Is He Nuts?!? Are They?!?

Guest CantBelieveMyEyes

Guest CantBelieveMyEyes

KBOE Member John Campbell was found to be in violation of N.J.S.A. 18A:12-24.1 (d) and (e) of the Code of Ethics for School Board Members by the School Ethics Commission. The Acting Commissioner of Education ordered that John Campbell be censured as a school official found to have violated the School Ethics Act. Link to Opinion

GUILTY AND CENSURED but Mr. Campbell, an elected school board member, wants the TAXPAYERS of KEARNY to reimburse him ANYWAY for his legal fees in the amount of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS$$$$$$$

Is he nuts?!? He violated the ethics law but wants US to provide him with a golden parachute for his deeds. I hope the rest of the KBOE members are smart enough to tell him NO!

Are They?!?

Edited by KOTW
KOTW corrected code for link to opinion.

Guest BOE Pres Not

KBOE Member John Campbell was found to be in violation of N.J.S.A. 18A:12-24.1 (d) and (e) of the Code of Ethics for School Board Members by the School Ethics Commission. The Acting Commissioner of Education ordered that John Campbell be censured as a school official found to have violated the School Ethics Act. Link to Opinion

GUILTY AND CENSURED but Mr. Campbell, an elected school board member, wants the TAXPAYERS of KEARNY to reimburse him ANYWAY for his legal fees in the amount of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS$$$$$$$

Is he nuts?!? He violated the ethics law but wants US to provide him with a golden parachute for his deeds. I hope the rest of the KBOE members are smart enough to tell him NO!

Are They?!?

Seems like the mud is flying already! Careful what you write it could come back to bite you in the A$$!

What you fail to mention is that the "witch hunt" against Mr. Campbell backfired! Even the Observer wrote that the whole issue was a amateur sting operation. Also not mentioned that there was numerous charges brought against him, but they were ALL DISMISSED but one. The one that stuck was by far the weakest, i.e., only censured was recommended, the lightest penalty.

So, pay the bills. He is entitled to legal defense as a Board Member, as is all other Board members or do you and your cronies have other plans for the money, like hiring more relatives, friends and favors for people or BUILDING A MIDDLE SCHOOL? Keep hiring unqualified people to do jobs, it really does good for the district and our kids.

Just food for thought, obviously there is a mole at the BOE because what you posted has not been released to the public to date......see your A$$ in court!

Guest Elected Idiots

Are They?!?

If the elected idiots, the Super's Board of Bobbleheads, did what they were elected to do, provide the best possible education for our kids instead of personal attacks on people who don't agree with their views, Mr. Campbell would not have had to defend himself against BS charges and therefore would be no legal fees to talk about!

I just want to say, as a parent, and Taxpayer, I have watched what goes on within the BOE, and the little guy J.C. has more guts, and more sense, than F.D. and his puppets. He is despised, and disrespected, by them, only, because,he tries to do the RIGHT thing,and gets in thier way.Its F.D.that should be paying the legal expenses,he filed the BS charges, and now will blow somemore of our tax dollars. April is right around the cornor,throw out the puppets! J.C. is the only incumbant that WILL GET MY VOTE. Oh, by the way, J,C. has daughters that are educators, but, are not on Kearnys payroll WHY NOT??? I will tell you, Its not about personal gain, Its truly about the children, and us, the TAXPAYER !!!

Guest Kearny Taxpayer

Are They?!?

I think John Campbell should pay the legal fees for the ONE count that he was found guilty of.

I think the Superintendent, Frank DiGesere, should pay the legal fees for the FOUR counts for which no violation was found. That's because it was DiGesere who filed the complaint against Campbell.

I think the taxpayer should thus pay ZERO.

I think the Board of Education who allowed the Superintendent to file this complaint should be EMBARASSED. You've allowed the Superintendent and one Board member to waste time and money. In the meantime, student test scores keep deteriorating and you spend your time on this stuff!

JC is corrupt as they get. How come 20k was missing from the BOE about two years ago? Because he took it. but you guys keep voting for him. good job. He's a thief and really needs to leave the town of Kearny. What a disgrace. funny that everyone didn't hear about the 20k right? The BOE does a good job of hiding it.

Edited by KOTW
The above information has not been verified. The post was allowed because it refers to an elected official.

I just want to say, as a parent, and Taxpayer, I have watched what goes on within the BOE, and the little guy J.C. has more guts, and more sense, than F.D. and his puppets. He is despised, and disrespected, by them, only, because,he tries to do the RIGHT thing,and gets in thier way.Its F.D.that should be paying the legal expenses,he filed the BS charges, and now will blow somemore of our tax dollars. April is right around the cornor,throw out the puppets! J.C. is the only incumbant that WILL GET MY VOTE. Oh, by the way, J,C. has daughters that are educators, but, are not on Kearnys payroll WHY NOT??? I will tell you, Its not about personal gain, Its truly about the children, and us, the TAXPAYER !!!

You are so right.F.D.is the real problem. He disrespects everyone,he`s a sneak and a very believable liar. No one ever gets a straight answer from him(F.D.). J.C. has every right to ask the B.O.E. to pay his legal fee`s. Just think if F.D. would have gotten his way the B.O.E. would not have to worry about paying legal fee`s. WASTEFUL SPENDING thats what F.D. is all about. If ever a question should be asked how about 1 million dollars spent on the building on midland ave and the salary the B.O.E. pays F.D.???

Guest In the Know

I hear the Mayor is very upset too. Politics makes strange bedfellows. Should be a very interesting April Board of Ed Election.

JC is corrupt as they get. How come 20k was missing from the BOE about two years ago? Because he took it. but you guys keep voting for him. good job. He's a thief and really needs to leave the town of Kearny. What a disgrace. funny that everyone didn't hear about the 20k right? The BOE does a good job of hiding it.

[

Excuse me whoever posted this should get their facts straight. This is a case of mistaken identity the real culprits are DS and **. And its a lot more than 20 K its more like 100 + K . You say the BOE was hiding the facts about the stolen money your an idiot if JC took the money he would be hung out to dry it would be on the front page of the Observer and he would be in handcuffs. The statement your made makes no sense at all.I think you are looking to sling some mud but it will come right back in your face.

Edited by KOTW
The above information has not been verified. The post was allowed because it refers to an elected official.

Excuse me whoever posted this should get their facts straight. This is a case of mistaken identity the real culprits are DS and **. And its a lot more than 20 K its more like 100 + K . You say the BOE was hiding the facts about the stolen money your an idiot if JC took the money he would be hung out to dry it would be on the front page of the Observer and he would be in handcuffs. The statement your made makes no sense at all.I think you are looking to sling some mud but it will come right back in your face.

He's corrupt get over it. He needs to go along with the rest of those old timers. It's about time he goes into a retirement home anyway. JC is irresponsible and I do understand ** is another issue. They both need to go. They are a disgrace to the Kearny School System just as **** **** was. They are like organized crime but people continue to vote for them because they buy their votes with the same money they take from the tax payers. Of course your going to criticize my post but fact of a matter is it's true. One day it will come to the light and everyone will be so surprised. *** ***** did a hell of job too.lol. Funny what just a little power does to people. It's about their personal gains rather than about the children.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

You must get your facts straight. D.S. is the one who should be investigated not J.C.. D.S. is the one who deals with the architects who are contracted to do all school repairs and additions. Maybe someone should look into payments made to the architects.

Guest Thanks 4 Info

Great info, I hope you follow your own advice, "the BOE does a good job of hiding it". Because if you follow your own advice you certainly can't RE-ELECT the people you speak of....DS ans GS, you see they were on the board when this so called cover up hapened!

KOTW, I believe you can post the names **** ******** and ***** ******, because they are the elected officials serving on the BOE at that time and still are to date.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Kearny Voter

I hear the Mayor is very upset too. Politics makes strange bedfellows. Should be a very interesting April Board of Ed Election.

Which Board of Education members have terms ending this year? When's the petition filing deadline to run?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CantBelieveMyEyes

Seems like the mud is flying already! Careful what you write it could come back to bite you in the A$$!

What you fail to mention is that the "witch hunt" against Mr. Campbell backfired! Even the Observer wrote that the whole issue was a amateur sting operation. Also not mentioned that there was numerous charges brought against him, but they were ALL DISMISSED but one. The one that stuck was by far the weakest, i.e., only censured was recommended, the lightest penalty.

So, pay the bills. He is entitled to legal defense as a Board Member, as is all other Board members or do you and your cronies have other plans for the money, like hiring more relatives, friends and favors for people or BUILDING A MIDDLE SCHOOL? Keep hiring unqualified people to do jobs, it really does good for the district and our kids.

Just food for thought, obviously there is a mole at the BOE because what you posted has not been released to the public to date......see your A$$ in court!

As a longtime Kearny resident and taxpayer, I would expect that my fellow residents would have a reasonable expectation that our elected school officials, all of them, would conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. You indicated that it was a "witch hunt" against Mr. Campbell. It was no witch hunt. It’s called accountability of elected officials. If you live in Kearny, you should demand no less.

Read the School Ethics Commission’s ruling regarding Mr. Campbell’s ethics charges and look at the Commission’s factual findings. It’s all right there in black and white. And not backfired either. GUILTY of charge #1, the most serious charge! Four charges were dismissed not because he was innocent but because they were not fully substantiated. The Commission’s ruling states as much. Partially substantiated charges must not count. However, they still reinforce the strong appearance of Mr. Campbell being ethically and morally challenged.

The Commission found that Mr. Campbell was generally not a convincing witness and was found to be less than credible. These are two traits that should cause the residents of Kearny to have no confidence in him as a school board member and question his real motives for being on the school board.

During open public meetings, Mr. Campbell repeatedly professes the need for fiscal accountability to the taxpayers. He votes NO for most appropriations. Yet under the present circumstances, he has no second thought to expect those same taxpayers of Kearny to reimburse him for his legal fees in the amount of thousands of dollars. This is more proof of his absent ethical and moral values. He should take his own advice and pay his own bills to save the taxpayers that he so actively advocates for from feeling the financial pain. He was the one that was censured by NJ State officials.

Here’s some more food for thought. This information has been available to the public for some time. Go to a school board meeting. It’s quite entertaining most of the time to hear what is discussed. Try reading the meeting minutes. It’s all right there, in black and white. Or, as a last resort, maybe ask Mr. Campbell himself. He’s really quick to tell anyone that will listen to him his version of facts as he drives around town.

GUILTY AND CENSURED but Mr. Campbell, an elected school board member, wants the TAXPAYERS of KEARNY to reimburse him ANYWAY for his legal fees in the amount of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS$$$$

Are They?!?

Campbell is a *****, and this is just more proof of it. I don't understand why anyone would vote for him.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

He's not despised but he is disrespected, and for good reason. He has the brains of a goldfish. The only thing he offers is complaint against everything that gets done. He gets the votes of people who are pissed off but don't have the brains to figure out that in government you actually have to choose to do something. So they elect idiots like Campbell and then can't figure out why nothing gets better.

He's not despised but he is disrespected, and for good reason. He has the brains of a goldfish. The only thing he offers is complaint against everything that gets done. He gets the votes of people who are pissed off but don't have the brains to figure out that in government you actually have to choose to do something. So they elect idiots like Campbell and then can't figure out why nothing gets better.

At least he has a brain, the other members are sitting on theirs. He also does choose to do something.....that is not agree with the BUSINESS AS USUAL MENTALITY of the BOE. JC wears his heart on his sleeve, what you see is what you get. Though his choices does not make the majority of the Board happy because he is not a YES man, they are to benefit the most important issue at the BOE.... KIDS!

Guest Miss Crabtree???

As a longtime Kearny resident and taxpayer, I would expect that my fellow residents would have a reasonable expectation that our elected school officials, all of them, would conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner. You indicated that it was a "witch hunt" against Mr. Campbell. It was no witch hunt. It's called accountability of elected officials. If you live in Kearny, you should demand no less.

Read the School Ethics Commission's ruling regarding Mr. Campbell's ethics charges and look at the Commission's factual findings. It's all right there in black and white. And not backfired either. GUILTY of charge #1, the most serious charge! Four charges were dismissed not because he was innocent but because they were not fully substantiated. The Commission's ruling states as much. Partially substantiated charges must not count. However, they still reinforce the strong appearance of Mr. Campbell being ethically and morally challenged.

The Commission found that Mr. Campbell was generally not a convincing witness and was found to be less than credible. These are two traits that should cause the residents of Kearny to have no confidence in him as a school board member and question his real motives for being on the school board.

During open public meetings, Mr. Campbell repeatedly professes the need for fiscal accountability to the taxpayers. He votes NO for most appropriations. Yet under the present circumstances, he has no second thought to expect those same taxpayers of Kearny to reimburse him for his legal fees in the amount of thousands of dollars. This is more proof of his absent ethical and moral values. He should take his own advice and pay his own bills to save the taxpayers that he so actively advocates for from feeling the financial pain. He was the one that was censured by NJ State officials.

Here's some more food for thought. This information has been available to the public for some time. Go to a school board meeting. It's quite entertaining most of the time to hear what is discussed. Try reading the meeting minutes. It's all right there, in black and white. Or, as a last resort, maybe ask Mr. Campbell himself. He's really quick to tell anyone that will listen to him his version of facts as he drives around town.

Is that you, Miss ??? Sure sounds like this post can only come from you. At it again huh? Getting close to election time and you're going to start the BS again. get it all out, for you will be gone soon! JC is only 1 BOE member, why are so many loyal to FD so mean and attacking to JC? Because the man drives you people nuts maybe? Because he asks the questions nobody wants to answer, because he does not go with the flow? How about focusing attention on the 1 person responsible for the education of our kids...Mr. Digesere. He is the Chief Schools Administrator and is the sole responsible party for what goes on with the School District. If you don't believe this ask him yourself, he has no problem letting everyone know that!

If schools are failing, test scores down, friends and family being hired, the most qualified people being skipped over for personal choice people to fill jobs, employees not performing, KHS coming in 230 in rank of High Schools.......who is to blame......THE CHIEF SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR, the guy who is paid the big bucks, over $218,000.00 this year alone, not to mention all the friends he brought in making 6 figures.

If our KIDS are going to be given the chance for success, than the BOE from the top down needs to have some house cleaning done! People are finally starting to wake up and change for the better is happening! So, keep focusing on JC as the rug gets pulled out from under you and all the puppets! The gravy train is making it's last stop! THE RIDE IS OVER!!!!!!

You must be one of F.D`S. CRONIES. Everyone knows that MR. CAMPBELL is there for the children. As for F.D. he there for the money and nothing else. Wasteful spending that`s what F.D. is all about.He`s all about making the big bucks nothing else.

Guest $ AND CENTS

I can only think that you are sleeping with him, nobody in there right minds can agree that he brings negative attention wherever he goes he wastes alot of ink along with alot of air ....

• 1 month later...
Guest *CantBelieveMyEyes*

Campbell is a *****, and this is just more proof of it. I don't understand why anyone would vote for him.

IsHeNuts?!?AreThey?!? was totally correct.

KBOE Member John Campbell was found to be in violation of N.J.S.A. 18A:12-24.1 (d) and (e) of the Code of Ethics for School Board Members by the School Ethics Commission. I read the verdict and all I can say is SHOCKING!

GUILTY AND CENSURED, Mr. Campbell not only is seeking re-election to the Kearny school board but he wants the TAXPAYERS of KEARNY to reimburse him for his legal fees in the amount of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS$$$$

He violated the ethics law but wants the TAXPAYERS of KEARNY to reward him for his deeds. I hope the TAXPAYERS of KEARNY are smart enough to tell him NO! He's hurting our children and their interests.