Lousy Job again Mayor Santos

Guest John Leadbeater

Jus Saying Back at Ya was correct except for the exact time of the fire.

Fact: The national weather service for the NYC metropolitan area records it as a 24 hour storm that began late morning on Sunday December 26.

Fact: Yes, the Fire call was at Tuesday at 3 a.m. That's 16 hours after the storm ended. 60 residents were promptly transported to other locations.

Fact: residents were transported from the Elm Street side of the building.

Fact: that portion of Elm Street is NOT an emergency road.

Fact: Kearny Fire, DPW, Police and Ambulance squad got all the residents transported.

Fact: Television crews were there but left after they saw that no one was in danger and residents were getting transported despite 2 feet of snow.

So Doc, stop spinning the story for John. You're embarassing yourself.

Most of those aren't facts. Infact most of the things you said are pieces of misinformation. I'm not spinning any story for John, I don't even know the guy. I'm just stating what I saw, know to be true and experienced. When I start to go down your list and realize one of the facts are wrong I don't even bother checking the others. What a waste of time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really jackass? What kind of imbecile plows for 36 hours straight? Why would you put the community at risk by doing that? It shows your lack of leadership skills and your pompous nature. If Kearny citizens ever elect you mayor they really get what they deserve.

Let me know what body shop gave you the $27.00 estimate. Never heard of a place even touching a car for less then a grand.

I have to agree. Plowing for 36 hours is extremely dangerous. No one should do it and if you allowed yourself to do it you are just as stupid.

As for the $27.00 estimate it does sound a bit farfetched. I have seen estimates under a grand. But without knowing how much damage was done I can't really even make a comment either way with this one.

Guest disappointed

A week later and cross walks are not clear on Wilson & Bergen Ave. Very disappointed in the snow clean up; Kearny Ave. was bearly passable is right; right across the double lines...

Guest ElmStreetMan

Most of those aren't facts. Infact most of the things you said are pieces of misinformation. I'm not spinning any story for John, I don't even know the guy. I'm just stating what I saw, know to be true and experienced. When I start to go down your list and realize one of the facts are wrong I don't even bother checking the others. What a waste of time.

Hey Doc, you don't address any of the facts I posted. If they're not true, then you should tell us what they should be. You don't because you can't.

Instead you cop an attitude and run from the discussion (and the facts).

Why do you think someone snow plowing for 36 hours any more dangerous than a fireman working 24 hours? Is there some magical number that you know of how many hours a person can endure at a particular job. You are lucky the streets got plowed at all. Good job Mayor Santos.

Why do you think someone snow plowing for 36 hours any more dangerous than a fireman working 24 hours? Is there some magical number that you know of how many hours a person can endure at a particular job. You are lucky the streets got plowed at all. Good job Mayor Santos.

Because they physically don't work for all 24 hours. They have built in break time and sleep time that they are just on standby for.

Driving for 36 hours straight is extremly dangerous. So is driving for 24 hours straight. You are no longer as alert as you were at hour 3.

I have a feeling that I didn't need to post it. Some ignorant person is probably just looking again to attack firefighters.

You are lucky the streets got plowed at all. Good job Mayor Santos.

Are you kidding me... I was driving down Belgrove Drive yesterday going south. Half the time i was driving in the middle of the road cause the snow forced cars to park further into the street. When I hit East Newark and then Harrison on Grant Ave I noticed something different. I no longer had that issue. Snow was removed curb to curb. Why can these towns do that and Kearny can't? (Especially on emergency roads, I don't expect Kearny to go curb to curb on every street but a few key streets I do)

A fireman doesn't "work" for 24 hours numbnuts. He/she may be on duty but they're not actually fighting fires or doing other fire house related work for 24 hours straight.

As a matter of fact there are "magical numbers" of how long a person can perform their jobs and these restrictions are used in many lines of work. Flight crews for example. So get your head out of your a** before you post again sizzle chits.

And what does John Leadbeater plowing for 36 hours during the 1996 blizzard have to do with Santos?

If the 24 hour shifts include sleeping and resting, I say apply that principle and extend that offer to the other departments in the town. The cops, street dept., and others can work eight hours, then get eight hours sleep, then work another eight hours and go home. Just stagger the sleeping periods to keep a minimum number of employees on duty at any one time and it should work. The only reason the fireman got these 24 hour shifts is because they duped these smalltown Mayor's in NJ into this crap. They should work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day like everyone else. Paying grown men to sleep, what a disasterous waste of money. When the fire frat boyz call in sick for a 24 hour shift they are charged 2 sick days instead of three, what the F**K is that? You will never learn. Gas is predicted to reach $5.00 a gallon by the end of the year and you think paying people to sleep is productive. My town has a full time volunteer fire dept. and there hasn't been a problem in 50 years. Continue to pay your $12,000.00 tax bill and water bill while for years my very low taxes has enabled me to amass quite a buck for my childs college education. Guess your kid will be dropping the fries at BK after high school. You are doing a great service towards ruining your kids future at the expense of loving fireman. I sure someday they will properly thank you. You are asshole of the biggest kind.

Guest Kpdpipes

If the 24 hour shifts include sleeping and resting, I say apply that principle and extend that offer to the other departments in the town. The cops, street dept., and others can work eight hours, then get eight hours sleep, then work another eight hours and go home. Just stagger the sleeping periods to keep a minimum number of employees on duty at any one time and it should work. The only reason the fireman got these 24 hour shifts is because they duped these smalltown Mayor's in NJ into this crap. They should work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day like everyone else. Paying grown men to sleep, what a disasterous waste of money. When the fire frat boyz call in sick for a 24 hour shift they are charged 2 sick days instead of three, what the F**K is that? You will never learn. Gas is predicted to reach $5.00 a gallon by the end of the year and you think paying people to sleep is productive. My town has a full time volunteer fire dept. and there hasn't been a problem in 50 years. Continue to pay your $12,000.00 tax bill and water bill while for years my very low taxes has enabled me to amass quite a buck for my childs college education. Guess your kid will be dropping the fries at BK after high school. You are doing a great service towards ruining your kids future at the expense of loving fireman. I sure someday they will properly thank you. You are asshole of the biggest kind.

I would actually address the portion in Blur to YOU, Not Doc..although I have my issues with him.

What I find MOST interesting about your post is that You have NO ROLE HERE..you freely admit you are niether a Resident Not a TAXPAYER in Kearny...therefore. STFU and worry about your Own Town. Just another Jackass whining about Firefighters for no reason. So what was it?? Did you fail the Test???, Blow the Physical?? Piss hot?? or did some Paid Firefighter steal your Girl?? Come on Skippy...tell us it's ok.

Guest Kearny's Bravest

Here's an analogy that maybe our dim-witted "Guest" can understand. Think of the FD as the Air Force, the AF has all those planes and missles on standby waiting to be needed, hoping they're never needed.

Sure it costs a lot of money but would anyone say disband the AF? Of course not.

BTW, "Guest"... When you're sleeping in your bed tonight, if you wake up smelling smoke and your detector is going off and you start thinking, Oh my God it's a fire, remember, all your volunteers are also home in bed sleeping. I hope you have lots of insurance or that college nest egg is gone.

BTW, "Guest"....When you're sleeping in your bed tonight, if you suddenly smell smoke and you start thinking Oh my God it's a fire

Wasn't the '96 blizzard the one that you were out driving the plow and hitting parked cars?

Why would a council person be behind the wheel of a town vehicle with a snow plow? That person is not an employee. Wouldn't that person be exposing the town to a major liability? God forbid, what if that person hit and seriously injured or even kill someone with the plow. Would the Town's insurance cover an incident when the vehicle is being driven by this person overstepping there responsibilities?

Doesn't sound like a responsible thought process on the part of an elected official.

Sounds more like a political thought process by someone drumming up votes.

I do not live in town, thats correct. I never was interested in or had any desire to be a clubhouse flunkie. I worked a real job as an example to my kid as what to do instead of wasting taxpayer money, in ANY town, on you useless postules. I have enoough money to buy any frat boy 10X over so its not a money issue on my part. I do address this issue to other towns about these wastefull paid fire depts. The whole world doesn't revolve around the KFD. You should be working at KFC. Although I am well off, I do know what it's like to work in the real world. One big mouth know it all states that fires go up in a bad econmy, not crime. I have a volenteer fire dept. in my town and sleep soundly knowing that there are enough Police Officers to handle any situation. We have better than average Police Coverage because of a volunteer fire dept and great service time because of this. Put your overblown, overpaid ego in check and realize with no state aid next year there WILL be lay-offs in the fire dept. because the town cannot make payroll. This once thriving community has turned into a statewide laughing stock mostly due to the outrageous pay of you underachievers who got your job thru nepotism and patronage. You are incapable of making it in the real word because of your marginal intelligence so mommy or daddy, if you know who he is, got you on the KFD welfare wagon. I fathom that less than 10% of the KFD have a college degree. Taxpayers should not be ripped off by uneducated cowards who think they are God's gift to the world.

I do not live in town, thats correct. I never was interested in or had any desire to be a clubhouse flunkie. I worked a real job as an example to my kid as what to do instead of wasting taxpayer money, in ANY town, on you useless postules. I have enoough money to buy any frat boy 10X over so its not a money issue on my part. I do address this issue to other towns about these wastefull paid fire depts. The whole world doesn't revolve around the KFD. You should be working at KFC. Although I am well off, I do know what it's like to work in the real world. One big mouth know it all states that fires go up in a bad econmy, not crime. I have a volenteer fire dept. in my town and sleep soundly knowing that there are enough Police Officers to handle any situation. We have better than average Police Coverage because of a volunteer fire dept and great service time because of this. Put your overblown, overpaid ego in check and realize with no state aid next year there WILL be lay-offs in the fire dept. because the town cannot make payroll. This once thriving community has turned into a statewide laughing stock mostly due to the outrageous pay of you underachievers who got your job thru nepotism and patronage. You are incapable of making it in the real word because of your marginal intelligence so mommy or daddy, if you know who he is, got you on the KFD welfare wagon. I fathom that less than 10% of the KFD have a college degree. Taxpayers should not be ripped off by uneducated cowards who think they are God's gift to the world.

First off. Stop saying I said things that I didn't. I said fires go up in a bad economy. Which is true. I never ever ever said crime does not go up. I only was making a statement saying that fires go up in a bad economy. Someone then responded saying that because I never mentioned crime and police that I must believe that crime does not go up. (paraphased) Which is not true and I later said that. (All that took place in a Harrison post) So stop twisting my words. Fire's and Crime both tend to go up in a bad economy.

What town do you live in? You have to understand there is certain reasons why certain towns need paid departments. Aside from the many services they offer towns like Kearny do need paid firefighters. With that chemical plant down in South Kearny and the exposure issues you have in the residential area. Most Bergen county towns don't have this issue. Thats why they are mostly volunteer.

I would actually address the portion in Blur to YOU, Not Doc..although I have my issues with him.

What I find MOST interesting about your post is that You have NO ROLE HERE..you freely admit you are niether a Resident Not a TAXPAYER in Kearny...therefore. STFU and worry about your Own Town. Just another Jackass whining about Firefighters for no reason. So what was it?? Did you fail the Test???, Blow the Physical?? Piss hot?? or did some Paid Firefighter steal your Girl?? Come on Skippy...tell us it's ok.

lol what are your issues? I'm assuming you're a Kearny cop, which I've always supported on this forum and you seem to back the FD, which I always do. So I'm curious to where your issues are with me. Maybe because I think the town did a horrible job with this past storm? I am a resident and a taxpayer I have the right to complain.

Guest Resident Guest

You hit it right on the head. How about the great job done on Dr. Gennace's house on the corner of Midland Ave. and Belgrove Drive on that fateful New Year's Eve when all the firemen called in sick--not a hose or a ladder to be found. Great Job You Guys--hope you don't have a fire on a holiday or you will have nothing left, as if the KFD would save your house on a good day/night.

Give back your pay and benefits--paid to eat, sleep, and watch TV--what a job!

Guest KPDPipes

And with ALL that you failed to notice that my handle is KPDPipes...You Know, as in POLICE DEPARTMENT. Interesting how you focus on education when you can't even seem to pick up that little tiny Detail. But hey..you Stay Classy there Skippy.

Guest ElmStreetMan

Are you kidding me... I was driving down Belgrove Drive yesterday going south. Half the time i was driving in the middle of the road cause the snow forced cars to park further into the street. When I hit East Newark and then Harrison on Grant Ave I noticed something different. I no longer had that issue. Snow was removed curb to curb. Why can these towns do that and Kearny can't? (Especially on emergency roads, I don't expect Kearny to go curb to curb on every street but a few key streets I do)

Hey Doc, there you go again, exaggerating for spin purposes. Seriously, you think anyone will believe you that you're driving down Belgrove Drive on Thursday, January the 6th, and had to drive in the middle of the road? The road has driving lanes in each direction AND parked cars on both sides.

As to East Newark, Grant Avenue between Kearny and Central Avenue had the snow piles on the side yesterday.

Hey Doc, my advice to you is to take 2 aspirin and deal with the fact that Santos did good considering it was a 2 foot blizzard that paralyzed half the State.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of my facts in my posting above about the nursing home are not accurate.

Here's an analogy that maybe our dim-witted "Guest" can understand. Think of the FD as the Air Force, the AF has all those planes and missles on standby waiting to be needed, hoping they're never needed.

Sure it costs a lot of money but would anyone say disband the AF? Of course not.

BTW, "Guest"... When you're sleeping in your bed tonight, if you wake up smelling smoke and your detector is going off and you start thinking, Oh my God it's a fire, remember, all your volunteers are also home in bed sleeping. I hope you have lots of insurance or that college nest egg is gone.

Good analogy but I think Barney's not smart enough to understand it.

Guest Kearny's Bravest

Barney, you're such a fraud. Anyone who has a need to try to impress others with how much money they have, doesn't have much money. The funniest thing about you is you think you're getting over on anyone.

You're a pathetic fool who would give a lung to be a firefighter, but alas, you didn't make the grade.

Sorry Charlie, we're throwing you back.

Hey Doc, there you go again, exaggerating for spin purposes. Seriously, you think anyone will believe you that you're driving down Belgrove Drive on Thursday, January the 6th, and had to drive in the middle of the road? The road has driving lanes in each direction AND parked cars on both sides.

As to East Newark, Grant Avenue between Kearny and Central Avenue had the snow piles on the side yesterday.

Hey Doc, my advice to you is to take 2 aspirin and deal with the fact that Santos did good considering it was a 2 foot blizzard that paralyzed half the State.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to tell me which of my facts in my posting above about the nursing home are not accurate.

On that date and all the days prior (once the storm hit) driving down in the evening when cars are fully parked all over Belgrove from Bergen ave until the Grant ave fork I had to drive in the middle of the street. (At least 1/3 of my car over at many points)

The snow piles you speak of are all near the railroad tracks. Once you hit Sherman ave on Grant there are no sizeable snow piles taking up parking at all.

Patients were not transported promptly many of them not until over an hour and a half into the operation. I think they did a good job with it under the circumstances but If the second senior bus (from Harrison) didn't get stuck on the Corner of Elm/Bergen it could of been done faster and more efficiently.

I don't blame Santos specifically for any of this. There are a lot of people in the town that make decisions. Somewhere along the line someone dropped the ball. People should have been told to remove their cars from emergency roads before the storm hit.

Guest Scratching head

On that date and all the days prior (once the storm hit) driving down in the evening when cars are fully parked all over Belgrove from Bergen ave until the Grant ave fork I had to drive in the middle of the street. (At least 1/3 of my car over at many points)

The snow piles you speak of are all near the railroad tracks. Once you hit Sherman ave on Grant there are no sizeable snow piles taking up parking at all.

Patients were not transported promptly many of them not until over an hour and a half into the operation. I think they did a good job with it under the circumstances but If the second senior bus (from Harrison) didn't get stuck on the Corner of Elm/Bergen it could of been done faster and more efficiently.

I don't blame Santos specifically for any of this. There are a lot of people in the town that make decisions. Somewhere along the line someone dropped the ball. People should have been told to remove their cars from emergency roads before the storm hit.

I drove it last night. No, you don't wind up in the middle of the street.

I also drove Grant all the way through East Newark to 280. There are snow piles along the street.

Where do you put over 1,000 cars parked on Belgrove, Kearny Ave, Midland, Davis and Bergen ave? Is your driveway big enough?

I also drove Grant all the way through East Newark to 280. There are snow piles along the street.

Where do you put over 1,000 cars parked on Belgrove, Kearny Ave, Midland, Davis and Bergen ave? Is your driveway big enough?

I lived on Kearny Ave for 7 years as a driver. I moved it to a side street before the storm began. It forced those people to put their cars in their driveways.

6 days of melting does do a difference. It certainly did on my block and certainly did around the Extended Care facility on Belgrove which was the worst with cars parking far from the curb. That was mainly the area I had difficult with from that until the fork at Grant Ave.