Demanding Job

Guest guest

One of KFD'S self proclaimed bravest referred to being a ff as a demanding job. OMG, thats funny shit!! Another clubhouse urchin got a new copy of the movie "Backdraft" for Christmas because he wore out the old one. Now he's watching it 5 times a day again to try and figure out what his alleged job actually is. I know he can be a comedian in his spare time. Here's some material; " You know folks, most fireman are so good they are fully trained by the age of three. Amazing you say? A three year old can sleep, shit, eat, and watch TV. Now you see! LOL!! I often wear my fireman's costume with the air tank and helmet around the house. I watch "Backdraft" in it and have my family must call me Axe, Bull, or Smoke eater to make sure they think I'm better than them. LOL!!" See how easy it is. Now the rest of the material should flow out of your peanut sized mind. You might even be able to peddle your schtick on Leno or Letterman. "Bang, zoom, to the the moon Alice!!

One of KFD'S self proclaimed bravest referred to being a ff as a demanding job. OMG, thats funny shit!! Another clubhouse urchin got a new copy of the movie "Backdraft" for Christmas because he wore out the old one. Now he's watching it 5 times a day again to try and figure out what his alleged job actually is. I know he can be a comedian in his spare time. Here's some material; " You know folks, most fireman are so good they are fully trained by the age of three. Amazing you say? A three year old can sleep, shit, eat, and watch TV. Now you see! LOL!! I often wear my fireman's costume with the air tank and helmet around the house. I watch "Backdraft" in it and have my family must call me Axe, Bull, or Smoke eater to make sure they think I'm better than them. LOL!!" See how easy it is. Now the rest of the material should flow out of your peanut sized mind. You might even be able to peddle your schtick on Leno or Letterman. "Bang, zoom, to the the moon Alice!!

Your jealousy is just dripping out of your post. Probably because you took the wrong test. LOL !!

I envy u man!!! nothing better to do at 8:14 in the morning.. why dont you go out and buy a newspaper and look for a job!!! LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest KPDPipes

Ok...maybe THIS Brain Surgeon will be able to answer the recurring question that all of the FD_haters seem to ignore.... Kearny Emergency Medical Service was Born from the Kearny VOLUNTEER Emergency Rescue Squad, because that Volunteer service COULD NOT MAINTAIN COVERAGE of ONE Ambulance, with a Minimum of TWO people on board 24/7/365, even with HALF of the day being paid (As North Arlington does)that's TWO people for TEWLVE hours a Day, for Seven Days a Week. 14 shifts total. Now, if this Town, of 40-odd thousand people Could not come up with enough volunteers to cover a mere 14 shifts per week, HOW Do you plan to get enough volunteers to fight a fire? I DONT WANT TO HEAR about how Anyone else does it..I want to know how you plan to have KEARNY do it. I've been a cop here for 23 1/2 years, and I've seen a LOT of stupidity on KOTW since it's inception, but this Nonsense has GOT to be the Pinnacle of Stupidity.... I have become convinced that if Breathing were not an Involuntary reflex most of these Anti-Firefighter morons would suffocate.

Kearny PD and Kearny FD STAND TOGETHER, andb happen to WORK together pretty well..... You Moronic sheep can drag up anything from the past you want..including the letter to the editor from ONE guy that was sent over ten years ago, and it doesn't change that fact. What's sad is that there are so MANY people who are apparently Threatened somehow by the fact here in kearny the PD and FD are not at each other's throats. If you WANT that type of infighting...Move to Harrison.

Ok...maybe THIS Brain Surgeon will be able to answer the recurring question that all of the FD_haters seem to ignore.... Kearny Emergency Medical Service was Born from the Kearny VOLUNTEER Emergency Rescue Squad, because that Volunteer service COULD NOT MAINTAIN COVERAGE of ONE Ambulance, with a Minimum of TWO people on board 24/7/365, even with HALF of the day being paid (As North Arlington does)that's TWO people for TEWLVE hours a Day, for Seven Days a Week. 14 shifts total. Now, if this Town, of 40-odd thousand people Could not come up with enough volunteers to cover a mere 14 shifts per week, HOW Do you plan to get enough volunteers to fight a fire? I DONT WANT TO HEAR about how Anyone else does it..I want to know how you plan to have KEARNY do it. I've been a cop here for 23 1/2 years, and I've seen a LOT of stupidity on KOTW since it's inception, but this Nonsense has GOT to be the Pinnacle of Stupidity.... I have become convinced that if Breathing were not an Involuntary reflex most of these Anti-Firefighter morons would suffocate.

Kearny PD and Kearny FD STAND TOGETHER, andb happen to WORK together pretty well..... You Moronic sheep can drag up anything from the past you want..including the letter to the editor from ONE guy that was sent over ten years ago, and it doesn't change that fact. What's sad is that there are so MANY people who are apparently Threatened somehow by the fact here in kearny the PD and FD are not at each other's throats. If you WANT that type of infighting...Move to Harrison.

I agree. I believe you would get about 20-30 members at most. That is about enough to man maybe and Engine and Ladder company 24/7 (sure at night you could man more but with people's works schedules and such how they would probably over lap that's about all you could get during the day). Kearny would not be protected the way it needs to be. East Newark draws volunteers from East Newark, Harrison and Kearny combined and only have in the mid 30's when it comes to volunteers.

I paid fire department is a must for Kearny. I outlined a plan for a combo department, notice why I only replaced one of the current Kearny companies with a volunteer unit? Because anything else would not be feasible.

We have a great service provided by our FD. Our PD is also outstanding.

KPDPipes, I do have a question for you that could put more cops on the street and firefighters back in the ranks. (1 cop per shift and 1 firefighter per shift) Why doesn't Kearny explore merging dispatch with Harrison and East Newark and create a West Hudson Dispatch center?

I understand having a police officer/ff behind the mic is an advantage in some respects but a well trained dispatcher could do the job in my opinion just the same. Look around at all the major cities that's the way they are going these days. Why not Kearny jump in and get another officer on the streets?

If you are a KPD Officer for 23 1/2 years you should know something other than that you never passed a promtional exam. I, as well as many others, have always and still do consider the Police the most honorable and bravest professions of all. For you to publicly call the residents who have supported you for 23 1/2 years with respect, calling the residents "Moronic sheep" is a horrible thing to say. If the other Officers know who you are they should straigten your ass out. Not one person on this site has ever made a comment mean or harmfull to the KPD and the people have always appreciated the Police for a job well done under difficult circumstances. Why in the world would you say something like that? Is your best friend or one of your family members a fireman? Either way, you or your union rep. should offer a heartfelt and remorsefull apology to the public for that horrendous insult. Shame on you. The residents of Kearny have always looked up to the Police for their intregrity and professionalism. You personally, not the rest of the KPD, obviously have an out of control drinking problem or a broken home life to lash out at the residents who had and have nothing but positive remarks about the KPD. If you have felt this way about the people for 23 1/2 years you should have never been hired. You are an absolute disgrace to the fine men and women of the KPD. Get help or take an early retirement, you don't deserve to serve along side the proud men and women who wear the KPD uniform!!

Guest KPDPipes

I agree. I believe you would get about 20-30 members at most. That is about enough to man maybe and Engine and Ladder company 24/7 (sure at night you could man more but with people's works schedules and such how they would probably over lap that's about all you could get during the day). Kearny would not be protected the way it needs to be. East Newark draws volunteers from East Newark, Harrison and Kearny combined and only have in the mid 30's when it comes to volunteers.

I paid fire department is a must for Kearny. I outlined a plan for a combo department, notice why I only replaced one of the current Kearny companies with a volunteer unit? Because anything else would not be feasible.

We have a great service provided by our FD. Our PD is also outstanding.

KPDPipes, I do have a question for you that could put more cops on the street and firefighters back in the ranks. (1 cop per shift and 1 firefighter per shift) Why doesn't Kearny explore merging dispatch with Harrison and East Newark and create a West Hudson Dispatch center?

I understand having a police officer/ff behind the mic is an advantage in some respects but a well trained dispatcher could do the job in my opinion just the same. Look around at all the major cities that's the way they are going these days. Why not Kearny jump in and get another officer on the streets?

It was tried back in the mid 90's, and was a dismal failure. Out of 5 Civilian dispatchers, 2 were decent, the rest were utter nightmares. Once burned Twice Shy. While I personally couldnt be cooped up inside, IMO having someone who KNOWS what you need is key when the SHTF. It's just like the whole Volunteer issue. What works some places doesnt work in others. Our system has been in place for a long time, and it works quite well....even though as one Harrison Jackass put it, we "Don't even have Tactical Uniforms"...whatever difference that Makes. :rolleyes:

Why should he apologize? Public servants are only allowed to be ridiculed on this board and not stand up for themselves?!? These boards are really giving Kearny a bad name. You should take his post to mean that enough is enough. Everyone should stop complaining on these boards in such a public manner. It's disgraceful to the community.

Guest KPDPipes

If you are a KPD Officer for 23 1/2 years you should know something other than that you never passed a promtional exam. I, as well as many others, have always and still do consider the Police the most honorable and bravest professions of all. For you to publicly call the residents who have supported you for 23 1/2 years with respect, calling the residents "Moronic sheep" is a horrible thing to say. If the other Officers know who you are they should straigten your ass out. Not one person on this site has ever made a comment mean or harmfull to the KPD and the people have always appreciated the Police for a job well done under difficult circumstances. Why in the world would you say something like that? Is your best friend or one of your family members a fireman? Either way, you or your union rep. should offer a heartfelt and remorsefull apology to the public for that horrendous insult. Shame on you. The residents of Kearny have always looked up to the Police for their intregrity and professionalism. You personally, not the rest of the KPD, obviously have an out of control drinking problem or a broken home life to lash out at the residents who had and have nothing but positive remarks about the KPD. If you have felt this way about the people for 23 1/2 years you should have never been hired. You are an absolute disgrace to the fine men and women of the KPD. Get help or take an early retirement, you don't deserve to serve along side the proud men and women who wear the KPD uniform!!

Stuff and nonsense...or have you forgotten the Whining over the Tickets already??? Simple fact is the Moronic Sheep are the Harrison Jackasses, and the people who are too stupid to think for themselves who jump on the "Lets hate the Firefighters" bandwagon. Now, Last time I checked, I am Entitled to my opinion, and i am ALSO entitled to voice it here...just as you are. You may not LIKE what i have to say..but then again I honsestly dont CARE. No doubt "Guest" :rolleyes: you'll be right here complaining when you get a ticket for something.....for all your "Support" of the PD. Leonardo DaVinci was eminently correct in his estimation of people in general.