Drug Testing II

Guest guest

I'm boring? There may be 42 "Barneys" in town but at least the residents/taxpayers know they are drug free "Barneys." The HPD accepted random drug testing with open arms years ago. As for the Harrison Fire Dept, they vehemently oppose and refuse to institute random drug testing into the HFD. They would fight aginst it all the way to the Supreme Court. ONCE AGAIN, WHY IS THE HFD SO AFARIAD OF RANDOM DRUG TESTING. This question has been asked over and over again with no concrete answer and the only response is to change the subject or make up more tired "Barney" jokes. MAN UP and give the resident taxpayers an answer!! You cannot and will not because in my opinion, when you test dirty you will be giving up your permanent vacation with an average salary of $119,050.00 dollar$ per fireman per year. I am not addressing any one individual person, but rather the entire HFD as group. WHAT IS THE EXCUSE? Why isn't the Mayor, Fire Chief, or even a fireman responding? By your obvious devoid of courage to answer and cowardness, in my opinion and possibly the opinion of others, you are admitting guilt and suspicion on the issue. So whats the reason hoseboy? Man up and answer the question so evryone knows your reason. There have been many drug instances in the past which clearly warrant this attention. When you give no reason it is basically an admission of guilt. What a F**KING humilation to the town of Harrison you are.

I was gonna drive the ambulance, but I got high

The lady was having a stroke, but I got high

Now I'm stocking shelves at Wal-mart and I know why

Cause I got high, Cause I got high, Cause I high

Edited by KOTW
Readers should note that the above is an opinion. One should not infer that any specific fire personnel is "high" on drugs.

I see on the news that the middle school in the Town of Belvedere, in Warren County is proposing to drug test the students of the school. The principal stated that she recieves phone calls about parties that are being attended by the students where drugs and alcohol are being used.

It would seem that this is something that should also be considered in the Harrison schools.

I see on the news that the middle school in the Town of Belvedere, in Warren County is proposing to drug test the students of the school. The principal stated that she recieves phone calls about parties that are being attended by the students where drugs and alcohol are being used.

It would seem that this is something that should also be considered in the Harrison schools.

YOUR SO RIGHT FUHR ADOLF...LETS SEPERATE THEM BY RELIGION AND ETHNICITY TOO.

If my kids school wanted to drug test them, I say go right ahead. The children who are using and distributing drugs should be suspended while made to complete a treatment program. I can see why a Harrison fireman wouldn't want his kid tested. Remember the commercial where the father finds out the kid is on drugs, it was a while ago. The father says, "Where did you ever get the idea that doing drugs is OK?" and the kid responds, "From watching you." I am sure many Harrison fireman are gonna hear that as their kids get older, so maybe they should locate and play that video for company at their house instead of that weak and tired 8 year old war story documentary. I want the National Geographic version though. "Look Charles, I can see the Alph male emerging from the brush to summon the younger village males. Maybe they will attempt some type of fire ritual?" I can just picture watching that, funny shit man!

If my kids school wanted to drug test them, I say go right ahead. The children who are using and distributing drugs should be suspended while made to complete a treatment program. I can see why a Harrison fireman wouldn't want his kid tested. Remember the commercial where the father finds out the kid is on drugs, it was a while ago. The father says, "Where did you ever get the idea that doing drugs is OK?" and the kid responds, "From watching you." I am sure many Harrison fireman are gonna hear that as their kids get older, so maybe they should locate and play that video for company at their house instead of that weak and tired 8 year old war story documentary. I want the National Geographic version though. "Look Charles, I can see the Alph male emerging from the brush to summon the younger village males. Maybe they will attempt some type of fire ritual?" I can just picture watching that, funny shit man!

Barney never sleeps.

Apparently you never sleep either because of putting all that powder up your nose. Is typing letters on KOTW on your laptop part of your everyday training or are you just so bored by lack of something to do that typing letters is all you have left. Call your wife from work and she can put me on the phone so I can talk you down off the ledge. Good boy.

Guest Concerned Citizen

Random testing is in every town, state, and federal employers right. But the people in charge are to afraid to pull that trigger, whether its political, personal, or there own asses there trying to protect. The FD has problems, the BOE has problems, and the Housing authority has problems. Lets get a full scale test, these are people we entrust our lives, safety, kids, and belongings too. Let's clean it up

Random testing is in every town, state, and federal employers right. But the people in charge are to afraid to pull that trigger, whether its political, personal, or there own asses there trying to protect. The FD has problems, the BOE has problems, and the Housing authority has problems. Lets get a full scale test, these are people we entrust our lives, safety, kids, and belongings too. Let's clean it up

Why doesn't someone who thinks it's such a huge issue start a petition and go around town collecting signatures. Hey if you get the right permits you could probably set up a table near town hall or something. Then submit it. If you have a large large petition it would put pressure on the powers that be. Or you could just sit behind your keyboard complaining and nothing will ever happen.

Personally I don't think it's an issue with these guys. But hey who knows. I am for random drug testing of all emergency response people. There saftey is in our hands. But I think it's enough of an issue myself to get out and do this, but the way some people post it must be. Get out and get it done then!

Guest Guest #2

Good idea! Let's start with a psychological exam for Barney.

Guest resident

Why would a man who entrusts his family and children to a fire deptartment for protection and teachers to educate them need a psychological test? Thats your question, right? I think the opposite. If I had a paid or non-paid fire dept. in my town and left my child alone with adults at a school to learn I would definately want every one of them drug tested. If you have any small children in school, are you telling me that you would NOT want the teachers drug tested as you are, in effect, trusting them with your childs life. There are TV news stories on all across America about a teacher molesting a student. The teachers answer is always the same; "I was high at the time and didn't know what I was doing." You would protest against these teachers and fireman getting drug tested. Boy, are your kids lucky to have a dad like you. This is no attempt to disparage the many, abundantly GOOD teachers and firemen everywhere in this country, but to rather show this sick individual the danger of drug use and abuse. Sorry if anyone took offense as this was not directed at the majority of people in these professions that hate drugs also.

Why would anyone have to start a petition for the Harrison Fire Dept. to get drug tested? When they approached the cops about it, the cops said," Great idea, we don't want anybody on drugs working in this Police Department. If you want to use drugs, get the hell out. You're not gonna get me or anybody else in town killed because your high and make a mistake." The HFD would love to start to see someone start a petition, it would give them time to intimidate them by threatening them, parking in front of their house night and day, and if that didn't work, they would resort to what they always resort to under pressure, brutal violence against the person. The violence against the person would only be by a group of fireman, not one, because even if it were an old lady they would get their ass kicked. Just look at them: fat, sloppy, laying on benches outside the firehouse in the summer with their beer guts hanging out under their T-shirts and those fat, floppy thighs rubbing together. Sorry, I gotta go puke now.

Guest 123Iluvmoney

Why doesn't someone who thinks it's such a huge issue start a petition and go around town collecting signatures. Hey if you get the right permits you could probably set up a table near town hall or something. Then submit it. If you have a large large petition it would put pressure on the powers that be. Or you could just sit behind your keyboard complaining and nothing will ever happen.

Personally I don't think it's an issue with these guys. But hey who knows. I am for random drug testing of all emergency response people. There saftey is in our hands. But I think it's enough of an issue myself to get out and do this, but the way some people post it must be. Get out and get it done then!

cause some of use don't have choices where we live, and to start a petition, for any town, dept or agency, would fail, and would ruin you, I'm scared, and everyone else is too

Start the petition and will surely sign, but i hope you got a second home somewhere else lol