he completes like a 2 year rehab program. Tell him to talk to a priest, a drug counselor, or anybody that can save him. I know most fireman think they are the toughest men on the planet because of the war stories and the run into burning buildings fantasy, but this dude is straight-up stupid. Now do you see why people want you guys drug tested. What the F**K could get somebody that high to think the town could get rid of the cops. This guy is on such an ego trip about firemen that he would set a fire and endanger people then just happen to be walking by to save like a cat just to get his picture in the Observer even if somebody got hurt. Serenity now, insanity later. Happy Festivus to all. Unbelievable.

You want to get rid of the Police Department and you think I need psychological help. Go right ahead and do it. There is no doubt in my mind that Mayor McDonough would love to do that and would actually be stupid enough do try it with some jerkoff saying on here that fires go up in a bad economy, not crime. When has anyone from the Harrison Fire Dept. EVER ran into a burning building where 3 people are dying? NEVER. You gotta stop watching that "Backdraft" DVD because it is frying your brain. I don't think that any HFD clown would have the guts to run into a building to put out a candle. How many perilous blazing buildings have the HFD ran into in January. If you say "NONE," you are correct. The only thing they did since 2011 started is a few common ambulance rides. Wow, how dangerous and exciting! What I have noticed is that crime, some violent crimes at that, have increased lately. When someone is holding a gun to your head a fireman can respond and say, "Stop, or I'll squirt water on you." If you think that in any remote part of this world that a fire dept. is needed more than Police Dept. I suggest you move there. This way anyone who feels like it can beat, rob, rape. or kill a member of your family, but then you can go to the hospital or cemetary holding your head high and and say, "Hey, it happens, but at least we have a paid Fire Department." You gotta be the dumbest asshole on the face of the earth, but what more can you expect from a G.E.D.(Good Enough Diploma") fireman. You mistakenly have a huge misconception of your own self importance. I hope and pray you don't have a wife and any kids living with and your "Backdraft and Rescue Me" DVD collection and walking around the house in your full firemans costume because it must be a house of horrors. Your IQ gotta be around 60 at best. Your own frat brothers have to try and find out what asshole sleeping next to them would make such a suggestion and refuse to collect welfare with you. OMG, someone please save us from these deranged babies!!! That post was the single most idiotic ranting I have ever read.

I was the one who said fires go up in a bad economy. That is true. You added the second part yourself. You will never find on this site a post from me saying crime does not go up in a bad economy. Stop trying misrepresent what I said. Of course crime goes up. Every time you post that I will post my rebuttal setting the record straight. Once again, I dare you to go back and find that post. You can't, you won't, it never happened. I'm starting to think I should copy and paste this post into Microsoft Word so I can easily access it next time you attempt to claim I said crime does not go up in a bad economy.

Crimes go up, fires go up. It's a fact.

I do agree with you on one thing. That was an idiotic post. Getting rid of a police department, it really can't get much crazier than that.

Guest Council Person

I think the idea of Kearny taking over police protection in worth looking into. Harrison saves 4-5 million, Kearny gets 2 million allowing them to hire 15 cops and still make money. East Newark could also be incorporated into the takeover for a minimal amount of money paid to Kearny. The

police station in Harrison could be taken over by the town hall giving them needed space. This has been done before all over the country and has worked successfully. With the financial state we're in, it's certainly a pro-active move to look into it.

I looked back to your original post and you are correct. You did not say that crime does not go up in a bad economy. My apologies to you. You won't have to cut and paste anything, although that was good.

There is no Police Station in Harrison to begin with to take over. Why is their more need for more space in town hall. It would just be a way to fill up the current dispatching area for the town, a hallway with two rooms, and some ancient jail cells (not usuable) with yet more friends and family of the politicians at unresonably high salaries for made up positions. Thats all it would do. Go to any town in NJ except Harrison and you would see a real police station (excluding E. Newark). So what are you saying? The technology at the two rooms in town hall the police use are totally inadequate for todays society. They are using old, broken down cars, still fingerprinting with ink instead of the new method which would reveal an offenders true identity, outdated computer systems, and furniture that was being thrown out from other buildings. People, including arrested people, laugh at the set-up when they see it. Victims of crime trying to tell their account of events without intimidation from the offender sitting just a few feet away is traumatizing to them. What the town could use is a real, modern police sation with updated technology and the training of the officers to use the equiptment. The only training an officer gets after the academy in Harrison is the firearms qualification imposed by state rules. Other depts. are afforded ample time for training, but when at most times there are only 3 or 4 officers working where is the time, and who is going to do the training? Officers working with no additional formal training on policing methods after 10,15, and 20 years just doesn't cut it. That is a real, tangible problem for a town where crime is rising at an alarming rate. Where is all the tax money going? Demand accountability from the Mayor and council for problems such as these instead of just settleing for the mediocre conditions provided to the citizens. They should put term limits on the position of Mayor, for sure, and maybe that will be the incentive to improve the town as a whole. Stop blaming each other and demand answers from the politicians. Its your money, not theirs. This is not a game. Peoples lives are at stake. Ask the Mayor what training a police officer gets in Harrison for the the next 25 years after the academy. If the answer is anything but "none," then he's lying.

Guest Council Person

I think the idea of Kearny taking over police protection in worth looking into. Harrison saves 4-5 million, Kearny gets 2 million allowing them to hire 15 cops and still make money. East Newark could also be incorporated into the takeover for a minimal amount of money paid to Kearny. The

police station in Harrison could be taken over by the town hall giving them needed space. This has been done before all over the country and has worked successfully. With the financial state we're in, it's certainly a pro-active move to look into it.

I've done some rough calculations on Kearny taking over police protection in Harrison. If Harison pays

Kearny 2 million a year, Harrison would save 2 to 3 million. To hire 20 cops in Kearny would cost roughly 1 million the first year so Kearny would be able to bank a million. With salary increases that million would decrease slightly each year but would be offset by interest made. It would be years before the break even point was reached. At that time the amount paid to Kearny would be re-negotiated, but all the years before that time Harrison would have been banking millions saved.

The mayor and council must think outside the box and consider this.

I've done some rough calculations on Kearny taking over police protection in Harrison. If Harison pays

Kearny 2 million a year, Harrison would save 2 to 3 million. To hire 20 cops in Kearny would cost roughly 1 million the first year so Kearny would be able to bank a million. With salary increases that million would decrease slightly each year but would be offset by interest made. It would be years before the break even point was reached. At that time the amount paid to Kearny would be re-negotiated, but all the years before that time Harrison would have been banking millions saved.

The mayor and council must think outside the box and consider this.

boy your an idiot not worth responding to i just want to know why you were not aborted?

How many roaring, death defying blazing home fires has the HFD put out this year. Same answer all the time. NONE. They are just $120,000.00/year glorified ambulance drivers. Go get a book from the highly educational Harrsion Firemens bookcase and at least work on getting your G.E.D. New movie this week. "The Towering Inferno," remember that movie. That was around the last time the HFD put out a fire. I know that it is frustrating to see other towns in the news putting out a fire when you haven't seen once since getting your welfare in Harrison at the section 8 house, but please try directing your anger towards good things instead of wanting to be a cop. It is funny to watch you put on the lights on the red lunch truck when you are going to Pathmark or the credit Union. Wheeeeeeeeeee.........MaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

Guest Harrison's Bravest

How many roaring, death defying blazing home fires has the HFD put out this year. Same answer all the time. NONE. They are just $120,000.00/year glorified ambulance drivers. Go get a book from the highly educational Harrsion Firemens bookcase and at least work on getting your G.E.D. New movie this week. "The Towering Inferno," remember that movie. That was around the last time the HFD put out a fire. I know that it is frustrating to see other towns in the news putting out a fire when you haven't seen once since getting your welfare in Harrison at the section 8 house, but please try directing your anger towards good things instead of wanting to be a cop. It is funny to watch you put on the lights on the red lunch truck when you are going to Pathmark or the credit Union. Wheeeeeeeeeee.........MaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

Barney, we're having strip steaks today. We always have a few left over, stop by for lunch.

Instead of strip steaks, why don't you have random hair follicle drug testing instead and prove that there is no validilty in the rumors going on around town and beyond of illegal narcotics activity.

Me an aborion. I don't think so. The best part of you, containing courage or not being a coward, ran **** your ******* *** **** the ****** *****.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Harrison Senior

There is no Police Station in Harrison to begin with to take over. Why is their more need for more space in town hall. It would just be a way to fill up the current dispatching area for the town, a hallway with two rooms, and some ancient jail cells (not usuable) with yet more friends and family of the politicians at unresonably high salaries for made up positions. Thats all it would do. Go to any town in NJ except Harrison and you would see a real police station (excluding E. Newark). So what are you saying? The technology at the two rooms in town hall the police use are totally inadequate for todays society. They are using old, broken down cars, still fingerprinting with ink instead of the new method which would reveal an offenders true identity, outdated computer systems, and furniture that was being thrown out from other buildings. People, including arrested people, laugh at the set-up when they see it. Victims of crime trying to tell their account of events without intimidation from the offender sitting just a few feet away is traumatizing to them. What the town could use is a real, modern police sation with updated technology and the training of the officers to use the equiptment. The only training an officer gets after the academy in Harrison is the firearms qualification imposed by state rules. Other depts. are afforded ample time for training, but when at most times there are only 3 or 4 officers working where is the time, and who is going to do the training? Officers working with no additional formal training on policing methods after 10,15, and 20 years just doesn't cut it. That is a real, tangible problem for a town where crime is rising at an alarming rate. Where is all the tax money going? Demand accountability from the Mayor and council for problems such as these instead of just settleing for the mediocre conditions provided to the citizens. They should put term limits on the position of Mayor, for sure, and maybe that will be the incentive to improve the town as a whole. Stop blaming each other and demand answers from the politicians. Its your money, not theirs. This is not a game. Peoples lives are at stake. Ask the Mayor what training a police officer gets in Harrison for the the next 25 years after the academy. If the answer is anything but "none," then he's lying.

I hear what you're saying, but if this Barney guy is anything like the rest of the dept. I can understand why the dept. is so backwards.

I hear what you're saying, but if this Barney guy is anything like the rest of the dept. I can understand why the dept. is so backwards.

I don't think you can blame the poor conditions of the police facilities on this Barney guy. The police station has been like this forever.

Consider the conditions at the Police Hallway as your childs schoolroom. Now they have a new high school after many, many years of your high school age children learning from the same textbooks and probably some of the same teachers you had. Not a new curriculum. Same old subjects as 25 years ago. Is it any wonder why the Harrison School System is such a bust. The children are learning from the the same textbooks from 25 years ago in the elementary school that you did. No new technology or subjects to bring them up to date with todays workplace demands and college acceptances. Computer science, foreign languages, math, and science are what employers want now. China owns half of the U.S.A. these days so speaking Chinese would put your kid miles in front of the pack for prospective colleges and employment. My towns new elementary schools and new High Schools stress this as a second language. That alone will land them jobs you never even thought of, including computer sciences in todays world. Instead, the kids in HHS are learning history and old school geometry and so on from the same textbooks and teachers that you had when you were a kid, very out of date. No improvement with todays rapidly changing global economy. My child will be a freshman in high school next year and being she has mastered languages that are not going away they are going to allow her to finish high school in 3 years, not 4. A new building doesn't teach children any better, a new curriculum does. Your Supt. of Schols has 4 jobs, mine has 1. It much easier to advance curriculums, not buildings. Anyone can build a new school, but if the same tired subjects that get you nowhere fast these days were improved upon you would see their test scores and future employablity would get better by leaps and bounds, but instead of concentrating on the students, the adminsitrators are too busy seeing how many jobs they can get. Three salaries, 3 titles, 3 pensions, 3 healthcare plans may be acceptible to Harrison where the slogan is '"Every child left behind." Damn shame.

Sorry about that, its 4 jobs. I forgot councilman. If Harrison can't get a Supt. of Schools and have him sign a contract that he must only work this job, one job, for the length of the contract at $270,000.00 a year (must be hard to make ends meet) then he can get the hell out. How can anyone juggle 4 jobs at one time and expect even one of them to be successfull? You should get one job, put 100% of you time into it, or get the hell out and go somewhere else in Hudson County. This is the genesis of paytonage and nepotism at its best. When it starts involving the childrens education, their can be NO compromise. It's THAT important.