We're watching

Guest taxpayer

Guest taxpayer

Does the Board of Ed have a green truck? TOday I saw a Green BOE truck turn left onto Schyler Ave around 10:45 AM . There were two men in the truck, the drived was yacking away on a hand held cell phone. He had a hard time making the turn with only one hand on the wheel and not paying attention to his driving and he cut the turn so that he almost took the front off the car driving south on Schyler.

The BOE should be careful, they could get sued if their drivers hit someone and dringing with a cell phone pressed to the eqar is also illegal.

it seems to me that some of these posters are just idiots or have no clue what really goes on in this town. If you were really concerned with what goes on in ANY dept. ,go or contact that dept. Grow some balls and ask the tough questions to those who are in charge, put your name on record or at least do your homework and find out the truth. Come on, stop spreading lies. Kearny homeowner and worker.

Guest KPDPipes

it seems to me that some of these posters are just idiots or have no clue what really goes on in this town. If you were really concerned with what goes on in ANY dept. ,go or contact that dept. Grow some balls and ask the tough questions to those who are in charge, put your name on record or at least do your homework and find out the truth. Come on, stop spreading lies. Kearny homeowner and worker.

Nahh its MUCH more effective for them to just come in here and whine..... :rolleyes:

An open invite I love it, I wonder how many KPD I can get in front of IA in a years time, for talking on the cell while driving. Not to mention the number from all the other town employees, including the boy dandy Mayor, who I've personnaly have seen cell phone glued to the ear giggeling like an F'ing idiot while driving

• 2 weeks later...
Guest u r a spelling idiot

An open invite I love it, I wonder how many KPD I can get in front of IA in a years time, for talking on the cell while driving. Not to mention the number from all the other town employees, including the boy dandy Mayor, who I've personnaly have seen cell phone glued to the ear giggeling like an F'ing idiot while driving

lets pray the mayor doesnt drive as bad as your spelling, if so we are all f*cked! dont drink and spell, walk away man..........you missed the bus again!

Guest would love to know

some questions,

I am concerned about the fire and EMS systems and the problems they face, as i have family in Kearny. I have some knowlege in this area and would like to help but don t actually know where the problem is. Lets start with EMS. 1 I know they are broke and can t support themselves. here are the questions, first, who has the right to bill? the town or the ambulance company? second, how many calls do they run a year and last if anyone knows the re imbursement rate.

Thanks,

some questions,

I am concerned about the fire and EMS systems and the problems they face, as i have family in Kearny. I have some knowlege in this area and would like to help but don t actually know where the problem is. Lets start with EMS. 1 I know they are broke and can t support themselves. here are the questions, first, who has the right to bill? the town or the ambulance company? second, how many calls do they run a year and last if anyone knows the re imbursement rate.

Thanks,

The company bills the insurance company. The insurance company (as long as they have it) will pay a set fee usually around 500 bucks. If the person doesn't have insurance they will bill the individual but that person isn't hunted down for the money. Not sure how many calls they run a year I would imagine 2750-3250 or so.

Guest Guest #2

some questions,

Thanks,

Oh Barney, you're such a goofball.

get a life a**hole

YOU come on here whining about who you see on cell phones, and obviously dont have the balls to make the calls and complain about it (or does someoen who graduated from high School, IN THIS TOWN Thirty years ago REALLY not know the Phone Number to the Police Department???) and HE's the A-Hole???

Better to be an A**Hole than a F**ktard.

So called Barney, the derogatory name which two towns FD's have given him unjustly, has not been on this board (KPD - KFD) in quite a while. Why don't you just leave the person alone? Firemen in both towns still continue to provoke, demean, and make disparaging comments about so called Barney and the HPD. This subject has nothing to do with Harrison. Direct your attention where this subject is going. What in the world would a Police Officer have to do with EMS?

Guest KPDPipes

So called Barney, the derogatory name which two towns FD's have given him unjustly, has not been on this board (KPD - KFD) in quite a while. Why don't you just leave the person alone? Firemen in both towns still continue to provoke, demean, and make disparaging comments about so called Barney and the HPD. This subject has nothing to do with Harrison. Direct your attention where this subject is going. What in the world would a Police Officer have to do with EMS?

"Barney" is a fabrication from some Jacka.. Ok, let's be Civil here. "invididual" From Harrison who believes that the only person who would be critical of any Fireman, or Fire Department MUST somehow be a Cop. Now, IN Harrison? Yeah it's possible, the two departments have always had a Rocky relationship at best, driven by a lot of Politics and Political backstabbing. Whether or not that Harrison "individuals' want to believe it, the Kearny PD and Kearny FD get along quite well. Was there friction in the past? yes..however the people who were the root of most of that on both sides are LONG retired. You will have someone bring up a Letter to the Editor written by a currently Serving KPD officer disparaging the FD, which did happen...Something on the order of FIFTEEN YEARS ago, and in response to some Political nonsense that was going on at the time between the departments, at the instigation of the Mayor and TA who were in power at that time...the Timeline of that always seems to be conveniently left out. Someone else brought up some Silliness about them not responding to the shooting out of being scared..Again. NONSENSE. They didnt go because they were not Called. They werent called because we had an Ambulance on Scene within 3 minutes. If KEMS had been tied up, or returning from a Hospital run, then the decision would have been made to call them as First Responders until a Transport unit could get there.

For some reason, SOMEONE finds the fact that KPD and KFD get along, and work well together Threatening. I assume that it was expected that much like Harrison, we would be at each other's throats with the Budget Cuts, and when the OPPOSITE happened, well, Suddenly the "Divide and Conquer" tactic usually used by the politicians didn't work. People here, hiding behind their Keyboards can try and dredge up the past all they want but they cant change the reality. The senior guys on both the PD and FD have known each other since we were kids, the Younger generations of both Departments never HAD the Acrimony of the Old timers to poison that relationship.

Guest jus sayin

All true.

It is truly a pleasure working with KPD at the various incidents we both respond to, "What can I do?","What do you need?" are the questions asked every time.

The residents of Kearny should be proud of their Police Dept.

I know I am.

jus sayin