Example of What HFD Does

Guest Guest

That was eight years ago, and what was so important that anyone was supposed to see? It's a building on fire, a bunch of cops and hoseboys walking around seemingly with no purpose, and some of the hoseboys are squirting water on the building from a far away safe distance. Was I or anyone supposed to be impressed that you dusted off an eight year old film and put it on the web. Who cares? What is this, National Geographic watching the apes from the bush? In that riveting film, I didn't see anyone doing anything special. Just what they get paid to do or less. Am I supposed to say you were in danger or something. Well, you weren't. Impress the residents by showing you cashing your $3,0000.00 weekly check of THEIR money. Show a film that you can view any day of the year and see the rigorous training that paid fireman do everyday. What a lie that is. How about a film of the Harrison hoseboys getting a lock of hair clipped for drug testing! Those would be interesting, even funny to watch. That 8 year old piece of crap video that you show at your house everytime you have company over S**ks. Thats why nobody goes over your house anymore. God, please guide the hand of reason to switch to a volunteer fire department and end the looting of the residents funds. The house of cards is gonna collapse if something isn't done, so may the Lord help you to at least have the common sense to try.

I made a mistake. The film is 18 years ago. They haven't produced another single war story video in the last 18 years and $90 million taxpayer dollars later. Pitifull as pitfull can get. Another embarrasment for the HFD put on the web by themselves. Maybe 18 years ago they guys had at least some guts, but now, nada, nothing, zip, zero.

If there are 250 to 300 fires a year in Harrison, why don't you show a more current film than an 18 year old one. Haven't you had anything similar happen in 18 years. I know you won't show the film of the one big Harrison Ave. fire becauae all of the engines directly in front of the building were from other towns, not Harrison. Did the HPD even participate at all in that event? I doubt it. Maybe you were in an intense training session while the fire was going on and couldn't make it. You didn't miss much anyway because the buildings were all empty and the FD's just squirted water on them. Very lame.

WHY DOES THE HARRIOSN FIRE DEPARTMENT OPPOSE DRUG TESTING SO MUCH THAT HAVE LAWYERS AT THE READY TO SUE THE TOWN IF IT TRIES. MAKE YOUR OWN CONCLUSION ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there are 250 to 300 fires a year in Harrison, why don't you show a more current film than an 18 year old one. Haven't you had anything similar happen in 18 years. I know you won't show the film of the one big Harrison Ave. fire becauae all of the engines directly in front of the building were from other towns, not Harrison. Did the HPD even participate at all in that event? I doubt it. Maybe you were in an intense training session while the fire was going on and couldn't make it. You didn't miss much anyway because the buildings were all empty and the FD's just squirted water on them. Very lame.

No one ever once said on this site there were 250+ full blown house fires a year. The statistic was very properly explained as to range anything from a garbage can fire to a brush fire to a house fire and all inbetween. So stop exaggerating. It's getting old.

401 Frankie Rodgers Blvd.

Frankline Ave Fire

Enjoy the video's.

What kind of little shit life could someone have to tape these sad little kiddie fires. Is this the best you have? Why would you do it? You have to tape yourself at work to show people that you actually did something 18 years and $90 million dollars later as some type of sense of accomplishment. Any high school boy or girl can do a fireman's alleged job. Reporting to the state everytime you stomp out a cigarette doesn't qualify as a fire. This is a very transparent attempt to produce some aura of danger or responsibilty. HOW ABOUT A TAPE OF A HARRISON FIREMAN GETTING DRUG TESTED. I GUARANTEE YOU DON'T HAVE THAT!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What kind of little shit life could someone have to tape these sad little kiddie fires. Is this the best you have? Why would you do it? You have to tape yourself at work to show people that you actually did something 18 years and $90 million dollars later as some type of sense of accomplishment. Any high school boy or girl can do a fireman's alleged job. Reporting to the state everytime you stomp out a cigarette doesn't qualify as a fire. This is a very transparent attempt to produce some aura of danger or responsibilty. HOW ABOUT A TAPE OF A HARRISON FIREMAN GETTING DRUG TESTED. I GUARANTEE YOU DON'T HAVE THAT!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When the statistic were shown they were in the context of the amount of run's the HFD gets. For a town of it's size it would be an extreme burden on Volunteers. By the time the 3rd call and more came around you would have less and less guys. You have to understand the context of the statistic's that were given. People take that statistic out of context and just add it into other arguments randomly.

I'm not a Harrison Firefighter, I just went on youtube and searched Harrison, NJ Fire. Thats what came up.

That was eight years ago, and what was so important that anyone was supposed to see? It's a building on fire, a bunch of cops and hoseboys walking around seemingly with no purpose, and some of the hoseboys are squirting water on the building from a far away safe distance. Was I or anyone supposed to be impressed that you dusted off an eight year old film and put it on the web. Who cares? What is this, National Geographic watching the apes from the bush? In that riveting film, I didn't see anyone doing anything special. Just what they get paid to do or less. Am I supposed to say you were in danger or something. Well, you weren't. Impress the residents by showing you cashing your $3,0000.00 weekly check of THEIR money. Show a film that you can view any day of the year and see the rigorous training that paid fireman do everyday. What a lie that is. How about a film of the Harrison hoseboys getting a lock of hair clipped for drug testing! Those would be interesting, even funny to watch. That 8 year old piece of crap video that you show at your house everytime you have company over S**ks. Thats why nobody goes over your house anymore. God, please guide the hand of reason to switch to a volunteer fire department and end the looting of the residents funds. The house of cards is gonna collapse if something isn't done, so may the Lord help you to at least have the common sense to try.

You are not a good reader. If you think I linked the video to show how great the HFD is, you are mistaken. Why don't you read the name of the post topic and the subtitle. Yeh, the subtitle. Then post a reply.

I believe a paid fire department should exist but I'm not terribly impressed by the current crew of firefighters. Three of them can't even handle a water hose well enough to put water into the window of the building while standing safely away from the building while the building burns to the ground. They forgot they are suppose to be fire fighters, not fire watchers.

Drug testing is a good idea. Making them double as janitors is even better. Also they could patrol the neighborhood and still be ready to fight a fire. Let's implement these ideas right away. Who can we get in touch with to start the ball rolling.

I apoligize greatly to you my friend. Your videos have truly captured my heart concerning these brave men. If you could see how much me and a friend are laughing right now you would love it. You are so right. They are not even good at being fire watchers. They stand too far away. The ladder goes up but no one has the guts to climb it. Thats like the best one. I also changed my mind about another thing. They would not have the skills to make it as a janitor. You know, paid Harrison Fireman go thru rigorous training every single day, how could you pick up a broom after that. Is the public or press invited to view this training? $119,050.00/year for this. F**KING unbelievable.

Notice that the verbiage has changed from 250-300 fires to 250-300 CALLS. If thats not throwing up the white flag I don't know what is. As to the janitor and patrol duties, you can probably contact McDonough at the end of the month after he is fired from Passaic Valley Shit Factory. Glory days gone by....with him and **** at the wheel.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Notice that the verbiage has changed from 250-300 fires to 250-300 CALLS. If thats not throwing up the white flag I don't know what is. As to the janitor and patrol duties, you can probably contact McDonough at the end of the month after he is fired from Passaic Valley Shit Factory. Glory days gone by....with him and **** at the wheel.

No they have over 1100 "calls" a year. 250-300 is the average that have some sort of FIRE involved ranging anywhere from a garbage can to a brush fire to a house fire.

I've explained this stat about 25 times on this forum already. Are you guys really that dense that you haven't understood it yet?

1100 calls. From who, their wife while I'm at their house, wrong numbers, other personal phone calls. Who the hell would call the fire dept. unless they actually saw a fire starting or going on. NOBODY!!! 250 to 300 actual fires, you will never convince any of that the same as you could never convince anyone that the HFD does "Fire Traing" evryday of the year. It's just not true. Give it up. Nobody believes you.

Here is an example of what the Harrison Fire Department is good at:

Fire Video Link

Yea good example. The building was fully involved and everybody was out. Running in to try and save a building that is long gone and not save the other buildings makes soo much sense. D**bA**

1100 calls. From who, their wife while I'm at their house, wrong numbers, other personal phone calls. Who the hell would call the fire dept. unless they actually saw a fire starting or going on. NOBODY!!! 250 to 300 actual fires, you will never convince any of that the same as you could never convince anyone that the HFD does "Fire Traing" evryday of the year. It's just not true. Give it up. Nobody believes you.

No your right nobody calls the fire department for EMS calls. Those two ambulances you see that say Harrison Fire Department on them are just for show. They also dont go on activated alarms or car accidents to cut people out or service calls such as water leaks, ordor of gas, CO alarms etc. And silly man when people say they have 1100 calls, that doesnt mean phone calls, it means alarms. You know where they have to jump on those big red fire trucks and go help people in need. But your right people only call the fd if they see a fire starting or going on.

Guest guest who knows

I have observed the firefighting skills of the Harrison Fire Department over many, many years and have come to this conclusion. The HFD should only show up with a simple rescue truck to provide possible rescues of any persons within the structures, following that they should let the structures burn to the ground and pay the owners of the property with a check from the tax coffers to rebuild it to current building codes. The following would be the result. Harrison would eventually be completely rebuilt to a more modern and building safe community, several people would be put to work during the rebuilding process creating new employment, taxpayers would save millions of tax dollars following the extreme downsizing of the HFD which would no longer be needed for firefighting. And finally, the issue of drug testing firefighters would be moot.

I know you don't live in Harrison, because any asshole who thinks its worth paying 42 grown boy bitches $5 million a year of THEIR tax money to go to a complaint about a car alarm had better get a brain MRI. On every shift, the HPD dispatchers are told that any calls about car alarms or smoke conditions must be checked out by a cop first and the HFD only need be awakened from their slumber if a definite fire is in progress. I know this #1 from the dispatchers, #2 from one night a cop be sent to a report of a car on fire under 280 parking lot and the incompetent Lt. ordered the dispatcher not to alert the HFD but for the cop to' "do what he could." Later, the police Lt. explained that some of the HFD members were good friends of his (Lord save us) and asked him not to bother them if possible because in the morning they had to go do some work at one them's houses.

Guest Guest #2

I have observed the firefighting skills of the Harrison Fire Department over many, many years and have come to this conclusion. The HFD should only show up with a simple rescue truck to provide possible rescues of any persons within the structures, following that they should let the structures burn to the ground and pay the owners of the property with a check from the tax coffers to rebuild it to current building codes. The following would be the result. Harrison would eventually be completely rebuilt to a more modern and building safe community, several people would be put to work during the rebuilding process creating new employment, taxpayers would save millions of tax dollars following the extreme downsizing of the HFD which would no longer be needed for firefighting. And finally, the issue of drug testing firefighters would be moot.

Isn't Barney the cleverest little idiot. He fools me every time.