Last Tuesdays Storm

Guest IKnow

So last Tuesday our fair town was hit with an 8 inch snow storm, a fairly significant snowfall, and not a word on this board about it. Tells me the DPW guys did another great job, cause let's face it, most of you are here to complain, and there wasn't a thing to complain about. The administration then rewarded us with our first of 26 furlough days Friday. Our mayors idea of shared sacrafice I guess.

What a great job they did on Elm street.Tow all the cars and plow in peoples driveways.The job done on Elm street was a total disgrace.If you are going to tow cars make sure you do the job right.Oh that's right you didn't do the job right from the December 26th snow storm so it was impossible to plow curb to curb on the storm of January 11th.Great job boys enjoy your furlough days you lazy slackers.

So last Tuesday our fair town was hit with an 8 inch snow storm, a fairly significant snowfall, and not a word on this board about it. Tells me the DPW guys did another great job, cause let's face it, most of you are here to complain, and there wasn't a thing to complain about. The administration then rewarded us with our first of 26 furlough days Friday. Our mayors idea of shared sacrafice I guess.

In one of the sections I complimented them on a much improved job over the past storm. So there was a word or two about it on this board. You must have just missed it.

What a great job they did on Elm street.Tow all the cars and plow in peoples driveways.The job done on Elm street was a total disgrace.If you are going to tow cars make sure you do the job right.Oh that's right you didn't do the job right from the December 26th snow storm so it was impossible to plow curb to curb on the storm of January 11th.Great job boys enjoy your furlough days you lazy slackers.

I did enjoy my furlough day, thanks very much for asking. Aww, did your driveway get plowed in? Too bad, that's part of living on an emergency street. And we did go curb to curb this storm. We did what we were told on December 26, put that blame elsewhere. Admit when a good job was done and please stop whining. By the way, a few more good storms and my OT will make up for my furlough days. How great is that?

Guest Elm Street Guy

It was impossible to go curb to curb you Jackass.You morons left too much snow from the first storm.

You are so right. Elm Street from Midland to the Pike is a real joke. Just enough room for two cars to pass but if a bus comes along forget about it.

Today, Wed., January 19th, it was around 40 degrees--why were the town workers riding around in their trucks with the plows up, not doing something to get rid of the snow/ice? Most of the stuff was soft from the warm weather and the rain and nothing was being done. The corners are a mess through out the town but I did notice that on Saturday, our workers were diging out the corners by St. Stephen's Church and the other two Protestant churchs by Laurel Avenue--a little time and a half? That kind of work should be done every day without OT to get the corners cleaned up at the very least.

Guest forest street guy

You are so right. Elm Street from Midland to the Pike is a real joke. Just enough room for two cars to pass but if a bus comes along forget about it.

Today, Wed., January 19th, it was around 40 degrees--why were the town workers riding around in their trucks with the plows up, not doing something to get rid of the snow/ice? Most of the stuff was soft from the warm weather and the rain and nothing was being done. The corners are a mess through out the town but I did notice that on Saturday, our workers were diging out the corners by St. Stephen's Church and the other two Protestant churchs by Laurel Avenue--a little time and a half? That kind of work should be done every day without OT to get the corners cleaned up at the very least.

being so involved in town matters, you should know the DPW has people working on the weekend..

Elm Street guy how can that poster be "so right" you informed me you thought the DPW guys did a great job during the first storm in another section on the Kearny Forum. Now you are agreeing the first storm they didn't do such a great job, what made you change your mind?

It was impossible to go curb to curb you Jackass.You morons left too much snow from the first storm.

I repeat, we did what we were told to do. Once again this past Friday our guys went curb to curb, and did another great job. It's not our fault you morons shovel your driveways into huge piles in the street. Only one place to put it, and that's back in your driveway. Sounds to me like you're the jackass, cause I sure as hell don't shovel more then once. Great news too, another ones coming this week! More OT! Gonna be even on these furlough days by middle of February. See you in your driveway.

Did the county workers get the same number of furlough days as our town wokers?

Nah, Mayor Al's version of shared sacrifice didn't include him sharing. While hes demanding 10% back from us, he sure as hell isn't giving anything back on his job.

I did enjoy my furlough day, thanks very much for asking. Aww, did your driveway get plowed in? Too bad, that's part of living on an emergency street. And we did go curb to curb this storm. We did what we were told on December 26, put that blame elsewhere. Admit when a good job was done and please stop whining. By the way, a few more good storms and my OT will make up for my furlough days. How great is that?

Argyle, Beech, Chestnut, Devon, Elm, Forest-- eveything from Midland to the pike is still a one way from the December storm. The area around Schyler school is still horrible. Did everyone forget about this side of town? I wonder why. I won't forget when the next election comes up. Councilman who???

Argyle, Beech, Chestnut, Devon, Elm, Forest-- eveything from Midland to the pike is still a one way from the December storm. The area around Schyler school is still horrible. Did everyone forget about this side of town? I wonder why. I won't forget when the next election comes up. Councilman who???

That's a lie, every one of those streets are passable. We'd love nothing more then to open them curb to curb. Unfortunately, the street supervisor tells us not to because people complain that their driveways get plowed in or we hit their trash cans that they leave in the street. Can't have your cake and eat it.

4 to 8 more coming tomorrow! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

That's a lie, every one of those streets are passable. We'd love nothing more then to open them curb to curb. Unfortunately, the street supervisor tells us not to because people complain that their driveways get plowed in or we hit their trash cans that they leave in the street. Can't have your cake and eat it.

How come you DPW retards can't seem to plow Chestnut st south of west hudson park, we're always told the same thing " we'll put you on the list",the upside is the snow usually melts before you get your lazy ass's down here.Should make for an intersting lawsuit for negligence when the first person slips and gets hurt or there's a car accident, they can blame it on the DPW retards

How come you DPW retards can't seem to plow Chestnut st south of west hudson park, we're always told the same thing " we'll put you on the list",the upside is the snow usually melts before you get your lazy ass's down here.Should make for an intersting lawsuit for negligence when the first person slips and gets hurt or there's a car accident, they can blame it on the DPW retards

We do, and then dopes like yourself shovel it back into the street to get your cars out, then call and complain we didn't plow it. Get a life. Only a dope would pile snow into the the middle of the street. If you have a mirror handy, look into it and you'll see one of those dopes.

If they leave cans in the street that is their own fault, by all means plow that away also!