janitors/hfd

Guest guest

This is some news that could save the town some money. Where I live, as well as fire departments all over the United States, this is catching on more and more, the fireman are put to work at night cleaning the high schools and town hall on a daily basis instead of sleeping. The men that go on each engine park the rig outside the school or town hall and they respond from there if needed, awake and at the ready. The town where I live got rid of all the janitors this way and is saving big bucks. It's a good concept. If the taxpayers paying $100,000.00 a year the town can get at least some real work out of the fireman instead of them sleeping and watching TV. Something has to account for paying these salaries. It's the most simple job you can get for these underachievers and every night, or close to it, they would be fully capable of doing it with absolute no difference in the fire service. Remember, many of the janitors in Harrison are closing in on that $100,000.00 wage including the **************** ******* new $85,000.00 garbage picker who could be switched to nights to clean other public buildings. How can the town terminate positions of the street dept. putting good men making $30,000.00 out of work and then add a new worker to do the same exact job, only not as good because he reports to the Mayor only, not a supervisor, because he is the Mayor's *** on the street. He gives the Mayor more news than the Star-Ledger. They should get rid of him and hire back the three of the original displaced workers. This would be an addition of 2 jobs to people in an economy when finding a job is almost impossible. What a ****** ***** *** ***** has done to three loyal employees. Patronage over productivity. An $85,000.00 guy to pick up garbage with a stick with a nail on it is not in the best interest of the taxpayers/residents.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

now come on, you have to sleep if your working 24 hours a shift. You can't expect them to clean the schools.furthermore: none of their kids go there cause they don't live here anymore ..we need mandatory residents for firemen /policemen jobs .95% of the shit that goes on wouldn't happen if they lived here with the fruit of their intense labor..

Guest Harrison's Bravest

This is some news that could save the town some money. Where I live, as well as fire departments all over the United States, this is catching on more and more, the fireman are put to work at night cleaning the high schools and town hall on a daily basis instead of sleeping. The men that go on each engine park the rig outside the school or town hall and they respond from there if needed, awake and at the ready. The town where I live got rid of all the janitors this way and is saving big bucks. It's a good concept. If the taxpayers paying $100,000.00 a year the town can get at least some real work out of the fireman instead of them sleeping and watching TV. Something has to account for paying these salaries. It's the most simple job you can get for these underachievers and every night, or close to it, they would be fully capable of doing it with absolute no difference in the fire service. Remember, many of the janitors in Harrison are closing in on that $100,000.00 wage including the **************** ******* new $85,000.00 garbage picker who could be switched to nights to clean other public buildings. How can the town terminate positions of the street dept. putting good men making $30,000.00 out of work and then add a new worker to do the same exact job, only not as good because he reports to the Mayor only, not a supervisor, because he is the Mayor's *** on the street. He gives the Mayor more news than the Star-Ledger. They should get rid of him and hire back the three of the original displaced workers. This would be an addition of 2 jobs to people in an economy when finding a job is almost impossible. What a ****** ***** *** ***** has done to three loyal employees. Patronage over productivity. An $85,000.00 guy to pick up garbage with a stick with a nail on it is not in the best interest of the taxpayers/residents.

Once again I have to correct another moronic brain fart from Barney. The work that you're suggesting would be outside the scope of a firefighters duties, which are governed by state law (just as the mayor ordering a cop to wash his personal car would be outside the scope of a cop's duties).

You keep trying though Barney, you might come up with something yet.

Is drug testing out of the "scope of a firemans duties" or are you just afraid? Answer that like a man instead of a child. In my opinion, you claim to be the bravest, baddest men in town so why does all of the courage run out of your bodies when presented wih drug testing. There is only one reason and you bad, brave men know it. If the town announced drug testing for the fireman starting Monday I can assure you that almost everyone in that frat house would run to the nearest phone to call in for a few vacation days or call in sick for a few days hoping the coke, heroin, or weed gets out of your system in time. Then we would need volunteers, right? Dispell the drug use rumors by proving me wrong and also the many examples of fireman who get the junkie 40% pension when they get arrested for possession or distribution. Whats your answer to hiring lawyers to fight the town no matter what the price when they attempt to drug test you brave men.. Man up on that one tough guy. You can't. Is it too embarassing for your family and losing that $125,000.00 a year vacation to get a real job. I would like you to present a solid argument as to why the fireman cower like scared children at the mere mention of drug testing. I know you cannot because the answer is obvious to everyone. Now make some stupid drug free "Barney" comment to deflect drug testing from being the subject. F**KING drug using losers. Prove that wrong!

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Is drug testing out of the "scope of a firemans duties" or are you just afraid? Answer that like a man instead of a child. In my opinion, you claim to be the bravest, baddest men in town so why does all of the courage run out of your bodies when presented wih drug testing. There is only one reason and you bad, brave men know it. If the town announced drug testing for the fireman starting Monday I can assure you that almost everyone in that frat house would run to the nearest phone to call in for a few vacation days or call in sick for a few days hoping the coke, heroin, or weed gets out of your system in time. Then we would need volunteers, right? Dispell the drug use rumors by proving me wrong and also the many examples of fireman who get the junkie 40% pension when they get arrested for possession or distribution. Whats your answer to hiring lawyers to fight the town no matter what the price when they attempt to drug test you brave men.. Man up on that one tough guy. You can't. Is it too embarassing for your family and losing that $125,000.00 a year vacation to get a real job. I would like you to present a solid argument as to why the fireman cower like scared children at the mere mention of drug testing. I know you cannot because the answer is obvious to everyone. Now make some stupid drug free "Barney" comment to deflect drug testing from being the subject. F**KING drug using losers. Prove that wrong!

Well Barney, when are you going to man up to the fact that you're a cop. You're so clever with all your names (I really like T-Bird), you have everyone so confused. Your moronic ravings over drug testing tell me a lot about your state of mind, you really need to be issued a rubber gun.

Exactly what I said has happened. Another dumb Barney comment to deflect away from the issue of drug testing. Answer the question that was asked you scared little heartless, gutless man. WHY IS THE HFD AFRAID OF DRUG TESTING? I knew you couldn't provide an educated answer which proves that you are basically claiming "no contest" to the opinion. You do illegal narcotics, acknowledge you do, but just can't bring yourself to admit it. The residents and their children should be humiliated by the fact that, in my opinion, you basically admit to using drugs. I wonder if the taxpayers are now happy to know that their hard earned tax money is used to purchase illegal narcotics. This is another good example to the children by the HFD. The town should order hair follicle drug testing to the HFD. If you don't comply, the residents should kick your useless ass out of town. GIVE AN EDUCATED RESPONSE WHY THE HFD FIGHTS DRUG TESTING. I don't want some coked up frat boy going to any fire under the influence of illegal narcotics. NO ANSWER IS AN ANSWER. You cannot defend the issue and rumors becuase they are true. If not, man up tough guy.

I agree with guest about it would be good for the cops/fire to live in town, people always take better care of their own things which they all have a stake in. One thing doesn't make sense. At some point in life most couples have children who are attending school, but just because your kids aren't in school anymore doesn't mean you obligation is over. When other people with no kids were paying taxes for your kids to go to school everything was fine. Now that this has changed don't you think its your turn now to support the school system for the kids that are going to school now even though yours are not. Its the circle of life like in The Lion King. My point was if that you are paying $12,000.00/year in taxes don't you want the most productivity out of the people taking home your tax money? For example, having two or three cops on the street to protect 16,000 people while paying 10 fireman just to sleep is just wrong. I would much rather have a well conceived volunteer fire dept. and 10 cops on the street. Things are getting more dangerous. You probably didn't hear about the incident involving guns on Kingsland Ave. very recently one night because the politicians keep you in the dark purposely to give you the feeling of safety. On that night, both Officers were dealing with that situation and if you needed help from a home invasion, robbery, rape, or whatever you would have had to wait for a Cop from Kearny or Jersey City to get to you. Probably 1/2 hour. By then, the damage would have been horrible to you or your family with no one to help you. All the cops could have done when they got there is to call an ambulance to scoop you or your family members battered bodies off the street and file a report. If you don't do the best with the money you pay or demand people to be accountable, its over. Next year aid from the state willbe $0. What then, 1 cop. use your head.

I agree with guest about it would be good for the cops/fire to live in town, people always take better care of their own things which they all have a stake in. One thing doesn't make sense. At some point in life most couples have children who are attending school, but just because your kids aren't in school anymore doesn't mean you obligation is over. When other people with no kids were paying taxes for your kids to go to school everything was fine. Now that this has changed don't you think its your turn now to support the school system for the kids that are going to school now even though yours are not. Its the circle of life like in The Lion King. My point was if that you are paying $12,000.00/year in taxes don't you want the most productivity out of the people taking home your tax money? For example, having two or three cops on the street to protect 16,000 people while paying 10 fireman just to sleep is just wrong. I would much rather have a well conceived volunteer fire dept. and 10 cops on the street. Things are getting more dangerous. You probably didn't hear about the incident involving guns on Kingsland Ave. very recently one night because the politicians keep you in the dark purposely to give you the feeling of safety. On that night, both Officers were dealing with that situation and if you needed help from a home invasion, robbery, rape, or whatever you would have had to wait for a Cop from Kearny or Jersey City to get to you. Probably 1/2 hour. By then, the damage would have been horrible to you or your family with no one to help you. All the cops could have done when they got there is to call an ambulance to scoop you or your family members battered bodies off the street and file a report. If you don't do the best with the money you pay or demand people to be accountable, its over. Next year aid from the state willbe $0. What then, 1 cop. use your head.

I don't believe that Harrison only had 2 cops on duty. Most of the time East Newark has 2 cops on duty and that department is 1/4 the size. If it's true there were only 2 cops on duty that an issue for who is in charge of scheduling.

I do however believe the HPD could use some more cops. It's a shame with the layoffs in Newark PD crime is over flowing in the area.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Exactly what I said has happened. Another dumb Barney comment to deflect away from the issue of drug testing. Answer the question that was asked you scared little heartless, gutless man. WHY IS THE HFD AFRAID OF DRUG TESTING? I knew you couldn't provide an educated answer which proves that you are basically claiming "no contest" to the opinion. You do illegal narcotics, acknowledge you do, but just can't bring yourself to admit it. The residents and their children should be humiliated by the fact that, in my opinion, you basically admit to using drugs. I wonder if the taxpayers are now happy to know that their hard earned tax money is used to purchase illegal narcotics. This is another good example to the children by the HFD. The town should order hair follicle drug testing to the HFD. If you don't comply, the residents should kick your useless ass out of town. GIVE AN EDUCATED RESPONSE WHY THE HFD FIGHTS DRUG TESTING. I don't want some coked up frat boy going to any fire under the influence of illegal narcotics. NO ANSWER IS AN ANSWER. You cannot defend the issue and rumors becuase they are true. If not, man up tough guy.

Barney, seriously, go talk to the chief about your delusional thoughts and behaviors. It's not healthy to be exibiting all this anger and hostility. It probably dates back to when you were in the Cub Scouts and were picked on by some Brownies.

Stop in the firehouse this week, you can cry on my shoulder. It might be helpful to just let it all out and I'll buy you lunch. You like lobster salad?

You should believe me because its true. Go to the next council meeting and bring it up, or ask the patrol on the streets about it instead of administrative bosses and if they don't confirm it, they're lying. Better yet, its public record, go the the HPD and ask for a copy of the minimum manpower requirements. Seek and you shall find and believe. Also, on a very rare occasion that minimum manpower falls below due to someone being sick nobody is called to replace the sick guy without direct authorization of the Mayor. If you can't reach him, thats all you get for the night. In my opinion, he hates the cops, always has and doesn't want to pay overtime with town funds even if it jeapordizes public safety. Although out of the 10 fireman every shift, if 1 calls in sick, they replace him with someone getting 24 hours of overtime in a heartbeat. Instead of 2 cops would you feel better if it was 3 to protect 16,000 residents. You voted for him, now comes the consequences.

Barney, if you're going to be a good liar, you have to have a good memory. You've stated many times there's a volunteer fire dept where you live. Now you're saying where you live the FD cleans the

high school and town hall at night.

Barney, I think Harrison's Bravest is right about you.

It seems that the word at the HFD is to not respond to any article concerning DRUG TESTING so that the issue will die on the board. WHY WON'T THE HFD AGREE TO RANDOM DRUG TESTING? Once again, in my opinion, the rumors of drug abuse and possible distribution must be true because NO ANSWER IS THE ANSWER. If it were not true, even concerning another issue, they would pounce all over the architect of the post and respond as always. Instead, another asshole Barney comment followed the post. The HFD is so devoid of courage and pray to God that that random drug testing won't happen. What, no more Barney jokes, nothing. Doesn't this seem a little strange to the residents. You say you have such a dangerous job but if I were going into a burning I would not want a delusional coked up guy behind me if I needed him to help me. Apparently you don't mind. For the third time, WHY IS THE HFD OPPOSED TO DRUG TESTING and so scared about it that they are rendered speechless. It ain't goin away guys, so PROVIDE THE PEOPLE WITH A SOLID AND LOGICAL REASON YOU ARE FRIGHTENED OF RANDOM DRUG TESTING!! You are a bigger bunch of cowards than I ever though you were. What a humiliation for the town and in my opinion, why is the taxpayers hard earned money being used for the suspected use of illegal narcotics? What a damn shame.

You should believe me because its true. Go to the next council meeting and bring it up, or ask the patrol on the streets about it instead of administrative bosses and if they don't confirm it, they're lying. Better yet, its public record, go the the HPD and ask for a copy of the minimum manpower requirements. Seek and you shall find and believe. Also, on a very rare occasion that minimum manpower falls below due to someone being sick nobody is called to replace the sick guy without direct authorization of the Mayor. If you can't reach him, thats all you get for the night. In my opinion, he hates the cops, always has and doesn't want to pay overtime with town funds even if it jeapordizes public safety. Although out of the 10 fireman every shift, if 1 calls in sick, they replace him with someone getting 24 hours of overtime in a heartbeat. Instead of 2 cops would you feel better if it was 3 to protect 16,000 residents. You voted for him, now comes the consequences.

Well Harrison residents should be getting on the PD/Town for this. That is just not right or safe.

As for the FD part you mentioned that is not true. If you listen to there morning radio checks often they have less guys then 9, many days only 7. A good portion of the time they only have E3 and L1 in service no E1. E1 would be in service with 9 or more guys and 5 out of 7 days it's not. HFD doesn't have the man power for this any more and they aren't hiring anytime soon.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

It seems that the word at the HFD is to not respond to any article concerning DRUG TESTING so that the issue will die on the board. WHY WON'T THE HFD AGREE TO RANDOM DRUG TESTING? Once again, in my opinion, the rumors of drug abuse and possible distribution must be true because NO ANSWER IS THE ANSWER. If it were not true, even concerning another issue, they would pounce all over the architect of the post and respond as always. Instead, another asshole Barney comment followed the post. The HFD is so devoid of courage and pray to God that that random drug testing won't happen. What, no more Barney jokes, nothing. Doesn't this seem a little strange to the residents. You say you have such a dangerous job but if I were going into a burning I would not want a delusional coked up guy behind me if I needed him to help me. Apparently you don't mind. For the third time, WHY IS THE HFD OPPOSED TO DRUG TESTING and so scared about it that they are rendered speechless. It ain't goin away guys, so PROVIDE THE PEOPLE WITH A SOLID AND LOGICAL REASON YOU ARE FRIGHTENED OF RANDOM DRUG TESTING!! You are a bigger bunch of cowards than I ever though you were. What a humiliation for the town and in my opinion, why is the taxpayers hard earned money being used for the suspected use of illegal narcotics? What a damn shame.

Barney, my contacts inside the PD tell me they know who you are. You're the angry guy who's always bitching about your working condition, lack of OT, the mayor, etc. Commuting to Harrison is a B**ch this time of year, right Barney? But hey, you're wealthy, take a limo to work.

Like the last poster said, you're a fraud Barney and an embarrassment to the PD.

There is no lie in my statements. We have a volunteer fire dept. I wouldn't live in a town or city that has a paid fire Little Rascals at a Keebler Clubhouse. In my opinion, I could have been on drugs, you know how that is (LOL), at the time the post was typed. Do you think I would actually move, as I did a short time ago, to ANY town or city that has a paid Clubhouse? NO F**KING way is that ever going to happen. So forgive me, almighty one for my mistake as nobody at the HFD has any higher education to pick up on that. I am sure that your limited education and eagle eyed fire skills actually picked up on my mistake, not a lie. You are so bothered by my simple opinions that you assholes actually spend what amounts to hours reading my posts. Why don't you do something productive instead, like explain to the residents WHY YOU ARE AFRAID OF RANDOM DRUG TESTING. If I am a liar, my opinions aren't going to cost anyone a cent or a life, but you're REFUSAL TO BE DRUG TESTED SPEAKS VOLUMES AND COULD COST LIVES. If I were a Harrison resident, I would be very concerned as to this behavior instead of a guy who doesn't live in the town. DRUG TESTING is a deterrant to drug use, not a witch hunt, and in my opinion that you fight DRUG TESTING to the bitter end if forced to do so tells the story. I could have went to the fire, but I got high. I could have helped out, but I got high. Now I'm receiving the junkie pension and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high.

Barney, you're becoming very borrrrringgg.

There is no lie in my statements. We have a volunteer fire dept. I wouldn't live in a town or city that has a paid fire Little Rascals at a Keebler Clubhouse. In my opinion, I could have been on drugs, you know how that is (LOL), at the time the post was typed. Do you think I would actually move, as I did a short time ago, to ANY town or city that has a paid Clubhouse? NO F**KING way is that ever going to happen. So forgive me, almighty one for my mistake as nobody at the HFD has any higher education to pick up on that. I am sure that your limited education and eagle eyed fire skills actually picked up on my mistake, not a lie. You are so bothered by my simple opinions that you assholes actually spend what amounts to hours reading my posts. Why don't you do something productive instead, like explain to the residents WHY YOU ARE AFRAID OF RANDOM DRUG TESTING. If I am a liar, my opinions aren't going to cost anyone a cent or a life, but you're REFUSAL TO BE DRUG TESTED SPEAKS VOLUMES AND COULD COST LIVES. If I were a Harrison resident, I would be very concerned as to this behavior instead of a guy who doesn't live in the town. DRUG TESTING is a deterrant to drug use, not a witch hunt, and in my opinion that you fight DRUG TESTING to the bitter end if forced to do so tells the story. I could have went to the fire, but I got high. I could have helped out, but I got high. Now I'm receiving the junkie pension and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high.

That last part is actually funny... it's a song for those of you who don't know.

I personally believe all First Responders and Emergency Personal should be drug tested randomly at least once a year. Our lives and safety are in their hands. Does anyone actually disagree with that?

I agree that many professions that deal with the public should be randomly drug tested, such as cops, fireman, teachers, medical personnel, and most of all the politicians. Wouldn't testing the politicians be a hoot. The reason I single out the Harrison Fire Dept. is that when they were first approached to drug testing around the same time as the cops, they initially wanted an extra $5,000.00 per man each year for the "stress" of a drug testing policy (What F**KING stress if your clean?). When that failed, they threatened the town with a lawsuit if the town tried to drug test them. Why all the drama? JUST ACCEPT THE DRUG TESTING POLICY and prove me wrong to the entire town!! You cannot because there is a strong likelyhood that jobs will be lost. Man up or get the F**K out of town. If anyone doesn't believe me about the HFD, the posts I've made about the skeleton manpower rules for the town, if you check, will boost my credibility sky high. I said "sky high" so don't get excited fireboy.

I agree that many professions that deal with the public should be randomly drug tested, such as cops, fireman, teachers, medical personnel, and most of all the politicians. Wouldn't testing the politicians be a hoot. The reason I single out the Harrison Fire Dept. is that when they were first approached to drug testing around the same time as the cops, they initially wanted an extra $5,000.00 per man each year for the "stress" of a drug testing policy (What F**KING stress if your clean?). When that failed, they threatened the town with a lawsuit if the town tried to drug test them. Why all the drama? JUST ACCEPT THE DRUG TESTING POLICY and prove me wrong to the entire town!! You cannot because there is a strong likelyhood that jobs will be lost. Man up or get the F**K out of town. If anyone doesn't believe me about the HFD, the posts I've made about the skeleton manpower rules for the town, if you check, will boost my credibility sky high. I said "sky high" so don't get excited fireboy.

I believe they should have drug testing. But yelling and cursing about it will do nothing. Write to all local elected officials, state senator for the area and the Govenor if you care that much.

If you know of anyone violating drug laws, please arrset them already or shut-up. Now, please do your job, get off the computer and catch some criminals like those who robbed Quik Chek.